Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

A Big No To United States Of Africa. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Big No To United States Of Africa. (4710 Views)

How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess / President Jonathan Relocate Family To United Kingdom Ahead Of 2015. / President Jonathan Heads To United Kingdom On A Private Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Big No To United States Of Africa. by thabo(m): 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2007
Hell no to the concept of United States of Africa. I'm speaking from the side of South Africa. This is a bad idea, I'm just imagining the open borders people from Zimbabwe, Zambia, Angola etc flocking to our shores. It is not that I don't like other African but the value of our lives will decline rapidly. If all the countries were economically stable and also if there no stupid civil wars in Africa we as South Africa and propably Nigeria we wouldn't have minded establishing the United States of Africa. Just imagine open borders with the likes of DRC, Sudan etc. HELL NO
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by denex: 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2007
Speak for the late Botha my friend, Thabo Mbeki is the one pestering Nigeria, Senegal and Egypt towards a United Africa.

Abeg Naija, make una fashy dis baroof kolo wey wan maga himself.

1 Like

Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by nguage(m): 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2007
I disagree. its not going to work, the white man will colonize our black as*es again.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by thabo(m): 1:10pm On Jul 23, 2007
Denex you're wrong dude, Gaddafi and Senegal are the one's who are pestering South Africa. In fact why don't you form your USA then we'll have two countries, South Africa and the United State of Africa. That would be nice
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by denex: 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2007
Ghadaffi never wanted any African Unity. He was just trying to garner support for Libya while it was being threatened by non-African countries. Now that Libya is under no serious threat, Ghadaffi will be the one giving conditions under which he'll join. Thabo Mbeki is right now in the forefront of African Unity.

www.au2002.gov.za/docs/speeches/mbeki030523.htm

http://www.au2002.gov.za/docs/speeches/mbek030523.htm

check out who said what.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by thabo(m): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2007
You don't understand Mbeki was just trying to bring Africa on par with Europe but what can he achieve if you have people like Gaddafi and Denex. There is a difference between USA and AU. You guys are such fools don't you see that South Africa is an imperialist. You are now being colonised by South Africa. Look at SABC Africa, MTN,VODACOM etc. Hell no to USA.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by denex: 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2007
Oh? Now South Africa is no more the lovely benevolent rich and glorious country anymore? They are now imperialist. They are no more the good guys, they are now the bad guys?

Don't worry we want South Africa to Imperialise us economically. It is better for our fellow Africans to get rich off us that those bastard Gringos.

We're keeping the wealth in the Continent. Ain't a thing wrong. I forgot to let you know that a South African Company now owns more than 51% of Power Production in Nigeria and we're so loving it.

You're beginning to show yourself as an apprentice divide and conquer artiste. You still have a long way to go and a lot to learn in your field of work.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by Panadol(m): 3:16pm On Jul 23, 2007
The name alone is just stupid [United States of Africa]. Please come up with a creative name.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by achong(m): 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2007
its horrible to be united to a country like libya,there are too hot for african brothers
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by denex: 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2007
Don't mind these clowns. I wonder where they've heard any African Leader use the words "United States of Africa". Some people will just not think outside the box. Some will soon come up with ASIA (African System of International Alliance) or FIFA (Formation of International Federation of Africa). That is how some backward Africans have chosen to think and they wonder why anything they put their hands to is always third-class.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by buffead(f): 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2007
hell no united of africa ko united of africa ni
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2007
denex:

Ghadaffi never wanted any African Unity.

denex:

Speak for the late Botha my friend, Thabo Mbeki is the one pestering Nigeria, Senegal and Egypt towards a United Africa.

Dont misinform the public.

Gaddafi dreams of leading US of Africa
By Mike Pflanz in Nairobi
Last Updated: 1:58am BST 02/07/2007

Colonel Gaddafi yesterday called for the creation of a "United States of Africa", and appeared to be positioning himself to be its first leader.

The Libyan leader's outburst came as the continent's 53 heads of state gathered for an African Union (AU) summit in Accra, the capital of Ghana.

