Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria (5535 Views)

5 Months As A Governor, I Am Already Tired - El Rufai / Poor State Of Nigerian Prisons (photos) / PDP To Summon Minister Over Poor State Of Federal Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by seanet01: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Promhize: I wasn't going to comment, but those op pictures cracked me up grin grin

If this is how Ekiti indigenes think, then I'm sorry for them. Look at achievements, something too small for a local govt to do grin
Why don't you come up with the village roundabouts that is normally use as a yardstick for development in your gully erosion and human eaters infested region?
Hating is why you and your people have always been backward

1 Like

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
Improve your reputation to equate that of Emiye maybe then ...just maybe I may consider exchanging words with you.

seanet01:
What is this one saying?
If you have problem with what is being discussed on this board or thread,
Please open your own thread, stop regurgitating same nonsense everywhere
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by seanet01: 5:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
smartchoice: moreso in that death hole he calls a teaching hospital without an ICU...how many docs have resigned under his administration? And why does he insist that they pay tuition from money they generate? Hence inability to employ capable hands! Or why is that eediot doctor who heads Gynaecology section keep driving patients to his slaughter slab called mother and child in Adebayo (former Unad healthcentre)? where he has no qualified nurse not even one!
And you have the guts to call the father of somebody and ediot?
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by seanet01: 5:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
smartchoice: Improve your reputation to equate that of Emiye maybe then ...just maybe I may consider exchanging words with you.

Babanla ku Nonsense.....
It is people like you whose soul has been exchanged for monetary returns that needs to improve their reputation..
The best thing for you is to post the pics of the projects completed by Oni and co and rate it alongside that of Fayemi and stop talking trash.
I am not interested in whatever you are, you are a nonentity to me and can go hug a wet transformer
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
Only the truth can set you free!
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
APC is a new party, give us Gubernatorial primaries!
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by seanet01: 5:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
smartchoice: APC is a new party, give us Gubernatorial primaries!
If APC does give you primaries, the worst you can do is go and form your own party.
There is no room for somebody who came third in a Primary election like Segun Oni to buy his way out with stolen funds and rigmarole his way to the first position.

1 Like

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
seanet01:
Why don't you come up with the village roundabouts that is normally use as a yardstick for development in your gully erosion and human eaters infested region?
Hating is why you and your people have always been backward

Who told u am from the east. Your pictures are just funny, re-painted schools as achievement grin grin
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by seanet01: 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
Promhize:

Who told u am from the east. Your pictures are just funny, re-painted schools as achievement grin grin
Please post the achievements of Oni
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
Promhize:

Call it whatever you like, those projects are only very few of the many executed by the administration in less than 3 years. Some of the pictures were taken over a year ago.
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by atlwireles: 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2013
One of the reason, I like Nairaland, people are compelled to post pictures of their so called achievement. I hereby forgive and offer a public apology to the chairman of Ughelli south local government area. For all the insults and arguments, we have had together.You have done well compared to this pictures from Ekiti state.

1 Like

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 7:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
smartchoice: and will generate the tens of billions about to be wasted?

I can go hard on you, but i want to move you up to a sensible level of debate.

N.B the pictures i have posted are not the total reflection of the development in the states

there are other great stuffs mentioned in the opening post

The state govt is not spending "tens of billions" in building a govt. house, the current govt house was designed as a hotel, and has certain limitations. the current govt house when returned to the original functionality ,which is a hotel will generate more revenue to the state in a short while.The state govt has increased its monthly Internally Generated Revenue from 106million to over 1 billion naira in less than 3 years

Prove that the state is spending tens of billions to build a govt. house.
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2013
atlwireles: One of the reason, I like Nairaland, people are compelled to post pictures of their so called achievement. I hereby forgive and offer a public apology to the chairman of Ughelli south local government area. For all the insults and arguments, we have had together.You have done well compared to this pictures from Ekiti state.

