Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,962 members, 7,825,015 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: (12588 Views)

Women, Stop Lying To Your Husbands And Playing Victim Afterwards! / Female Bankers How Do You Cope With Your Husbands? / Wives: Would You Submit Your Paychecks To Your Husbands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by LOVE4BUG(f): 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2011
I have a friend who is an international staff in one of the oil firms in Nigeria, his two children was born in the USA. Recently, he was posted back to Nigeria, his wife became pregnant again and they made plans for to travel back to deliver the child over there since they wanted her to be a US citizen. Before traveling, they made arrangement for a house help to assist in taking care of the children.

By September 2011, she gave birth to a baby girl, her husband went to visit her and the child and came back October 2011. When I asked him of when she is likely to return, he told me that she intend to start work over there. I was not happy with this cos her children are still very little to leave in the hands of a maid.

One day he called me to ask what medication can be used to prevent pregnancy, I wanted to know who is asking for such info but he told me it was his friend that jst got married and dose not want a child yet. I told him to advice his friend to use condom instead of risking his wives womb.

Two weeks ago he called to know a drug for getting rid of 6weeks pregnancy, I was surprised at this shocked shocked shocked but he convinced me that he is not involved but just helping out his friend. Well I told him not use drugs that its better for them to go for D&C.

A week later he invited me to his place, on getting there I met him sweating under his AC, his eyes were all red. I was asking him what the issue was, but he could not look into my eyes, after some minutes he raised his head and said "I did something wrong" I was eager to know what the issue was. First, I asked about the children, he said they were all ok, I they asked about the house help, he told me she is having fever.

So what is the problem then? He repeated "I did sometin very wrong" this time I said let me guess! I said "she is pregnant for you? tears ran down his chics "yes" he said. I freezed! I was shocked to my marrows, I could not believe my ears. I was upset, I could not shout at him even though I wanted to cos he is someone I respect so much, I asked if there are no girls in the street of PH but he replied "U know I am not into girls" he explained he was unable to control himself for a long while.

Where is she I asked, he told me she is inside. I went into the room to find the 19years old girl lying on the bed shaking. The issue is that they went for D&C, it was incomplete becos she could not withstand the pains, I took her for scan and they find water in her womb, I had to rush her back to the clinic where they did the D&C, they doctor said she was in pains so he left her. They then re-did the Operation and I took her home, I nursed her for 4days before she could regain herself.

Tell me, what kind of a career will a woman abandon her family for? Her first child is jst 6yrs old, It is very painfull cos this girl is still living with this man and the kids, how sure am I that it won't happen again
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by ronkebp(f): 4:49pm On Dec 02, 2011
So do you think they man wouldn't have slept with the house maid even if his wife was around??
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by Osama10(m): 4:57pm On Dec 02, 2011
This type of things happen all the time.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by LOVE4BUG(f): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2011
ronkebp:

So do you think they man wouldn't have slept with the house maid even if his wife was around??

how will he when there is source?
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by MissIfe(f): 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2011
The man cheats and it's the woman's fault, right,
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by kokoye(m): 5:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
Yea.

The man cheated. right. He deserves the balme.

Wives please, dont leave your men up for temptation.

The fact that he is supposed to be faithful does not mean you should dangle the forbidden fruit all up in his face.

A word for the wise.

Note I am not blaming the wife . . just advicing her.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 02, 2011
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by kokoye(m): 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^

We try.

But please dont constantly and deliberately push us to temptation . . we are not Jesus Christ.

Some women are always doing stuff to test their husbands . . .always.

That is a big lack of trust.

And then they cant handle it when stuff happens.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 02, 2011
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by MissIfe(f): 6:21pm On Dec 02, 2011
What strucks me is that this man, being married and a father of three, should know how to not get a lady pregnant. Plus, to me it doesn't look like the house help was really enjoying it. If he was a real man at least he would have gone for a real woman out there, not for the teenage house help.

Yeah, it's not advisable for a married couple to stay appart for a long time. But how many wives in nigeria raise their families with what their living-abroad-husband send to them? Are they also expected to cheat with a teenager? Would we blame the husband then?

Things might be a little different considering the fact that husband and wife didn't seem to agree on the staying abroad thing in the first place. But for goodness sake, is it a reason to go and have sex with a teenage girl (who might not have been consenting)? This girl is someone's daughter! And you are here blaming the wife? So the man is like a puppy who can't control himself if his master is not there? If he was a widow, would he go and have sex with the house help too? If there is a problem in his marriage, let him solve it or divorce the wife.

I personnally wasn't there when they got married, or when the wife decided to stay abroad, and if there is one thing I know is that we can never tell how a marriage is going from the outside. I have no idea why the lady stayed abroad or why they couldn't agree on this issue. What I know is that not only it is wrong for a man to cheat, but it is even more wrong to do it with a vulnerable teenage girl. And there is no wife to blame for the abject mistake he's done.

2 Likes

Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by kokoye(m): 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
chaircover:

If its a test, then it is a very stuupid one because if he fails (which he has done BTW) she runs the risk of loosing everything.

The man and the housegirl respect madam enough to cover their tracks. Some housegirls will move straight into madams bedroom with their pregnancy and be claiming their right.

Very true.

Talk less of using voodoo against the woman and her kids.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by kokoye(m): 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
I know a lot of married men who have left the U.S for Nigeria to do 'busines' and get 'contracts' . . .leaving their family back here.

