Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Christianity And Drinking Of Wine - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And Drinking Of Wine (5482 Views)

Ogun Pastor Turns Bottled-Water To Wine Inside Church (Video) / Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by PastorKun(m): 8:04am On Oct 21, 2013
Psalms 104:14
14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, And herb for the service of man; That he may bring forth food out of the earth,
15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, And oil to make his face to shine, And bread that strengtheneth man's heart.

In the above scripture the psalmist is thanking God for his provision, he especially qualifies wine here in thanking God. Some other bible versions state 'wine for enjoyment' 'wine for merriment' wine is clearly seen here as a gift from God, so why all this hypocrisy
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 8:42am On Oct 21, 2013
ayoku777: This is why i don't reply most posts. This is what scripture calls 'gainsaying'. When it suits you, you say a passage or word in scripture is literal, when it doesn't suit you, you call it a 'hyperbole' or 'figurative' expression

"Gainsaying" means;

gainsaying
Verb:
1. Deny or contradict (a fact or
statement)
2. Speak against or oppose (someone)

In other words; to deny, dispute, disagree with,
contradict, contravene, rebut, controvert

It does not mean what you are trying to pass it off as.

ayoku777: So paul was talking about REAL bread and REAL wine, but he meant 'hungry' and 'drunken' figuratively

So the disciples were 'figuratively' drunk during communion?

Paul was not talking about "real bread" or "real wine". He was talking about the corinthian church scrambling for food and drink during holy communion as if they did not have food in their houses.

ayoku777: When christians begin to interprete scriptures this way, its called gainsaying.

Was it not the same fruit of the vine that Jesus drank that Noah also drank and got drunk?

Gen 9v20-21 ...and Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a VINEYARD. And he drank of the wine and was DRUNKEN.

Or drunken here is also figurative? Or his own was not new like that of Jesus? Vine wine is alcoholic old or new. And it will get you drunk if you take it without discretion.

Stop gainsaying - saying passages are figurative or literal as it suits your view. Thats trying to make scriptures say what you want it to say.

So in your own view all scriptural writings are literal?

When the same Paul said in the same 1 corinthians

1 corinth 5:5 ... To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh...

What is he saying? Give him unto Satan?

When Jesus said "if ur arm/eye causes you to sin, cut/pluck it out", did he mean carry knife pluck your eye comot?

In Gen. 9v20 and down, Noah was obviously drunk as subsequent verses go ahead to narrate his drunken behaviour, sleeping naked and all that

Consider how that story finally ended, with him cursing one of his sons FOREVER. Do you think when papa Noah set out drinking, he wanted to end up getting drunk and set off a chain of events that ended with laying a curse upon one of his children? I'm sure he must have been thinking; don't worry, I'll just do it moderately.

Like the bible says; "wine is a mocker..."
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2013
Pastor Kun:

So what would you say about palmwine that God produced for our consumption as alcoholic

I actually added that part for some lol effect. It's not in the original article.

m.christianpost.com/news/drinking-and-jesus-turning-water-to-wine--93902/

Should have referenced it in the post, It's actually a good write-up, read it whenever u get chanced.
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by ayoku777(m): 8:53am On Oct 21, 2013
So was it not the same fruit of the vine Jesus and his disciples drank? Don't cherry pick the ones you can argue over. The same vine that Noah drank is the same Jesus drank.
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 9:22am On Oct 21, 2013
Pastor Kun: Psalms 104:14
14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, And herb for the service of man; That he may bring forth food out of the earth,
15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, And oil to make his face to shine, And bread that strengtheneth man's heart.

In the above scripture the psalmist is thanking God for his provision, he especially qualifies wine here in thanking God. Some other bible versions state 'wine for enjoyment' 'wine for merriment' wine is clearly seen here as a gift from God, so why all this hypocrisy

The old testament was mostly written in hebrew, not english, and some exact meanings may have been lost in translation

Look at how it is talked about on wikipedia

Yayin and oinos (which in the
Septuagint also often translates most
of the Hebrew words for alcoholic
beverages listed above)[2][83] are
commonly translated "wine", but the
two are also rarely, and perhaps
figuratively or anticipatorily,[84] used
to refer to freshly pressed juice.

So the psalmist could as well have been referring to something else.

For example in the above scripture, when the psalmist said "herbs", he does not mean MARIJUANA or OPIUM and others, which technically in english are herbs also!!! grin
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 9:31am On Oct 21, 2013
ayoku777: So was it not the same fruit of the vine Jesus and his disciples drank? Don't cherry pick the ones you can argue over.

