Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record (14646 Views)

Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Football: Nigeria Europe-based Internationals Regain Goal Scoring Form. / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by alaladakosta(f): 1:27am On Oct 19, 2013
Dreaming of playing at the world cup since 1994? at the age of seven, sounds so cool though. Anyone pondering what im pondering?

1 Like

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by PrinceOzils(m): 1:28am On Oct 19, 2013
Yes that is true
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by PrinceOzils(m): 1:31am On Oct 19, 2013
Prince Ozils: Yes that is true

year
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by COOLDUN: 1:39am On Oct 19, 2013
richy1473: First Nigerian to scored for Nigeria in Nigeria's first match at Nigeria's world-cup debut:R A S H I D I. Y E K I Ni...!!!
E M E N I K E,I wish you success in your carrier but that record(up)can never be broken again never again..

Not only Nigeria but the whole West Africa because Nigeria is the first West African country to go to the World Cup in 1994. Rashidi Yekini’s record is not easy to be broken my dear. Let the new players try to create another records that is what we want for now. Creating more records would come with hard work, commitment, and dedication I wish him luck in his career and aspirations.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Emmysteve(m): 1:52am On Oct 19, 2013
May God bless your hustle Emenike. Its possible but it not going to be easy. playing at the world cup will help greatly
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by 0monnakoda: 1:53am On Oct 19, 2013
Are you Joking.? You must be Young. Don't let Cameroun hear you
COOLDUN:

Not only Nigeria but the whole West Africa because Nigeria is the first West African country to go to the World Cup in 1994. Rashidi Yekini’s record is not easy to be broken my dear. Let the new players try to create another records that is what we want for now. Creating more records would come with hard work, commitment, and dedication I wish him luck in his career and aspirations.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by OGAattheTOP: 2:03am On Oct 19, 2013
0monnakoda: Are you Joking.? You must be Young. Don't let Cameroun hear you

Is Cameroon West Africa? shocked tongue cry

2 Likes

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Qelvin(m): 2:04am On Oct 19, 2013
don't mind the clown,to the best of my knowledge old Zaire was the first African team to go to the world cup way back in '74 before the likes of Cameroon,Algeria,and Nigeria that followed suit
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Achmet(m): 2:55am On Oct 19, 2013
Ever thought about making your own
clothes? Time to polish up your sewing
skills! Create and combine lots of clothing
designs, stitches etc. It is always fun to
learn a new skills or craft. It can be both a
household skill and a fun craft at the same
time.
Download Stitch It app at
http://nexva.mobi/app/show/id/31274
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by emiye(m): 3:07am On Oct 19, 2013
The Super Eagles once had a player by the name Victor Agali that created so much buzz like Emenike is creating at the moment, and he was touted to be the next "Rashidi Yekini", but he lost the consistency of form in his game.

Emenike must stay consistent.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by kingajibola(m): 3:23am On Oct 19, 2013
The guy(Emenike) is trying, but i think no player in d present super eagles squad can break Rashidi Yekini's goals record, probably d person is not yet born.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by sweetiePe(f): 3:23am On Oct 19, 2013
Emmanuel Emenike now realizing huge potential in the colours of Nigeria

With 10 goals in 17 Nigeria matches, Fenerbahce striker Emmanuel Emenike has shown with that he is ready to take on the goal scoring responsibilities for the national team.

He is steadily proving to all and sundry that he is very capable of leading the line for the national team and people are starting to dream again after the Super Eagles team of 1994 that was headlined by the goal scoring phenomenon, Rashidi Yekini.

The last striker to have made such an impact on the national team was the late Yekini, who scored 37 in 58 matches – an average of 0.64 goals per game. This compares favourably with Emenike’s, which stands at 0.58; though it must be said that at the early part of his Eagles career, Yekini’s average was closer to 0.4, a number which Emenike's stats currently dwarfs.

A team realizes that they have a potent striker when they find that player who contrives to almost always score the most important goals for the team – either the opening goal against a particularly stubborn team, or drags his team back into contention with an equalizing goal. It is much better when he scores the winner in a tight contest.

