Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues (5470 Views)

My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me. / Help.. My 4 Years Old Marriage Is Gradually Crashing Out. / Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by bellong: 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
nicky4lif: Well if u walked out on him its wrong nd he also has no right to bring his wife's clothes.anybody that supports ur uncle is also doing it.from there u will start washing her panties nd bra(when he can put her in the wife as his wife),u shldnt even wash ur uncle boxes not cos u are too big to do that for ur uncle but cos its the wife's duty to do that,what if there are some left over on the boxes?

Which manual outlined such duties of the wife?
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
nicky4lif: Well if u walked out on him its wrong nd he also has no right to bring his wife's clothes.anybody that supports ur uncle is also doing it.from there u will start washing her panties nd bra(when he can put her in the wife as his wife),u shldnt even wash ur uncle boxes not cos u are too big to do that for ur uncle but cos its the wife's duty to do that,what if there are some left over on the boxes?
The truth is finally out from ur mouth yet u still want to justify ur yeyecious outburst by all means possible isn't it?

And yes he has the right to bring his wife's clothes for him to wash cos he is under their roof.
If the poster doesn't like it, nothing stops him from communicating to his uncle in a respectful manner than storming away after boldly telling him no.it didn't end there, for close to 2 yrs he stopd eating in the same house he is living and u r calling white blue?
If he don't want to eat and enjoy normal family life with them, why didn't he pack out as soon as he got d job?
Why rubbing it on his face?
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by dominique(f): 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
U don't like my posts, u can hug a transformer for all I care.
And in real life, I don't think our ways will ever cross so don't bother running away.
Nansense!

I also dont think I can ever set eyes on you but I see your likes all the time. The types that think they can make a person feel less than a human because of the torro-kobo help they're doing for him. The uncle has no right to ask ask him to wash his wife's clothes. Is he supposed to stay around while his uncle continue to insist? He has a right to walk away from the negative environment abeg.

9 Likes

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by soulglo: 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
So let me get this straight. You do the laundry but to add her blouse in the mix is demeaning to you? Okay let me break it to you but you have issues. So she cooked the food you ate until that time. At least you never said she cooked and did not feed you. She did that with no issues. Your issue came because your her blouse was mixed in with the laundry and you saw it there and put it to the side. Washed everything else and just left her blouse there. I know this because I know your uncle did not walk up to you and hand his wife's blouse to you to wash. You are disrespectful. If you had washed it and hung it up with all the rest of the clothes would it kill you. I can't believe people are telling you that it was demeaning. Someone who sees nothing in cooking your food is now beneath you feet and would reduce your worth as a human being if you washed her freaking blouse. Please go take a nap.

1 Like

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by YOMITEWIN(m): 5:14pm On Oct 18, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
The truth is finally out from ur mouth yet u still want to justify ur yeyecious outburst by all means possible isn't it?

And yes he has the right to bring his wife's clothes for him to wash cos he is under their roof.
If the poster doesn't like it, nothing stops him from communicating to his uncle in a respectful manner than storming away after boldly telling him no.it didn't end there, for close to 2 yrs he stopd eating in the same house he is living and u r calling white blue?
If he don't want to eat and enjoy normal family life with them, why didn't he pack out as soon as he got d job?

@yellowpawpaw, I knw I was wrong from walking away from him, but did u know d reason y I stop eating in their house? When he asked me to wash his wife blouse, and I refused, He made mention that "I can't wash his wife blouse but I can eat her food" dat was wat made me to stop eating, cos if I continue to eat, Only God knws I might decided to wash his wife feet
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by YOMITEWIN(m): 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
soul_glo: So let me get this straight. You do the laundry but to add her blouse in the mix is demeaning to you? Okay let me break it to you but you have issues. So she cooked the food you ate until that time. At least you never said she cooked and did not feed you. She did that with no issues. Your issue came because your her blouse was mixed in with the laundry and you saw it there and put it to the side. Washed everything else and just left her blouse there. I know this because I know your uncle did not walk up to you and hand his wife's blouse to you to wash. You are disrespectful. If you had washed it and hung it up with all the rest of the clothes would it kill you. I can't believe people are telling you that it was demeaning. Someone who sees nothing in cooking your food is now beneath you feet and would reduce your worth as a human being if you washed her freaking blouse. Please go take a nap.
You mean I should wash her blouse? After washing her blouse wat wil b d next tin to wash Panties and bra, Oh please come of it!
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
[quote author=dominique]

I also dont think I can ever set eyes on you but I see your likes all the time. The types that think they can make a person feel less than a human because of the torro-kobo help they're doing for him. The uncle has no right to ask ask him to wash his wife's clothes. Is he supposed to stay around while his uncle continue to insist? He has a right to walk away from the negative
environment abeg. [/quote

I still repeat poster disrespected his uncle and should even apologise for his rude behaviour.
As per u knowing my type, kudos, d transformer is still there if its paining u so well.