I don't cherry pick na, I break up the posts into little nuggets and address them one by one.

ayoku777: The same vine that Noah drank is the same Jesus drank.

Who talk so? You? You been dey dia?
How come Noah drank his and went all Clint-Da-drunk on us all, and Jesus/his disciples drank theirs and still remained cool as ice?
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by ayoku777(m): 10:01am On Oct 21, 2013
rapture_ready:

Who talk so? You? You been dey dia?
How come Noah drank his and went all Clint-Da-drunk on us all, and Jesus/his disciples drank theirs and still remained cool as ice?

So you can't drink alcohol without getting drunk? All this just to endorse your sentiments.

If you can deny that the wine that got the believers drunk at corinth was not the wine of the communion, or say that 'drunk' there was figurative. Then you will say anything to project your sentiment.

Im just glad to know those reading the points will see things with unbiased opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by truthislight: 10:11am On Oct 21, 2013
Mintayo:
the statement you made above is not true!
so all those wine we buy with the inscription 'non-alcoholic' are alcoholic? I think you need to research well.
what diffferentiaite an alcoholic wine from a non-alcoholic wine?

They are fruit drinks.

Any fermented drink, wine, has alcohol.

When it is not fermented, it is a fruit drink, or, fruit drinks with preservatives.

The Jews of those days dont have preservatives as today, hence, fermented drinks = wine.

None alcoholic drinks are nothing less than beverages. in fact, that statement is a tautology.
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by truthislight: 10:17am On Oct 21, 2013
Image123:

Learned people know that the earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, and that there is nothing unclean of itself. Learned people also know that every fruit contains sugar and ethanol. The content/percentage increases with fermentation. This is basic science and rural palm wine knowledge. Your sugar, your coca-cola, your medicine, lt all contains the likes of alcohol, cocaine, hemp and such banned substances.
Google is still free for your learning. You can't compare the fruit of the vine and whatever other fruit juice with alcohol content of about 0.1% or less to the likes of gin and whisky(above 40% alcohol), spirit(above 80%), brandy(35%) or beer(above 2% depending on which and not to mention the fishes and carton devourers that help multiply the percentage).
The bible solemnly discourages intake of alcoholic wine.

What have you succeeded in saying ?

Is all that aim at confusing people on the subject at hand ? Smh for you.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by truthislight: 10:21am On Oct 21, 2013
Image123: Just did a quick search to help some to a link that says something similar. Note the following quote from the link.
"In many countries any drink with less than 0.5% ABV can legally be
described as non-alcoholic , because your body can metabolise the
alcohol as fast as you consume the drink. Although all orange juice
contains alcohol, the quantity is low enough that you won’t get
intoxicated from it, even if you drink many glasses of it. However in
places with zero-tolerance rules against driving with any measurable
alcohol in your blood, you might need to be careful if you are a very
heavy orange juice drinker."

http://quezi.com/14067

Again, what is your msg here ^ ?

That alcohol comes naturally ? That God created this things this way ?

Why then does your pentecoastal churches often paint a blanket picture > "alcohol is a sin"
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by truthislight: 10:39am On Oct 21, 2013
What timothy was ask to drink was wine with alcohol in it and not sugar drink.

Image123:

i see you dodged the two posts i gave past 12pm today. i already gave Proverbs 31:4 as well. There is no assuming. Timothy was permitted to drink wine on health grounds, yes or no?

The question is, is wine with alcohol a sin ?

Better yet, is alcoholic drink a sin ?

Answer pls. Thanks.
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by truthislight: 10:45am On Oct 21, 2013
rapture_ready:

If you have a problem with the book of proverbs, check out;

Eph 5:18 ...and be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess, but be filled with the spirit

And sir please try not to resort to insults in an attempt to win an argument, it does not look well on any child of God. Remember the bible said "by their fruits you shall know them" and "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh" embarassed

We know that drunkenness is a sin. True.

We are not talking about drunkenness, but a moderate intake of wine, tombo etc. Is it a sin ?

Drunkards will not inherite God's kingdom.

How can one ever get drunk if he was not to test alcoholic drink at all ?

Israel was God's nation, was their alcoholic drink in Israel ? Yes, and it was allowed by God. hence, they know what its abused led to > drunkenness.

rapture_ready:

Paul wasn't asking timothy to sin. Like I said before he was asking him to take medicine, as the verse stresses; "for thy stomach's sake". If you have a medical condition and are prescribed alcohol or alcohol based drugs for treatment, IT IS NO SIN TO TAKE YOUR MEDICATION!

