Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Prosperity Is An Ability - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prosperity Is An Ability (2579 Views)

Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? / Random And Crazy Posters Of The Prosperity Gospel / "Most Christians Infected With Prosperity Gospel" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prosperity Is An Ability by Joagbaje(m): 8:45am On Oct 20, 2013
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth 3 John 1:2.
Many have only thought of prosperity in terms of money or the multiplication of material possessions, but prosperity is first an ability. Material possessions or finances are often the most common symbols or indications of prosperity, which is why many equate prosperity with money; but it’s beyond money.

Let’s review the example of Joseph in Genesis 39:2; the Bible describes him as a prosperous man:

"And the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian."

We’re told that he (Joseph) made his master, Potiphar, to prosper, to the extent that Potiphar made Joseph overseer of all that he had:

"…the Lord blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the Lord was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field. And he left all that he had in Joseph’s hand…" Genesis 39:5-6.

Even after he was falsely accused and sent to prison, the Bible says that Joseph was still prosperous. He was put in charge of the prisoners and the Lord made him successful in all that he did (Genesis 39:22- 23). You can be "in prison," and be prosperous. You can be working for somebody or an organization, and be the reason for their prosperity. Consider Jacob: the Bible says he made Laban to prosper. In Genesis 30:27, Laban testified of this to Jacob and said,

"…I have learned by experience that the LORD hath blessed me for thy sake
."

Much more than the acquisition of material possessions, prosperity is the ability to help others prosper! It’s the ability to do what you want to do, go where you want to go, and be whatever you want to be to the glory of Christ! It’s the ability to please God, and walk with the Spirit, and have His glory manifested in your life! It’s the Spirit of dominion at work in your life as a child of God.

You’ve been empowered by God, not just to prosper spiritually, mentally, physically and materially, but also to make others prosperous.

4 Likes

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Aifey(m): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2013
We are a gradualy getting there.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Gombs(m): 11:58am On Oct 20, 2013
Aifey: We are a gradualy getting there.

Yeah

I wonder what folks actually mean by 'prosperity gospel'?

Much more than the acquisition of material
possessions, prosperity is the ability to help others
prosper!
It’s the ability to do what you want to do, go where you want to go, and be whatever you want to
be to the glory of Christ! It’s the ability to please
God, and walk with the Spirit, and have His glory
manifested in your life! It’s the Spirit of dominion at
work in your life as a child of God.

I hope from the above bold, they would understand what Prosperity actually means
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Joagbaje(m): 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2013
Gombs:

Yeah

I wonder what folks actually mean by 'prosperity gospel'?

The gospel is a total package .There's only one gospel of christ. And prosperity is one of the packages in it,

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by God2man(m): 7:37pm On Dec 25, 2013
Joagbaje:
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth 3 John 1:2.
Many have only thought of prosperity in terms of money or the multiplication of material possessions, but prosperity is first an ability. Material possessions or finances are often the most common symbols or indications of prosperity, which is why many equate prosperity with money; but it’s beyond money.

Let’s review the example of Joseph in Genesis 39:2; the Bible describes him as a prosperous man:

"And the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian."

We’re told that he (Joseph) made his master, Potiphar, to prosper, to the extent that Potiphar made Joseph overseer of all that he had:

"…the Lord blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the Lord was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field. And he left all that he had in Joseph’s hand…" Genesis 39:5-6.

Even after he was falsely accused and sent to prison, the Bible says that Joseph was still prosperous. He was put in charge of the prisoners and the Lord made him successful in all that he did (Genesis 39:22- 23). You can be "in prison," and be prosperous. You can be working for somebody or an organization, and be the reason for their prosperity. Consider Jacob: the Bible says he made Laban to prosper. In Genesis 30:27, Laban testified of this to Jacob and said,

."

Much more than the acquisition of material possessions, prosperity is the ability to help others prosper! It’s the ability to do what you want to do, go where you want to go, and be whatever you want to be to the glory of Christ! It’s the ability to please God, and walk with the Spirit, and have His glory manifested in your life! It’s the Spirit of dominion at work in your life as a child of God.

You’ve been empowered by God, not just to prosper spiritually, mentally, physically and materially, but also to make others prosperous.

it may be the reason for the failure of some banks in Nigeria.

@Joagbaje, God bless you for this post. It has opened my spiritual mind and given me a better idea about prosperity Gospel.

God2man.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Oyinprince(m): 8:16pm On Dec 25, 2013
Glory!
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
PROSPERITY IS THE SPIRIT OF DOMINION AT WORK - VERY CORRECT.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 12:34am On Dec 26, 2013
Joagbaje:

."

This does not address nor relate to the more real problem of human suffering. The book of Job clearly states that God enriches the evil man and grants him long life, that contradicts what you are saying now.

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Joagbaje(m): 8:08am On Dec 26, 2013
Kay 17:

This does not address nor relate to the more real problem of human suffering. The book of Job clearly states that God enriches the evil man and grants him long life, that contradicts what you are saying now.

God enrich the evil man for only one reason :

Job 27:16
Though he heap up silver as the dust,
and prepare raiment as the clay;
He may prepare it, but the just shall put it on

Ecclesiastes 2:26
. . .but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God. This also is vanity and vexation of spirit.

Proverbs 13:22
. . . the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 8:53am On Dec 26, 2013
Joagbaje:

God enrich the evil man for only one reason :

Job 27:16
Though he heap up silver as the dust,
and prepare raiment as the clay;
He may prepare it, but the just shall put it on

Ecclesiastes 2:26
. . .but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God. This also is vanity and vexation of spirit.