Flanked by his usual coterie of female bodyguards and wearing a shirt covered in images of African presidents, he said: "My vision is to wake up the African leaders to unify our continent. Long live the United States of Africa. Long live African unity."

But critics, angered at Mr Gaddafi's grandstanding, said that the gathering should focus on Zimbabwe, Darfur and Somalia, and upon the continent's chronic corruption and poverty.

Privately, officials from Africa's leading economies, including Nigeria, South Africa and Kenya, were said to be distancing themselves from Mr Gaddafi's statements.

The AU is currently the only continent-wide body. But despite promises made at its last summit in January, only Uganda has sent troops to a peacekeeping mission in Somalia, which is still looking for 6,500 troops.

Meanwhile, the AU mission in Darfur is so chronically underfunded it is seen as all but useless.

Reports show that only seven of the AU's members are up to date with their annual payments to the organisation.

In addition, a study by Ernst and Young, the accountants, claimed that more than £1.5 million had gone missing following an AU conference for African academics last year.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by ebos(m): 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2007
European Union (EU) - African Union (AU)

Uinited States of America (USA) - United States of Africa (USA)

Africans will not stop imitating. How far will this go with Africa's shoddy economic background.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by champredd(m): 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2007
ebos:

European Union (EU) - African Union (AU)

Uinited States of America (USA) - United States of Africa (USA)

Africans will not stop imitating. How far will this go with Africa's shoddy economic background.
U just crack the code, Africans must stop imitating if we want to develop. We must start doing things our own way instead of copying from other systems that have been used and abandoned after they have developed new ones.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by denex: 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2007
@davidylan

Have you noticed Ghadaffi is attaching a condition to his USA? He wants to be made its ruler. Who the hell is going to make Ghadaffi the Life Emperor of Africa?

He knows he doesn't need any USA right now that's why he is demanding an impossible condition. He has made his peace with his enemies and does not need to hide under an African cloak anymore. All he's putting up right now is just a facade.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 23, 2007
denex:

@davidylan

Have you noticed Ghadaffi is attaching a condition to his USA? He wants to be made its ruler. Who the hell is going to make Ghadaffi the Life Emperor of Africa?

He knows he doesn't need any USA right now that's why he is demanding an impossible condition. He has made his peace with his enemies and does not need to hide under an African cloak anymore. All he's putting up right now is just a facade.

Rather than admit your mistake you are struggling desperately to spin another unfounded conspiracy theory to weave your way out of it.

what condition is he attaching? you only attach a condition if you are being forced or begged to accept what you don't want. Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa - the largest economies in Africa DO NOT WANT A US of Africa so how can ghaddafi be attaching conditions to them?
ghaddafi's secret ambition is to rule over an entire African continent period.

moreover, ghaddafi has only been posturing, he has never come out openly to declare any conditions. Please post links to back up your theory.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by denex: 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2007
@davidylan

you have already parted the quote. Why don't you paste the link to that quote? Therein lies your answer. Action speaks louder than words and you're telling me the man is "posturing".

Was Obasanjo not "posturing" about 3rd term. Please just leave me alone. I don't have your time today.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2007
denex:

@davidylan

you have already parted the quote. Why don't you paste the link to that quote? Therein lies your answer. Action speaks louder than words and you're telling me the man is "posturing".

Was Obasanjo not "posturing" about 3rd term. Please just leave me alone. I don't have your time today.

seriously neither do i, just STOP misinforming others to sound intelligent. If you have no knowledge of an issue it is not a matter of experdiency that you must contribute to it.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by denex: 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2007
To think of whom this is coming from. Or are you forgetting which ID you're using right now?
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by champredd(m): 7:07pm On Jul 23, 2007
I have no argument for US of Africa.

Let's strenghten ECOWAS and we will see results ECOWAS is as big as (or probably bigger) than EU. We are the most populous and richest in mineral deposits.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by doyin13(m): 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2007
All this amalgamation.