More Updates: www.rosyside.com/discussion.htm

1 Like

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Nobody: 4:08am On Oct 19, 2013
Emenike the beast! cool Carry go Chairman.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by pauldochu(m): 4:08am On Oct 19, 2013
Pls spare us this long history of I KNOW YOU AND YOUR FAMILY HISTORY. He is now a "National property" and not a "Regional or a tribal property" Just advise him as a fellow Nigerian.
Emineke has an ambition and we hope God will see him through. You can not operate any business without setting some goals for yourself. EMINEKE's business is football and he has set some goals for himself. He is determined, just pray for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by vokalguy(m): 4:34am On Oct 19, 2013
The best Nigerian Striker at the moment. I pray he does not get injured and is fit to play for the Eagles in Brazil.... God Bless You bro!
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by CHIMSKY(m): 5:05am On Oct 19, 2013
dridowu:

Punch
He has a long way to go.Yekini was no mean man.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by COOLDUN: 6:09am On Oct 19, 2013

I know that you will fall to the ignorance, Cameroun is not a member of ECOWAS, Cameroun belong to the Central Africa, with countries like Gabon, Congo Democratic, Congo Republic, Central African Republic, Equatorial Guinea, that is why they do not participate in ECOWAS football competitions.

Read your map very well ok, let me tell you a little of the West African Countries: Nigeria, Benin Rep, Togo, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Senegal, Mauritania, Guinea Conakry, Guinea Bissau, Senegal, Niger, Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Cape Verde.

I know that Cameroun went to the first World Cup in Espana 1982 ok, they drew all their matches in their group with the Italy the winner of the world up then ok. Their group was Cameroun, Italy, Peru, and Poland.

You should learn well before you can argue with me ok. It is a pity that you count Cameroun as West African Country. Visit your geography tutor to learn more about countries ok.

Nigeria is the first West African country to go to World Cup in 1994, Rashidi Yekini scored the first goal against Bulgaria that made him the first West African player to score in the World Cup and not African player to score in the world cup. Because the record is with this Egyptian player Abdulrahman Fawzi who scored twice in 1934 against Hungary in Italy.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 19, 2013
I pray he comes over to EPL. let me also watch him plays for club sides
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by COOLDUN: 6:20am On Oct 19, 2013
Qelvin:
don't mind the clown,to the best of my knowledge old Zaire was the first African team to go to the world cup way back in '74 before the likes of Cameroon,Algeria,and Nigeria that followed suit

You are a slowpoke the first African country to go the World Cup is Egypt, we are talking of West African country illiterates like you jumped out of your weed yunks to be exposing your dull brains online. Check your history book.1934 & I970 Egypt went to the World Cup and scored which makes them the first African country to score goal in world cup. Cameroun is in the Central Africa and not West Africa ok. Oya drop the feeding bottle and wear your pampas ok. Please drug kills. Stay clear from drugs ok.

1 Like

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by LovesonBlezz(m): 6:55am On Oct 19, 2013
My brother you surpass oo or not, I go still call you S-U-P-E-R D-U-P-E-R EMENIKE! cos u score when it matters..

1 Like

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by COOLDUN: 6:55am On Oct 19, 2013
OGAattheTOP:

Is Cameroon West Africa? shocked tongue cry

Ask the confussed fellow again, many people just jump into arguments without preparing their facts well.I was talking of West Africa while they are ignorantly talking of central African countries.

Another donkey mentioned Zaire as the first African Country to go to the world in 1974 While Egypt holds the record of being the first African country to go the World Cup and to Score a goal in the world cup in Italy 1934 they lost 2-4 to the Hungary. Imagine confused kids correcting me on nairaland forum on football.

While Tunisia became the first African country to win a match in 1n Argentina 1978 World Cup.The Thomas of nairaland should know that not everybody is like them.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 19, 2013
37 goals as our record highest scoring pllayer forr Super Eagles is not a good record. Eto'o has haalf of that at Nations Cup alone and 50+ goalls for the national team, Drogba has 60+ gOals fOr CIV. Even Asamoah Gyan has More than 37 gOals forr Ghana.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Afritop(m): 7:21am On Oct 19, 2013
If not for the injury he had before the confederation, he could have been nearer yekini's goal mark because he would have scored so much against Tahiti

1 Like

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by victorazy(m): 7:49am On Oct 19, 2013
dridowu: Record are meant to be broken. Emenike all da best. Future African and World Best Player. Love his style of play
As Igbo guy he is, he determined to do it.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by kid7soccer(m): 7:58am On Oct 19, 2013
I like this, more goals will come ur side, amen
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by kid7soccer(m): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2013
E dey like say u bin read my mind, tahiti for carry container of goals go house
Afritop: If not for the injury he had before the confederation, he could have been nearer yekini's goal mark because he would have scored so much against Tahiti
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by chucky234(m): 8:02am On Oct 19, 2013
COOLDUN: Emmanuel Chukwunenye Emenike, as a junior brother i would advise you to focus on your games and leave the comperism and record breaking for now. Nigerians and their press can destroy players at any given moment, there was a time Etim John Esin was in every lips until he was framed up in Belgium and was deserted by the Nigerians and pressmen who were hailing him as Nigeria's Maradona, Daniel Amokachi Da bull came on board they started showering him with praises even went along and published that he had a private jet, but when injury came knocking he was dumped until luck came to his favors to serve under the National teams coaches.

