Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means (2405 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Which Bornagain Christian Can Do This? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by bizmahn: 4:58am On Oct 20, 2013
chukwudi44: to avoid the anger of the lord, non beliver of Christ dont contribute

You never cease to amaze me with your "legendary stupidity"
You make yourself worse than the fellow you are trying to correct by sounding that way
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Image123(m): 10:11am On Oct 20, 2013
Goshen360: @ Bidam and Image123,

Please read Galatians 3:19 in as many translations you can and pay attention to the answer to the question asked, then go read exodus 19 what transpired before the law was given in Exodus 20 and henceforth

i know the verse and i know what it says. It has nothing to do with your claims that the children of Israel asked God to give them laws. i'm not saying you're right or wrong, i just dey mesmerised by your post. Make we leave am sha, lets not unrail my very highyo's thread.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by birdman(m): 4:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
bizmahn:
This post nicely buttresses my point.Highyo do not let anyone confuse you into believing that all the law contents have been abolished & as such new testament believers are relieved of all moral responsibilities once in christ.Ask yourself why didn't our dear Lord & his disciples engage in observing the animal sacrifices & and some of the elaborate odd requirements in the old testament? Its because they've been done away with but everyone knows the hallmark of what they lived & preached all through the new testament was sinless righteousness which is morality & is of the moral law.

Just so you know. If you decide to keep one of the law, you MUST keep all of them. No exceptions. Good luck with that.

These moral laws requiring sinless righteousness was so important to Christ that in matt.5:21-48, our Lord showed clearly that they've not been abolished but rather He has even enhanced their intensity to the extent that anger is now as good as murder,lust is as good as adultery etc.So do not be decieved.Do not put on yourself what the Lord,His apostles & discibles did not put on themselves & do not yield to erronous counsels to forsake the whole laws altogether else we can also treat "do not kill" as abolished.

You missed verse 17: Think not that I am come to make void the law or the prophets; I am not come to make void, but to fulfil

He then goes on to reveal the extent to which you must go if you want to fulfill those laws yourselves, if you decide not to rely on Christ fulfilling the law for you. If your right eye might see some evil pics on nairaland, you should preemptively pluck it out etc. Remember how angry you were at Seun when Afam became a mod? You should quit nairaland so you dont have that opportunity to sin again. etc...

If nothing else, Jesus clues the "slow" people in at the end of the chapter about the impossibility of fulfilling the law:

verse 48: Be *ye* therefore perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect Hopefully you have enough sense to know you cant do this.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by bizmahn: 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
birdman:

Just so you know. If you decide to keep one of the law, you MUST keep all of them. No exceptions. Good luck with that.

According to you & not according to the scriptures.

birdman:
You missed verse 17: Think not that I am come to make void the law or the prophets; I am not come to make void, but to fulfil

He then goes on to reveal the extent to which you must go if you want to fulfill those laws yourselves, if you decide not to rely on Christ fulfilling the law for you. If your right eye might see some evil pics on nairaland, you should preemptively pluck it out etc. Remember how angry you were at Seun when Afam became a mod? You should quit nairaland so you dont have that opportunity to sin again. etc...
Mr man I've never met you & I don't know Afam (whoever he is) & I certainly don't know any Seun & Afam mod stuff.You met the wrong fella or u guessed amiss.Try again later.
birdman:
If nothing else, Jesus clues the "slow" people in at the end of the chapter about the impossibility of fulfilling the law:
It is not impossible to live right by the grace supplied by Jesus Christ though prayers,fasts,self denial,preaching,obeying God in totality.If you see it as impossible to you fine but don't slow down others in their pace.
birdman:
verse 48: Be *ye* therefore perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect Hopefully you have enough sense to know you cant do this.
If you can't do it God says we can and I believe I can and I will.I know people that did.Daniel did,Job did,Enoch did,Paul the apostle did,John Wesley did,Charles Finney did etc.You are just adding to the usual excuses carnal christians pile up to support their prayerlessness,shameful christian conducts,spiritual laziness & wilful sins.I know your type of christian & I may not reply you beyond this.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by asco15(m): 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
If u wil nt accept d laws in d o.t den y do we accept d blessings, psalms, prophecy, proverbs etc in d o.t. Y dn't we just 4get d o.t as a whole?
4 me, some laws r 4 d priest (levites) and some laws r meant 2 show obedience just like looking up 2 d golden serpent is 2 shw obedience after dia disobedience
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by Image123(m): 12:55am On Oct 21, 2013
@OP
highyo: I know God will always stand by his words no matter. And he will judge every nature by his word

