Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? (5637 Views)

Help!!wife Frustrated As Husband Vows To Go For Vasectomy After One Child, / Marrying From An Extremely Poor Home. Can You Consider It? / Pain & Mercy! My Husband Had Vasectomy Because Of Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by tutankanem(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2006
I have had quite a number of friends go under the knife and get the snip (the snip being a vasectomy where your tubes that carry sperm are cut/blocked as a means of sterilization).  Guys would you consider it?
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by diddy4(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2006
touch me and you are dead. as dead as can be. dat is so not good. even after having my 4 kids by God's mighty grace, i will never ever do it. come on now. the release of sperm from the body helps our health alot. why the hell will someone wann@ stop it? if u scared of pregnancy and stuff use a bloody condom or tell the girl to take birth pills or whatnot. why harm yourself cuzz u dont wann@ father a child? i wont do it. doz dat are doing it, well, more grease to ya elbow. unu na agba ni.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by tutankanem(m): 10:46am On Jul 20, 2006
thanks diddy4. most of the guys who have done this have kids that are teenagers. for some of the guys, their wives actually encouraged them because there are supposed to be limited side effects of the procedure while pilss and stuff mees up the womans physiology. long term studies actually suggest that the men lead happier lives because they are not thinking of unwanted pregnancies with their wives,

2 Likes

Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by English1(f): 9:09am On Nov 22, 2006
My Nigerian boyfriend had it done. It was something he'd been thinking about for a long time and he has no regrets.

It doesn't do the man's body any harm, that's just being dumb ignorant.

You do know that the man still ejaculates exactly the same as before?

2 Likes

Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by harvey(m): 9:53am On Nov 22, 2006
i think thats wrong how and why will i stop the flow of sperm when making love.its crazy all this oyinbo go dey inroduce some nonesnse and we black no go take time check am out,we go just begin use am.its crazy.diddy4 i agree with u man.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by English1(f): 8:55am On Nov 23, 2006
For goodness sake, for the last time - it doesn't stop you having an orgasm and you still produce the same fluid when you orgasm! You won't notice anything different at all. It doesn't harm your health. It doesn't have any effect whatsoever on your sex life apart from making you both feel more relaxed as you know that you won't be making a baby. So in that way, it improves your sex life.

Some men are just big babies about these things - they are too scared to have a 10 minute operation on their parts. What a weak man. Or else they are too ignorant to know any of the facts about it and just imagine all sorts of rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by harvey(m): 9:37am On Nov 23, 2006
as for me weather good or bad,i aint rolling with such.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by English1(f): 9:56am On Nov 23, 2006
Fair enough - no-one says you HAVE to have a vascectomy grin

But people shouldn't pass on wrong information. If you don't want one, don't have one, but people shouldn't put out lies to put off other people too.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by mrmayor(m): 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2006
English1,

There lots of ignorant people on this board,once you realize that the better.Most men don't know that the Semen the fluid and Sperm the reproductive cells are different things.

Sperm are the reproductive cells in men. They are produced by the seminiferous tubules of the testicles. Sperm pass through tubes called the vasa deferentia to other glands, where they mix with seminal fluids that are produced by the seminal vesicles. Seminal fluid that contains sperm is called semen. Once semen leaves the body through a guy's penis, it is also called ejaculate. Each drop of healthy ejaculate contains millions of sperm.

Vasectomy stops the Sperm (cells) from joining with the Semen(fluid).There are new methods that don't require the knife.Non-Scalpel Vasectomy.This method just uses a clip instead of the knife and makes the reverse process easy

1 Like

Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by Scorpio(f): 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2006
Mrmayor, one question still,,,wat do u mean by the reverse process?
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by mrmayor(m): 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2006
Scorpio,

The Reverse Process is when the man wishes to more children and the process can be reversed,the best method is Non-Scalpel Surgery or Keyhole.

Non-Scalpel Vasectomy is a Keyhole,where the doctor opens a little hole in the Scotrum to CLIP the tubes linking the sacks containing the Sperm from mixing the Semen during ejaculation.If the man wants to have more children,all the doctor does is to open op the hole and remove the clip.

Its a better option than the traditional method which involves cutting the links between the Sperm and Semen.

A vasectomy will not affect a man's sex drive or ability to enjoy sex. You will still have erections and produce the same amount of fluid when you ejaculate. The only difference is that the fluid will not contain sperm. Your body will still produce sperm, but they can't travel out through your penis and are naturally reabsorbed by the body,

1 Like

Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:48pm On Nov 23, 2006
English1:

But people shouldn't pass on wrong information. If you don't want one, don't have one, but people shouldn't put out lies to put off other people too.

Unfortunately you will see alot of this concerning various topics on this board

and yea it can be reversed so I dont know what the big deal is.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by English1(f): 12:46am On Nov 24, 2006
I guess you don't get much education on human biology in Nigeria sad
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by English1(f): 12:46am On Nov 24, 2006
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by Scorpio(f): 12:57am On Nov 24, 2006
@Mrmayor, thank ya lotz smiley
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by zebudaya(m): 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2006
Reverse or irreversible. I aint doing it after all its's still a surgery and complications might arise that would screw up my gbola forever. surgeries are bad fullstop. unless they are to correct something that has gone bad!. My gbola is in great condition!!