We know what they are doing in Nigeria.

Useless men giving us bad names.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by kokoye(m): 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2011
Miss_Ife:

What strucks me is that this man, being married and a father of three, should know how to not get a lady pregnant. Plus, to me it doesn't look like the house help was really enjoying it. If he was a real man at least he would have gone for a real woman out there, not for the teenage house help.

Sorry but you are wrong.

You sound like you subscribe to cheating . . .

A real man will do everthing to avoid cheating on his wife.

Even if he has to go bring her back from 'abroad'
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by MissIfe(f): 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2011
kokoye:

Sorry but you are wrong.

You sound like you subscribe to cheating . . .

A real man will do everthing to avoid cheating on his wife.

Even if he has to go bring her back from 'abroad'

yes, that's what I believe in too, but people seem to say that a man cannot stay without sex and that it is very normal for him to cheat since the wife is abroad. I do not subscribe to this belief, but even if it was true, at the very least he should have gone around things differentely i.e. not with a teenager.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by kokoye(m): 6:36pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^

As a man, I will authoritatively tell you that a married man who is on heat and wants to cheat will go for what is available. At that point, he's not thinking with his brain but with his d[i]ic[/i]k.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2011
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by MissIfe(f): 6:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
CC, i get all you are saying but I am quite surprised at the way you wrap it up. So we live in a damaged world, so everything is fine, rapist, cheaters, thieves?

I believe you have a daughter, I have one too, and I pray that none of them will ever cross the path of an irresponsible man like the one described in this post. I just can't remain calm and blame the lady when I read what he's done.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by kokoye(m): 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
chaircover:

I know that many couples live apart for various reasons but lets face it for those peeps that it works out for it is the Grace of God & not by power or might.

^^^

Keyphrase is 'the grace of God'

The Lord's prayer : 'lead us not into temptation'

Not very many people can resist temptation . .no matter how hard they try.

A lot of men or women cheated not because they wanted to, but because they thought they could resist it.

Make every attempt to flee adultery . . cos you st might not be able to resist it.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
When will women learn?
Men are poly- by nature and will c- once they get the chance!
Those who know my views on these issues can fill in the gaps
!
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
//
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by MissIfe(f): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2011
Tks CC, I get you, I just reacted immediately when reading that the young girl had to get an abortion.

I often complain about my husband but when I read stories here, or when I look around me I thank God for the man He has blessed me with.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 02, 2011
//
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by kokoye(m): 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
Miss_Ife:

I often complain about my husband but when I read stories here, or when I look around me I thank God for the man He has blessed me with.

Something good out of nairaland at least wink
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by ronkebp(f): 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2011
^^^^^^^^^that girl was not violated. She willingly agreed, we have cases where the house-helps would run away just because their oga is trying to molest them. She waited until she carried the belle and six weeks later went for an abortion, na God save her life.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 02, 2011
chaircover:

I was waiting for someone to spot that. Poor girl was probably rapped by the man and on top of that forced to have a botched up abortion.

I think that madam should forget about making $$ and should come home and see to her randy husband before he ruins the life of another innocent girl.

@BOLDED:
Madam,
I do not believe there was anywhere the OP mentioned this.Why are you assuming the maid is innocent.
I see your feminism creeping in here.
When the evil wolf of a husband was ravishing this poor innocent and Godly house girl who did she complain to?
Just calling it as I see it.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2011
//
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2011
chaircover:

The only people who know for certain if a rapee took place or not are the maid and the husband and that is why I  used the word "probably" although if you read the opening post again you will see where the man confessed to not being able to control himself

In terms of logic, it is more probable that the husband approached the maid first rather than the other way round.

gong by probability, it is more likely that the husband would have immediatly thrown the maid out if the maid had tried to seduce him and he wasnt interested.

The girl sounds pretty naive to me, a seasoned ashi housegirl will protect herself and wont get pregnant for a reluctant master but milk him financially for all its worth.

CC,we need to stick to the facts of the case.
I believe your imagination is running riot here.
while I have always belonged to the school of thought that men will cheat given half a chance and if they are sure they will not be found out,this house maid is NOT innocent.
When this man was "rapping" her,did she inform any one? Did she attempt to leave the house by running away? What was her reaction after the so called "raape?"
Let me tell you most house maids are looking for an opportunity to supplant their madams.
She "probably" seduced the poor innocent,Godly man.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
Richy the man has more fault; why because one he has violated his vows (he is the married one remember) and two he is the one in the position of responsibilty

. . . . . . and I will be saying the same thing if a married woman sleeps with her single driver or houseboy.
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by ronkebp(f): 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
I laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!''poor innocent godly man'' indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by ronkebp(f): 9:33pm On Dec 02, 2011
chaircover:

Richy the man has more fault; why because one he has violated his vows (he is the married one remember) and two he is the one in the position of responsibilty

. . . . . . a[b]nd I will be saying the same thing if a married woman sleeps with her single driver or houseboy.[/b]

CC, let it be the bolded one now!!! and you would see all the men on NL drop their 2cents in the matter. grin grin
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2011
//
Re: Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: by no1madman(m): 9:37pm On Dec 02, 2011
Women!pls don't stay with ur Husbands o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

21 Years Old Boy Marries 52 Years Old Woman / Which Of These Did You Do As A Child? / Married And Engaged Couples: How Did He Propose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.