I dont like it o

This portends the end times

And I am the biggest blasphemous sinner of them all grin
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by angolag(m): 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2007
I don't appreciate this as this will mean Nigeria becoming a state and not a country.Our resources will also be used to develope other countries who know nothing about the the outcome of this wealth.I don't think it will be that easy anyway,
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by naijaway(m): 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2007
Nigeria doesn't have nothing to loose in a united Africa, it will only make the Nigeria's real estate higher but in the big picture we the citizens will be everywhere in Africa and gaining access to things we could have never gained. The truth is that the advantages of a united Africa is alot compared to the disadvantages.
A few advantages are:
-We will all build together so that nobody claims they have more and even if one wants to claim they have more Nigeria will be among the top.
-We will be able to build and fortify the infrastructures now that is not too late.
-we will have one of the largest military hopefully they will be dedicated, respectful, and trained with our resources.
-Traditional rulers will be threatened by laws and common people.
-They will be more anger, fighters, and solutions in Sudan.
-The rule of law will be applied to all involved and no safe heaven for anyone that is a fugitive in the society.
-Our soccer team will always be all stars.
-Nigeria is getting too compacted so this wll be a relieve without fear of loosing your identity.
-they will be land reforms across borders.
-It will be the most thoughtful thing we did for people of the next century, the next generation, the generation beginning from 2050 and up.

A few disadvantages are:
-the arabs have another agenda ie land grabs, imperial agendas like language and religion, and to help harbor terrorists.
-corruption and the initial threats of wars amongs people.
-The people procastinating for this are mainly dictactors and crooks.

Another thing is that imitating syndromme we have like nollywood, united states of Africa, AU , etc, some people already made a point on these names. I would rather that united states of Africa become another name probably/like "Greater Africa" without the arab side.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by denex: 10:20pm On Jul 23, 2007
None of the countries will become a "state" just like none of the countries in the UK became states and none of the countries in the EU has become a state.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 23, 2007
denex:

To think of whom this is coming from. Or are you forgetting which ID you're using right now?

hmmm it will be better to keep quiet instead of saying what you know nothing about. Perhaps you were refering to someone else.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by denex: 12:09am On Jul 24, 2007
@davidylan

It would be better for you to keep quiet than bring evidence then oppose it a couple of minutes later.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 24, 2007
denex:

@davidylan

It would be better for you to keep quiet than bring evidence then oppose it a couple of minutes later.

you're making an incoherent babble. you made a statement that was COMPLETELY FALSE! I corrected you and you started ur usual jamboree of half truths and deciet! Point out to me where i brought evidence and opposed it, i hate vague accusations just hanging in the air just because you must have something to counter back.

Its simple, if you thot you were right PROVE IT! i didnt insult you, merely produced EVIDENCE to thrash your claims. Pls extend the same to me when net you feel the need to respond.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by denex: 12:46am On Jul 24, 2007
@davidylan

what brought about an issue of insults? Or are you about to begin?

You pasted part of a document which stated that Ghaddafi was positioning himself to be the leader of the USA at its inception.

You also stated on your own that Ghaddafi's secret ambition was to rule over an entire African continent.

I am saying that Ghaddafi does not want the "USA" so he's trying to attach impossible conditions to it. Who will make him president? Do you think he believes he can be the ruler of Africa?

He's making his peace with the US and Europe and doesn't need all that African jamboree anymore.

Now you're telling me to show links of my theory and saying that Ghaddafi did not say he wants to be President.

Na you talk say he wants to be president, then you want to back it up by saying he didn't say it.

See, Ghaddafi only wanted to have a united Africa when Libya faced insecurity due to issues with the US, Europe and their allies. No he's made his peace with these countries Ghaddafi does not care if the rest of Africa evaporates into thin air.

