Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,273 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project (1760 Views)

What Obj Told Me About Gej 'i Got To Know He Will Be Vp In 2005' Alam Speaks / Revealed: What OBJ Told Jonathan's Men Behind Closed-doors / Where Are The Snipers And Assassins OBJ Told Us About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by Truequest(m): 7:53pm On Jul 06, 2008
Unknown to many, the current travail of former Aviation Minister, Prof Babalola Borishade over the controversial N19.5billion Aviation Intervention Fund might have been ordered by his friend and immediate past president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo.

Borishade is currently facing trial over the way and manner the N19.5billion Aviation Intervention Fund (AIF) was spent while he was in office as minister.
The man who succeeded him as minister, Mr. Femi Fani-Kayode is also in the dock, required to explain the role he played in the management of the Fund.

Specifically, the two men were dragged before the court by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), alleging that they have questions to answer over the management of the N19.5billion Aviation Intervention Fund, part of which was the N6.5billion contract for Safe Tower Project (STP).

Contract for the STP was signed in June 2006 - when Borishade was Aviation minister – between the Nigeria Airspace Management Agency (NAMA) on behalf of the Federal Government and AVSATEL GMBH of Vienna, Austria, represented in the country by AVSATEL Communications Limited.
But there was nothing to write home about the pace of work on the Project until Borishade was removed from the ministry, hence Fani-Kayode reportedly constituted a technical sub-committee to evaluate it.

Led by Captain Shehu Iyai, the committee’s findings were presented to President Obasanjo before he left Aso Rock.
Before the recent arrest and arraignment of the two ministers, Sunday Sun had reported exclusively that the presidency was furious that contract for a project of that magnitude was awarded without recourse to established Due Process.

Also in the report, Professor Borishade was put on the spot for allegedly flouting the directive of the Federal Executive Committee (FEC) on the sourcing of the fund.
What role did Obasanjo play in the contract that has since become controversial, leading the two personae dramatis to tread words at the Senate probe panel?
Sunday Sun can authoritatively report that Fani-Kayode had, on receiving the interim report, briefed Obasanjo in a memo thus: “…Mr. President, ordinarily I would have referred such a matter to the EFCC for further investigation, however, it is my considered opinion to bring the situation to your notice before further action is taken…”

Thus, Fani-Kayode sought further directive from the then president.
To his request via a memo of December 18, 2006, Obasanjo wrote: “Minister of Aviation, the culprit or culprits must be identified and severely punished.”
In January 2007 when the final report on the execution of the STP was turned in, it confirmed the preliminary findings of the technical subcommittee – that things were some sharp practices in the award of the contract.

Again, Fani-Kayode on January 30, 2007 sought Obasanjo’s approval for a decisive action against those indicted in the committee’s report.
To it, Obasanjo wrote: “Minister, Approved”, and dated it 06/02/07.
Sources said that Obasanjo was nonetheless unperturbed that his friend was indicted in that report.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/july/06/national-06-07-2008-002.htm
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 8:18pm On Jul 06, 2008
Do you honestly think any of this would have come out if Mighty Ribadu was still the chairman of EFCC?

Just chill and see, there are plenty more to come out. At this point OBJ self wouldn't have any choice but to come out and defend himself. And something keeps telling me that eventually Ribadu will also be called.

The outcome of selective Operations:
Oil and gas sector
Aviation tower project
Power sector
Ojaokuta Steel project
Presidential runaway money jet

If we still have trouble seeing that the problems on the ground in Nigeria today were mostly created and left behind by Ribadu and OBJ, then I think we will never see a thing ever again.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 8:29pm On Jul 06, 2008
FYI: Kalu, Ibori, Dariye, Fayose, Igbinedion etc, are all ready to present evidences that implicate OBJ and others in the plots.
Therefore, we might not see the end of all these cases.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by yemmight(m): 10:13am On Jul 07, 2008
I am certain that big mouth Fani-Kayode will face it 1 day.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by desgiezd(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2008
Big B1:

FYI: Kalu, Ibori, Dariye, Fayose, Igbinedion etc, are all ready to present evidences that implicate OBJ and others in the plots.

Just as the former governor of Jigawa State, Saminu Turaki, said that out of the N33b that he was accused of "chopping" by the EFCC, N10b was donated to the OBJ 3rd term project through Andy Uba.

