Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record (14647 Views)

Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Football: Nigeria Europe-based Internationals Regain Goal Scoring Form. / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by alotofgrace(m): 8:46am On Oct 19, 2013
signed and approved
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by sunnyt1(m): 8:46am On Oct 19, 2013
JMOI: Move over to Chelsea. Maybe you'll become the new Drogba.

As soon as he moves to chelsea, he career dwindles
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by chucky234(m): 8:47am On Oct 19, 2013
Jarus: 37 goals as our record highest scoring pllayer forr Super Eagles is not a good record. Eto'o has haalf of that at Nations Cup alone and 50+ goalls for the national team, Drogba has 60+ gOals fOr CIV. Even Asamoah Gyan has More than 37 gOals forr Ghana.
All the players you mentioned played more games in a more complete team than Yekini,the best Nigerian team Yekini played in was the '94 squard that had the likes of Amokachi,Nwanu,Amunike,Iroha,Uche,Eguavoine,Siasia,Keshi,Oliseh,JayJay,Adepoju,Rufai,Aloy,Agboola,Okafor and co that won the nations cup in Tunisia and qualified Nigeria to her first ever world cup in the US in '94.
Africa had just one slot at the world cup and there was no need playing qualifying matches as the nations cup winner automatically get the only slot to represent Africa at the world, today players have many games to play in both the nations and world cup qualiers which help strikers to increase their goal tally.
Drogba to me isnt particularly a better striker than Yekini, Didier was lucky to be at the right club (Chelsea) at the right time and helped him won many trophies, his record before coming to Chelsea was poorer than Aiyegbeni's record at both Maccabi Haifa and Porthsmouth.
His 165 goals in 7 years at Chelsea was not befitting of a player with so much hype when compare to strikers like Kluivert,Suarez,David Villa,Raul,Morientes,Shearer,Andy Cole,Diego Forlan,Cavani,Radamel Falcao,Samuel Eto'o,Mario Gomez,Wayne Rooney,Thiery Henry,Ian Wright,Anelka,Fowler,Tony Yeboah,Zola let alone DeLima,Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by ayusco: 8:49am On Oct 19, 2013
@jarus decent point u raised but u forget in Yekini's era Nigeria didn't play loads of friendlies which would have boosted his average. Unlike drogba, gyan etc other than etoo and egypt's hossam hassan goal scoring feat I think yekini ranks up there. As for emenike let's wait n see cos agali, aghahowa, ike uche, martins all started with a bang but fizzled out hopefully emenikes case will be different
Jarus: 37 goals as our record highest scoring pllayer forr Super Eagles is not a good record. Eto'o has haalf of that at Nations Cup alone and 50+ goalls for the national team, Drogba has 60+ gOals fOr CIV. Even Asamoah Gyan has More than 37 gOals forr Ghana.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by akpananiefiok(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2013
http://HiredPay.com/?id=anifik
wow!!.learn how to make money online by just clicking the link
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 19, 2013
Emenike reminds me much of Amokachi.

Handful for opposition defs.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by 9jahubcom(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2013
prem love: There is something wrong some where.i know some people will abuse me but its just a simple fact, when ikechukwu was scoring goals for nigeria his club form was very poor and now look at emenike he has started scoring for nigeria and look at his form in his club just my point
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by 0monnakoda: 10:26am On Oct 19, 2013

Take it easy !!! Not a good record It may not be the BEST but it is very good. Check this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_international_association_football_goal_scorers_by_country

More important is the statistic of goal per game 0.64 . That ratio was very much higher in1994 but he then got several caps at the tail end of his career when returns were clearly diminishing.