For that ^. I call you a very big fat liar !
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by truthislight: 11:28am On Oct 21, 2013
Actually, for someone that just registered on NL some 2 days befor making this statement below, i think it is inappropriate and too hasty, unless you are an old member here on NL with a level of experience.

You talk as though you 'know NL too well', hence a conclussive frustrating exclamation.

rapture_ready:

I speak and quote bible= U r trying to twist scriptures
I speak, I no quote bible= U r speaking ur opinion, bak it up wit scriptural references
Wetin man go do 4 nairalanders?

View Rapture_ready's Profile

Nairaland Forum / Rapture_ready's Profile
(Follow This Member)

Send E-Mail Message To rapture_ready

Time registered: October 19, 2013

Time spent online: 4 hours & 18 minutes

View Rapture_ready's posts (19) | View Rapture_ready's topics (0)
...............................................................................................

I just hope you are not Oladegbu with a new ID. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Goshen360(m): 11:55am On Oct 21, 2013
^ Leave them alone, they will later say it's anti-tithe groups that uses or create many I.Ds.

SMH
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Lordlexyy: 12:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
@rapture. If i drink and i don't get drunk(which is possible), now tell me, what exactly is the sin that i have sin? Is it the mere taken of the alcohol or the attitude that follows? Or is sin no longer judged base on action and effect?
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 1:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
truthislight: Actually, for someone that just registered on NL some 2 days befor making this statement below, i think it is inappropriate and too hasty, unless you are an old member here on NL with a level of experience.

You talk as though you 'know NL too well', hence a conclussive frustrating exclamation.

View Rapture_ready's Profile

Nairaland Forum / Rapture_ready's Profile
(Follow This Member)

Send E-Mail Message To rapture_ready

Time registered: October 19, 2013

Time spent online: 4 hours & 18 minutes

View Rapture_ready's posts (19) | View Rapture_ready's topics (0)
...............................................................................................

I just hope you are not Oladegbu with a new ID. Smh.

I did not join nairaland 2 days ago. It is quite obvious if you take off your bias-tinted glasses and look at my posts objectively, you may see that I don't post like some newbie.
I've been on nairaland for as long as I can remember. I just deactivated my old account and created a new one because I used that old one 4 my previous online biz (dat tym na during strike dose days, b4 schl cum reopen and I was unable 2 handle both at d same tym).
The old account is more representative of that biz than my actual self, hence the new account.

Pls focus on the discussion and leave me alone O! We de hold dis discussion b4 u got hia and we have managed to keep the personal attacks down. Tempers have flared, yes but we have managed a relatively civil discussion.

And I'm not olagbedu with a new id
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
Lordlexyy: @rapture. If i drink and i don't get drunk(which is possible), now tell me, what exactly is the sin that i have sin? Is it the mere taken of the alcohol or the attitude that follows? Or is sin no longer judged base on action and effect?

Well OK, let us consider things from your own point of view. Let us suppose that drinking ain't sinning but getting drunk is.

In that case, do you still think that it wise to toy with sin & hell?

Where the bible says;
Eph 4:17 ... Neither give place to the devil.

You say it is possible to drink and not get drunk. Fair enough.

But let us consider a man like Noah who drink brought sorrow to his life - just like the bible says, what makes us think we are better than him?

Leave your own wisdom;

Prov 14:12 ... There is a way that seems right unto a man, but the end of it is destruction.

Listen to God's own wisdom;

Eph 4:27 ... Neither give place to the devil

A constructive rebuttal is welcome. Just don't go "truthislight" on me. Even if you want to say "you are a big fat liar", be nice and use euphemisms like "you are a colossal stuffed-with-excess-adipose-tissue speaker-of-untruth" grin, otherwise I may be forced to ignore your post.

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by raptureready: 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
ayoku777:

So you can't drink alcohol without getting drunk? All this just to endorse your sentiments.

If you can deny that the wine that got the believers drunk at corinth was not the wine of the communion, or say that 'drunk' there was figurative. Then you will say anything to project your sentiment.

Im just glad to know those reading the points will see things with unbiased opinion.

Ok.

And conversely, if you can claim that the corinthian church where getting drunk and acting drunken in God's house and Paul only MENTIONED IT IN PASSING while rebuking them for scrambling over the holy communion as if it was buffet lunch, just to excuse your indulgence, well then I guess you can say anything to protect said indulgence.

Look at how he even ended the chapter;

1 corint 11:33-34 ... Wherefore my brethen, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation...

