Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria (5533 Views)

5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai / Poor State Of Nigerian Prisons (photos) / PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
The Governor launched a scheme called ORASE (Operation renovate all schools in Ekiti state)'

From the report, all the 183 high schools in the state were renovated).

I have a few snapshots of some of the schools renovated
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
If you call painting roofs and buildings renovation! And mind you do not post SUBEB projects...

emiye: The Governor launched a scheme called ORASE (Operation renovate all schools in Ekiti state)'

From the report, all the 183 high schools in the state were renovated).

I have a few snapshots of some of the schools renovated
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
smartchoice: now that your photo shop engineer has stepped up his game please show us the associated costs cos all we hear is rehabilitation and rehabilitation and since you have deliberately decided to inflict a partial amnesia upon yourself by displaying small portions of roads built by previous administrations that have gone bad has your ORIGINAL project ideas please avail us of the associated costs that justifies 38billion naira borrowed and the State allocation for 3 years! shocked

Please, i absolutely have no business with you and your jaundiced view, Get over the sacking of Oni's administration.,at least Oni was in govt for almost 3.5years, you can show the pix of what he did on a different thread
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
Most importantly, Chief Adeleye Awolumate would not have been murdered in Otun, Ayo Murphy Jeje and 76 year old Madam Juliana Adewumi would not have been killed in Erijiyan-Ekiti for holding PDP/M.O.B meetings if Fayemi had not gotten to power through the back door,” an Ekiti resident said.

1 Like

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
Oyebode CPS to Fayemi hahhhahaahaha you deserve to be sacked! grin
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
All the projects executed or being executed by the past PDP government and were roundly condemned by Fayemi are the ones he is now inaugurating and advertising as his achievements

DENY THIS!

1 Like

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
It is only a government that does not mean well for the people that would spend borrowed funds on projects like construction of new government house, government pavilion, civic centre, generator powered street lights, laying of asphalt on already asphalted roads, planting of flowers, among others questionable projects and be celebrating it.

Deny it also

1 Like

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
a part pix of the schools renovated

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
“Yesterday (Monday), the governor commissioned the 11.64km Irele-Ponyan (Kogi State) road. This was the same road that Fayemi accused the PDP government of behaving like Father Christmas by constructing roads beyond Ekiti State borders.

1 Like

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
Justifying over 100billion accrued to him apart from the 38billion he borrowed, the monthly IGR and the excess crude allocation?

emiye: a part pix of the schools renovated

1 Like

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Kingspin(m): 4:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
That is one of the worst mistake in the Nigeria history a situation where states are created for political purposes rather than economic buoyant and independent. When i tell people that most state in Nigeria are 'lazy' everything is share the money across board and the question i always ask is what have you done sitting down in your state only to be receiving huge amount of money every month from somewhere you have not be to - This is madness. Every state should produce and feed their people that is true federalism. If you have food or palm oil or cocoa, entrepreneurs or any thing massively bring it out nationally. This issue of one Nigeria with oil in our mind should stop for true federal system. We cant chop books but need development.
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
more schools

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
You're so correct...I believe there's a curse attached to the way our indolent Natl and State govts have been plundering the Niger Delta!

Kingspin: That is one of the worst mistake in the Nigeria history a situation where states are created for political purposes rather than economic buoyant and independent. When i tell people that most state in Nigeria are 'lazy' everything is share the money across board and the question i always ask is what have you done sitting down in your state only to be receiving huge amount of money every month from somewhere you have not be to - This is madness. Every state should produce and feed their people that is true federalism. If you have food or palm oil or cocoa, entrepreneurs or any thing massively bring it out nationally. This issue of one Nigeria with oil in our mind should stop for true federal system. We cant chop books but need development.