Please stop comparing yourself with any player both living or dead for now and focus on your games ahead, when you perform well all those things would come by themselves, the day Victor Ikpeba was given the African Best player he was busy in Monaco, i listened to the interview on BBC radio focus on Africa sports section then, the lady interviewer confessed that he was the most eloquent African player she had ever interviewed after the interview.

I know you very well, but you don't know me, i know your brothers and sisters very well as one of them that is married at Ugbele Umuaka's husband is my childhood friend, Though many think that you are from Aguleri in Anambra , because you and your brothers were there for a very long time, You are an Igbo man from Ndeziama Amakor Autonomus community in Njaba LGA. Imo state. You are my junior brother , Arinze your brother is the one that know me. I am not saying these things to impress you but to make you know that i know many things about you. Your success in the round leather game is bringing up the names of your town Amakor, Neibouring town Amazano, Obeakpu and your maternal home Uba Umuaka, the Isiozi , Ugbele, Amiyi, Achara, Obinwanne, Umuele , and entire Njaba LGA, Orlu Imo and Ndigbo are proud of you.

Beware from comparism and records breaking for now my brother, it brings envy and distractions my dear brother. If you are reading this my write up or anyone that knows you directly should pass these words of warning to you. I am not commanding you but only advising you my brother.

God almighy will increase your efforts and reward you with more victories, glories and laurels, IJN, Amen.
Wetin com make you think say Emenike go read this history wey you post for here, guy fax this your post go give Fenerbache if you want make Emenike read am.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by MATUREZEE: 8:08am On Oct 19, 2013
Emenike my name sake, and admired player like Mikel. Pls let off the press and their comparism for now, just get focused on your career and with determination, God on your side You will attain to any height and even surpass.
In life race, overtaking is always allowed, but pls, remove that from your mind first and continue playing with love, I wish u the best height any good player can attain in life, many more caps, goals, Medals, Laurels, Trophies, injury free and call-ups.
In Jesus name- Amen.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by RealSleek(m): 8:11am On Oct 19, 2013
COOLDUN: Emmanuel Chukwunenye Emenike, as a junior brother i would advise you to focus on your games and leave the comperism and record breaking for now. Nigerians and their press can destroy players at any given moment, there was a time Etim John Esin was in every lips until he was framed up in Belgium and was deserted by the Nigerians and pressmen who were hailing him as Nigeria's Maradona, Daniel Amokachi Da bull came on board they started showering him with praises even went along and published that he had a private jet, but when injury came knocking he was dumped until luck came to his favors to serve under the National teams coaches.

Please stop comparing yourself with any player both living or dead for now and focus on your games ahead, when you perform well all those things would come by themselves, the day Victor Ikpeba was given the African Best player he was busy in Monaco, i listened to the interview on BBC radio focus on Africa sports section then, the lady interviewer confessed that he was the most eloquent African player she had ever interviewed after the interview.

I know you very well, but you don't know me, i know your brothers and sisters very well as one of them that is married at Ugbele Umuaka's husband is my childhood friend, Though many think that you are from Aguleri in Anambra , because you and your brothers were there for a very long time, You are an Igbo man from Ndeziama Amakor Autonomus community in Njaba LGA. Imo state. You are my junior brother , Arinze your brother is the one that know me. I am not saying these things to impress you but to make you know that i know many things about you. Your success in the round leather game is bringing up the names of your town Amakor, Neibouring town Amazano, Obeakpu and your maternal home Uba Umuaka, the Isiozi , Ugbele, Amiyi, Achara, Obinwanne, Umuele , and entire Njaba LGA, Orlu Imo and Ndigbo are proud of you.

See famzing at its very best ...bravo
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Ninilowo(m): 8:21am On Oct 19, 2013

Beware from comparism and records breaking for now my brother, it brings envy and distractions my dear brother. If you are reading this my write up or anyone that knows you directly should pass these words of warning to you. I am not commanding you but only advising you my brother.

God almighy will increase your efforts and reward you with more victories, glories and laurels, IJN, Amen.
OLADEJO OKEDIJI
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Gwekzy: 8:32am On Oct 19, 2013
Who says dreams don't come true My brodas u hold d key 2 ur dreams...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Friendly: England Reject Eagles / Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars / MFM (nigeria) Wins Inaugural Church World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.