I don't know what else to say to you. I'm dedicating my time to other issues on other threads. I don't have the time for drawing the type of long arguments you like to engage in. But if you insist, I will.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 24, 2007
denex:

@davidylan

what brought about an issue of insults? Or are you about to begin?

i'm struggling to keep this exchange insult free, dont accuse me of multiple ID fraud if you have no proof.

denex:

I am saying that Ghaddafi does not want the "USA" so he's trying to attach impossible conditions to it. Who will make him president? Do you think he believes he can be the ruler of Africa?

to start with, u're trying to muddle everything up to cover your own obvious errors. You said;

a. South Africa through Thabo Mbeki is pushing for the USA when infact he alongside Nigeria and Kenya were among the staunchest opponents to the proposition at the last AU meeting. An error you are struggling not to take responsibility for rather hiding behind vague statements.

b. you claim gaddafi is trying to "attach impossible conditions" to forming a USA. A claim that has been punctured with the FACT that gaddafi himself has for more than the last 10yrs been the brain behind the call for the USA. How can gaddafi be attaching impossible conditions to an idea to is unpopular among the leading African nations?

denex:

He's making his peace with the US and Europe and doesn't need all that African jamboree anymore.

His call for the formation of the USA had absolutely NOTHING to do with his problem with the US and Europe so this doesnt hold water.

denex:

Now you're telling me to show links of my theory and saying that Ghaddafi did not say he wants to be President.

You said that thabo mbeki was secretly pushing for the USA WITHOUT PROOF.
You said gaddafi was attaching impossible conditions to supporting the USA WITHOUT PROOF.

All i ask is that when next you make such false claims you at least attempt to back them up with hard evidence.

denex:

Na you talk say he wants to be president, then you want to back it up by saying he didn't say it.

I never said so, to categorically declare that he wants to be president of an entity that has not even been agreed upon is vastly different from "posturing".

denex:

See, Ghaddafi only wanted to have a united Africa when Libya faced insecurity due to issues with the US, Europe and their allies. No he's made his peace with these countries Ghaddafi does not care if the rest of Africa evaporates into thin air.

Without evidence, this is no more than a verbose conspiracy theory that cannot hold water. Did gaddafi require a USA to help him deal with his insecurity issues with the US and Europe?
Gaddafi's ONLY problem was his refusal to hand over the 2 Libyan terrorists accused of having ties to the 1989 Lockerbie bombing in Scotland. What would have been the use of the USA here?

denex:

I don't know what else to say to you. I'm dedicating my time to other issues on other threads. I don't have the time for drawing the type of long arguments you like to engage in. But if you insist, I will.

neither do i have time to argue with you considering i'm also busy. I will however not stand by and watch you misinform the public.
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by omoge(f): 1:33am On Jul 24, 2007
i would prefer the United States of Nigeria first grin
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by mushki: 2:11am On Jul 24, 2007
What someone said

"I can myself see a very different and exciting world in which our children will live. An integrated Africa will wipe out current pettiness that suffocate us, like tribalism and ethnic clashes. But the federation must be negotiated fully, so that it does not turn around to rob and oppress us.

We want to see free movement of African people and goods, as we search for opportunities across the vast continent. I can already see our Ibo brethren very quickly setting up businesses in Tripoli, Angola and Malawi. I can see them dispersing quickly into the vast Congolese and Angolan forests as the new exporters of timber and miners of gold. I can see our Fulani wandering with their herds further south into Mozambique and Kwa-Zulu. We live in a world in which only those who take risk will survive.

The African federation is an idea whose time has come. Instead of being sceptical, we should rush in first, to negotiate for lucrative jobs and trade. We must not lose the beckoning opportunities in Africa.

OF COURSE, THERE ARE SOME difficult Africans who will cause trouble. I have in mind Nigerians, Egyptians and Congolese. Nigerians, in particular, are very unruly and pushy, while the Congolese and Somalis are very indisciplined, and if Africa passed a law for free movement, the Congolese and Somalis will all head for Johannesburg, Lagos or Nairobi the imagined cities of gold.

But then, as in all adventures, we must expect initial problems and setbacks. The advantages we expect to reap from an integrated Africa are immense. Africa must unite. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: A Big No To United States Of Africa. by thabo(m): 6:38am On Jul 24, 2007
Let Africa stay the way it is right now. Just imagine being one country with Tunisians,Lybians and other numskull Arabs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christians, Muslims Besiege Jaiz Bank For Islamic Banking Transactions / El-rufai Posts Cramjones Expose On His Facebook Via A Nlder / REVEALED: Obasanjo's Son Was Shot While Running Away From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.