If i tell you to post pictures of achievements of Delta state governor with six(6) times the budget of Ekiti state and has been governor for close to 7 years, you will chicken out.

Shove your delta state to your asss.

2 Likes

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
Omexonomy: APC DOGS you deserve an increase in ur pay.
without missing words, there is no governor that is working in this nation.
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by atlwireles: 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
emiye:

If i tell you to post pictures of achievements of Delta state governor with six(6) times the budget of Ekiti state and has been governor for close to 7 years, you will chicken out.

Shove your delta state to your asss.

Are you high on some cheap Ekiti Indian hemp or what Mind yourself and sell your rotten products to your fellow APC e-rats
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
seanet01:
Please post the achievements of Oni

You don't understand. I'm not supporting any party, but if your pictures are his achievements, hmm I reserve my comment so that I won't be termed an Igbo bigot
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
Kingspin: That is one of the worst mistake in the Nigeria history a situation where states are created for political purposes rather than economic buoyant and independent. When i tell people that most state in Nigeria are 'lazy' everything is share the money across board and the question i always ask is what have you done sitting down in your state only to be receiving huge amount of money every month from somewhere you have not be to - This is madness. Every state should produce and feed their people that is true federalism. If you have food or palm oil or cocoa, entrepreneurs or any thing massively bring it out nationally. This issue of one Nigeria with oil in our mind should stop for true federal system. We cant chop books but need development.

When Fayemi came in on Otober 16, 2010, the state IGR was 106 million, in three years it is averaging 1.6billion naira.

That is some whopping 1,500% increase in the IGR.

Read this:

Dr. Kayode Fayemi kept critics to silence on his industrialization revampment when he brought back to life the abandoned and snake habituated Ikogosi tourism hub, the transformation of the former Odua Textiles into Odua Skill Acquisition Centre; Commencement of mining activities by the Fountain Solid Minerals Company in Itawure, Orin, Isan and Ijero; Establishment of Starch/Fructose Processing Factory in the State; Commencement of Kaolin Exploration in Isan-Ekiti; Establishment of Artisan Village; Establishment of Cement Depot by Aliko Dangote; Establishment of Ceramic Tiles and Sanitary Ware Industry; Establishment of Alpha Rolling Mill; Establishment of Computer Accessories and Electronic Market; Establishment of Ekiti Shopping Mall (Shoprite) among others.
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
atlwireles:

Are you high on some cheap Ekiti Indian hemp or what Mind yourself and sell your rotten products to your fellow APC e-rats

You either open a thread on uduaghwan achievements or keep shut.

I wont entertain you any further.
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Chino72: 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ekiti state is still largely a rural state..
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by atlwireles: 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
emiye:

You either open a thread on uduaghwan achievements or keep shut.

I wont entertain you any further.

Bloody ediot, did I ever address your stupid rear end.You are suffering from serious inferior complex. Take your junk to somebody else.
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
OP,

Well done
Keep on the good work

APC and Ekiti ko ni baje oo

1 Like

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by OAM4J: 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2013
smartchoice: If you call painting roofs and buildings renovation! And mind you do not post SUBEB projects...

Na wa o!

I couldn't help but post cos of you. I believe you are from Ekiti, at least appreciate "the little" he is doing even though you want more and believe the state deserves more. If only you know how many states who get 10 times what Ekiti is getting and have far less to show for such level of income you will "se ope tie". From what I have read and seen here and elsewhere, Fayemi deserves some commendations.
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by seanet01: 9:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
OAM4J:

Na wa o!

I couldn't help but post cos of you. I believe you are from Ekiti, at least appreciate "the little" he is doing even though you want more and believe the state deserves more. If only you know how many states who get 10 times what Ekiti is getting and have far less to show for such level of income you will "se ope tie". From what I have read and seen here and elsewhere, Fayemi deserves some commendations.
What do you expect from somebody who is notorious for Ignorance?
In a situation where reading and explanation cannot cure ignorance, the next line of action is suicide
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by emiye(m): 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Fayemi distributing cheques for community development projects to community stakeholders

Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi has presented cheques worth N238 million (Two Hundred and Thirty-Eight Million Naira) to 26 communities in the State for Community Development Projects of the State Community and Social Development Agency (EKSCDA).