I do not want to be condem with just a little mistake. Please i need a true bornagain christain (not a benchwarmer o) true child of God that always live according to the bible not according to their pastor teaching. That will never twist the word of God no matter what, Infact I will even prefare deeper life member more to contribute

lev:19:19 do not wear a cloth made with different kind of materials

also lev19:27 do not trim the edge of your hair or your beard
Make i come answer highyo my very person oh. wink wink wink wink
This is strictly for highyo, in fact, i will not respond to anyone except highyo my person sef. You berra avoid my anger.

Highyo, i love and appreciate your quest and thirst for holiness([s]hope this is not going to be long already[/s]). Indeed, without holiness, no man shall see the Lord. As a child of God, there is need to understand that God loves you, and does not want you to fall. Actually, He would do all He can to make sure you do not fall. He's got the Son praying for you. And also the Holy Ghost is joining hands. There is no need to live in fear pf condemnation. There is no condemnation for them who are in Christ, and that includes you, right? Yes, we should reverence God, but not treat Him like an horror movie. He loves you because He loves you. Understand the balance, and let your moderation be known to me, okay? ALL MEN.

That being said, i believe Leviticus 19 is a very important chapter for at least three reasons. In other words, i appreciate and recognise the validity of your questions. At least, we are to prove all things fa.
1. ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. (2Timothy 3v16). Leviticus 19 is part of this ALL SCRIPTURE.
2. Leviticus 19 contains one of the most important verses in all of the Bible. Check out the proximity to verse 19 your question sef ehn! cheesy
Lev 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am the LORD.

This is the only passage where this quote is found in the OT BTW. Hear what Jesus said about it again.
Mar 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
In Matthew 22, He said that the whole Bible is hanging on it or something like that!! If i truly believe that the whole Bible is hanging on Leviticus 19v18, i would not trifle with or scorn any part of the chapter.

3. Paul talks of a similar passage and says that it was written for us. It's easy to think and believe that the epistles are written for us, or the new testament. But Paul quotes something about cows and says that without any doubt it is written for us. i'm like, i better get serious then.
1Co 9:9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?
1Co 9:10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

i'm guessing that if Paul said this things today on this thread, he would be accused of twisting the Bible, or being under the law, or trying to keep the abolished law of Moses. [s]Some fellows are even informing us that there are 613 laws, hehehehe, people get time sha[/s]. Anyway, Paul says of a similar, insignificant looking passage that For our sakes, no doubt, this is written. This tells us, that at the least, there is some application and lesson we can learn. That's what i'm going to try to state BRIEFLY, Amen.

Now, please understand that God's statutes are not all about heaven and hell. There are some that even if you are not totally faithful at, you'll still "make heaven" but may lose some reward. Or may not enjoy life here on earth to the extent God wanted for you.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire
Parents give different instructions to their children "Go and eat. Take your bathe. Wear your socks. Go to school. Don't touch that knife. Leave the kitchen. Do not drive the car". ETC Also, when God gives instructions,we should seek to know the context and the application. Would be great to do the chapter, but lets stay with highyo on this.

Lev 19:19 Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle engender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee.

-Thou shalt not let thy cattle engender with a diverse kind
-thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed
-neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee.
Three statutes that basically teach us not to be unequally yoked. BTW, cattle is referring to animals generally not just cows. man is curious and wants to try out things. However, curiosity has to take safety and knowledge into consideration. You don't want your child curiously wandering into danger zones. This is what God avoided for Israel. In their age, there was no enlightenment and education as we have today. Even today, with all the data, information and knowledge, serious mistakes and costly diseases are still being churned out from experiments with animals and plants. In the developed regions, we have the rumors of being dumbed down by the engineered foods and crops and animals that they eat.
Today we have a lot of control and quarantine. Nobody had such in Israel's time. Some curious fellow would just go give bird flu or some silly sickness to the whole land in the name of sowing mingled seed or engendering diverse kind. Like someone rightly said, it is like a child being kept from a knife or gas cooker.
neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woolen come upon thee. Many reasons are given for this, for those who study Bible commentaries. The reasons given are health, superstition and compromise with neighbour nations. The reason and application i want us to consider is MODERATION. Here is the parallel verse, for a fuller picture.
Deu 22:11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woolen and linen together.
In Bible times, we did not have the fashion industry the way it is now. It took a lot of effort and prestige to sew a cloth of different sorts. You'd not find the common man wear this sort of thing. When Jacob sowed something of this sort for joseph, his brothers got mad to the extent of selling him as a slave. We are not talking about ten year olds, this were adults!
Gen 37:3 Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colors.
Gen 37:4 And when his brethren saw that their father loved him more than all his brethren, they hated him, and could not speak peaceably unto him.