3 Likes

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by nicky4lif(f): 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
So who does it then,the man?
bellong:

Which manual outlined such duties of the wife?
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by nicky4lif(f): 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2013
And u are trying to prove ur yellowcious and pawpawcious right.cos they shelter him that means he wash her clothes?nd if by any chance he is their house boy,he will flush their p..right?
yellowpawpaw:

1 Like

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by YOMITEWIN(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
[quote author=yellowpawpaw][/quote] the transformer wey u put for NL abi mtcheeeeew!
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by soulglo: 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
YOMITEWIN: You mean I should wash her blouse? After washing her blouse wat wil b d next tin to wash Panties and bra, Oh please come of it!

Honestly you need to grow up. Why would she give you her underwear to wash. Why? Since anybody knows that it is likely not going to happen then what is your rational argument for refusing to wash a piece of cloth that was with the laundry. I am sure that till this day that woman still cooked and expected you to eat. Her husband was right to ask you that question. I also asked you that question. Your refusal to eat what she cooks now is as a result of your pride. Hungry people don't turn down food so I am sure you are not hungry. You have not mentioned anything about her coming at you in a disrespectful way. It tells me that she is likely aware of what you did but is just going about her business like it did not happen. Your uncle is even still on talking terms with you but yet you still hold a grudge. Gosh. I give up

1 Like

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by ifyalways(f): 5:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
@OP,you've already paid for the apartmen right? Let's hope they move by december as planned. When they move,simply go to the property section and put an advert to sublet one of the rooms,shikena!

1 Like

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by YOMITEWIN(m): 5:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
nicky4lif: And u are trying to prove ur yellowcious and pawpawcious right.cos they shelter him that means he wash her clothes?nd if by any chance he is their house boy,he will flush their p..right?
tel am nicky4lif if na him, he go fit pass thru wetin I dey pass thru? U get d mind @ yellowpawpaw
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2013
YOMITEWIN: @yellowpawpaw, I knw I was wrong from walking away from him, but did u know d reason y I stop eating in their house? When he asked me to wash his wife blouse, and I refused, He made mention that "I can't wash his wife blouse but I can eat her food" dat was wat made me to stop eating, cos if I continue to eat, Only God knws I might decided to wash his wife feet
Thank u for being bold enuf to accept that u made a mistake. Its quite courageous of u.
U hv to further extend it to apologising to them.
If we can only know d heart of man.ur uncle is a good man from what I saw here. He must hv told u that based on the reaction he got from u. Still yet he lived with u all these while. U don't know what goes on in d room when he is with the wife bc of ur action.
U r yet to marry. Marriage is very deep.
Little little small things can complicate marriage. But to d person concerned,it might mean nothing.
He is ur uncle and family. Go and apologise to him cos I tell u, he will be very happy within him too. If u can, I suggest u apologise to both of them.
God also lvs a humble heart.
Thanks once again.
I now rest my case
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by YOMITEWIN(m): 5:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
soul_glo:

Honestly you need to grow up. Why would she give you her underwear to wash. Why? Since anybody knows that it is likely not going to happen then what is your rational argument for refusing to wash a piece of cloth that was with the laundry. I am sure that till this day that woman still cooked and expected you to eat. Her husband was right to ask you that question. I also asked you that question. Your refusal to eat what she cooks now is as a result of your pride. Hungry people don't turn down food so I am sure you are not hungry. You have not mentioned anything about her coming at you in a disrespectful way. It tells me that she is likely aware of what you did but is just going about her business like it did not happen. Your uncle is even still on talking terms with you but yet you still hold a grudge. Gosh. I give up
and who told u am still having grudges wit him, someone whom am still washing his car, do all his laundry up till now fetch water for them to use in d same house, u better dnt jump into conclusion if u did nt go thru d stories very well
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by dominique(f): 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
Soul glo, it starts from a blouse o. They prolly put the blouse there to test the waters. If he had accepted, it would get to blouses, skirts, pants (trousers). Before we know it, undies would be added to the mix. Is it by then he should start refusing? That's why I said, what you won't eat, don't taste or sniff it.

yellowpawpaw: I still repeat poster disrespected his uncle and
should even apologise for his rude behaviour.
As per u knowing my type, kudos, d
transformer is still there if its paining u so
well.

