Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Creation Of A New Ethnic Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Creation Of A New Ethnic Group (4651 Views)

The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria / Which Ethnic Group Is The Majority In South South Geo Political Zone / “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 5:01am On Jun 09, 2006
For all those interested in One Nigeria, here is a nice way to go about doing it. However, please be warned, the methods advised for this reality would be a little heavy handed. This is a 7 step solution to creation of an ethnic group which we will refer to as Nigerian.

Steps are:

1) Ban teaching of all traditional languages and pre-Independence history in the nations public schools.
2) Create tremendous incentives for people to relocate to non-indigenous regions of the country and use state media to promote cross ethnic marriages.
3) Create and enforce an anti-inflammatory law that would ban all ethnic/religious speech in public.
4) Alter the events of the Nigerian civil war by replacing the Igbos with foreign fighters from Cameroun. This would also be a nice rallying point for nationalism.
5) Charge and execute those that promote religious and ethnic violence.
6) Promote a circular society that shuns religion as a means of relieving religious tensions.
7) Ban all traditional garments from government jobs. And use the State controlled media to demonize traditional Garments. People would quickly begin wearing western style outfits only.

Once these steps are completed, in 30 years or less you would have a brown new ethnic group. However, you must enforce them with the full might of the nation. Any half assed attempt would only lead to more problems.

Let me know that you guys think about this idea. And note, I am aware that by implementing this policy, thousands of years of culture and heritage would be loss. However, consider it a necessary evil that will end up being for the benefit of the country.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by Jakumo(m): 5:12am On Jun 09, 2006
A bit heavy-handed and whimsical as you concede, Afeni, but I agree wholeheartedly with the theme that religion in general is not so much the opium of the masses as it is the lit match held to a gunpowder keg which has ignited far more bloodshed worldwide than any other single contributory factor.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 5:16am On Jun 09, 2006
Jakumo, I understand what you mean. It is a very heavy handed method. This is something that the military should have done in the 39 years or so that they were in power. They should have made the entire country a symbol of what it is a proper military is supposed to be. United, loyal, disciplined, and lacking of individual identity. All for one and one for all, in short.

I think this is something that Buhari might have been able to have done but too bad that the retard they call IBB seized power from him. If Buhari had ruled Nigeria for 20 years or more, we would have the strongest economy on the entire continent. Similar to how Rawlins ruled Ghana and did wonders for their economy. The average Ghanaian now makes 2.5 times as the average Nigerian and their infrastructure is in a lot better shape.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by Jakumo(m): 5:35am On Jun 09, 2006
Afeni my own opinion diverges very sharply from yours on the issue of Buhari's track record as Nigeria's military dictator during his reign of terror in the 1980's.  Mr. Buhari jailed without trial far too many INNOCENT Nigerians whose only crime was voicing legitimate concern about the totalitarian nature of the Buhari regime.  Quite a few of those jailed prisoners of conscience quietly died of medical neglect and torture while in detention, and to me this fact alone qualifies Buhari as a conceited and sadistic despot, irrespective of his stated good intentions for Nigeria.

The old saying goes that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and Buhari's regime would have secured a place for Nigeria in the hottest part of hell were it not for the intervention of Babangida who was no angel himself, but who nonetheless opened up the dungeons to free the innocent while also showing a lot more humanity and respect for civil rights than did the scowling Buhari and his mindless lap-dog, the late and unlamented General Idiagbon.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 5:45am On Jun 09, 2006
You should read this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Rawlings

It tells you a bit about what Rawlings did for Ghana. By every account, the man is a monster, but his strict reforms and nonchalant attitude to the spilling of blood led to the economic miracle in Ghana. Remember that at the time Rawlings took power, thousands of Ghanaians were flooding into Nigeria because their economy was so bad. Now they are enjoying constant electricity and a GDP per capita that is over twice that of Nigeria's.

Like they say, the road to prosperity is paved in blood. Now, if only the blood that is intended to pave that road is not wasted, all would be well.