Yekini Played in an era when players when our football was not yet professional initially and he came to full time football quite late.
Almost ALL if not all his games were competitive with no few friendlies.
Still let us wish Emenike well it is his time now.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Emisco1(m): 10:34am On Oct 19, 2013
Watin me wun talk b say. Wen we re aproachin nxt yr january/mid feb. Mikel,mose.emenike.shuld pack dre shoe nd play less futbal wit hustle at dre various club,cos i dnt wana hear injury o. Emenike wuld ve score mre goal asumin he was at brazil 4 fif conf.cup.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by AbdH: 10:38am On Oct 19, 2013
COOLDUN: Emmanuel Chukwunenye Emenike, as a junior brother i would advise you to focus on your games and leave the comperism and record breaking for now. Nigerians and their press can destroy players at any given moment, there was a time Etim John Esin was in every lips until he was framed up in Belgium and was deserted by the Nigerians and pressmen who were hailing him as Nigeria's Maradona, Daniel Amokachi Da bull came on board they started showering him with praises even went along and published that he had a private jet, but when injury came knocking he was dumped until luck came to his favors to serve under the National teams coaches.

Please stop comparing yourself with any player both living or dead for now and focus on your games ahead, when you perform well all those things would come by themselves, the day Victor Ikpeba was given the African Best player he was busy in Monaco, i listened to the interview on BBC radio focus on Africa sports section then, the lady interviewer confessed that he was the most eloquent African player she had ever interviewed after the interview.

I know you very well, but you don't know me, i know your brothers and sisters very well as one of them that is married at Ugbele Umuaka's husband is my childhood friend, Though many think that you are from Aguleri in Anambra , because you and your brothers were there for a very long time, You are an Igbo man from Ndeziama Amakor Autonomus community in Njaba LGA. Imo state. You are my junior brother , Arinze your brother is the one that know me. I am not saying these things to impress you but to make you know that i know many things about you. Your success in the round leather game is bringing up the names of your town Amakor, Neibouring town Amazano, Obeakpu and your maternal home Uba Umuaka, the Isiozi , Ugbele, Amiyi, Achara, Obinwanne, Umuele , and entire Njaba LGA, Orlu Imo and Ndigbo are proud of you.

Beware from comparism and records breaking for now my brother, it brings envy and distractions my dear brother. If you are reading this my write up or anyone that knows you directly should pass these words of warning to you. I am not commanding you but only advising you my brother.

God almighy will increase your efforts and reward you with more victories, glories and laurels, IJN, Amen.
I hope Emenike reads this.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 19, 2013
Since, you claim to know about Emenike entire family ....why not call his Dad?

Come here dey form familiarity ....see as u just list the whole town for nairaland abi na local government election we dey yarn for here ni. Guy park well joor....

1 Like

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Afam4eva(m): 11:16am On Oct 19, 2013
37 goals is actually an abysmal record according to world standard and even an average striker can break that record in a few years. The reason why our strikers don't score much goals is due to the limited number of matches at their disposal.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 19, 2013
Afam4eva: 37 goals is actually an abysmal record according to world standard and even an average striker can break that record in a few years. The reason why our strikers don't score much goals is due to the limited number of matches at their disposal.

Afam could you move my topic on the Aviation Ministry Cars back to Politics as someone has maliciously moved it to car talk.
https://www.nairaland.com/1484333/used-bmw-760li-high-security
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:43am On Oct 19, 2013
miteolu: His (Emeneke) life playing span on pitch will determine. As on today's ratio, Yekinni's record is on top 63% while Emeneke 58%.

Hmmm na wa O! where did you do your research ? false stats.

laplace19: Emenike,I believe you.....cos you still have 41 matches to play and 27 goals to score in order to beat Yekini's record...

RIDE ON,boy! grin

He doesn't have to play 41matches to BREAK yekini's goal record . Emenike has a scoring ratio of about 2goals per match and if he maintains his form then he would probably get 27goals in 15 games.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 19, 2013
COOLDUN: Emmanuel Chukwunenye Emenike, as a junior brother i would advise you to focus on your games and leave the comperism and record breaking for now. Nigerians and their press can destroy players at any given moment, there was a time Etim John Esin was in every lips until he was framed up in Belgium and was deserted by the Nigerians and pressmen who were hailing him as Nigeria's Maradona, Daniel Amokachi Da bull came on board they started showering him with praises even went along and published that he had a private jet, but when injury came knocking he was dumped until luck came to his favors to serve under the National teams coaches.