Why body dey pepper you? Because I stated my observations about you? Yes I remember the airlord thread where you ridiculed and insulted a man down on his luck begging for funds on his mum's behalf (I can go dig it up if you want). Your attitude on that thread speak a lot about the type of person you are.
Now you're here justifying an uncle ordering his nephew to do his wives laundry amongst the heap of chores he does in the house. Nah! Call me proud or arrogant, I would politely decline too. If the situation gets heated, I excuse myself form it incase it gets physical.

8 Likes

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
YOMITEWIN: @yellowpawpaw, I knw I was wrong from walking away from him, but did u know d reason y I stop eating in their house? When he asked me to wash his wife blouse, and I refused, He made mention that "I can't wash his wife blouse but I can eat her food" dat was wat made me to stop eating, cos if I continue to eat, Only God knws I might decided to wash his wife feet

Poster, do not mind anyone telling you it is right for your uncle to bring his wife's blouse to you to wash. She wasn't sick, and even if she was, its your uncle's duty, not yours. Same people would not even wash their own mother inlaw's wrapper. They have failed to read the part you said you have been 'serving' them for years doing other chores, but just because you chose not to wash your uncle's wife's blouse, you have become arrogant and ungrateful. If eating her food gives him the right to hand over her blouse to you, then its better you stopped.

I have a very close friend in this situation you described, and if not because I'm 100% sure he doesn't even know nl exists plus the little twist to your story, I could have sworn it was him. This dude stayed with his uncle for 12years before he got married. He stayed with them throughout his service year as their 'houseboy' till he got a job. He decided to still stay with his uncle for some time till he sorts himself out to raise enough money for an apartment. His parents stay outside that city. There is no chore he has not done in that house just because they are housing him

He cooks the food they eat, washes dishes, cleans n mop the whole house, washes the uncle's undies, their cars, scrubs their bathroom, run errands, like buying roadside akara n moimoi for their own consumption alone, grinding pepper, changing their sheets n laying their bed. What does the uncle do? Nothing! The wife, all she does is to babysit. Baby is close to 2yrs btw. If he goes to his parents for 3days, he'll come back to their house to meet accumulated dishes of 3days, n soaked undies waiting for him. He got bk from work one day and the uncle told him to go n prepare food for his wife cos she's on her way n has called that she's hungry. He set out for an event just last week saturday and his uncle called him on phone to come back home and clear dishes ; the plates he and his wife used for breakfast. cos his wife wants to cook lunch. Dude never complained and he has also stopped eating at home for months cos he got tired of cooking for them, and whenever wife cooked, she left him out. That still hasn't stopped him from washing their piled up plates. He also once saw the wife's clothing while washing his uncle's and he kept it aside.

He endured it all in silence but loathes his uncle n wife so much. He's moving out next month never to step his foot in their house or have anything to do with them anymore. The treatment has been that bad. He thought he was helping out rightfully too, but he overdid it and they took advantage of him.

Op, I don't know why you allowed your uncle talk you into paying for the 2bedroom flat, you should have stuck to your own initial 1room. Move out to a cheaper accomodation once your rent expires and be independent. Also, learn from the experience, treat people right.

From different experiences around me, Living with a relative for a long period of time should be avoided at all cost. It usually turns out to be a nightmare, a very ugly one.

7 Likes

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by YOMITEWIN(m): 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
dommfa:

Poster, do not mind anyone telling you it is right for your uncle to bring his wife's blouse to you to wash. She wasn't sick, and even if she was, its your uncle's duty, not yours. Same people would not even wash their own mother inlaw's wrapper. They have failed to read the part you said you have been 'serving' them for years doing other chores, but just because you chose not to wash your uncle's wife's blouse, you have become arrogant and ungrateful. If eating her food gives him the right to hand over her blouse to you, then its better you stopped.

