Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

I Met A Man!!!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Met A Man!!!! (6374 Views)

Cuteness Overload : This Is What A Toddler Did When She Met A Kangaroo(PHOTOS) / Checkout How Couples Who Met At The Club Dance At Their Wedding - Photo / We Met On Nairaland And Today We Are Married! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Met A Man!!!! by greatgod2012(f): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Baba Oyo:

Oluwatobiloba.....thank you so much. He was just being himself. He said I ought to be with my family after all the dissapointment we both faced.

I learnt something big from it.

Never discriminate when you can help. You never know who it is that is watching you.

Baba oyo, you know something about this particular post I quoted? My head usually swell whenever anyone mention or write or type my name fully, I sooooooo love it, this is how my hubby use to call me whenever I'm not being myself and he want to take me back to my real self, I just love it when I hear my name in full, my mum gave my hubby that key..........".call her full name when she's angry and she will definitely smile back at you". I'm so happy tonight since ileya day.

RR, you see what you have caused, I can't but thank you for this.
God bless all of us.

1 Like

Re: I Met A Man!!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
mysticgal: Royal roy are you still searchingundecided

you stole my heart from its cupboardembarassed

mysticgirl.....am not hooked am not single. leaving a free life and enjoying every bit of it.

Blushing.....this man called Baba Oyo really sourced me out.

Thanks for the compliment all.

Really appreciate it.
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by greatgod2012(f): 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
Baba Oyo:

Really deep my sister.

I love the name too.

But what? LOL

Something tragic must have happened before thinking of the proverb/name.
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 9:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
greatgod2012:

RR, you see what you have caused, I can't but thank you for this.
God bless all of us.

Amen sis.
I believe all things happen for good for those who believe!!!
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by mysticgal(f): 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
Royal Roy:

mysticgirl.....am not hooked am not single. leaving a free life and enjoying every bit of it.

Blushing.....this man called Baba Oyo really sourced me out.

Thanks for the compliment all.

Really appreciate it.

hmm,so what kind of serenade do ya do,,,,mexican,spanish,english,indian,hausa or yoruba
and please don't blush because i don't have a brushundecided cool
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Les: 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
Royal Roy: Oh ohhh!!

Alhaji you are Baba Oyo?

What?

Mehn....I didn't think you noticed my top.

Short of words.
Thanks all. You are appreciated.

***runs off
some people made Hitler their role model before and even after his deeds.
some people make tuface their role model too even after illegally putting various women in a family way.
alot more make psquare their role model even after the vulgar words they use in music. I'm not really someone who notice peoples behavior, I notice people by their relative accomplishments.
To cut long story short because I'm taking my dinner sha it makes me proud to make you my role model and even more proud that I'm the only one who has... I'm..... Am.touched to the spirits, trust me, I'll emulate you.
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
mysticgal:

hmm,so what kind of serenade do ya do,,,,mexican,spanish,english,indian,hausa or yoruba
and please don't blush because i don't have a brushundecided cool

Lol....you are making sweet sense
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by r231(m): 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
Royal Roy:

Ashewo grin

Nice one bro
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
r231:

Ashewo grin

Nice one bro

My chairman!!!!

LOL
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
r231:

Ashewo grin

Nice one bro
Magnetic pull!
So powerful!
I lv as it pulled u to this place.

How far r231?
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by r231(m): 10:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Magnetic pull!
So powerful!
I lv as it pulled u to this place.

How far r231?

Madam I don go fun house go look for you I no find you

I dey o
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by mysticgal(f): 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
Royal Roy:

where will i render the speacial number na
r231:

Ashewo grin

Nice one bro

bro no jeloxy tenkangry
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
Baba Oyo: I saw a username. just below now.

Ileobatojo

Am really interested in how you came about it.