Please stop comparing yourself with any player both living or dead for now and focus on your games ahead, when you perform well all those things would come by themselves, the day Victor Ikpeba was given the African Best player he was busy in Monaco, i listened to the interview on BBC radio focus on Africa sports section then, the lady interviewer confessed that he was the most eloquent African player she had ever interviewed after the interview.

I know you very well, but you don't know me, i know your brothers and sisters very well as one of them that is married at Ugbele Umuaka's husband is my childhood friend, Though many think that you are from Aguleri in Anambra , because you and your brothers were there for a very long time, You are an Igbo man from Ndeziama Amakor Autonomus community in Njaba LGA. Imo state. You are my junior brother , Arinze your brother is the one that know me. I am not saying these things to impress you but to make you know that i know many things about you. Your success in the round leather game is bringing up the names of your town Amakor, Neibouring town Amazano, Obeakpu and your maternal home Uba Umuaka, the Isiozi , Ugbele, Amiyi, Achara, Obinwanne, Umuele , and entire Njaba LGA, Orlu Imo and Ndigbo are proud of you.

Beware from comparism and records breaking for now my brother, it brings envy and distractions my dear brother. If you are reading this my write up or anyone that knows you directly should pass these words of warning to you. I am not commanding you but only advising you my brother.

God almighy will increase your efforts and reward you with more victories, glories and laurels, IJN, Amen.
Wise counsel from a nice mouth...Emenike pls pay attention o. Nobody heard Messi speaking publicly about breaking Gerd Muller's record until he was very close to breaking it. It would do you great in life if you can keep your trumpet of imagination to yourself until later times when you are very close to the record. All the same, kudos to you from delivering us many times from the evil shame of humiliations from all this small small countries. Keep it up!!!

1 Like

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by 0monnakoda: 11:58am On Oct 19, 2013
Afam4eva: 37 goals is actually an abysmal record according to world standard and even an average striker can break that record in a few years. The reason why our strikers don't score much goals is due to the limited number of matches at their disposal.
Honestly you are spouting hot air and do not know what you are talking about. You clearly know little about football

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_international_association_football_goal_scorers_by_country

The most important question is how many games did he play and what is the ratio of goals scored to games played. For Yekini this is 0.64 and one of the highest ever certainly in the TOP 20. It is not the best but to be top 20 in what you do is far from "Abysmal". I can only conclude you learnt the word abysmal recently and want to practice it
I suggest you read up on Luigi Riva

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_Riva

He scored only 35 goals , 2 fewer than Yekini but with an even Higher ratio 0.83 which is where yekini might be if he di not play on After95/96.

No one in their right mind would describe Riva's record as Abysmal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpaqwYGuzAU
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 19, 2013

Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by homesteady(m): 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2013

JESU! shocked shocked
Which kin history be this one grin grin
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by COOLDUN: 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
Alexpissu: Since, you claim to know about Emenike entire family ....why not call his Dad?

Come here dey form familiarity ....see as u just list the whole town for nairaland abi na local government election we dey yarn for here ni. Guy park well joor....

You are what you are and you have shown exactly what you are, so there is no need telling you what you are. The message has been passed whether directly or inderectly ok. When men are talking kids listen and learn.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by orobopasiosio(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2013
COOLDUN: Emmanuel
Chukwunenye Emenike, as a junior brother i would advise you to focus on
your games and leave the comperism and record breaking for now.
Nigerians and their press can destroy players at any given moment, there
was a time Etim John Esin was in every lips until he was framed up in
Belgium and was deserted by the Nigerians and pressmen who were hailing
him as Nigeria's Maradona, Daniel Amokachi Da bull came on board they
started showering him with praises even went along and published that he
had a private jet, but when injury came knocking he was dumped until
luck came to his favors to serve under the National teams coaches.