In fact, when I read about Rawlings acts that is popularly regarded as "reign of terror" my stomach was turning in disgust. However, extreme problems calls for extreme measures. lipsrsealed
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by mrmayor(m): 8:42am On Jun 09, 2006
Afeni,
You have are quite an interesting guy with an open mind, its actually possible to implement some of your ideas but Nigerians would kill you if you mess with their imported foreign religions.They would finish you with violent prayers grin
I totally support the ban of African parachute aka agbada,babariga from government offices,
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 8:51am On Jun 09, 2006
mrmayor, I understand what you mean. The policy I mentioned above really should have been the focus of the military dictatorship. Under a democratic system, it is really risky ground. However, as for the hard-core religious crowd that we have in Nigeria, once the economy starts picking up, they will die out. Remember, people only remember God when things get bad. cheesy

I am happy to see that you support the ban on the traditional attire. Honestly, I have no idea what Obasonjo is thinking when he attends foreign countries dressed like a masquerade. It just makes Nigeria seem unwilling to adapt to the changing global environment. lipsrsealed
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by ajia23(m): 10:11am On Jun 09, 2006
A quintessential case of neo-colonialism. You are all robbed of your cultural identities. To colonise a people, the first thing you require is to cut them from their cultural roots. I see the Americans have done a good job to brainwash you all completely, now it is unfashionable to wear your own local wear? Wonders shall never end.

All your plots are nothing short of a very wild dreaming streak thatcannot be actualised in 100 lifetimes. Thankfully, the NBC saw it fit to deny Nigerians the opportunity to be deculturalised by banning the airing or rebroadcast of foreign TV on terrestrial TV stations. And as a consequence, Nigerians still have a lot of their cultural values. You on the other hand my friends have not been that lucky.

I wish you goodluck in your self indulgence and ululation in the hope that you will find your Utopian state one day. Have you not already found it?
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 10:15am On Jun 09, 2006
ajia23, clearly the ethnic heritage of Nigerians is fueling the divisions that has the country on the brink of destruction. Hence, making Nigeria into a single ethnic nation by the policies listed above is exactly the way to go if you want one Nigeria. Honestly, I understand your point. It sucks that we are killing off our history, but everything comes at a cost. For advancement to occur, we must do what is right for the country. We must work as a team. What better way to do that than creating a new ethnic group that is a forced-fusion of the current ethnic groups in the country?
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by ajia23(m): 10:32am On Jun 09, 2006
And ur suggestion of a suitable ethnic group or culture is to adopt the values of the whiteman? You still have yet to prove your point.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 10:38am On Jun 09, 2006
ajia, you out of all people have no room to talk. Mr "I am ready die to keep Nigeria one!". So, judging by your comments, you are willing to die to preserve the abomination created by the British, but you are not willing to sacrifice your cultural heritage to ensure that the Abomination you are willing to die for gets better?

Either you are speaking out of emotion, or your priorities are crewed. Also, in case you didn't know, the cultural heritage of Nigerians is, and will continue to die as long as Nigeria remains one. I have lived in Nigeria for most of my life (In Lagos), and I cannot speak Yoruba. I am not the only one too. All I can do is say are simple commands and minor translations.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by food4tot: 10:43am On Jun 09, 2006
a wise thing to do would be to redefine Ethnicity and compound words like "State of Origin"

Ethnicity: Your choice in terms of culture, language, affiliation and inclination.
State of Origin: The state of your birth.

I dont support the idea of getting rid of your language for english. We could find a common language in Pidgin English though.