I agree with you totally that OBJ has his hands in damn too many pies.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by Truequest(m): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2008
I think OBJ should not be crucified all the time, partcularlly in the above report;
Lets take a look at some points in the story:

Fani-Kayode had, on receiving the interim report, briefed Obasanjo in a memo thus: “…Mr. President, ordinarily I would have referred such a matter to the EFCC for further investigation, however, it is my considered opinion to bring the situation to your notice before further action is taken…”

Thus, Fani-Kayode sought further directive from the then president.
To his request via a memo of December 18, 2006, Obasanjo wrote: “Minister of Aviation, the culprit or culprits must be identified and severely punished.”

I don't think this is a response from an accomplice or is it?

Look at yet another point,

Again, Fani-Kayode on January 30, 2007 sought Obasanjo’s approval for a decisive action against those indicted in the committee’s report.
To it, Obasanjo wrote: “Minister, Approved”, and dated it 06/02/07.
Sources said that Obasanjo was nonetheless unperturbed that his friend was indicted in that report.

I think Fani should have acted earlier, had he done that, may be he would not have been in this mess.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by Mamajama(m): 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2008
BIGB1 please stop insinuating and base your arguments on credible source or facts.

This anti OBJ and RIbadu crusade only makes you look foolish and stupid to the highest authority.

OBJ and RIbadu did more for Nigerians more than your toothless father IBB did in 20 years.

We all know why you despise this people are because they shattered the dream of your father selfish political ambitions.

ain't you the one that posted a thread when Fani Kayode was elected that he will do well?

Mis-management of funds does not equate to corruption or embezzlement
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by abdurrazaq(m): 1:09pm On Jul 08, 2008
@Big B1. You have taken your crusade to another level. You should start the campaign for IBB's presidential ambition now before it is too late. angry Stop waisting your time destroying OBJ and Ribadu images, it won't do you any good. Your hatred for progress especially those that come with changes has made you attain a legendary status among nuisance. lipsrsealed

@Truequest. Nice analysis there. cheesy
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2008
Stop waisting your time destroying OBJ and Ribadu images, it won't do you any good. Your hatred for progress especially those that come with changes has made you attain a legendary status among nuisance

Unbelievable.
My man, you totally got it wrong.
It is obvious that you know nothing about Big B1.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2008
Do you honestly think any of this would have come out if Mighty Ribadu was still the chairman of EFCC?

Just chill and see, there are plenty more to come out. At this point OBJ self wouldn't have any choice but to come out and defend himself. And something keeps telling me that eventually Ribadu will also be called.

The outcome of selective Operations:
Oil and gas sector
Aviation tower project
Power sector
Ojaokuta Steel project
Presidential runaway money jet

If we still have trouble seeing that the problems on the ground in Nigeria today were mostly created and left behind by Ribadu and OBJ, then I think we will never see a thing ever again.

Fact!
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2008

Fact!
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by Beline(f): 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2008
There is no need fighting one another here, the just and unjust in the Nigerian political system are the same as long today is concern. With all the probes going on now have we seen any positive change?
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by Ohenry(m): 3:51pm On Jul 08, 2008
This renewed war on corruption is good but we are getting impatient. It is not enough to indict or arraign. We should have speedy trials and convictions. Nobody of significance has been sent to prison on looting charges to date. This has emboldened ex-political officers facing charges of corruption. They feel confident that they can use looted funds to thwart justice.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by Afam(m): 7:13pm On Jul 08, 2008
So many probes going on, hope we will see the results. I am not too comfortable with the gradual shifting of attention from the likes of Ibori, seems our president is up to something.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2008
So many probes going on, hope we will see the results. I am not too comfortable with the gradual shifting of attention from the likes of Ibori, seems our president is up to something.

Anything that will implicate OBJ will be delayed, prolonged, stretched and eventually dissappear.

How do you successfully prosecute bunch of criminals (governors and ministers) that continue to point fingers at OBJ as the main beneficiary of their crimes?
It is almost impossible.