Have. an ancient tale about how the phrase Ile Oba to Jo came to be.
I really don't knw much about this baba oyo nd roy,buh am loving dem for reals,sure baba oyo found favour cos e has always been a good man grin
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Maipride(f): 11:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
Royal Roy......... smiley smiley smiley Bless you Ejire.
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Tinkybabe(f): 12:01am On Oct 19, 2013
@Royal Roy,you be geek? angryWhy the professor like spectacles now

You are sha an amazing man,keep up the giving spirit smiley

Baba Oyo,still can't believe this is you-not a single yoruba proverb?please come back with them,I love reading them.
A kò lè tìtorí pé ọ̀nà jìn kí a wà padà sẹ́yìn [It's crucial that you continue what you started tongue]
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by jumzzy448: 12:42am On Oct 19, 2013
God bless you RR. I don't know you oo, but I do have this feelings that you are a good person even before reading baba oyo's post. Once again, God bless you.
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 19, 2013
Ok now I want to know what Ileobatojo mean. cheesy

Otherwise...

I will interpret it myself o and my Yoruba is atrocious. cool whatever you people's eyes see, take it like that o. grin

Ile - house
Oba- king
To Jo - dance

House of king that dances. grin
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Nobody: 2:47am On Oct 19, 2013
stillwater: Ok now I want to know what Ileobatojo mean. cheesy

Otherwise...

I will interpret it myself o and my Yoruba is atrocious. cool whatever you people's eyes see, take it like that o. grin

Ile - house
Oba- king
To Jo - dance

House of king that dances. grin

grin grin grin

'Jo' in this case is 'burn'

Ileobatojo (the king's palace that burns), ewalobusi (it leads to more beauty)

*If the king's palace burns, it only leads to the building of a better, more beautiful palace.*

Meaning when something sad/bad happens, it gives an opportunity for a better thing to happen, or something along those lines. Pardon my poor translation! grin

As to which King's story the saying originated from, don't ask me o. Waiting for baba Oyo to give me the gist.
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by BabaOyo(m): 3:56am On Oct 19, 2013
^^^^^ You tried with your explanation.

Ile Oba to Jo, ewa lo bu kun!!

Literally, it means when the king's house got burnt, it added more beauty to the the king's house.

Realistically, the meaning is simply.....every dissapointment is a blessing in disguise!!!

Back in the centuries of our fore fathers, there was a king in yorubaland who was very good and nice to his people. He had the best of their interest at heart. He was well loved.
Someday, there was a war which ravaged his kingdom and everything got burnt including the palace.

He fled with his people into the wilderness for protection. He was devastated and he fell sick.

In a while, word went round that the Oba who had served his people dilligently was not feeling too well. And back then a king must not die outside his palace.

The people mustered all they had and decided to build the good king a new palace far away from home.

In record time, they built a new palace bigger and better than the one which got burnt. He got extra rooms, extra large compound and new furnitures donated from all the adjoining villages.

The Oba got so impressed and he got well.
The first statement he made after standing from his sick bed was Ile Oba to jo, ewa lo bu si

That was the origin of that statement.

Does anyone know the name of the king in history? Waiting!!!!
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by BabaOyo(m): 4:01am On Oct 19, 2013
Tinkybabe: @Royal Roy,you be geek? angryWhy the professor like spectacles now

You are sha an amazing man,keep up the giving spirit smiley

Baba Oyo,still can't believe this is you-not a single yoruba proverb?please come back with them,I love reading them.

A kò lè tìtorí pé ọ̀nà jìn kí a wà padà sẹ́yìn

[It's crucial that you continue what you started tongue]

Tinkybabe, am impressed with your computer/phone. For giving a detailed and well written Yoruba with all the signs on it. I must upgrade.
Hmmmm.....Tekinology!!!!! Amazing
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by greatgod2012(f): 6:19am On Oct 19, 2013
Oh! This thread again!
I'm soooo loving it!

What a small world!

It's a confirmation that this world is actually a small place! So, if you like, be nice, if you like, don't, nothing shall be unrewarded.

A'toore, a'tika, okan kii gbe.

May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 19, 2013
grin
Baba Oyo: ^^^^^ You tried with your explanation.

Literally, it means when the king's house got burnt, it added more beauty to the the king's house.

Realistically, the meaning is simply.....every dissapointment is a blessing in disguise!!!

Back in the centuries of our fore fathers, there was a king in yorubaland who was very good and nice to his people. He had the best of their interest at heart. He was well loved.
Someday, there was a war which ravaged his kingdom and everything got burnt including the palace.

He fled with his people into the wilderness for protection. He was devastated and he fell sick.