Please stop comparing yourself with any player both living or dead for
now and focus on your games ahead, when you perform well all those
things would come by themselves, the day Victor Ikpeba was given the
African Best player he was busy in Monaco, i listened to the interview
on BBC radio focus on Africa sports section then, the lady interviewer
confessed that he was the most eloquent African player she had ever
interviewed after the interview.

I know you very well, but you don't know me, i know your brothers and
sisters very well as one of them that is married at Ugbele Umuaka's
husband is my childhood friend, Though many think that you are from
Aguleri in Anambra , because you and your brothers were there for a very
long time, You are an Igbo man from Ndeziama Amakor Autonomus community
in Njaba LGA. Imo state. You are my junior brother , Arinze your
brother is the one that know me. I am not saying these things to impress
you but to make you know that i know many things about you. Your
success in the round leather game is bringing up the names of your town
Amakor, Neibouring town Amazano, Obeakpu and your maternal home Uba
Umuaka, the Isiozi , Ugbele, Amiyi, Achara, Obinwanne, Umuele , and
entire Njaba LGA, Orlu Imo and Ndigbo are proud of you.

Beware from comparism and records breaking for now my brother, it brings
envy and distractions my dear brother. If you are reading this my write
up or anyone that knows you directly should pass these words of warning
to you. I am not commanding you but only advising you my brother.

God almighy will increase your efforts and reward you with more
victories, glories and laurels, IJN, Amen.

Yamirin! must you expose his CV on a social media? sorry emenike does not know you "lobatan".
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by orobopasiosio(m): 5:01pm On Oct 19, 2013
COOLDUN: Emmanuel
Chukwunenye Emenike, as a junior brother i would advise you to focus on
your games and leave the comperism and record breaking for now.
Nigerians and their press can destroy players at any given moment, there
was a time Etim John Esin was in every lips until he was framed up in
Belgium and was deserted by the Nigerians and pressmen who were hailing
him as Nigeria's Maradona, Daniel Amokachi Da bull came on board they
started showering him with praises even went along and published that he
had a private jet, but when injury came knocking he was dumped until
luck came to his favors to serve under the National teams coaches.

Please stop comparing yourself with any player both living or dead for
now and focus on your games ahead, when you perform well all those
things would come by themselves, the day Victor Ikpeba was given the
African Best player he was busy in Monaco, i listened to the interview
on BBC radio focus on Africa sports section then, the lady interviewer
confessed that he was the most eloquent African player she had ever
interviewed after the interview.

I know you very well, but you don't know me, i know your brothers and
sisters very well as one of them that is married at Ugbele Umuaka's
husband is my childhood friend, Though many think that you are from
Aguleri in Anambra , because you and your brothers were there for a very
long time, You are an Igbo man from Ndeziama Amakor Autonomus community
in Njaba LGA. Imo state. You are my junior brother , Arinze your
brother is the one that know me. I am not saying these things to impress
you but to make you know that i know many things about you. Your
success in the round leather game is bringing up the names of your town
Amakor, Neibouring town Amazano, Obeakpu and your maternal home Uba
Umuaka, the Isiozi , Ugbele, Amiyi, Achara, Obinwanne, Umuele , and
entire Njaba LGA, Orlu Imo and Ndigbo are proud of you.

Beware from comparism and records breaking for now my brother, it brings
envy and distractions my dear brother. If you are reading this my write
up or anyone that knows you directly should pass these words of warning
to you. I am not commanding you but only advising you my brother.

God almighy will increase your efforts and reward you with more
victories, glories and laurels, IJN, Amen.

Yamirin! must you expose his CV on a social media? sorry emenike does not know you "lobatan".
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by 0monnakoda: 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2013

You no get sense. The bad tin be say you tink say u get
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by Layiwoo(m): 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
kindly follow me,i wanna ask u some tins...#teamACA
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by COOLDUN: 11:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
0monnakoda:
You no get sense. The bad tin be say you tink say u get

Ignorance is a disease , through you i have come to confirm this wise word. You will be the first to condemn him when he loses focus tomorrow. A word is enough for a wise but fools like you can never be intelligent even if your empty skulls are filled with words of advise. An achiever doesn't make noise.

