Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Canadian Embassy- Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Embassy- Lagos (8255 Views)

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos / Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Canadian Embassy- Lagos by aydewale: 9:10am On Jul 06, 2008
Hi Nairalanders, I do not intend to offend anyone's sensibilities.

Its been almost 60 days since I applied for my Canadian study permit and I have not heard anything from the embassy.I am wondering what the issue is.

This fact is making me quite anxious. Additionally, its making most of my plans hanging cos I don't know what next. I can't for example take my annual leave since almost 2 years that ve been working.

Please does anyone have an idea of what I the issue is? Does anyone else ve the same challenge. I am so anxious and I need someone else's views
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by promise2(f): 11:30am On Jul 06, 2008
could you visit this site may be some one in the forum can help you[b] board.
the site is for all immigration problem to canada.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by aydewale: 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2008
Tanx, God bless you.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by marydre: 9:33am On Jul 07, 2008
@aydewale,
Dont really know y urs is taking this long but just be prayerful and have faith. Give it some more time and hopefully it will turn out well.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by aydewale: 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2008
Tanx Mary, I can't even go on annual leave cos my HOD knows and says I would have to choose between my annual leave and a study leave. I have worked now for almost 2 years without going on leave.

Am just wondering what the problem is after almost 2 months, ve not heard anything.

Am supposed to travel in August as school resumes on Sept. 3 and pre-session orientation is before then, I also need to prepare for the trip. Also remember that I might still need to go for an interview and medical test.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by debosky(m): 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2008
Go to the embassy - that is your best bet

I experienced a similar delay when i was processing my visa and I had no luck calling the embassy or sending emails, they never respond or simply say 'your application is being processed. I suggest you take a day off work and go to the embassy with all the information you have and ask to know what is delaying your application. It may be just a small issue outstanding or someone just not doing their job properly.

Wish you the best.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by aydewale: 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2008
Thanks Debosky, I ve been to the embassy once and all they told me was that they were still processing my application. They gave us some forms and told us to state our request or queries.if you don't mind, could you tell me another way to go about it, like what I should do when I get to the embassy, as I can go again.

Thank you and God bless u.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by aydewale: 10:21pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ Debosly:
How did you do it when you had that same challenge, what did you say? Who did you meet? Please kindly give me specific advice.
God bless you.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by GoldCircle: 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2008
Hey Dewale! Na wa o! me I dey the same shoe too. But try to take it eazy! U sound kind of tense. Although mine iz been with them for only about 42days. Buy plz keep us posted on how things turn out!

Cheerio!
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by home1986: 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2008
hmm, i neva had dat problem anyway but d secrete is have faith,get close to God wit prayer and fasting for 3 days and make sure u avoid sin coz sin hynder progress, if only u cud do this, i bet u wud surely come and testify, wish u gud luck, if u av idea wat d ticket fee cost and where i can get it plz anyone wu knows shud hola bak
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by debosky(m): 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ adewale

Have you done your medicals yet? Have you been interviewed? The answers to these questions will help me advise you better. If your medicals and interview have been done, you should have heard something by now. . .don't wait till too late before finding out what is going on.

I do think you should go to the embassy again. . .I went to the embassy on the 30th of December while my school was supposed to resume on the 5th of January. . .only for them to tell me they couldn't contact my school to verify my undergrad transcripts. I had a mini interview and then got my visa that same day. I'm sure that if I waited further, they may not even have contacted me and it would look like I wasn't concerned. I simply arrived at the embassy, filled out the purpose of visit form and I was let in with the other people on appointment for that day. You can try the same approach.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by aydewale: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ Debosky:

I have not be called for the interview yet, no medicals, nothing. I submitted my application on the 12th of May, 2008. The form states that within 30 working days I would be informed of the result of my application, that is, whether I was to go for an interview or the medicals straight.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by aydewale: 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ Debosky:

I have not be called for the interview yet, no medicals, nothing. I submitted my application on the 12th of May, 2008. The form states that within 30 working days I would be informed of the result of my application, that is, whether I was to go for an interview or the medicals straight.

@ GoldCircle:

Hi does the 42 days include non-working days or is that just working days?

@ Home1986:

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have been fasting at least once every week. it is usual for my wife and I to fast every Tuesday and on Thursdays too with or without asking God for a visa. May the good lord bless you all the same for the advice.

@ Everyone:

Would appreciate your 2 cents.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by debosky(m): 7:20pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ ade

I don't know why you are experiencing this delay, but I strongly feel you should contact the embassy again - call their contact number, go to the embassy in person. it is possible that they are having a tough time going through the sheer volume of applications coming through for September, but the sooner you go there again the better. It may just be a small hiccup that is delaying your process.

Like others have said, keep praying and have faith, but act too - don't be complacent about it. Simply go there and inform them that it has been 60 working days since you applied and you want to know the status of your application.

You can also try to contact the admissions office of your school in Canada to ask if they have been contacted by the High Commission regarding verification of your admission.