Fayemi, who said that through the Community Development Plan, 26 communities would be executing a minimum of three micro community development projects, expressed optimism that the projects would further enhance community development drives even as about 78 projects with direct impact on the people would be financed through the initiative.

Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by ikweremilitant: 11:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
Jaidey-one:
you didn't have the intellectual capacity to counter the points stated by the op. If the op is a dog then you're just a nematode!!!
another dog is replyng
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50am On Oct 21, 2013
Dr. Kayode Fayemi kept critics to silence on his industrialization revampment when he brought back to life the abandoned and snake habituated Ikogosi tourism hub, the transformation of the former Odua Textiles into Odua Skill Acquisition Centre; Commencement of mining activities by the Fountain Solid Minerals Company in Itawure, Orin, Isan and Ijero; Establishment of Starch/Fructose Processing Factory in the State; Commencement of Kaolin Exploration in Isan-Ekiti; Establishment of Artisan Village; Establishment of Cement Depot by Aliko Dangote; Establishment of Ceramic Tiles and Sanitary Ware Industry; Establishment of Alpha Rolling Mill; Establishment of Computer Accessories and Electronic Market; Establishment of Ekiti Shopping Mall (Shoprite) among others.

OAM4J:

Na wa o!

@OAM4J: The highlighted pisses me off real bad! Mining of Kaolin has been going on from time immemorial in all those locations mentioned!
Cement Depot for Dangote! is an achievement of Dr. Fayemi shocked someone still asking why am getting as mad as a hornet? Now to another fallacy called the computer accessories market...THIS IS A MARKET BUILT AND OPENED BY AYO FAYOSE...ITS EVEN CALLED FAYOSE MARKET! shocked why do people lie without end...? Shoprite/Civic centre is under construction but that is being touted as an achievement ALREADY!
Fayemi is the only GOV I have seen that will commission a housing estate with only one building! This man is simply a CRIMINAL! The Odua textile is no skill acquisition center rather its being converted to lock up shops for rent! lies lies and lies am pissed off! angry angry angry
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Ewarrior: 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
Before nw we never really had threads about developmental projects in Ekiti State so I wondered if anything was happening in the state undecided

So I went online on a fact finding mission cheesy

During one of my investigations, I stumbled upon a website that published a comprehensive assesment of projects in Ekiti State alongside the cost of projects and a whole lot of other stuffs goin on there

Federal projects in the state were also assesed,its really an eye opener.

http://beacons-ng.org/get-involved/advocate

The report is available for download in pdf format
Re: Attempting The Impossible; The Story Of A Governor Of A Poor State In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2013
@OAM4J: The highlighted pisses me off real bad! Mining of Kaolin has been going on from time immemorial in all those locations mentioned!
Cement Depot for Dangote! is an achievement of Dr. Fayemi shocked someone still asking why am getting as mad as a hornet? Now to another fallacy called the computer accessories market...THIS IS A MARKET BUILT AND OPENED BY AYO FAYOSE...ITS EVEN CALLED FAYOSE MARKET! shocked why do people lie without end...? Shoprite/Civic centre is under construction but that is being touted as an achievement ALREADY!
Fayemi is the only GOV I have seen that will commission a housing estate with only one building! This man is simply a CRIMINAL! The Odua textile is no skill acquisition center rather its being converted to lock up shops for rent! lies lies and lies am pissed off! angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N’assembly To Re-work N7.29tn Budget –reps Spokesman / How President Buhari Hands Over Powers Completely To Maman Daura, See His Fears / Honour President Buhari - Kwankwaso Tells PDP Chairman Uche Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.