Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) (35381 Views)

MTN Customer Care Thread / Etisalat Customer Care Thread / Glo Customer number 121, Is it really working? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 8:24am On Oct 31, 2013
petaling:

In as much as I commend you for the work you are doing here, never you give an answer to questions you know nothing about. Did you read what typed? "Machine that randomly select numbers to be migrated" This does not make sense to me. The question still remains Why should glo migrate my line to another plan without my consent?
Thank you for your commendations but, I know exactly what I am talking about.
Glo WelcomeBack plan is an auto piloted plan on the Glo network, which you as a subscriber have no control over. This is because, you cannot ordinarily migrate to this plan nor, can you modify anything in it.
Therefore, if you suddenly find yourself on the WelcomeBack plan, know that you were auto migrated to the plan by a machine which randomly selects numbers to migrate, and your consent is never sorted. So, you can either choose to stay on the plan as it charges 20k/sec (N12/min) flat rate to all network and gives 5MB free data bonus on the recharge of N100, or you can migrate out of it by dialing the corresponding USSD code of the new plan you intends to join. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by consize: 10:10am On Nov 01, 2013
Thanks for the job you're doing here. Please I got a message from 7728 telling me that I have subscribed to glo caller tunes service and I am quite sure I did no such thing, please how do I deactivate this service?
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 9:17am On Nov 02, 2013
consize: Thanks for the job you're doing here. Please I got a message from 7728 telling me that I have subscribed to glo caller tunes service and I am quite sure I did no such thing, please how do I deactivate this service?
You were automatically subscribed into Caller Tunes when you migrated to Glo Bounce. To deactivate the service, text UNSUB to 7728 and you will notified by 7728 when completed.
Thank you very much for your commendations.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by overdrive(m): 11:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
Pls mr osas,I need d settings so as to use my galaxy s to browse.I hv 270mb and hv tried d whole settings whosai.pls help thanks
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 1:16pm On Nov 03, 2013
overdrive: Pls mr osas,I need d settings so as to use my galaxy s to browse.I hv 270mb and hv tried d whole settings whosai.pls help thanks
Use APN gloflat, while username and password should be flat. Then, you now text PAYU to 127 so that you use it with the gloflat APN, that's what I am using now. Thank you.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
Have You Noticed?
I have been observing how the free 5MB on the Glo G-BAM plan vanishes too quickly of late.
This is a sharp contrast to the experienced I have been having on this plan before now. Imagine the free 5MB vanishing under one hour now of browsing the internet.
Does anyone, who is a G-BAM plan subscriber notice this of late? Share your experience here.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by Temitaryor(m): 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
luluosas: Have You Noticed?
I have been observing how the free 5MB on the Glo G-BAM plan vanishes too quickly of late.
This is a sharp contrast to the experienced I have been having on this plan before now. Imagine the free 5MB vanishing under one hour now of browsing the internet.
Does anyone, who is a G-BAM plan subscriber notice this of late? Share your experience here.
recently I noticed it too on my second line.

y is glo migrating ppl on bounce plan to welcome back plan?
can I migrate back to bounce without being charged?
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2013
Temitaryor: .
recently I noticed it too on my second line.

y is glo migrating ppl on bounce plan to welcome back plan?
can I migrate back to bounce without being charged?
Well, I don't know why Glo should be migrating people into the auto plan called WelcomeBack in the first place. However, returning back to Bounce may likely cost you N100 though I haven't tried it yet. Thank you.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by MissLeslie(m): 1:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
Glo g bam sucks
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
Miss Leslie: Am on glo gbam and my 5 naira was dedected daily,but was not given the daily mb? What should i do? And is there any other network with data plan related to this?
Well, once your N5 is deducted, you were supposed to be credited with your free 5MB data bonus. Did you dial *127*0# to confirm if you weren't given?
The other plan I will suggest to you is Bounce. It charges 12k/sec flat rate to all network, upon charging 40k/sec for the first 60 seconds of the day.
However, it has some goodies too, which includes ability to call other Bounce off plans at 5k/sec, 1 free SMS for every SMS you sent and ultimately, a free 30MB data bonus on every recharge of N200 and above. To join Bounce, dial *170*4# and *170*9# to activate Campus Zone tariff. Thank you.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by nsidible(f): 10:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Miss Leslie: Am on glo gbam and my 5 naira was dedected daily,but was not given the daily mb? What should i do? And is there any other network with data plan related to this?
itz simple.i hav bin using diz trick.once ur #5 is deduct and u hav not seen any mb.juz go to direct browser visit any site.d page wil not open tho.for like a min.then close d page..wetin 3min u wil recieve a message that u hav bin credited wit 5mb.since i notice diz.i don't call custumer care any more.i juz activate my mb weneva i like.

1 Like

Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
pls anybody knows why this number 34001 call me daily. Its so annoying. How can i stop it?
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by MissLeslie(m): 11:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
nsidible: itz simple.i hav bin using diz trick.once ur #5 is deduct and u hav not seen any mb.juz go to direct browser visit any site.d page wil not open tho.for like a min.then close d page..wetin 3min u wil recieve a message that u hav bin credited wit 5mb.since i notice diz.i don't call custumer care any more.i juz activate my mb weneva i like.
thanks,i have tried this,but did not work,any othere idea?
Thanks for the response luluosas,yes i dial *127*0#,but did not have mb
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 7:46am On Nov 08, 2013
Welcome To Glo New Account Profile Notification System

Dear Glo subscribers, before now, checking your account profile on the Glo network was a hassle and very frustrating, especially when there was no room in knowing your plan. The closest attempt by Glo was by dialing *135*8#, which was a complete failure until they finally launched #100# USSD platform, which became the first successful procedure in knowing your charging plan on the Glo network, without you calling 121 or 171 Glo customer care service.

