Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria - Certification And Training Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Certification And Training Adverts / Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria (17478 Views)

COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND WEBSITE DESIGN VIDEO TRAINING (GET THE SKILLS!) / Study And Get A Certificate In Interior Decoration And Design In Ibadan / The Best Project Management Training And Pmp Institute In Lagos Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by Skywalker5(m): 9:42am On Jun 09, 2006
Where can I learn website design in lagos Nigeria? I mean quality education on web design.
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by smartsoft(m): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2006
humm come down to akowonjo we have a place called Compurite, IMTComputers at Ikeja not IMS ooo good school anyway !

But try Compurite
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by layi(m): 2:43pm On Jun 10, 2006
Get down to Aptech
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by Skywalker5(m): 10:37am On Jun 12, 2006
can i have their address or nearest bustop to this computer schools?
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by Bossman(m): 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2006
I'd say search the net, get a hold of some books and study on your own. It's all about hard work and creativity. If you are just looking for a certification, then you can go to one of those schools.

1 Like

Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by kheme(m): 12:04pm On Jul 09, 2006
you can learn a lot online! i never attended any computer school for web developement, I'm a professional!

ok, try this www.htmlonline.tk
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by Afam(m): 12:47pm On Jul 09, 2006
Sky walker,

The same way Guniess will not let you into their secret and Coca cola won't do the same, is the same way no one will really teach you want you need to know to become very good in web design.

To begin with, rather than spend your money going to a computer school, why don't you get a computer and get Microsoft frontage and Macromedia Dreamweaver loaded and learn at your own pace?

If all the computer usage and experience you will get are those spent during the training with nothing to try your hands on then just know its money down the drain.

I am not trying to discourage you as I do not have a reason to, it's just candid and workable advice.

Those that claim to teach web design, why aren't they making all the money designing websites for people?

These guys simply sell information and if you look very well online you will get these information for free online (well, save for the money spent in a cyber cafe or so).

Good luck. If you ever want to start programming just learn PHP and mysql.

1 Like

Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by naomijt(f): 9:35am On Jul 10, 2006
http://www.domainstandard.net offers private web design training at your convenience.
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by my2cents(m): 4:14am On Jul 12, 2006
Weeeeell,

In my opinion and from personal experience, I am going to have to agree with some of you and disagree with some of you as well. Sorry grin

Reading on your own is definitely cheaper, but requires discipline. Also, there is something about mingling with fellow humans. It's called socializing. You get to rub shoulders with diverse pples, learn from them, network with them. If a school environment weren't necessary, y r so many people taking jamb 10 times just to go to the university?

Having said that, just because Temitope puts up a sign outside his shop along Ibadan expressway doesnt make him a good teacher. As they say in the states, those who can, do and those who can't, teach grin Obtaining a certification doesnt guarantee you a job or success in your career.

As I said, those who can't (as in those who arent willing to swim with the sharks in a capitalistic society) tend to teach, *generally speaking*. Some who teach do it because they can't interact with people in the real world. There are people born to help others, those born to do research, those born to live the comfortable life, and those born to take risk and hopefully reap the rewards tenfold.

To the person who said he should get a laptop and buy some books, what if he doesnt have the resources to obtain such? Even for a free ebook, it still requires time at a cybercafe at the very least. You can only learn so much for N100 or so an hour.

To the one who asked y those who are teaching arent making money off the many pple wanting websites, could it b because they are making money off of those who come to them for teaching? wink I personally would want to teach in some capacity. After my many years of experience, and not to discourage any of you, quite frankly, web dev is getting boring. All it takes is for you to come up with enough code in your library that soon your work becomes nothing but cut and paste. That's been my experience anyway. Trust me, I have grown gray hair in the biz grin

To summarize, I would go for a blend of both - attend a class, then solidify what you have learnt via self-training. Follow that up with giving yourself coding assignments, go work for someone to gain the experience/connections and/or work for yourself. Thanks to sites like scriptlance and ecoder, there should be plenty of work out there for you to get your feet wet.

As always, my 2 cents

3 Likes

Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by iGuru1(m): 7:30am On Sep 07, 2010
Pls house, i need the address of aptech mary-land.
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by OnyeBabe1(f): 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2010
It is quite weird that schools teach web design dont have a website of their own. Just saying.

2 Likes

Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by iGuru1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2010
Exactly, like aptech-ng
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by ilekky(m): 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2010
You can equally try us at Yemlat Technologies Ltd.