In a while, word went round that the Oba who had served his people dilligently was not feeling too well. And back then a king must not die outside his palace.

The people mustered all they had and decided to build the good king a new palace far away from home.

In record time, they built a new palace bigger and better than the one which got burnt. He got extra rooms, extra large compound and new furnitures donated from all the adjoining villages.

The first statement he made after standing from his sick bed was Ile Oba to jo, ewa lo bu si

waited patiently for this story,baba oyo,ah wee follow u till I grow old,yoruba ix xo kool ehnn,baba oyo,whr precicsely are you from oyo gan
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by ayde: 10:28am On Oct 19, 2013
It's really a small world smiley

Royal Roy thanks for extending your hand of kindness to Baba Oyo...and to think that you didn't know "Alhaji" was a Nairalander who already had an idea who you were!

This just shows that our character, both in the real and virtual world, could go a long way. You never know who the person standing next to you is.

It baffles me how some on here who tag themselves e-warriors could rain insults on another poster just because they share difference in opinions undecided. It may be a faceless forum, but not really faceless afterall.

With RR, you can tell he is a nice guy from his posts. Baba Oyo too, to mama oyo and awon omo oyo :p and that's why they were able to sync in the first place.

Spread the love around! smiley

Food for thought - What do your comments/or posts tell us about you. Think about it.
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Tinkybabe(f): 10:41am On Oct 19, 2013
Baba Oyo:

Tinkybabe, am impressed with your computer/phone. For giving a detailed and well written Yoruba with all the signs on it. I must upgrade.
Hmmmm.....Tekinology!!!!! Amazing

Hahaha..it isn't technology per se-

How to insert a special character into a document?

Click to open Character Map by going to Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Character Map.

Click the Font list, and then click the font you want to use.

Click the special character you want to insert into the document.

Click Select, and then click Copy.

Open your document and click the location in the document where you want the special character to appear.

Click the Edit menu, and then click Paste

And why should my device get credit for my hardwork
angry
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2013
Baba Oyo: ^^^^^ You tried with your explanation.

This is 2 sweet!
Pls more!

I just lv stories like this.
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2013
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by raqueal(f): 11:11am On Oct 19, 2013
Stories like this restores my faith in humanity. Baba Oyo, do not forget to pay it forward. It's a chain Royal Roy started and it might just come back to you someday.

Its amazing that this man trying to raise money for that young girl and hermother on the other thread showed love to another total stranger. RR, God bless you.
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Les: 11:19am On Oct 19, 2013
chaircover: On a serious note we have serious issues in the banking system in Nigeria and we just accept it. How can a bank be down for 4 hours!!!!!! They should be ashamed of themselves >sad

Nigerians pay so much in banking charges and the banks rake in Zillions but get a crappy service and no one cares. The problem is all the banks offer the same service so there is no incentive for them to do better.

I was in a bank the other day and a customer was complaining loudly that the system was down yet once again. I couldn't believe it when the banker turned round and told the man to calm down and doesn't his phone network provider have issues sometimes undecided

Banks should better start spreading the love around . . . nonsense. >sad
see Cc de vex so o, cheesy we're used to it
. That's their own way of showing love : ie, delaying us for hours and entertaining us with network failures undecided pele o?
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 19, 2013
Les: see Cc de vex so o, cheesy we're used to it
. That's their own way of showing love : ie, delaying us for hours and entertaining us with network failures undecided pele o?
U guys r just too funny.
What works in naija anyway?

CC, sorry naw.
Atm machine don chop my card when I needed money in d middle of nowhere one saturday morning. It was a very sweet xperience that day.
Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2013

2 Likes

Re: I Met A Man!!!! by tpia5: 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2013
Hope he also helped the other people who got stuck that day.

1 Like

Re: I Met A Man!!!! by Les: 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
U guys r just too funny.
What works in naija anyway?

CC, sorry naw.
Atm machine don chop my card when I needed money in d middle of nowhere one saturday morning. It was a very sweet xperience that day.
chop?? shocked like ate and swallowed it?? Dammm! CC take note o, I bet our 9ja atm never see foreign atm before, Dem go like experiment on it cool you can thank me later.. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This / Where Are You Crazy About In Your House? / Women And "50 Shades Of Grey" Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.