The greatest achievers in this world toady are men/women of few words not noise makers. SE , won the AFCON this year because they were quiet and focused , not even you nor NFF officials believed then that they could win the cup, people like you were calling them Super/Fried Chicken then, while the NFF booked the return tickets in advance before their quarter final match with Cote d'Ivoire , they surprised you and i, now they are heroes. Messi is one of the best thing that happen to Football still he never mention anybody's name or records.

Your ignorance is hereditary that is why you never see any reason in my comment, check your comment and tell me how many Likes it got simpleton. My comment is meant for the wise and prudent people and not drug addicts/lunatics like you.

Wise people learn from history, while fools perish with history. By the time Emenike focus on record creation and breaking he will loose focus and become a history like others. Then you will come on nairaland and shower him your venomous insults as it was passed to you by your ill mannered parents. I will continue to reply fools like you because you need to learn, but refused to learn.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by COOLDUN: 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
orobopasiosio:

Yes i did for him to know that i know him from Adam, and not hypocritical praise singers like you who only like people for what they are and not who they are.

Your Terrorist parents didn't teach you how to address people because they themselves are sub humans, its true that no one gives what he/she doesn't have .

You and you entire generation are nothing but Momoolas, Swines. My message has been posted, read, understood, and commended by the educated and civilized people and not Shopping Mall killers like you and your family and kinsmen.
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by 0monnakoda: 11:34pm On Oct 19, 2013
COOLDUN:

Ignorance is a disease , through you i have come to confirm this wise word. You will be the first to condemn him when he loses focus tomorrow. A word is enough for a wise but fools like you can never be intelligent even if your empty skulls are filled with words of advise. An achiever doesn't make noise.

The greatest achievers in this world toady are men/women of few words not noise makers. SE , won the AFCON this year because they were quiet and focused , not even you nor NFF officials believed then that they could win the cup, people like you were calling them Super/Fried Chicken then, while the NFF booked the return tickets in advance before their quarter final match with Cote d'Ivoire , they surprised you and i, now they are heroes. Messi is one of the best thing that happen to Football still he never mention anybody's name or records.

Your ignorance is hereditary that is why you never see any reason in my comment, check your comment and tell me how many Likes it got simpleton. My comment is meant for the wise and prudent people and not drug addicts/lunatics like you.

Wise people learn from history, while fools perish with history. By the time Emenike focus on record creation and breaking he will loose focus and become a history like others. Then you will come on nairaland and shower him your venomous insults as it was passed to you by your ill mannered parents. I will continue to reply fools like you because you need to learn, but refused to learn.
You no get sense!
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by nijanigga: 11:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
So many kids in this forum, that's why it get boring sometimes. For the matured folks, anybody still remember Monday Odiaka of ACB of Lagos, after coming back from the FIFA 1985, U-21 tournament in Soviet Union claimed that he was the best Nigerian striker. The guy just faded out forever. Don't waste your time making comparison, let your goals do the talking for you, if you want comparison, keep it within you, until sunset, in soccer anything can change. Anybody still remember Philip Osondu?
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by nijanigga: 1:05am On Oct 20, 2013
Do you still remember Victor Igbinoba ? see him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dU12WVUNUU
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by nijanigga: 1:11am On Oct 20, 2013
do you still remember Miracle of Damman ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LIGg1PkkU
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by nijanigga: 1:23am On Oct 20, 2013
1994 African cup of nations final.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLoVXX15034
Re: Emenike Wants To Surpass Yekini's Goal-scoring Record by calcal: 9:46am On Oct 20, 2013
I taught Kanu broke the the record, he should think of breaking Kanu record,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars / MFM (nigeria) Wins Inaugural Church World Cup / Amad Diallo To Join Manchester United In January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.