I have a very close friend in this situation you described, and if not because I'm 100% sure he doesn't even know nl exists plus the little twist to your story, I could have sworn it was him. This dude stayed with his uncle for 12years before he got married. He stayed with them throughout his service year as their 'houseboy' till he got a job. He decided to still stay with his uncle for some time till he sorts himself out to raise enough money for an apartment. His parents stay outside that city. There is no chore he has not done in that house just because they are housing him

He cooks the food they eat, washes dishes, cleans n mop the whole house, washes the uncle's undies, their cars, scrubs their bathroom, run errands, like buying roadside akara n moimoi for their own consumption alone, grinding pepper, changing their sheets n laying their bed. What does the uncle do? Nothing! The wife, all she does is to babysit. Baby is close to 2yrs btw. If he goes to his parents for 3days, he'll come back to their house to meet accumulated dishes of 3days, n soaked undies waiting for him. He got bk from work one day and the uncle told him to go n prepare food for his wife cos she's on her way n has called that she's hungry. He set out for an event just last week saturday and his uncle called him on phone to come back home and clear dishes ; the plates he and his wife used for breakfast. cos his wife wants to cook lunch. Dude never complained and he has also stopped eating at home for months cos he got tired of cooking for them, and whenever wife cooked, she left him out. That still hasn't stopped him from washing their piled up plates. He also once saw the wife's clothing while washing his uncle's and he kept it aside.

He endured it all in silence but loathes his uncle n wife so much. He's moving out next month never to step his foot in their house or have anything to do with them anymore. The treatment has been that bad. He thought he was helping out rightfully too, but he overdid it and they took advantage of him.

Op, I don't know why you allowed your uncle talk you into paying for the 2bedroom flat, you should have stuck to your own initial 1room. Move out to a cheaper accomodation once your rent expires and be independent. Also, learn from the experience, treat people right.

From different experiences around me, Living with a relative for a long period of time should be avoided at all cost. It usually turns out to be a nightmare, a very ugly one.
Thnks dearie, @ least yellowpawpaw can get a piece from that!
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by soulglo: 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
dominique: Soul glo, it starts from a blouse o. They prolly put the blouse there to test the waters. If he had accepted, it would get to blouses, skirts, pants (trousers). Before we know it, undies would be added to the mix. Is it by then he should start refusing? That's why I said, what you won't eat, don't taste or sniff it.

Oh I see. So the issue is obviously not that he does the laundry. The issue is that the clothes belong to a mere wife. Would it be an issue if he lived with his sister and her blouse was included with her husbands clothes and he had to wash it? Would you boldly tell someone not to wash the blouse. You. A woman. Telling this young man not to wash the blouse because it is demeaning to him. Demeaning because it belongs to the woman of the house and not the man of the house. If men swept onto this thread and repeated what you were saying they would be branded chauvinist pigs.
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by olushowunm(m): 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Wash the blouse and wait for their children too... Everything is in cycle my brother... For there is nothing new under the sun... Eccl. 1:4-20...

What you did might be termed arrogant in some spheres, but i see that as fulfiling the third law of nature: "For every action is an equal and opposite reaction"..
I have seen such, i remember my only sister... We always have issues because of his hubby, it will have been good if the hubby is friendly and have a giving spirit... He is so stingy that i can't help but free them and go my own way, charting my own path out of their influence and wealth... And it paid-off for me on the long run... My sister and her hubby now respect me for i don't take a shit and i made it on my own... Even when she wants to talk to me, she will have to inform my mother to know if i will be able to pick her call... Thats the respect i have earned from them...
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by StateOfMind: 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
soul_glo:

Oh I see. So the issue is obviously not that he does the laundry. The issue is that the clothes belong to a mere wife. Would it be an issue if he lived with his sister and her blouse was included with her husbands clothes and he had to wash it? Would you boldly tell someone not to wash the blouse. You. A woman. Telling this young man not to wash the blouse because it is demeaning to him. Demeaning because it belongs to the woman of the house and not the man of the house. If men swept onto this thread and repeated what you were saying they would be branded chauvinist pigs.

I stay with my own own blood sister and the day she asks me to wash her husband's top for him when they are both not sick, I will refuse. Heck, I don't even wash her own clothes not to talk of her husband's. It is demeaning because an adult is supposed to do laundry by himself or herself and not ask another adult to do so just because you are housing the person.
I do all other chores, dishes, cook, clean, sweep, but definitely not laundry!