1 Like

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
snapshots of some sections of the school

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 20, 2013
“Listing already completed roads like Okemesi-Ajindo-Ikoro-Ijero, Isan-Ilemeso, Ikole-Iyemero, Ise-Emure-Supare, Ilawe-Igede, Iludun-Eda Oniyo-Obo Ayegunle Boundary, Ilawe-Erijinyan, Isinbode-Iro-Federal-Iro-Irun and roads like Ado-Iworoko-Ifaki, Osun-Osan among other roads that were under construction before Fayemi became governor is to say the least fraudulent.”
[b][/b]
According to Oni, he was shocked when he saw the roads listed in the State 2013 Diary as those initiated by the Fayemi-led ACN government.
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
Face it your Master is a JUDICIAL IMPOSITION on Ekiti State!
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Having lied to gain power, one would have expected that Dr. Fayemi would stop lying, but from the look of things, he is not prepared to stop deceiving the people. Isn’t it shameful and deceitful that a governor would list roads that were completed more than two years before he assumed office as projects initiated by his government and published same in the State Diary?
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
more pix of schools from outside

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Where serious Govs are building MEGA schools and using economies of scales you people are busy putting roofs over almost collapsed structures! Mental indolence!
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2013
smartchoice: Where serious Govs are building MEGA schools and using economies of scales you people are busy putting roofs over almost collapsed structures! Mental indolence!

In 3.5 years of Oni;s administration, he built no mega school, Shame on him . He also left the available ones to rot.

If the governor start building mega school, people like you will start ranting "why is he not renovating the schools ?"

By the way,current Ondo state govt admin. has been there for five years and it is at least 4 times richer than Ekiti state how many mega schools has it built now? SMH

2 Likes

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
some more schools

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2013
emiye:
By the way,current Ondo state govt admin. has been there for five years and it is at least 4 times richer than Ekiti state how many mega schools has it built now? SMH

undecided
REALLY THAT'S BRILLIANT OF YOU....SO YOU CAN BORROW TO BUILD A NEEDLESS GOVT HOUSE ABI?
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
smartchoice:

undecided
REALLY THAT'S BRILLIANT OF YOU....SO YOU CAN BORROW TO BUILD A NEEDLESS GOVT HOUSE ABI?

I am aware the current govt. house will be turned to a hotel. That hotel has a revenue generation capacity for your state.
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
section of schools snapshots

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by seanet01: 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
smartchoice:

undecided
Mr. Man, you had better display some civility or senses, if i descend on you ediot,
I will ensure you i use you to mop the floor before i e-sever your head from your neck.
I am not Emiye... I Have double degree combined with triple Ph.d in Smashing ediots like you on nairaland
Big Bastard you are.
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
and will generate the tens of billions about to be wasted?

emiye:

I am aware the current govt. house will be turned to a hotel. That hotel has a revenue generation capacity for your state.
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
WOW! and you talk of civility? shocked

seanet01:
Mr. Man, you had better display some civility or senses, if i descend on you ediot,
I will ensure you i use you to mop the floor before i e-sever your head from your neck.
I am not Emiye... I Have double degree combined with triple Ph.d in Smashing ediots like you on nairaland
Big Bastard you are.

One more word from you, and you will get banned.

1 Like

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by seanet01: 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
smartchoice: WOW! and you talk of civility? One more word from you, and you will get banned.
Now i have replied. What the heck are you going to do?
Or you think am one of those you normally harass at your village with stolen cars?
You have been throwing tantrums about since God knows when on this board, if emiye is being soft on,
People like me will teach you the leason you have never learnt
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
Like you thought OAM4J
https://www.nairaland.com/1242725/oam4j-what-exactly-problem#15020191

seanet01:
Now i have replied. What the heck are you going to do?
Or you think am one of those you normally harass at your village with stolen cars?
You have been throwing tantrums about since God knows when on this board, if emiye is being soft on,
People like me will teach you the leason you have never learnt

Just wait 4 your husband OAM4J, he dey come knack you AKPACKO once again! grin grin cheesy
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
I wasn't going to comment, but those op pictures cracked me up grin grin

If this is how Ekiti indigenes think, then I'm sorry for them. Look at achievements, something too small for a local govt to do grin

1 Like

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Exactly my points!

Promhize: I wasn't going to comment, but those op pictures cracked me up grin grin

If this is how Ekiti indigenes think, then I'm sorry for them. Look at achievements, something too small for a local govt to do grin
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by seanet01: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
smartchoice:
Like you thought OAM4J
https://www.nairaland.com/1242725/oam4j-what-exactly-problem#15020191

What is this one saying?
If you have problem with what is being discussed on this board or thread,
Please open your own thread, stop regurgitating same nonsense everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Goat Who Saw Tomorrow! - (graphic Pics) / Gulf Of Guinea Piracy: Nigeria Recorded Zero Piracy Incidents In 2022 - FG / Former Minister, Labaran Maku Get Caught In A Web Of N37 Billion Hidden In Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.