Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Grooming Efforts In Men - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Grooming Efforts In Men (926 Views)

What If It Women That Is Paying GROOMING PRICE? / Are Women The Cause Of Change In Men's Attitude After wedding? / Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grooming Efforts In Men by AE3(f): 3:58am On Oct 20, 2013
They are the often neglected efforts that keep the ‘endearing’ flames burning in relationships. It is a wrong notion when some men carry on as if the issue of hygiene is the sole responsibility of the female folk-because of what they claim is our anatomy. Fact is, any enclosed space (e.g. the armpit, in between your legs, etc.) is bound to have unfriendly odour, if one does not go the extra mile to care for such places. So the practice of wearing briefs (or boxers) for days unwashed is a big ‘no’. Such should not be worn more than twice!

Why would a man go through the day’s stress at work, come home, have his dinner, put on his sleep wear/boxers (probably unwashed-for days) and go straight to bed, without having a bath or even brushing his teeth? And when his woman joins him in bed, he would want to be kissed, sucked and made love to. When she faces the wall, it becomes that she is denying him his rights; does it occur to some of us that some people still find it difficult to tell a partner that their breath isn’t friendly? Fresh breath and nice body smell is a turn on o!

The one I find unbelievable is that someone would wake up with the ‘almighty unfriendly morning breath’ and turn to the partner for a kiss/love making. I think the habit of freshening one’s breath first will help make things more alluring. Some people that have been married for a good number of years have probably turned a blind eye to these things but these tiny but important practices help sweeten things in the bedroom. I can’t imagine how unappealing  the ‘bed room things’ will be with a man that one would constantly have to deal with his unpleasant breath/ body odour .

Do you know how good it will feel when your woman turns to you for a kiss/hug and she has to linger(and not throw you a quick peck and bear hug because she can’t wait to come up for fresh air) a little longer on your chest because of your sweet scent?Unsightly ‘bump’scenarios immediately help me place a man,as far as personal grooming goes. There are not many men who go the extra mile when it comes to grooming. Some of them see such as a waste of time because it is assumed that the woman has to carry the ‘hygiene basket’ on her head-thanks to her anatomy…very true that the onus is on the woman to go the extra mile but guess what? Going the extra mile (as a man) not only makes you more desirable, it boosts your confidence too. A man’s grooming (not just clean clothes- fresh breath, nice smell, clean nails, neat hair cut etc.) says a lot about him.

I have realised that a lot of men that are called ‘fine boys’ are not necessarily handsome. They have just been able to cross their ‘Ts’ and dot their ‘Is’ in their grooming efforts. You can start by having a bath and brushing your teeth before going to bed every night. Most people don’t even know how offensive their breath is, to those around them- reason to keep making the efforts.

Don’t be unexciting to the woman in your life by letting go of yourself. Women’s taste in men is getting more sophisticated by the day. We now know that ‘beer belly’ is no longer the evidence of good living but evidence of a man-who has let himself go.

Chukwuneta Oby
http://www.punchng.com/columnists/tingles/grooming-efforts-in-men/
Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by tutaboi(m): 4:14am On Oct 20, 2013
hmmm! thumb up.....u have said it all
Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by Rejoice5000(f): 4:29am On Oct 20, 2013
beer belly is not evidence of good living hahahahahahaha remind me of something.
Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by EfemenaXY: 6:49am On Oct 20, 2013
Interesting post. I like it.

@poster, thanks for sharing smiley
Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 20, 2013
OK
Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 20, 2013
Feminism at its apex undecided
Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by EfemenaXY: 9:51am On Oct 20, 2013
El Guapo: Feminism at its apex undecided

What's feminist about asking a man to groom himself, paying special attention to the nook and crannies? undecided

1 Like

Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 20, 2013
Efemena_xy:

What's feminist about asking a man to groom himself, paying special attention to the nook and crannies? undecided

Lady Efe, that article up there is incompatible with Objectivism.

I cant overlook her pointing out the hygienic flaws of lazy prats men and failing to give credence to the gazillions who're into everyday body upkeep.

Researches and Surveys around the globe has proven that women tend to be the chief carriers of STDs - which is as a result of stockpiling fungus and bacterias in all their nooks and crannies, this isn't the men trying to level up blames yet the poster wouldnt try to brace such fact.