We fit call am pigin, how you see am? Dat one na awa own, no baga for dis world fit say nay english be dat, we fit make am our identity. Make we vote pidgin as d officia yarnings.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 10:56am On Jun 09, 2006
No. Pidgin is too close to regular English. It would make us appear like we are stupid to speak proper English.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by wiseguy(m): 10:57am On Jun 09, 2006
No way. We dont need to erode our culture and values to achieve oneness. What we need to do is to adopt a common lingua franca like pidgin english or any other one that almost every body understands . After all, France, China, russia and most other countries still speak their language even in diplomatic circles. Why can't we project a common language like pidgin english just like US projected their own type of english. But again in all, any country that neglects its root is dead. If you dont know where you are going, atleast know where you are coming from.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 11:02am On Jun 09, 2006
wiseguy, American English is over 99.99 percent identical to British English. The only words that are different that I know of are color and defence.

And we should not adopt Pidgin English. Only moronic area boys use that crappy language. We must project an image of intelligence, and thats why we would use standard English. In regardless of if it makes us appear like defeatist or not.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by Drusilla(f): 11:06am On Jun 09, 2006
Afeni,

How many times a day do you rise to give praise to your own arm?

I can not see how Europeans with Blackskin can appeal to anybody.

By all means, just kill off the people and make the whole place into a Zoo, apparently the animals will be the only thing interesting and unique in Africa, after you are done wiping out the languages, attire and culture.

Europeans/Americans have an old town that follows the old ways, and they make the town into a tourist spot, run groups through there to stay in the old houses and see the old ways.

Africans have far older traditions being carried out and wants to wipe them out?

Apparently this EuroAfrica you want to make Africa into will be one big and uninteresting arm of Europe.

Nobody gets up and remembers to praise their arm.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by food4tot: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2006
Well, pigin is my compromise. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices I would rather adopt pigin than get rid of a local language to make way for a completely foreign one.

and we dont have to spell it "pidgin".
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 11:12am On Jun 09, 2006
Drusilla, sorry, I am not quite sure that you mean by "praise to your arm"?

As for the uninteresting place, whatever. Better to be successful than to be unique.

And no, doing both is not possible. And we know this because all African countries that failed to conform have ended up failing.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 11:16am On Jun 09, 2006
food4tot, I bet you have abandoned the traditional Gods for precious Jesus or Muhamed. It is funny seeing sell-out degenerates such as yourself open your mouth to comment on preservation of culture. If you are Yoruba, Orumilla was part of your culture. Do you still worship him? No, of course you don't. You have found your precious foreign Gods.

So, if you can change something as important as religion based of no proof at all, then surely, we can change our language in favor of a more widely spoken one.

If you want to truly talk about preserving culture, give up your goddam foreign Gods.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by food4tot: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2006
Afeni:

wiseguy, American English is over 99.99 percent identical to British English. The only words that are different that I know of are color and defence.

And we should not adopt Pidgin English. Only moronic area boys use that crappy language. We must project an image of intelligence, and thats why we would use standard English. In regardless of if it makes us appear like defeatist or not.

You are a product of your environment that is why you said it is for moronic area boys. You should look into the history of your sophisticated english you will find out it is as moronic too.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by food4tot: 11:19am On Jun 09, 2006
undecided
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 11:20am On Jun 09, 2006
Answer one more question for me. What is your religion, and where did it come from?
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by food4tot: 11:23am On Jun 09, 2006
Afeni:

food4tot, I bet you have abandoned the traditional Gods for precious Jesus or Muhamed. It is funny seeing sell-out degenerates such as yourself open your mouth to comment on preservation of culture. If you are Yoruba, Orumilla was part of your culture. Do you still worship him? No, of course you don't. You have found your precious foreign Gods.

So, if you can change something as important as religion based of no proof at all, then surely, we can change our language in favor of a more widely spoken one.

If you want to truly talk about preserving culture, give up your goddam foreign Gods.

Afeni:

Answer one more question for me. What is your religion, and where did it come from?

why would you like to know? You are either a mole to sow discord or just plain tribalist. You know not what you hold esteem, your values have become erroded, you seem to have lost a sense of direction and you are disillusioned

. . . but I still like you. Stay more on this forum and you will develop a balanced mind. That is my mission for bright young lads like you.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by wiseguy(m): 11:24am On Jun 09, 2006
What am saying is that we need a unique language.  A language that all Nigerians can understand and speak fluently. It must not be pidgin but I doudt if there's any common language that serve that purpose for nigerians except pidgin and we must not call it pidgin. we can call it naija for example.