In this situation, she is an inlaw. Her brother inlaw should not do her laundry for her. The fact that she cooks for the household and he eats out of it does not mean he should wash her clothes. He already makes up for it in other aspects like fetching, cleaning n doing his own brother's laundry and washing cars.

Even if this dude was living with his sister, it is totally wrong for the sister to give her own brother her husband's clothes abeg.

5 Likes

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by dominique(f): 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
soul_glo:

The question is, what exactly is she doing that she can't wash her own blouse? The op does the bulk of the household chores (except cooking) once again WHY COULD'T SHE WASH HER OWN DAMN BLOUSE?!
Where I come from, a woman is supposed to give her inlaws utmost respect (men also, but the respect is required more from a woman). Its all manners of disrespectful for a woman to expect her husband's nephew to do her laundry. I live close to my husband's brother and he has grown kids that are always around me. People think I have the advantage to send them all sorts of errands or make them assist with chores but I don't. Most times when they do offer, but I rather do my things my way. When my young cousins came to spend some time with me, I was so relieved cos I was sending them on all sorts of errands but my hubby hardly did (reversal of scenario lol). If you get my drift you'd see that its wrong for a woman to expect her inlaw to do her laundry.

Edit
Well said SOM, I hastily replied soul_glo before reading your reply. Couldn't have said it better.

1 Like

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by Haywhymido(m): 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
dominique:

I also dont think I can ever set eyes on you but I see your likes all the time. The types that think they can make a person feel less than a human because of the torro-kobo help they're doing for him. The uncle has no right to ask ask him to wash his wife's clothes. Is he supposed to stay around while his uncle continue to insist? He has a right to walk away from the negative environment abeg.
yea, it gud to c d exact female type of me. My parent taught to give out without expecting to receive. So because i feed him, cloth him,give him sum money my younger brother shd nw turn to my wife's puppet If she can allow him to start f**king her den i wil allow him to wash such blouse includin her pant n bra. Coz wot i can't allow to b done to me i don't do it to oda pipo.Sum ladies r shameless sha ur opposite sex washing ur cloths includin pants n bra all in d name of AM TIRED JHOR.
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
Seriously, washing someone's blouse is now a problem

Hmmmmm.....seems lyk the world I grew in is quite different from the general world! angry sad sad
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by nicky4lif(f): 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nd to think they migh be of same age.what was she doing?sleeping I guess.if I'm the one,I wldnt even allow my husband to take it outside,talk more of giving it to him,I wll be soo unomfortable.my sister's BIL was staying with my sister nd her husband,he never in a day washed my sister's clothes or dishes,my sister was doing all that.its just so wrong.
dommfa:

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by andyanders: 10:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
YOMITEWIN: @yellowpawpaw To God who made me, I dnt have pride, am very Humble, just because I reject washing my uncle's wife blouse doesn't mean I have pride. I've been staying with dem for good 4 years and I do evrytin dey ask me to do, I do evrytina am asked to do. So get dat sire.

You acted right by not washing the woman's blouse for what. NEVER do it. Just keep praying that God will open ways for you. Why must even your uncle ask you to wash his wife's cloth.Nonsense. I think your uncle is under a manipulation.
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by soulglo: 10:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
StateOfMind:

I stay with my own own blood sister and the day she asks me to wash her husband's top for him when they are both not sick, I will refuse. Heck, I don't even wash her own clothes not to talk of her husband's. It is demeaning because an adult is supposed to do laundry by himself or herself and not ask another adult to do so just because you are housing the person.
I do all other chores, dishes, cook, clean, sweep, but definitely not laundry!

In this situation, she is an inlaw. Her brother inlaw should not do her laundry for her. The fact that she cooks for the household and he eats out of it does not mean he should wash her clothes. He already makes up for it in other aspects like fetching, cleaning n doing his own brother's laundry and washing cars.

Even if this dude was living with his sister, it is totally wrong for the sister to give her own brother her husband's clothes abeg.

dominique:

The question is, what exactly is she doing that she can't wash her own blouse? The op does the bulk of the household chores (except cooking) once again WHY COULD'T SHE WASH HER OWN DAMN BLOUSE?!
Where I come from, a woman is supposed to give her inlaws utmost respect (men also, but the respect is required more from a woman). Its all manners of disrespectful for a woman to expect her husband's nephew to do her laundry. I live close to my husband's brother and he has grown kids that are always around me. People think I have the advantage to send them all sorts of errands or make them assist with chores but I don't. Most times when they do offer, but I rather do my things my way. When my young cousins came to spend some time with me, I was so relieved cos I was sending them on all sorts of errands but my hubby hardly did (reversal of scenario lol). If you get my drift you'd see that its wrong for a woman to expect her inlaw to do her laundry.