Columnist going randy on men. We hurt her ego? angry
Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by EfemenaXY: 11:12am On Oct 20, 2013
El Guapo:

I cant overlook her pointing out the hygienic flaws of lazy prats men and failing to give credence to the gazillions who're into everyday body upkeep.

Actually, I don't see where she failed to give credit to those who take care of themselves. She's not attacking ALL men, rather she's pointing out those who fail to clean up their act. She even used the word 'some'. Go through her post again and read the second line. Here, I'll help you:

A.E.:
They are the often neglected efforts that keep the ‘endearing’ flames burning in relationships. It is a wrong notion when some men carry on as if the issue of hygiene is the sole responsibility of the female folk-because of what they claim is our anatomy. Fact is, any enclosed space (e.g. the armpit, in between your legs, etc.) is bound to have unfriendly odour, if one does not go the extra mile to care for such places. So the practice of wearing briefs (or boxers) for days unwashed is a big ‘no’. Such should not be worn more than twice!

El Guapo: Researches and Surveys around the globe has proven that women tend to be the chief carriers of STDs - which is as a result of stockpiling fungus and bacterias in all their nooks and crannies, this isn't the men trying to level up blames yet the poster wouldnt try to brace such fact.

Really?

Where's the proof of your claims? I mean proper research backed with strong statistical, difficult-to-dispute data? Just because some diseases show no symptoms in one sex / gender does not mean that, that gender does not carry it, nor is not capable of spreading it to others. Take Chlamydia for example.

El Guapo: Columnist going randy on men. We hurt her ego? angry

You're missing the point.

The simple message she's trying to pass on is that cleanlinesses is not the sole monopoly of the female, but rather, each and every person owes it to themselves to maintain a high standard of hygiene.

4 Likes

Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by Tinkybabe(f): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2013
El Guapo:

Researches and Surveys around the globe has proven that women tend to be the chief carriers of STDs - which is as a result of stockpiling fungus and bacterias in all their nooks and crannies, this isn't the men trying to level up blames yet the poster wouldnt try to brace such fact.

Columnist going randy on men. We hurt her ego? angry
You obviously read the topic with a biased mind as there is no hint of feminism in it.So you are the one that need a spectacle of objectivity.
It is a known fact that many hygiene posts are directed at women only,so much that wives are sometimes faulted for their husband's unhygienic habits.
If the write-up applies to you,make amends.If not ,appreciate a good word of admonition and move on.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 20, 2013
Words of admonition indeed.

Most men i've come across are prim n' proper good looking folks, who'd take out time to have a manicure/pedicure done even better than their female counterpacts.

I guess the columnist is writing to the bunch of lazy Pseudo-gentlemen who stenches of skunk. undecided

About time i even admonished the ladies on carrying blood-clots pads around!
Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by EfemenaXY: 11:53am On Oct 20, 2013
El Guapo: Words of admonition indeed.

Most men i've come across are prim n' proper good looking folks, who'd take out time to have a manicure/pedicure done even better than their female counterpacts.

I guess the columnist is writing to the bunch of lazy Pseudo-gentlemen who stenches of skunk. undecided

About time i even admonished the ladies on carrying blood-clots pads around!

Na wa oh!

You always make sense with your posts, then undo and kill it all off with the last line!

Oya come 'n explain the bolded bit. What d'you mean? More importantly, how d'you know sef? Do you go about looking in 'forbidden' areas?
Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Na wa oh!

You always make sense with your posts, then undo and kill it all off with the last line!

Oya come 'n explain the bolded bit. What d'you mean? More importantly, how d'you know sef? Do you go about looking in 'forbidden' areas?

Did you really take those last lines serious? cheesy

Well, i dont go tailing ladies, i'm just fortunate enough to take a glance into their handbags and get graced with wrapped drenched pads that are meant for the trashcan. embarassed

I'm writing an article soon enough grin
Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by EfemenaXY: 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
^^ Jeez man!

You need to change the peeps you roll with - seriously! embarassed embarassed

er... what were you searching for in their handbags by the way? undecided
Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
^^ Empirical evidences for my detective work tongue

Now stop been offensive, its not fun.
Re: Grooming Efforts In Men by EfemenaXY: 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

If You Could Offer A Baby Only One Piece Of Advice, What Could It Be? / What Is Your Year Of Birth / Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.