Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

An Atheist's Letter To God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist's Letter To God. (5473 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Atheist's Letter To God. by obiZEAL(m): 7:04am On Dec 04, 2014
Dear sir, I don't know if the
inhabitants of heaven share
the same time zone with us in
Africa. But since it's morning
over here, I say, good
morning sir.
How is Junior and his virgin
mama? I know Junior is
sitting on the right side of
your throne, but i don't know
who's sitting on your left side.
But whoever it is, extend my
greetings to everyone.
Sir, lots of things have been
puzzling me regarding your
existence, and since I don't
want to ''lean unto my own
understanding'' to solve this
puzzle, I do implore you to
bequest to me your
''spiritual understanding,'' as
panacea to this questions Sir.
I want to know where you
resided before you created
heaven?
Was Melchizedek with you
before you created heaven
and earth? We're told in the
bible that Melchizedek had no
father and mother; that he
had no beginning and end (an
attribute I hitherto thought
was your exclusive right)!
If he had no beginning and
end, how come we're told
Adam was the first man you
created?
You never even told us when
you created hell and the other
planets! You only mentioned
heaven and earth!
Your lordship sir, you said day
and night was created before
the Sun and Moon. How is this
possible sir? It beats me
hollow that you as an
almighty didn't even know
without the earth orbiting the
sun, there would be no day
and night!
You even created plants
before the sun! This is a joke
right? You also admonished
us to eat from every plant and
tree which yield seed!
Including poisonous plants
like Oleander, Night shade and
Hemlock?! You want us
poisoned?! You didn't say this,
did you? Sir, why did you keep
a forbidden fruit to tempt Mr
Adam And Mrs Eve when you
already knew they will eat
from the fruit since you are a
all-knowing God? This
bewilders me sir.
Why didn't you place your
'Angels' around the ''tree of
good and evil'' to prevent
them from eating the
forbidden fruit in the first
place! You forgot? Ohk!!
Regarding the ''curse of Eve,''
you promised every woman
would endure excruciating
child labor pain because of
Eve sin.
Sir! Why do female hyenas
face worse pain in labor than
even humans? Did they ate
forbidden meat or bones?
I'm not questioning your
motives sir, but you could
have done better, at least to
save us from this dramatic
quagmire! Oh! Lest I forget,
did that snake spoke Hebrew,
Arabic, or Aramaic language?
Every time I read the story of
Noah, I wonder how a
''merciful'' father like you
would drown innocent babies
and animals who never
offended you! That you didn't
even feel remorseful about it
makes me shudder!
Don't you think killing all
those innocent ones together
with the 'sinful ones' smacks
of burning a whole room to
kill mosquitoes?
You never told us the people
that were trying to kill Cain
after he killed his brother. You
placed a mark on him so that
people won't hurt him. Who
were these people, since only
three people were on earth
then? And... Where did Cain
get his wife?!
Solomon sacrificed 22,000
oxens and 120,000 sheeps to
you under one week! Sir, you
must be the greatest glutton
I've ever heard of!
I do agree that you're all-
powerful sir because you
create our world in six days!
But, how do I reconcile this
your omnipotence with your
inability to drive out the
inhabitants of the valley,
because they had chariots of
iron?!
If you couldn't defeat those
with 'chariots of iron', What
chance do you have against
our present generation with
high-tech defense shield,
missiles and nuclear
weapons?
Is it also true you 'stilled' the
sun for Joshua to enable him
see clearly to kill more
people? How could that be,
when we know the sun has
always been stationery to
earth?
Sir, replicate those
'thaumaturgies' they did
during those days, now that
we have video cameras! You
know, this could help in
making those wretched
heathen see the light. Explain
to me why heaven is named
NEW JERUSALEM? Explain to
me why only the twelve tribes
of Israel have their names
inscribed on the twelve gates
of heaven?! No African tribe is
good enough? You're very
biased sir! And to think that
you've not upgraded the
weapons of angels in
heaven?! Why do they still use
swords; we're no longer in the
Bronze age you know?
Sir! We have over 5 million
hungry children starving to
death around the world
yearly. And considering you
sent ravens to take food to
Elijah, you also rained Manna
from heaven to feed the
Israelites - why can't you feed
these starving children? I
know you can do it sir!
Lastly, I see you no longer
punish us for trying to reach
heaven with our space ships?
Remember the Tower of
Babel?
Don't see this as
blasphemy sir, I only want
you to know.