DOES HE SOUND LIKE AN APOSTLE WHO HAD JUST DISCOVERED THAT HIS CHURCH WAS GETTING DRUNK AND ACTING DRUNKEN IN THE HOUSE OF GOD?

Yet for some reason you still insist that he was speaking literally, not using a hyperbole.

I asked you are scriptural writings always literal, giving examples, you coolly refused to answer me.

I'm also equally glad that everybody can see both sides to the argument and judge for themselves.

Thank God for the completeness of the bible;
Rev 2:7 ... He that hath an ear, let him hear...
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Ukutsgp(m): 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
ayoku777: This is why i don't reply most posts. This is what scripture calls 'gainsaying'. When it suits you, you say a passage or word in scripture is literal, when it doesn't suit you, you call it a 'hyperbole' or 'figurative' expression

So paul was talking about REAL bread and REAL wine, but he meant 'hungry' and 'drunken' figuratively

So the disciples were 'figuratively' drunk during communion?

When christians begin to interprete scriptures this way, its called gainsaying.

Was it not the same fruit of the vine that Jesus drank that Noah also drank and got drunk?

Gen 9v20-21 ...and Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a VINEYARD. And he drank of the wine and was DRUNKEN.

Or drunken here is also figurative? Or his own was not new like that of Jesus? Vine wine is alcoholic old or new. And it will get you drunk if you take it without discretion.

Stop gainsaying - saying passages are figurative or literal as it suits your view. Thats trying to make scriptures say what you want it to say.

You so badly want to say the wine Jesus and the disciples drank is not alcoholic, and you're willing to gainsay to do that. But vine wine is alcoholic, whether its old or new. Thats why on the day of pentecost, when they were mocking the believers, they said in acts 2v13 ...others mocking said, These men are full of NEW wine.
u said it all. Allow those hypocrite to be fooling themselves. Moderation is the key thing here. As 4 me i dnt drink alcohol because it does not augur well with me. bt dos wu can drink and nt be drunk hv no problem. But a wise christian will nt want to even taste it let alone drinking it like me because it can lead to drunkenness. Like they say 'prevention is better than cure'.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by ayoku777(m): 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
Deut 14v26 (KJV) And thou shall bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth; and thou shall eat there before the Lord thy God and thou shalt rejoice, thou and thine household.

(NLT) When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want—cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the LORD your God and celebrate with your household. (NLT)

(NIV) Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice. (NIV)

(ESV) And spend the money for whatever you desire— oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household. (ESV)

If there is no pride in this debate, this scripture should end all arguments.

Coz if drinking wine is a sin, then this scripture means God is condoning sin. And that is heresis on every level.

4 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by ayoku777(m): 8:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
And another humble truth is; in the original hebrew tongue, there is no such thing as non-alcoholic wine.

The word is 'yayin' and it means wine in every place it appears. Yayin was what Noah drank, yayin was what Melchizedek served Abraham, it was what the daughters of Lot gave him to drink. It is what the isrealites drink at their feast of tabernacle. It was what Jesus changed water into and it was what he drank at the supper. Wine is wine in scripture

Scripture doesn't classify it into alcoholic or non-alcoholic wines. So if God forbids wine (according to some) then he must forbid all wine. Coz there is no sentimental differentiation in the hebrew

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Candour(m): 9:09pm On Oct 21, 2013
ayoku777: Deut 14v26 (KJV) And thou shall bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth; and thou shall eat there before the Lord thy God and thou shalt rejoice, thou and thine household.

(NLT) When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want—cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the LORD your God and celebrate with your household. (NLT)

(NIV) Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice. (NIV)

(ESV) And spend the money for whatever you desire— oxen or sheep or wine or strong drink, whatever your appetite craves. And you shall eat there before the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household. (ESV)

Coz if drinking wine is a sin, then this scripture means God is condoning sin. And that is heresis on every level.

Thanks ayoku, I'd been waiting for somebody to quote this verse you just put up. Its expressly written wine and strong drink. Maybe they'll be bold enough to call God Almighty a sinner for saying that.

@the bolded. Its not pride as we know it per se, but pride built and propped up by acute ignorance. They don't know, but refuse to take the time to study more on the subject.

I don't drink alcohol just like I very rarely drink sweetened carbonated drinks because I do not see any thing I benefit from both. It has nothing to do with righteousness. Moderation is key. You can eat too much and commit sin of gluttony(greed) like you drink too much and fall into drunkenness.

I trust somebody to come and accuse you of trying to use old testament to justify alcohol. This of course will further highlight the ignorance we are talking about.

You guys should continue the discussion while I learn by the sidelines.