Again there are numerous differences b/w American and standard english. I accept that they are very close but we dont need anything like that. After all, pidgin too has some concoctions of standard english. we must not do it to please anybody or country. It is about what will be convenient for Nigerians and not what we please any other country or UN. I doudt if any country that adopted their language consulted Nigeria b4 doing so.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 11:27am On Jun 09, 2006
Food4tot, whats the matter? Afraid of a little question?

Thats exactly what I thought. You are an even bigger sell-out than I am. While I advocate total support and use of the English language, you instead opt out to use some butchered version of it that was put together by the very elements of society that we try to avoid. You then turn around and shun our traditional Gods in favor of your precious cross around your neck, or visit your holy mosque to face and bow down to Mecca.

While I sell-out, I have a valid reason to. You, on the other hand, sell out without having any proof of valid gain.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by Damsal(f): 11:31am On Jun 09, 2006
i don't actually accept your idea of placing a ban on cultural outfits as it creates a loss of identity. Nigeria is divided into 3 cultural ethnic groups and you have to realise even through differences people can work together they only have to learn to compromise which is one of nigeria's biggest problems. You can't tell a white man in the mist of African's that because he is in the mist of African's he has to dress like one it does not work like that. But i accept the religious part of things some people take religion way too far. angry
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by LiquidMind(m): 11:31am On Jun 09, 2006
Let us tell our masters  the British-govt  that we are giving up for everything as a nation.

Europe and America. Please we are tired of our culture  and tradition and way of life
come and take over us.

WILL THE ABOVE SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS ??      I  wondering  OOh
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 11:33am On Jun 09, 2006
Damsal, there are 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 11:34am On Jun 09, 2006
LiquidMind, I think you are taking my ideas a little too far. I am not implying we give up our sovereignty.
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by Damsal(f): 11:36am On Jun 09, 2006
okay my bad not. But does that make any difference it's, cooperation we need and that's not happening
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by DaHitler(m): 11:42am On Jun 09, 2006
Yes, Damsal, it is cooperation we need. Hence the reason why we must create a new ethnic group. You see, naturally, countries are formed with a Majority and several Minorities. However, Nigeria is formed with all Minorities. So, in short, there is no ethnic group in Nigeria that has more than 25 percent of the nations population. Igbos, Hausas and Yorubas combined barely make it to the 60 percent mark. That is one of the reason Nigeria has so many problem.

This ethnic divide is hurting our country. Take for instance the fact that there is an oil pipeline that runs hundreds of miles from Niger-Delta all the way up to kaduna so it can be refined. Do you know why it was built? Because the Northern military men wanted to make sure the Hausas operated the refineries. If Nigeria had only one Ethnic group, the refinery would have been built no more than 10 miles from the site the oil was being extracted from. This would have saved the country 10s of millions of Nigeria. This is only one of the few cases of Ethnicity ruining the country.

Now, my solution to this country is to promote policy that would lead to the creation of a single ethnic group in 20-30 years. Is that not an honorable cause?
Re: Creation Of A New Ethnic Group by Damsal(f): 11:44am On Jun 09, 2006
the thing that pisses me off the most about people who discuss about the present condition of nigeria. Is they all believe that something needs to be changed yet where are they? abroad or overseas, and they complain about everything going on in Nigeria(Including myself), yet when it comes to something being done about it they do nothing beacuse they are quite comfortable in another man's country and majority of them have no intention of going back home. If you are going to fight a cause be ready to do it whole heartedly i think we all learn a thing or two from Nelson Mandela

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Big No To United States Of Africa. / Gunmen Attack Ex-militant Country Home In Bayelsa / Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.