Any mature woman whoknows what she's doing wont get pregnant.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by feelgood(m): 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2006
@English1 & mrmayor
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Don't know the one I belonged to, but sure is grateful to you for your enlightenment.

But then, would I like a vasectomy? Nope. Prefer to remain the way I am  wink

@BlackMamba
Strong words, hard words. Must be very upset indeed - only thing is don't see why you should.

Be cool, it's a great world y'all
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by BlackMamba(m): 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2006
feelgood:

@BlackMamba
Strong words, hard words. Must be very upset indeed - only thing is don't see why you should.

English1:

This is why.
Especially when I know the quality of human biology I got in a Naija public school. If few guys online do not understand what vasectomy is, that does not in any way tarnish the education of over 100 million people.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by Freestyl(m): 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2006
That's too crazy. but you can do it if you wish because you have your own life to live.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by English1(f): 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2006
Black mamba - I haven't laughed so much for a long time, thanks.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2006
zebudaya:

Any mature woman whoknows what she's doing wont get pregnant.

Care to elaborate?
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by BlackMamba(m): 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2006
English1:

Black mamba - I haven't laughed so much for a long time, thanks.

You're very welcome, sweety. cool
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by segedoo(m): 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2006
@blackmamba
BlackMamba:

Why are getting bitchy about this . Your man already got a vasectomy and I hope he's f*cking you better than ever. Shut the f*ck up, and keep your filthy mouth on your man's d*ck.

i couldn't have said it any better

@english1
you shouldn't judge nigerian education just because of a few ignorant comments. for you to make such statement about biology in naija schools u need to have questioned a sample size of about 2500 nigerians.

i guess u displayed some ignorance yourself and who doesn't anyway. we are all students till we die. cool
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by zebudaya(m): 12:29am On Nov 29, 2006
ThiefOfHearts:

Care to elaborate?

I don't know as well as a 'mature' woman would, but i know that there are pills u can take, and there are times a woman can have sex and have a very low chance of concieving, in addition there's that 2 day pill, if you think you're pregnant.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 29, 2006
Vasectomy,Non-Scalpel Vasectomy ,reverse process e.t.c, can i do it? hmmm, my white wife said we should do it after having our last born(we got two already), i turned around and i told her to block her womb, guess what she said, u r right , she said no, WOMEN!!!, why can't women block their wombs?

@English1, Please don't turn this forum to war of countries. We all knw the kind of human biology thought in England.
underage sex+underagemun=council flat+benefits.(maybe we shuld call it biomath)
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:32am On Nov 29, 2006
zebudaya:

I don't know as well as a 'mature' woman would, but i know that there are pills u can take, and there are times a woman can have sex and have a very low chance of concieving, in addition there's that 2 day pill, if you think you're pregnant.

lol. ok would you be happy if you were Hot and you wife/girlfriend were to tell you, No, not today, I'm ovulating?
You are right about birth control however they have side effects, I know that doesnt mean anything to most guys as they think only of themselves but the biggest side effect of birthcontrol is Weight Gain, which I'm sure alot of you wouldnt appreciate.
The 2 day pill aka Plan B is pretty much the abortion pill,  and sometimes it causes complications. Kinda weird for guys to be against abortion yet willing to ask their girls to take the abortion pill

Lol, irony   wink

1 Like

Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:34am On Nov 29, 2006
cool4ny:

, she said no, WOMEN!!!, why can't women block their wombs?

Alot of women get their tubes tied. Again, it's reversible so its not that big of a deal.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by frankiriri(m): 11:25am On Nov 29, 2006
Thank God the process is reversible.
Im all for it. I'll get it done when Im through with having kids
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by osegwu(m): 11:58am On Nov 29, 2006
As for me, I like been the way The creator made me. No Doctor is going to cut me
open to do any funny thing to me reversible or no reversible. But tht foes not mean
Vasectomy is wrong. It is not but then it is a matter of like and dislike and no man
should be called an ignorant simply cos he doesn't want himself cut.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by osegwu(m): 12:00pm On Nov 29, 2006
frankiriri:

Thank God the process is reversible.
I'm all for it. I'll get it done when I'm through with having kids

And when will that be?
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by mathways(m): 12:09pm On Nov 29, 2006
@English1,
hey,girl,pls don't in anyway insult the Nigerians in this forum.Making a generalization based on the comments of a few guys here is really baseless.And besides,I even doubt your professed knowledge of human Biology.There are lots of high school students in here based in Nigeria who can teach you stuffs in Biology.ou've got to have a rethink on the IQ of Nigerians.
On a general note,taking to vasectomy is highy preferential.He who thinks he needs it should go for it.I have never thought about it-but if it's "necessary" then for real,I'll go for it.
Re: Vasectomy In Men - Would You Consider It? by frankiriri(m): 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2006
@ Osegwu
Its not immediate . grin grin grin. Im not even married.
Im just saying that I'll do it when Im good n ready. ( Say in the next 10 years)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Handle This Issue With My Neighbour? / Which Of Your New Year Resolutions Have You Reneged On? / I Don't Feel Any Urge Or Passion for my wife anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.