Have they changed their policy again that you do the interview before going for medicals? I remember that at one point everyone was asked to do medicals at the point of submission before interviews, but I do not know the current practice.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by aydewale: 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2008
@ debosky:

Thanks I appreciate it. Now, You send your application and you should be contacted within 30 days and told one of the following:

a. Application failed;

b. Come for interview; or

c. Go for medicals.

where b. is the case then you would still have to go for medicals if your interview is satisfactory. However, if they ask you to go for medicals, it means they intend to grant you the visa just want to be sure you are healthy and dont have aids etc.

debosky, God bless you.

still await other suggestions etc.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by aydewale: 3:51am On Jul 09, 2008
Any other suggestions, ideas or advice?
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by Delta007(m): 11:26am On Jul 09, 2008
Ay, you've been asking same questions repeatedly. The simple answer is "Go to the Embassy and enquire about your application". I doubt there's any consul amongst us that can give you specifics about your application.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by GoldCircle: 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2008
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by aydewale: 5:19pm On Jul 09, 2008
@ Delta:

I agree with you and I have even been there, it is justy that it is freaking me out. Most of my plans are hanging, cant even take my annual leave since last year January because @ my place of work, you cant take an annual leave and study leave same year.

I have been at the Anifowoshe Office of the embassy twice and they keep telling me they are still processing it. After now, I would stop asking questions. I guess i have just been anxious. you know it is almost 2 months. Sixty whole days.

Delta dont be offended or tell me off should you desire to respond. Just accept that we all have our anxieties as humans. Funnily I have a good job in Nigeria but you know its quite competitive and almost everyone has got a masters and a few their PHDs and that puts me in quite a disadvantage. That's why am quite anxious.

I did not apply to any other school nor have i considered any other country.

@ everyone:

I am sorry if I am getting you pissed, I was just wondering if there was anyone else in my shoes and how things turn out.

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by Delta007(m): 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2008
aydewale:

@ Delta:

I agree with you and I have even been there, it is justy that it is freaking me out. Most of my plans are hanging, can't even take my annual leave since last year January because @ my place of work, you can't take an annual leave and study leave same year.

I have been at the Anifowoshe Office of the embassy twice and they keep telling me they are still processing it. After now, I would stop asking questions. I guess i have just been anxious. you know it is almost 2 months. Sixty whole days.

Delta don't be offended or tell me off should you desire to respond. Just accept that we all have our anxieties as humans. Funnily I have a good job in Nigeria but you know its quite competitive and almost everyone has got a masters and a few their PHDs and that puts me in quite a disadvantage. That's why am quite anxious.

I did not apply to any other school nor have i considered any other country.

@ everyone:

I am sorry if I am getting you pissed, I was just wondering if there was anyone else in my shoes and how things turn out.

Thank you and God bless.
This is a forum and I doubt your requests/threads is pissing anyone up. I understand your anxiety but my response was to make u aware that this is a forum. . .instead of opening a thread or posting same question every other day, you are better off going to the Embassy to see for yourself. Since you said you've been there twice and they've told you your application is being processed, then Relax. . .Remember 60days doesnt translate to 60working days (after you take out the wkends, Naija and Canadian public holidays). Also, it's quite obvious they are backlogged. . .this is probably peak time for them since there are relatively more applications as a result of the new Fall session. My advice is that if towards the end of July you havent heard from them, then call them, email them and visit them to enquire about your status. You havent been asked to do your medicals yet and it take 3wks minimum for the results to get back to the Embassy, that's is that hospital in Yaba doesnt give you headache. . .so if you happen to get them on the phone, remind them. Regardless, at this stage, I guess "No news is still Good news".

BTW, it might be worthwhile to visit the hospital in Yaba (I believe it's called Marien hospital, or something like that; used to be run by a Greek lady . . .dunno if she's still there) to enquire if you need to make a booking to do the medicals. If u do, the smart thing is to book it right away(perhaps for the 3rd or 4th wk in July). . .so that when/if the papers come, you wont have to wait.

Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by aydewale: 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2008
@delta:

Thanks, God bless you a million.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by igbogolo: 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2008
Adewale
I also applied to study in canada but has not heard from them since I made my application on the 26th of may.
My last application for a study permit last year was denied and returned in 3 weeks. So i can tell you u might be in luck since your application has not been returned til date.
Did u apply through an agency? Did you notarize your documents? Did you applywith your originals?
I think you need to relax. The fact that you have a family here will definetely be a good ground to give u the visa cos u have sufficient family ties.
All the same , lets hope and wait for the best.

Kind Regards
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by Dsalmist: 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2008
@ Gold Circle

I notice you are on line. have you gotten your visa yet
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by charmingjo: 2:04am On Jun 01, 2010
Hello i travelled to lagos 2 accra to apply for my study permit Visa 2009 and i was denied. I want to reapply but my question is this= should i go back to accra to apply for my Visa or apply here in Lagos? When I applied i didnt have a good sponsor now i do and i also have TOEFL with good marks. Do i go back to the same embassy since i have applied there before? I went there becos it was much easier and faster rather than waiting for months.
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by ausdy(m): 3:53pm On Nov 10, 2011
so
aydewale:

Any other suggestions, ideas or advice?
dewale have u gotten your visa?
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by fadaproj5: 8:39am On Jul 10, 2012
I have proplem i submited mine on 4th april 2012 till date 11 july 2012. I havnt heard from embasy or VAC office. Pls what shoul i do?
Re: Canadian Embassy- Lagos by fadaproj5: 8:41am On Jul 10, 2012
.I have d same proplem, i submited mine on 4th april 2012 till date 11 july 2012. I havnt heard from embasy or VAC office. Pls what next step should i take. This is beyond patient.

(1)

South African Temporary Residents Permits / The Face Of True Poverty In America / New Visa Rules To Work And Study In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.