7 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by SeverusSnape(m): 7:13am On Dec 04, 2014
Atheists don't believe in the existence of God, why write this to a non-existent entity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Edwinmason(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2014
The fools says in their heart that they is no God{psalm 14:1}

4 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by chibwike(m): 7:28am On Dec 04, 2014
Get a life

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Fabdedon(m): 7:46am On Dec 04, 2014
if you repent God can still forgive you

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by reaky(m): 8:06am On Dec 04, 2014
You people should just
Prove him wrong
That's what he wants
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by woky: 8:29am On Dec 04, 2014
reaky:
You people should just
Prove him wrong
That's what he wants
And who care abt wht he wants undecided

3 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by davien(m): 8:40am On Dec 04, 2014
Isn't it bigotry that you can't even stand the fact that someone doesn't think like you?
I mean what bugs you specially about atheists,and not lets say muslims?
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Olasuposaheed(m): 8:43am On Dec 04, 2014
Where are the christians
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by davien(m): 8:43am On Dec 04, 2014
Isn't it bigotry that you can't even stand the fact that someone doesn't think like you?
I mean what bugs you specially about atheists,and not lets say muslims?..
Is it because muslims are "peaceful"?
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by wordcat(m): 9:02am On Dec 04, 2014
Fabdedon:
if you repent God can still forgive you

Not until he answer the above questions.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by reaky(m): 9:19am On Dec 04, 2014
woky:
And who care abt wht he wants undecided

Why do you think people go about preaching
The gospel?
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Orunto: 10:16am On Dec 04, 2014
There is nothing to tell him. There is nothing like athiest. It is a word that only exists in English dictionary as meaning an imaginary opposition to God(the Creator of the universe) and to any god at all or to some spirit beings regarded in human imagination as supreme. There no one, spirit or human that does not imagine something. That something you imagine is your belief and faith. God is simply Faith to His believers. Christ is TheFaith to Christians. Athiest is suppose to believe in nothing, so nothing is his faith. You can't write to one you don't know, call him Sir and ask him for wisdom, knowledge and understanding? Write to nothing, your faith. These fortures you seek, are some of the names of God you claim you don't know and must not be taken in vain. All that is required from human to human, human to God or gods and human to nothing at all, is ASK, MEANING PRAY TO MAINTAIN SYNERGY OF HEART, SOUL, MIND AND BODY!!!!

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Fabdedon(m): 10:19am On Dec 04, 2014
wordcat:

Not until he answer the above questions.
i just look u shake head.. Nah God u de qweshun?

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by johnydon22(m): 10:22am On Dec 04, 2014
Orunto:
There is nothing to tell him. There is nothing like athiest. It is a word that only exists in English dictionary as meaning an imaginary opposition to God(the Creator of the universe) and to any god at all or to some spirit beings regarded in human imagination as supreme. There no one, spirit or human that does not imagine something. That something you imagine is your belief and faith. God is simply Faith to His believers. Christ is TheFaith to Christians. Athiest is suppose to believe in nothing, so nothing is his faith. You can't write to one you don't know, call him Sir and ask him for wisdom, knowledge and understanding? Write to nothing, your faith. These fortures you seek, are some of the names of God you claim you don't know and must not be taken in vain. All that is required from human to human, human to God or gods and human to nothing at all, is ASK, MEANING PRAY TO MAINTAIN SYNERGY OF HEART, SOUL, MIND AND BODY!!!!

so you dont know when irony is been used

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by obiZEAL(m): 11:06am On Dec 04, 2014
Orunto:
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Orunto: 11:11am On Dec 04, 2014
Please be careful with ironies like Nebu for Jona and athiest for faith. GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED!!!
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by obiZEAL(m): 11:11am On Dec 04, 2014
Orunto:
if only you can help get a reply of the letter from God, it will help in converting the atheist than any epistle and bible verse you put forward.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by frank317: 11:40am On Dec 04, 2014
Further questions Baba God... Why did you not proffer reasonable solutions to life problems when you came to earth in form of your son (what ever that means)? I mean, while you were on earth as a human you were busy changing water to wine, walking on water, fasting for forty days!, and preaching your gospel. but you didnt even thought about making cars... you were trekking around for your (God's) sake. You didnt think of using micro phones to talk to above 5000 crowds of people, you were shouting, how in the world did five thousand people hear you. Why is it that your disciples are changing from your methods of preaching. Are they trying to say you are old fashioned.
Baba God, you would have used the opportunity to bring us technology, medical solutions etc, instead to dwelt in teaching us magic and threatening us with hell.
further.. why did you make the time for your coming again a secret. what do you stand to gain by catching us off guard? you like tricks right? Again... when man fell, why didnt you proffer a better solution immediately to make life better for your creations. You sound like a poor planner really.

when will we get an updated version of the bible given the changes that we have seen in events.

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Orunto: 11:46am On Dec 04, 2014
God is Spirit. We talk to Him in Spirit and get response in spirit. I have not preached the Bible at all and I have not given epistle either. I am not also ready to convert any neighbour who is determinedly misappling English technology in an environment where there are no spareparts. My first quote: In all labour is a reward, the talk of the lips tenneth unto penury. If our supposed athiest is seriously desirous of an excellent(another name of God for Himself and for those who have faith in Him) convertion, we can negotiate. You don't learn about God in a marketplace like Nairaland, you praise Him(GOD) in His Sanctuary.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by frank317: 11:58am On Dec 04, 2014
Orunto:
God is Spirit. We talk to Him in Spirit and get response in spirit. I have not preached the Bible at all and I have not given epistle either. I am not also ready to convert any neighbour who is determinedly misappling English technology in an environment where there are no spareparts. My first quote: In all labour is a reward, the talk of the lips tenneth unto penury. If our supposed athiest is seriously desirous of an excellent(another name of God for Himself and for those who have faith in Him) convertion, we can negotiate. You don't learn about God in a marketplace like Nairaland, you praise Him(GOD) in His Sanctuary.

what? didnt quite get the message you are trying to pass across.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by honourhim: 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
reaky:
You people should just
Prove him wrong
That's what he wants

He is already wrong. He has a very wrong understanding of the bible.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by reaky(m): 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
honourhim:

He is already wrong. He has a very wrong understanding of the bible.