We shall give you three days free and if at the end

of these 3 days,you can't then you can go with the training

money.This is an assurance.If interested,call 08028359239.
Our training venue is at suite24/25 amazing grace plaza,34

sule st,mongoro ikeja.
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by lyndadev: 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2010
Hi ilekky
Try self study using video tutorials from lynda dot com.you'll be a guru in no time.
Learn and teach yourself the nitty gritty of web design and web development the easy way using high quality video tutorials (dvd clearity) designed by experts with years of experience in various branches of web design and web development such as html,css,coldfusion,php/mysql and graphics design/preparation using world class softwares such as wampserver, dreamweaver cs4,fireworks cs4,photoshop (softwares included).
Each video series ships along with softwares used and exercise files so you can build along

see sample video

[flash=416,312]http://www.motionbox.com/external/hd_player/type%253Dsd%252Cvideo_uid%253Dd498dcb61f15e8c55c%252Caffiliate_name%253Dmotionbox"[/flash]

Titles available include:
1- Php Essential Video training
2-CSS For Designers DVD
3-Dreamweaver CS4 Dynamic Development
4-Fireworks CS4 Essential Training DVD
5-Photoshop CS4 Extended For 3D DVD
6-PHP With MySQL Beyond The Basics DVD
7-Dreamweaver CS4 Essential Training DVD
8-Dreamweaver CS4 With CSS.DVD
9- Learning HTML

Hurry now and gain the skills needed to make money as elections are coming up and politicians will be needing portals, so skill up now and make huge money.Remember knowledge is power
call: 07064345719 
or email lyndadev2010@yahoo.com
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by Metalzoa: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2010
I think the web has a better selection of resources and information than any one school in Nigeria. Especially on things like web development.

My first CMS powered project: www.mizbeach.com

Never paid a dime for a class but I've bought one book that was invaluable to me and one more book that I keep as reference.
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 17, 2010
smartsoft:

humm come down to akowonjo we have a place called Compurite, IMTComputers at Ikeja not IMS ooo good school anyway !

But try Compurite
Why did you say (Not IMS), IMS is a good school as far as i know (i was once one of their teachers you know - i dont know how it is now sha).
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by AbiodunFaf(m): 6:04pm On Apr 10, 2012
Professional Web design training with writing real life codes is now made possible even in your homes with an online instructor guiding and directing you until you turn out a professional.

Check out this site www.webtrainingschool.com
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by greenmouse(m): 8:20pm On Apr 10, 2012
We are the best in Web design training.
Having trained over 78 professional web developers in one year.

We invite you to come to our world,

We give support in business after training.
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by techlevels(m): 8:04am On Oct 11, 2012
You can visit Techlevels Computers at 176, Abeokuta Express way, Opposite First Bank, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos.
They are good at that and will be willing to put you through the details.
OR
Visit their website @
http://www.techlevels.com
Call/SMS:08029600011
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by simplejm: 8:17am On Jun 02, 2013
Sky-walker:
Where can I learn website design in Abeokuta Ogun State Nigeria? I mean quality education on web design.
Sky-walker:
Where can I learn website design in Abeokuta Ogun State Nigeria? I mean quality education on web design.
Sky-walker:
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by simplejm: 8:18am On Jun 02, 2013
Sky-walker:
Simplejm: Where can I learn website design in Abeokuta Ogun State Nigeria? I mean quality education on web design.
Sky-walker:
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by kexpan(m): 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
Two years ago i stopped submitting CV and looked for a skill to learn. I started learning website design and 2011 worked for a web design company in Lagos. Now i own my own company and want to help our leaders of tomorrow not only to be self employed but to establish their own company. With a skill in web design, your business will come to live.

We are starting a 2 weeks PROMO for web design training class ( 1st Batch ) for all OND, HND and B.sc holders in Lagos.

@ 7 Abiodun Jagun street, Ogba, Lagos.

Registration is still ON!!!

Time : 10am - 2pm. Monday - Friday.

Price is N6,500 only.

Student will at the end of training get:
1. design their website
2. upload their website
3. manage their website
4. certificate from our school.

Don't miss this opportunity to become a professional website designer.

Call us on 08068348567 or email us info@kexpan.com or visit our school to reserve your seat.

Visit our website www.kexpan.com http://kexpan.com/ for other details relating to our services.
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by Sylvanusnwafor(m): 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hey guys this post seems quite dated since it got some updates.

I have a website design package that also comes with a FREE eBOOK.

Putting all my experience and thoughts together, I feel it would be a great resource for anybody that wants to learn web design in a very professional way.

Many thanks guys...

You all rock!

Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by dailynaijanews(m): 10:58am On Mar 31, 2017
ZEODigital has a very good academy where you can learn web design,http://www.ZEODigitalacademy.com/
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by sabigros: 7:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
Visit procademy
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by IsaacBuchi(m): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2019
Well written post.

The outline is also good.
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by crankie(m): 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
Become a Skilled Web Designer.

Master WordPress without learning how to code or without any previous programming language knowledge. This is the only one-on-one WordPress training course you need to succeed as a professional web designer.

Visit https://crankdigital.com.ng/wordpress-training/ now!
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by DenreleDave(m): 5:57am On Dec 18, 2019
Metalzoa:
I think the web has a better selection of resources and information than any one school in Nigeria. Especially on things like web development.

My first CMS powered project: www.mizbeach.com

Never paid a dime for a class but I've bought one book that was invaluable to me and one more book that I keep as reference.

Pls cN u send the book to me plsssss
Re: Where To Learn Website Design In Lagos, Nigeria by Falisprosis: 12:50pm On Mar 27, 2020
Study at your pace

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lets Build Your CV For You to get that Job you want. / Ican Exam Lecture Centre, Ican Exam Accredited Lecture Centre, ICAN ATS Exam / Marine And Offshore Engineering Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.