Its the same with David's child, Tamar. It was expensive royal clothing.
2Sa 13:18 And she had a garment of divers colors upon her: for with such robes were the king's daughters that were virgins appareled. Then his servant brought her out, and bolted the door after her.

i'll quote two or three more scriptures to buttress.
Jdg 5:30 Have they not sped? have they not divided the prey; to every man a damsel or two; to Sisera a prey of divers colors, a prey of divers colors of needlework, of divers colors of needlework on both sides, meet for the necks of them that take the spoil?

In the new testament, the believer is still told to be moderate in dressing.
1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array.

Lev 19:27 Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.
Lev 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.
To be brief, this had to do with superstituous beliefs prevalent in those times. When someone died, the heathen people had a culture of shaving in a particular way and making cuttings on their skins. it was a part of their idol worship and communications with the dead. the Israelites were not to copy this. Notice how this shaving and cutting is linked with the dead severally.

Deu 14:1 Ye are the children of the LORD your God: ye shall not cut yourselves, nor make any baldness between your eyes for the dead.
Deu 14:2 For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

Jer 47:5 Baldness is come upon Gaza; Ashkelon is cut off with the remnant of their valley: how long wilt thou cut thyself?
Jer 47:6 O thou sword of the LORD, how long will it be ere thou be quiet? put up thyself into thy scabbard, rest, and be still.

Jer 16:6 Both the great and the small shall die in this land: they shall not be buried, neither shall men lament for them: nor cut themselves, nor make themselves bald for them:

Today also, christians should not be glibly sucked in by the customs and practices around. Don't just make signs and poses because everybody is doing it, or it is trendy. Do ALL things to the glory of God, live a purpose driven life.

Highyo, hope its clearer?
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by birdman(m): 3:13am On Oct 22, 2013
bizmahn:

According to you & not according to the scriptures.

They are called laws for a reason. So you are going to pick and choose the ones you "think" you are supposed to do. The others you dont like are merely suggestions not applicable to you. lol.
Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by highyo: 8:55am On Oct 22, 2013
Many will end up in hell in the name of it doesnt matter
@honey child and bizmahn
may God bless you
one thing I want you all to understand, if u dont have the spirit of God in you, it will be so easy to be misleaded by some people
well to my own explaination and according to what the spirit gave to me
You are not a masqurade
masqurade put on different materials

2ndly do not let your dressing bring confusion to people mind
when they see you from far, it should be very clear in mind that that is a man or woman coming
let your dressing be clear and moderate
do not sow cloth of two materials
be transperient in all ways
yes this is white, this is black, do not be lookwarm
be hot or cold
this is a yam farm and this is a casava farm
not this is a yam casava farm
follow Christ or satan
play with dog or lion
it means stop playing hankypanky with God
the law still remain constant.
Lev 19 remains constant
only some like blood sacrifce, burning incence(ish 66:3) killing your enemy, eye for eye and tooth for tooth etc
the bible both old and new can not be do away with
can you walk with a single leg? You need the two legs to walk

also, if samuel, joshua, paul, peter, babalola, obadare, etc can keep the word, you dont have an excuse
lady stop seducing men by putting on mini skirt, trousers, tight etc, u can only get attracted to a wrong man
a word is enough for the wise

(1) (2) (Reply)

Popular Prophetess Success Oni Onwaeze Dies of Poisoning From Her Assistants PIX / Watch TB Joshua prophesied Russia Will Win Ukraine War & Suffer Economically / If Jesus Calls The Father " The Only True God" Does That Mean Jesus Is Not God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.