Which he don't know yet
And needs to be cleared
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by honourhim: 12:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
reaky:

Which he don't know yet
And needs to be cleared

Which he cannot understand except he stands on the spiritual platform. The bible is both physical and spiritual. People like the op who sees and reason only from the physical will never understand it. Its an excercise in futility trying to explain to such a person.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by obiZEAL(m): 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
frank317:
Further questions Baba God... Why did you not proffer reasonable solutions to life problems when you came to earth in form of your son (what ever that means)? I mean, while you were on earth as a human you were busy changing water to wine, walking on water, fasting for forty days!, and preaching your gospel. but you didnt even thought about making cars... you were trekking around for your (God's) sake. You didnt think of using micro phones to talk to above 5000 crowds of people, you were shouting, how in the world did five thousand people hear you. Why is it that your disciples are changing from your methods of preaching. Are they trying to say you are old fashioned.
Baba God, you would have used the opportunity to bring us technology, medical solutions etc, instead to dwelt in teaching us magic and threatening us with hell.
further.. why did you make the time for your coming again a secret. what do you stand to gain by catching us off guard? you like tricks right? Again... when man fell, why didnt you proffer a better solution immediately to make life better for your creations. You sound like a poor planner really.

when will we get an updated version of the bible given the changes that we have seen in events.
more questions seeking simple honest answers and not insult and threats...if only someone can get God to answer these unending questions himself.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by wordcat(m): 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
Fabdedon:
i just look u shake head.. Nah God u de qweshun?

Yes.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
obiZEAL:

more questions seeking simple honest answers and not insult and threats...if only someone can get God to answer these unending questions himself.

why don't you get to God yourself?? If you seek Him you will find Him. We are not going to seek pass for you into heaven, you have to do it yourself.

Just like raw gold telling purified gold that fire doesn't exist. No matter what the purified gold tell the raw gold about the fire, raw gold won't believe anything until it experiences it.

experience Jesus if not there is no way out

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Alvelt14(m): 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
everything u asked is in d Qur'an, it is a complete book,
there was a day am reading d Qur'an, eventhough it is a english version, i read something like the sun do rest at night, i was like hmmm, while continuing reading it i saw something like round the orbit.
what i am trying to point out is our ancestors then will be like what do GOD mean by round the orbit, while nowadays, we will be like resti ke.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by 5minsmadness: 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
frank317:

Still frustrated I see.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by 5minsmadness: 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
An "atheist" and a christian can never see eye to eye because they are both speaking different languages. The christian has faith, that is a belief in something he cannot see. An atheist sees this as foolishness. But anytime the atheist looks up into the sky and sees the birds in the air, the clouds, the heavens, and takes time to look at nature all around him his soul starts to ask questions. It is these questions that are the beginning of faith. Alas the atheist will always do all in his power to supress these questions from coming to mind, to supress the movements of his soul because the moment he begins to wonder...is the moment his faith in 'nothing' will be shaken.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by undercat: 6:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
5minsmadness:
An "atheist" and a christian can never see eye to eye because they are both speaking different languages. The christian has faith, that is a belief in something he cannot see. An atheist sees this as foolishness. But anytime the atheist looks up into the sky and sees the birds in the air, the clouds, the heavens, and takes time to look at nature all around him his soul starts to ask questions. It is these questions that are the beginning of faith. Alas the atheist will always do all in his power to supress these questions from coming to mind, to supress the movements of his soul because the moment he begins to wonder...is the moment his faith in 'nothing' will be shaken.

But these questions are also the beginning of atheism na. Some atheists look at the birds in the air, the clouds, the heavens and at nature all around them and wonder how a perfect God could have been responsible for everything. I guess it boils down to how one feels about the universe, whether overall it is a good package, or not.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by 5minsmadness: 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2014
undercat:

But these questions are also the beginning of atheism na. Some atheists look at the birds in the air, the clouds, the heavens and at nature all around them and wonder how a perfect God could have been responsible for everything. I guess it boils down to how one feels about the universe, whether overall it is a good package, or not.

I don't get you. Were they expecting an imperfect God to create the complexity around them?
Atheists are a confused bunch if so.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Gospel Has Already Been Preached To The Whole World / Why Many Children Of God Are Poor / Is Military Killing In War Bible Justified?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.