Proverbs 13:22
. . . the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.

If you read the entirety of that particular chapter (27), Job is saying that the wicked do not suffer from poverty, but upon their deaths, they lose their souls, making all their efforts on earth futile. That is their punishment.

on earth they are prosperous.

Why do the wicked still live, continue on, also become very powerful? Their descendants are established with them in their sight, and their offspring before their eyes, their houses are safe from fear, neither is the rod of God on them. His ox mates without fail; his cow calves and does not abort. They send forth their little ones like the flock, and their children skip about. They sing to the timbrel and harp and rejoice at the sound of the flute. They spend their days in prosperity, and suddenly they go down to Sheol. And they say to God, 'Depart from us! We do not even desire the knowledge of your ways. Who is the Almighty, that we should serve him, and what would we gain if we entreat him?'" Job 21:7-15

The tents of the destroyers prosper, and those who provoke God are secure..." Job 12:6
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Joagbaje(m): 8:16am On Apr 15, 2015
What's the point you're getting at
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 1:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
My point is clear, Job is a very clear example that your message is false. God sends evil to the way of good people like Job.

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Emmalot121(m): 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
Kay17:
My point is clear, Job is a very clear example that your message is false. God sends evil to the way of good people like Job.
There is difference btw sending and permitting.

2 Likes

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 2:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
Emmalot121:
There is difference btw sending and permitting.

Such difference wouldn't be significant.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Joagbaje(m): 2:15am On Apr 17, 2015
Kay17:

James 1:16-17 (KJV Strong's)
Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Hes a good God.

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 2:34am On Apr 17, 2015
Joagbaje:

James 1:16-17 (KJV Strong's)
Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Hes a good God.

It does not say God does not likewise send evil from above. In Job, God sends both good and evil.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Joagbaje(m): 4:10am On Apr 17, 2015
So why will God afflict his children with poverty? Is that candid tent with his provision in christ?
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by vooks: 5:12am On Apr 17, 2015
Matthew 5:45 New King James Version (NKJV)

45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

This is a fact of life; your own congregation are not necessarily ANY better than your nearest masjid dudes. And besides, 'Christian' nations would generally fare better than 'non-Christian' nations throughout history and today.

Of course you will blame the Christians for 'lack of revelation about their rights in Christ'. None of those verses you shared mentioned naming and claiming; it states that as a matter-of-fact, not conditional to 'claiming it'

Joagbaje:
So why will God afflict his children with poverty? Is that candid tent with his provision in christ?
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Gombs(m): 6:35am On Apr 17, 2015
^^
Jo asked you a short and precise question, I'd appreciate it if you can answer in like manner. I'd ask you what he asked...

"Why would God afflict His children with poverty?
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 6:54am On Apr 17, 2015
Kay17:

It does not say God does not likewise send evil from above. In Job, God sends both good and evil.
That book is deep. I don't agree God sends evil. God is good not evil. Man has a choice.

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 17, 2015
Joagbaje:

."

so where was the prosperity of the early disciples?
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 11:47am On Apr 17, 2015
ABDULADINO:
That book is deep. I don't agree God sends evil. God is good not evil. Man has a choice.

Did Job have the choice to select the State of his well-being?! No he did not.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Joagbaje(m): 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
davidylan:

so where was the prosperity of the early disciples?

What is prosperity? Is it Extravagant life?
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by vooks: 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
Define prosperity

Joagbaje:

What is prosperity? Is it Extravagant life?
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Joagbaje(m): 6:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
I asked the question. Because I know the foundational understanding of it is where the problem lies

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
Kay17:

Did Job have the choice to select the State of his well-being?! No he did not.
Job chose fear not faith.Without faith it is impossible to please God.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
ABDULADINO:
Job chose fear not faith.Without faith it is impossible to please God.

Do you remember the accusations Job's friends made against him? If you did, you would know you are replicating their accusations.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 7:50am On Apr 19, 2015
Kay17:

Do you remember the accusations Job's friends made against him? If you did, you would know you are replicating their accusations.
Lol, i am not. I am just telling you what the scriptures says.For the thing that I fear comes upon me, and what I dread befalls me. ...Job 3:25 KJV - Job said it with his own mouth not his friends nor me.

You cannot please God without faith. Faith is the absence of fear. grin

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2015
ABDULADINO:
Lol, i am not. I am just telling you what the scriptures says.For the thing that I fear comes upon me, and what I dread befalls me. ...Job 3:25 KJV - Job said it with his own mouth not his friends nor me.

Besides it was not Job's lack of faith that caused his sufferings. God did.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by vooks: 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
Job's woes were unrelated to his fears, in fact in heaven, his fears were never mentioned by either God or Satan. You are magnifying the impact of his fears. Paul had fears too

2 Corinthians 7:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 For, when we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears.

This particular verse has been immortalized in the Just As I Am hymn btw. The point is you (Pentecostals/WOF) have magnified fear into something it is not. Believers fear fearing more than they trust in Jesus
ABDULADINO:

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by peedeeasobie(m): 1:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
Kay17:

You have a good misconception of the story of job!
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 4:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
Kay17:

Besides it was not Job's lack of faith that caused his sufferings. God did.
God did not caused the suffering of Job. Satan did and God allowed it. Job's unfounded fears led to his demise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Heaven Really Pure & Without Sin? / Check Out This Church Banner. Picture. / Tithing Is Of The Law And Not Meant For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.