Edit
Well said SOM, I hastily replied soul_glo before reading your reply. Couldn't have said it better.

If I lived with my sister I will do her laundry. I will do her husband's laundry. If my brother lives with me and I ask him to help me do my laundry he will do it. So I am guessing it all has to do with how people are raised. Doing someones laundry does not add nor subtract anything from me. No one asked him to do it disrespectfully. When he refused to specifically not wash the woman's blouse nobody threw him out. He was rude. Period. Good lord. It is not wrong for a woman to ask her in law who lives with her if he or she could do her laundry. You would think someone asked him to wash their feet. A blouse? This is just a serious case of insecurity. I cannot even mention what my brother in law did for me recently. My older sister's husband. My father will cook till this day. He might not throw down a 5 star menu but if his wife is cooking the soup he has no problem doing the foofoo. My father is a educated, well accomplished, and successful man. He has never depended on anyone to do anything for him. My dad will make that foo foo and even if his in laws are there they will eat. If he son's in law are there they will eat. If his sister in law is there she will eat. People should go somewhere with their empty pride. Empty pride that holds no value.
If the chores were too much for him he could have discussed that with his uncle or even the wife. The same uncle that is still looking out for him now after that incident would not have had an attitude about it. If the issue is too much chores then say that but it is not. The issue is the blouse of "the woman that married his uncle".

It is good that they are all going their separate ways. It has gotten to that point. Familiarity breeds contempt

2 Likes

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by Nobody: 1:16am On Oct 19, 2013
For crying out loud, he said the man is his UNCLE (his mother/father's younger or elder brother). I see no reason why the OP cannot wash for his wife.

Men and their ego sha.

But looking at it from another angle too. I prefer to stay with a friend than stay with a relative. Most relatives take one for granted-though not in this case sha.

1 Like

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by YOMITEWIN(m): 5:07am On Oct 19, 2013
Rukemi291: For crying out loud, he said the man is his UNCLE (his mother/father's younger or elder brother). I see no reason why the OP cannot wash for his wife.

Men and their ego sha.

But looking at it from another angle too. I prefer to stay with a friend than stay with a relative. Most relatives take one for granted-though not in this case sha.
oh I c, after washing her blouse, den I should wash her undies! U beta shut up ur mouth, is not by force to comment o
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 19, 2013
Is not about the blouse most definitely, you want to justify leaving your uncles house. This is a story you planned at least to tell anyone who ask you why you are not living with them again.
It's all good but remember the wife never give you anything to wash, your uncle mistakenly put it there, because if he intentionally did it will be more than one blouse.
Rent an apartment anyhow you want it but leave them from this your tales, according to you the supposed mistaken blouse was their only wrong doing.

1 Like

Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 19, 2013
YOMITEWIN: oh I c, after washing her blouse, den I should wash her undies! U beta shut up ur mouth, is not by force to comment o

Hey Mister, with this comment, infact, you are not just egotistic, you are so rude. If you had come here to say she instructed you to wash her undies, then i will tell you it's wrong. I still insist that there is nothing wrong in you washing your UNCLE's (not your brother) wife's blouse. Or are you people age mates?

Which 'kain' rude people cannot argue without sounding rude? Oga ooo.
Re: I Stay With My Uncle For 4 Years But Am Having Issues by YOMITEWIN(m): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2013
Rukemi291:

Hey Mister, with this comment, infact, you are not just egotistic, you are so rude. If you had come here to say she instructed you to wash her undies, then i will tell you it's wrong. I still insist that there is nothing wrong in you washing your UNCLE's (not your brother) wife's blouse. Or are you people age mates?

Which 'kain' rude people cannot argue without sounding rude? Oga ooo.
Rukemi u mean to tell me that, washing my uncle's wife clothes there is notin wrong in that, Now I c d kind of person u are, I wanna let u knw dis, Did u knw dat my uncle blood sister Dupe, got to knw about dis and she got angry and told me she wil neva step her feet in2 dat house again. So pls ma dnt jump into conclusion, find somtin else to say.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beautiful Family Photos Of Funke Akindele, Her Husband And Step-children / Please, I Need Your Help. / Was I Wrong??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.