Why is it almost impossible?
Because OBJ will not be touched by this administration under any circumstance; it is a done deal, the man has a life time home-made Sovereign Immunity.
Just to keep the fire burning, from time to time, he (OBJ) might give up one or two of his drossy sidekicks (eg Ehindero, Aborishade etc) as a cow to be sacrificed to empower his immunity status or to further distract the public from seeing the light.
This is also the main reason why it has been very difficult to arrest, Tinubu or Odelli

So, what is next?
Nigerians will continue to whine, cry, complain and then move on as usual.

Why things always go down like this in Nigeria?
Because Nigerians just do not have what it takes. They are not bold enough and absolutely lack the willpower that is needed to restore things back to normal in this country.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by ono(m): 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2008
Big B1:

Why things always go down like this in Nigeria?
Because Nigerians just do not have what it takes. They are not bold enough and absolutely lack the willpower that is needed to restore things back to normal in this country.

I think it's because the means and funds with which the country is run doesn't come from anyone. It's from a region they term ''Exclusive Economic Zone'' - The Niger Delta.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by chidichris(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2008
waziri seems to know the problems of nigeria than the actor they call ribadu.
the idea of dealing with federal thieves is and will remain DE KO-KO.
enough of kalu, ibori jokes.
let us start from the billions nigeria is loosing on daily bases.
baba will surely be on it one day.

waziri will be my hero if such names as bode george, tony annenih, andy uba and obj among other fellow federal thieves will be brought to book.

the most important thing is that the untouchable will be touched this time arround. the woman said it that she is going to step on toes and i am happy she is stepping on bigger toes.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2008
waziri will be my hero if such names as bode george, tony annenih, andy uba and obj among other fellow federal thieves will be brought to book.

the most important thing is that the untouchable will be touched this time arround. the woman said it that she is going to step on toes and i am happy she is stepping on bigger toes.

Without any question, Waziri is a better choice for the position. She is more focused, more competent, more dedicated and much more sincere than, the great actor "the Nigerian Denzel Washington" called Ribadu.
She absolutely represents a step forward towards a great Nigeria.

However, I hate to inform you that it is inevitable, there will always be the untouchables among the Coyotes, just like any other country.
"the woman said it that she is going to step on toes" This statement is nothing but a mere new position acceptance speech.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by Truequest(m): 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2008
A lot of pobes and so much freshers gra gra hope monies will be recovered.
And life of Nigerians improved.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by Afam(m): 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2008
I am very afraid as our senators are entitled to N114,000.00 per day for meal (according to newspaper reports).

Anti corruption war? With these senators milking Nigeria dry? They should make all government positions unattractive so that only serious people that are willing to work will get to these positions.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by TheSly: 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2008
Afam:

I am very afraid as our senators are entitled to N114,000.00 per day for meal (according to newspaper reports).

Anti corruption war? With these senators milking Nigeria dry? They should make all government positions unattractive so that only serious people that are willing to work will get to these positions.
Which is why Nigeria will never be a better place because what u have stated will NEVER happen.
Unless of course. . . .200years from now.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by theopops: 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2008
I tell people that Nigeria will never get better, them think say I dey curse the country. Bunch of idiots. Always shifting blame from one man to the other. I am sure they think they are men. Men my crusty black ass.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2008
Bingo!

I've presented this recommendation many times on this forum.

Our problems in Nigeria are very simple, but nobody is bold and sincere enough to implement a long term solution.
It is all about gra gra strategy (Ribadu's style) that leads to absolutely nothing at the end of the day.

All these senators, ministers and governors are businessmen that see government position as another business opportunity.
Question: How can a governor that has 5 businesses all around Nigeria (sometimes, all around the world) focus and function effectively at his position as a governor?

Our Government officials are not serious, absolutely not dedicated and are only maintaining their various government positions to benefit their families and to empower the status of their businesses.

Make all government positions unattractive and I promise you that serious, competent and honest people will come on board.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2008
TRUE chronicle!

Governor *********  ******* was sworn in as the governor of ***** State on Monday; by the following Thursday this same governor got himself 5 Ultra luxury SWVs and shipped all his 7 children oversea to attend private schools.

From 5 local bank accounts to 16 foreign bank accounts and 26 local bank accounts.
From 2 businesses (with end of the year statement showing less than ₦50M as profit) to 8 businesses that now worth more than €70m; all within 4 months in office as a governor.