Now, Glo have stepped up the process of checking your account balance, with the introduction of knowing your profile package type for the very first time, including the operations of your plan and your charging tariff, when you dial #124#, since the inception of the Globacom operations in Nigeria.
To me, this is a wonderful concept, and I think it is also the first of its kind among all the telecoms service operators in Nigeria today.

However, you still need to press/dial 1 before your account balance will display, which was the same process before this update.

Moreover, to get all your freebies information (data, SMS, onnet bonus airtime) you have to dial #122# now, unlike before that all the information about your freebies was embedded into #124#, and dialing the corresponding numbers thereafter.

So, Glo Nigeria subscribers, what do you say about this new development by Glo, in knowing your profile plan when you dial #124# now?
Share your views.

GLO - UNLIMITED

Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 7:48am On Nov 08, 2013
Olekumaster: pls anybody knows why this number 34001 call me daily. Its so annoying. How can i stop it?
It is from Glo. Add it to your blacklist so that you will not receive calls from it again.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 9:18am On Nov 08, 2013
Do You Know About The New Glo Data Plan In Town?

Wow! Glo World have just added a NEW DATA PLAN CALLED MY PHONE to their HSI internet subscription plans (Prepaid and Postpaid).
Although the new plan is relatively high as against what I am expecting from them but, it is a welcome development as it is 3 times more cheaper than Always Micro plan. With just N2,000 on this new My Phone data plan, you will get a data volume of 800MB, valid for 30 days.

COMPARING ALWAYS MICRO WITH THE NEW MY PHONE DATA PLAN
Always Micro charges N1,000 for 260MB data volume for 30 days.
My Phone charges N2,000 for 800MB data volume for 30 days.
Now, consider buying Always Micro plan for 3 times in a month i.e
N1,000 X 3 = N3,000
260MB X 3 = 780MB

However, this new My Phone data plan will save you N1,000 in addition to 20MB, if you are buying for a month too.
Visit http://www.gloworld.com/nigeria/personal/internet-plans/ to learn more about all Glo data subscription services (data cap, subscription tariff, validity period).

So, which one do you prefer?
Let's hear your own view (for and against). Thank you.

GLO - UNLIMITED

Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 08, 2013
Is a good development but it should have been 2k for 1GB. MTN night plan is still unbeatable 2.5k for 3GB night and 1.5GB bonus for 24/7

1 Like

Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 10:19am On Nov 08, 2013
petaling: Is a good development but it should have been 2k for 1GB. MTN night plan is still unbeatable 2.5k for 3GB night and 1.5GB bonus for 24/7
That's a good one.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by freebloke: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
petaling: Is a good development but it should have been 2k for 1GB. MTN night plan is still unbeatable 2.5k for 3GB night and 1.5GB bonus for 24/7
true talk!
2k for 1gig or 1.5gig for beta pass.
GLOBACOM too dey fall hand!
angry
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2013
freebloke:
true talk!
2k for 1gig or 1.5gig for beta pass.
GLOBACOM too dey fall hand!
angry
Glo dey fall hand, how?
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by freebloke: 6:28pm On Nov 08, 2013
luluosas:
Glo dey fall hand, how?
if dem complete am 1gig na crime? abi de company go fold up?
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
freebloke:
if dem complete am 1gig na crime? abi de company go fold up?
But, you know say Glo better pass other network providers in terms of data allocation.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by freebloke: 6:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
luluosas:
But, you know say Glo better pass other network providers in terms of data allocation.
all na same same.... glo go give you with one hand and collect am back with the other hand...I get close to 2gig for my fone under bounce but to use am browse na shege!
I don send "payu" taya,change apn taya,call customer care taya,twit taya...all na wash.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 7:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
freebloke:
all na same same.... glo go give you with one hand and collect am back with the other hand...I get close to 2gig for my fone under bounce but to use am browse na shege!
I don send "payu" taya,change apn taya,call customer care taya,twit taya...all na wash.
But, na the same Bounce free data bonus me I dey use na.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by overdrive(m): 7:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
I no c my 270mb for this glo bounce,mr lulu I think I will hold u responsible!I was not able to browse with it and now its nowhere to be found.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by freebloke: 8:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
luluosas:
But, na the same Bounce free data bonus me I dey use na.
your own beta o.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by freebloke: 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2013
E bi like sey dem swear for GLOBACOM make dem no dey dey consistent with dia plans... undecided
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by aieromon(m): 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
freebloke:

I tried everything possible as I have close to 500MB on my sim. I decided to use glosecure which doesn't sync my mails or open apps that require secure authentication.

Rule your world
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
aieromon:

I tried everything possible as I have close to 500MB on my sim. I decided to use glosecure which doesn't sync my mails or open apps that require secure authentication.

Rule your world
But I am still browsing on my Bounce free data bonus.

Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by freebloke: 10:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
luluosas:
Oga Lulu, me no understand dis kain tin o sad
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by aieromon(m): 4:49am On Nov 09, 2013
luluosas:

Mine is working as well only that it doesn't login Whatsapp or chat/email applications. All other applications are working. I've seen been using the phone as a modem but the network disconnects every 5minutes.
Re: Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) by luluosas(m): 8:08am On Nov 09, 2013
freebloke:
Oga Lulu, me no understand dis kain tin o sad
Which APN are you using please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Glo Scatter Dem! Glo2go @ 1k/sec- Flexi Dynamic Tariff / Transfer Airtime From One Network To Another / See My Museum Of Phones (photos Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.