Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,582 members, 7,837,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay (1729 Views)

The Antichrist Will Be A Gay World Ruler? / Shocking Discovery About NIV Bible. (a Must-read For True Believers) / Pastor Adeboye Is A Gay Cultist - Kemi Olunloyo (The Former Governor's Daughter) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by stexsy(m): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
I came across a wirte up today on the internet which suggest that the centurion in the scripture was a gay, according to the write up, the man was sleeping with his male servant that was why his well being was of much interest to him. Pls how true is this?
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by axion(m): 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
It's possible, homosexuality wasn't an issue that anyone bothered about in those days angry
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nairaland keeps getting crazier by d day
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by opeyemiz(m): 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
Pls move to jokes section
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by Kabieosi: 6:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
stexsy:

I came across a wirte up today on the internet which suggest that the centurion in the scripture was a gay,

according to the write up, the man was sleeping with his male servant that was why his well being was of much interest to him.

Pls how true is this?

@stexsy

Considering what "pais" could mean then, yes it seems likely to be true and believable
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by stexsy(m): 9:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
axion: It's possible, homosexuality wasn't an issue that anyone bothered about in those days angry
am suprise that such cud happen o, y did't God reveal it to jesus when he prayed for the sick servant?
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by EvilBrain1(m): 11:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
There isn't much evidence in favour of it, but its plausible enough.

Homosexuality was a widespread practice back then and was considered to be normal or even expected behaviour by the Romans. The Romans were actually a very liberal and inclusive culture back then, that why they were so successful. While they were officially pagan, they tolerated all religions, races and creeds. The only thing they didn't allow was anything that fomented social strife or encouraged rebellion which is why the Jews kept getting into trouble with them.

The Roman empire only became intolerant when the Christians took over and started killing and burning people. The world still hasn't recovered since then.
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by igbeke: 12:42am On Oct 19, 2013
axion: It's possible, homosexuality wasn't an issue that anyone bothered about in those days angry
who told u dat?
do u hav any proof?
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by axion(m): 1:18am On Oct 19, 2013
igbeke:
who told u dat?
do u hav any proof?
I no talk say e happen, I say e dey possible. You fit read so? undecided
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by EvilBrain1(m): 1:20am On Oct 19, 2013
igbeke:
who told u dat?
do u hav any proof?

The history and culture of ancient Rome is well known and thoroughly studied. We have countless letters, laws and inscriptions. There's mountains of gay Roman art and artefacts, including sėx toys. There are Roman buildings still standing with 2000 year old dirty pictures scribbled on them. There are Roman statues and engravings depicting explicit gay sex. There are Roman statues of shėmales and other weird gay stuff in museums all over Europe. Romans wrote about homosexuality in a matter of fact, "by the way" manner as if it was a normal thing.

Even Julius Caeser was known to have had relations with men and it didn't diminish his reputation in any way. Also, his successor, the great Caeser Augustus was a flaming homo and nobody cared.

Its good that you're asking for proof sha. Hopefully, you'll apply the same level of scepticism when next you think about your religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_ancient_Rome
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by axion(m): 1:30am On Oct 19, 2013
Evil Brain:

The history and culture of ancient Rome is well known and thoroughly studied. We have countless letters, laws and inscriptions. There's mountains of gay Roman art and artefacts, including sėx toys. There are Roman buildings still standing with 2000 year old dirty pictures scribbled on them. There are Roman statues and engravings depicting explicit gay sex. There are Roman statues of shėmales and other weird gay stuff in museums all over Europe. Romans wrote about homosexuality in a matter of fact, "by the way" manner as if it was a normal thing.

Even Julius Caeser was known to have had relations with men and it didn't diminish his reputation in any way. Also, his successor, the great Caeser Augustus was a flaming homo and nobody cared.

Its good that you're asking for proof sha. Hopefully, you'll apply the same level of scepticism when next you think about your religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_ancient_Rome
You get good brain no be evil brain, me I no fit shout angry
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by EvilBrain1(m): 11:59am On Oct 19, 2013
axion:
You get good brain no be evil brain, me I no fit shout angry

All na Wikipedia.
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
stexsy: I came across a wirte up today on the internet which suggest that the centurion in the scripture was a gay, according to the write up, the man was sleeping with his male servant that was why his well being was of much interest to him. Pls how true is this?

Please show us where in the bible that you got this info from.
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by stexsy(m): 12:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
joel lala:

Please show us where in the bible that you got this info from.
d bible portion portion is luke 7 frm vs 1, but i read d other info on google, u can google d portion n read d options
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2013
stexsy: d bible portion portion is luke 7 frm vs 1, but i read d other info on google, u can google d portion n read d options

The story of the centurion is luke 7 vs 1-10 and I read Luke 7 frm verse 1 to 50 nothing there stating/relating the centurion in any thing gay..so OP please be kind to post the book of luke 7vs 1-10 for everyone to see your claims.
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
joel lala:

The story of the centurion is luke 7 vs 1-10 and I read Luke 7 frm verse 1 to 50 nothing there stating/relating the centurion in any thing gay..so OP please be kind to post the book of luke 7vs 1-10 for everyone to see your claims.

Are u deliberately being ignorant or u are just naturally slow?
The guy said he read the about the supposition on the internet. Numerous comments on this thread have given u the probability that the centurion is gay is around 80% based on the zeitgeist then and since it is clearly stated in ur bible that the centurion cared about the manservant. Yet here u are still pressing for irrelevant bible quotes.
Maybe u should read the OP again. With ur glasses on this time.
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by axion(m): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
stexsy: am suprise that such cud happen o, y did't God reveal it to jesus when he prayed for the sick servant?
Jesus healed the young man because the centurion had faith, not because of how the young man gets down in the privacy of his master's house. What does someone's se'xual orientation have to do with getting healed? Even if he was homo, you think Jesus would have said Yuck this guy forks guys from the backdoor, so I will let his servant die on the sick bed? undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 20, 2013
axion:
Jesus healed the young man because the centurion had faith, not because of how the young man gets down in the privacy of his master's house. What does someone's se'xual orientation have to do with getting healed? Even if he was homo, you think Jesus would have said Yuck this guy forks guys from the backdoor, so I will let his servant die on the sick bed? undecided angry

Nice answer. smiley
And that is the reason why Jesus is very different from mordern day christians.
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 20, 2013
joel lala:

The gay thing is implied from how the centurion cared about the sick servant.He went out to seek Jesus himself.I mean,what kinda master does that?
Re: Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay by EvilBrain1(m): 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
Beretta92: The gay thing is implied from how the centurion cared about the sick servant.He went out to seek Jesus himself.I mean,what kinda master does that?

Also, while homosexuality was a normal thing among Romans, it was considered shameful to be the bottom (or bend-down) partner. Because of this, high class, gay Romans usually didn't often sleep with each other, at least not openly. Instead, they'd sleep with their male slaves. That way even if the Roman likes being the bottom during sex, he can tell people that he's the top and nobody can prove otherwise (other than the slave who wouldn't dare embarrass his oga if he wants to live long).

The gay centurion hypothesis is very plausible.

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders,lets Discuss The Morality Of Prostitution / What If God Is The Bad Guy And Satan The Good Guy. / Signs That You Are Not A Child Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.