5 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by truthislight: 9:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise." (Proverbs 20:1). (bible wine has alcohol)

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Goshen360(m): 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2013
ayoku777: Deut 14v26 (KJV) And thou shall bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth; and thou shall eat there before the Lord thy God and thou shalt rejoice, thou and thine household.

I had wanted to do this in the morning but was in a hurry to work. The same hypocrites who teach tithe forbids church people not to drink alcohol while the bible even say the above, one can use his or her tithe money to buy alcohol. One translation even said "beer". Allow them continue to play double standard with scriptures simply because they can't deal with the truth.

In deed, Matthew 23:23 rings bell and come true - you should have allowed or taught them tithing without forbidding them to use their tithe money to buy themselves alcohol or ogogoro or beer or strong drink or wine. cheesy

Edited.

3 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by ayoku777(m): 10:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
Goshen360:

One translation even said "beer". Allow them continue to play double standard with scriptures simply because they can't deal with the truth.

Lol, funny but sober truth indeed.

But like Candour rightly said, some people argue out of sincere lack of knowledge. I know coz i've been there too. So lets just keep teaching like this.

I must admit, i've learnt alot from other people on NL as well

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by PastorKun(m): 6:53am On Oct 22, 2013
ayoku777: Deut 14v26 (KJV) And thou shall bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth; and thou shall eat there before the Lord thy God and thou shalt rejoice, thou and thine household.

This passage actually nails the coffin for those who try to distort scripture and claim Christians ought not to drink. They have attempted to twist wine in some cases to mean fruit juice but we all know strong drink in every sense of the word means alcoholic drink which could be anything from ogogoro to beer except our bible twisters want to twist strong drink to mean something else again.

@image123
I hope you reading, the bible says you should use your tithes to drink wine and beer. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by simple2004(m): 2:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
these are really eye-opening!

2 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Goshen360(m): 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
Pastor Kun:

This passage actually nails the coffin for those who try to distort scripture and claim Christians ought not to drink. They have attempted to twist wine in some cases to mean fruit juice but we all know strong drink in every sense of the word means alcoholic drink which could be anything from ogogoro to beer except our bible twisters want to twist strong drink to mean something else again.

@image123
I hope you reading, the bible says you should use your tithes to drink wine and beer. tongue

You know say our brother I.D carry "23" for back, maybe na the reason him love Matthew 23:23; so I have decided to change his I.D to Matthew23:23 or better still, scribes & pharisee 23:23. grin

E be like say him don run from this one as I dey look him back when he dey pick race go, he cannot display scripture gyngolism for this one. grin

1 Like

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Image123(m): 5:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
Most of this guys don't fail to disappoint. Unfortunate if i may so say. Perhaps it has something to do with the drinking.

Anyways, for those interested in learning instead of amusing themselves. Please read this link and its following chapters. It pretty much explains what i may want to say on this thread,

http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/books/wine_in_the_bible/1.html
Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Lordlexyy: 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
Image123: Most of this guys don't fail to disappoint. Unfortunate if i may so say. Perhaps it has something to do with the drinking.

Anyways, for those interested in learning instead of amusing themselves. Please read this link and its following chapters. It pretty much explains what i may want to say on this thread,

You are obviously fighting a lost battle. After all the evidence ayok provided, like a gentle man i expect you to graciously take a bow or admit your insufficient knowledge on the subject matter. Your rebuttal, if any should largely concentrate on the consequences of alcohol. Pls don't try to provide any link to anything because that will be unnecessary and it will be considered as pride and ignorance. Bless.

4 Likes

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Lordlexyy: 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2013
Image123: Most of this guys don't fail to disappoint. Unfortunate if i may so say. Perhaps it has something to do with the drinking.

Re: Christianity And Drinking Of Wine by Image123(m): 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Lordlexyy: You are obviously fighting a lost battle. After all the evidence ayok provided, like a gentle man i expect you to graciously take a bow or admit your insufficient knowledge on the subject matter. Your rebuttal, if any should largely concentrate on the consequences of alcohol. Pls don't try to provide any link to anything because that will be unnecessary and it will be considered as pride and ignorance. Bless.

There's no fight and i have nothing to lose or gain. i've given evidence and answers on the same subkect matter in the past. The link is free for you to read and learn if you want to. It offers you detailed and educated explnations on all the wine scrptures instead of the emotional amusements prevalent here. Read if you have the mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Atheist's Letter To God. / Kirk Franklin(a popular gospel artist) Blasphemy Against Jesus Christ. / Can These Women Protest Like This In Saudi Arabia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.