How do you explain this miracle accomplishments or should I say miracle blessing?
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by abdurrazaq(m): 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2008
I am waiting for the report to be compiled and presented to Nigeria by the 'ALMIGHTY' Waziri about this probe. I hope this case doesn't go the way others have gone?
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by lucabrasi(m): 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2008
i think the waziri will be worse than ribadu,at least ribadu was seen to be doing some work even if he was selective,also the people he was pursuing were really criminals and not saints, if ribadu had been there by now the saraki family should be in that efcc prison both father,son and the daughter,ibori,fayose,kalu and the rest of them will be in prison by now,what has the waziri woman done,she sacked all the sstaffs working on these cases from the beginning and is using a case of 6.5 billion aviation to divert peoples attention from the real looters,in the nigerian situation where all the politicians are criminals i think the biggest criminals should be prosecuted first instead of the other way round,
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 7:29pm On Jul 09, 2008
if ribadu had been there by now the saraki family should be in that efcc prison both father,son and the daughter

I respect your point of view, but do you know that Ribadu was the one that gave this same Bukola Saraki an OK to run for the 2007 governorship election?
And could you please point out one single successful case or operation led by Ribadu during his man-made era?

Waziri is less than 3 months at this position; I think it will be fair, sensible and civilized to chillout and give this lady more time before we start passing judgement.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by lucabrasi(m): 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2008
Big B1:

I respect your point of view, but do you know that Ribadu was the one that gave this same Bukola Saraki an OK to run for the 2007 governorship election?
And could you please point out one single successful case or operation led by Ribadu during his man-made era?

Waziri is less than 3 months at this position; I think it will be fair, sensible and civilized to chillout and give this lady more time before we start passing judgement.
yes ribadu did but the situation was diffrent at that time,look at the legislative arm they couldnt do anything during obj time and they r at least probing this n that,that time was diffrent and ribadu had to handle things so he doesnt end up a victim,funny the reason why he ended up being removed was for the same reason i.e saraki and ibori
tafa balogun case
afolabi and the id card
alams
most of the ongoing governors cases were not concluded because they had immunity and some of them got second terms,at least some of them were arrested and they were getting ready to prosecute them before he was sent on the course,the actions waziri is taking is not showing sincerity of purpose,though i read it in saharareports but why would she employ a saraki police aide and then sack the whole lot of efcc operatives familiar with the cases especially with the controversy trailing her, btw she did not prosecute a single major case in her 35 yrs career as well
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2008
why would she employ a saraki police aide

Do you know anything about this Saraki Police Aide?
If you do, could you please list 2 or 3 things about the cat?

Have you met Mrs Warizi before? Apart from what you've discovered on Sahara Report, what else do you know about this lady?
Have you heard her side on why she is making all these moves?

For anyone to castigate this lady at this point in time is absolutely unreasonable.

Again, Waziri hasn't held this position for more than 3 months and Nigerians are already crying.
Folks really need to calm down.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2008
And if moving forward is our goal, we truly need to forget Ribadu.
He had his chance and absolutely did not make good use of it.

And I can assure you with confidence that if Ribadu was the chairman of EFCC today, we wouldn't have heard anything about Aviation funds and absolutely nada about power sector funds.

Forget this cat and let's move on!

I can also assure you that Waziri is not working for Yar'Adua and absolutely doesn't want to lead the EFCC for the rest of her life unlike the great actor, Nigerian Denzel Washington (Ribadu). She is a real lady and a complete professional who will serve Nigeria (not Yar'Adua) with all her heart.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by ochocinco1(m): 12:00am On Jul 10, 2008
That would make her IBB's choice then undecided

The revisionism of history is truly alive. Anything or anyone connected with the
Obasanjo presidency must be demonised.

To the extent, they have labelled Abacha a saint.
Re: What Obj Told Fani-kayode …about N6.5 Billion Safe Tower Project by BigB11(m): 12:12am On Jul 10, 2008
ocho cinco, what a cool name. I guess, you must be a Chad Johnson's fan.

My point here is instead of negatively labeling this lady (Waziri) and expecting the worst, we should keep an open mind and hope for the best.

Nigeria will remain retarded forever if we all specialize in labelling the bird before the egg hatches. For a change we must be patient and remain focused, every great thing requires time to develop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Positive Tribalism / Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname / Faac Disburses N704bn To 3 Tiers Of Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.