Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,524 members, 7,837,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Prosperity Is An Ability - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prosperity Is An Ability (2617 Views)

Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? / Random And Crazy Posters Of The Prosperity Gospel / "Most Christians Infected With Prosperity Gospel" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
Fear was mentioned but in this case it was a reverence for God.Go back and read the book of Job.
vooks:

Job's woes were unrelated to his fears, in fact in heaven, his fears were never mentioned by either God or Satan. You are magnifying the impact of his fears. Paul had fears too

2 Corinthians 7:5 King James Version (KJV)
5 For, when we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears.

This particular verse has been immortalized in the Just As I Am hymn btw. The point is you (Pentecostals/WOF) have magnified fear into something it is not. Believers fear fearing more than they trust in Jesus
You are delving into irrelevance here. I am not WOF/pentecoastal. And even at that scriptures record 365 FEAR NOT for a reason, both in OT and NT not just to fill the pages of the book. God is the author of Faith. Where doubts, fears and confusion sets in satan holds sway. You may be afraid sometimes but the bible never encourages anyone to stay in fear. These things are written for our learning.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by vooks: 4:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
ABDULADINO:
Fear was mentioned but in this case it was a reverence for God.
Ever heard of 'fears' of God? Paul is listing his struggles and he sneaks in 'fears of God'?

Go back and read the book of Job. You are delving into irrelevance here. I am not WOF/pentecoastal. And even at that scriptures record 365 FEAR NOT for a reason, both in OT and NT not just to fill the pages of the book. God is the author of Faith. Where doubts, fears and confusion sets in satan holds sway. You may be afraid sometimes but the bible never encourages anyone to stay in fear. These things are written for our learning.
Point is Job's fears had nothing to do with what befell him contrary to your assertion by throwing that verse around
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
vooks:

Ever heard of 'fears' of God? Paul is listing his struggles and he sneaks in 'fears of God'?
You made a false assertion that Job fear was never mentioned and i said it was but in this case a reverence for God.( Job 1:9).

Point is Job's fears had nothing to do with what befell him contrary to your assertion by throwing that verse around
You err not knowing the scripture. Job feared trouble or calamity( Job3:25-26).

A chief reason why he had to sacrifice continually to God after his sons had a feast thinking they had sinned( Job 1:5).

Truth be told Job alluded his riches to his own righteousness rather than God's grace and favour.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by vooks: 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
You are confused.
I said that 'the thing that I feared most' is not what caused Job's calamities. This verse is misquoted by WOFers to prove that fear can cause calamities just as Job's. This is a falsehood

ABDULADINO:
You made a false assertion that Job fear was never mentioned and i said it was but in this case a reverence for God.( Job 1:9).

A chief reason why he had to sacrifice continually to God after his sons had a feast thinking they had sinned( Job 1:5).

Truth be told Job alluded his riches to his own righteousness rather than God's grace and favour.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 6:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
vooks:

You are confused.
I said that 'the thing that I feared most' is not what caused Job's calamities. This verse is misquoted by WOFers to prove that fear can cause calamities just as Job's. This is a falsehood

Ok, no need to resort to insult. I am not confused. I am fully persuaded that Job fears was the troubles that befell him which was clearly SPELT OUT in Job 3:26....Cheers.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by vooks: 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
Facts
1. Job feared calamity
2. Calamities befell Job

Your conclusion from #1 and #2
3. Job's fear brought calamities

Vooks insists,
#3 is a faulty conclusion since we see calamities came from the heavenlies as Satan attempted to prove that Job's faithfulness to God was predicated on his blessings

Comprende?
ABDULADINO:
Ok, no need to resort to insult. I am not confused. I am fully persuaded that Job fears was the troubles that befell him which was clearly SPELT OUT in Job 3:26....Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 1:37am On Apr 20, 2015
vooks:

Facts
1. Job feared calamity
2. Calamities befell Job

Your conclusion from #1 and #2
3. Job's fear brought calamities

Vooks insists,
#3 is a faulty conclusion since we see calamities came from the heavenlies as Satan attempted to prove that Job's faithfulness to God was predicated on his blessings

Comprende?
Yawn..Going in circles with you is really burdensome and boring... We decipher and understand OT in the light of the new.. The devil chief ministry is to kill, steal and destroy and his weapons are fear , intimidation,confusion etc etc... In all OT the devil was never exposed until Jesus showed up.

Let’s get this clear from the start. Tragedy, troubles and terror are direct attacks of Satan, whose total focus is to steal, kill, and destroy any way he can (John 10:10). Getting us to question these things and question the love of God like you and an atheist are insinuating is just part of Satan’s plan to discourage, defeat and torment. When troubles and tragedies happen, it is not a judgment of God permitted in order to correct or teach us something. A new testament believer has the Holy Spirit so he has a more better knowledge, a better convenant and better understanding of who God is and how He operates. Comprende? angry

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by vooks: 7:22am On Apr 20, 2015
Too much verbiage. Answer this question from this verse;
Job 3:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

Did Job's fear earn him his calamities?

ABDULADINO:
[s]Yawn..Going in circles with you is really burdensome and boring... We decipher and understand OT in the light of the new.. The devil chief ministry is to kill, steal and destroy and his weapons are fear , intimidation,confusion etc etc... In all OT the devil was never exposed until Jesus showed up.

Let’s get this clear from the start. Tragedy, troubles and terror are direct attacks of Satan, whose total focus is to steal, kill, and destroy any way he can (John 10:10). Getting us to question these things and question the love of God like you and an atheist are insinuating is just part of Satan’s plan to discourage, defeat and torment. When troubles and tragedies happen, it is not a judgment of God permitted in order to correct or teach us something. A new testament believer has the Holy Spirit so he has a more better knowledge, a better convenant and better understanding of who God is and how He operates. Comprende? angry[/s]
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 8:49am On Apr 20, 2015
vooks:
Too much verbiage. Answer this question from this verse;
Job 3:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

Did Job's fear earn him his calamities?

Yes according to Job's testimony. For the calamity from God was a terror to me, and by reason of his majesty I was powerless.Job 31:23
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by vooks: 8:56am On Apr 20, 2015
Are you saying that had he not feared it would not have befallen him?

ABDULADINO:
Yes according to Job's testimony. For the calamity from God was a terror to me, and by reason of his majesty I was powerless.Job 31:23

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by MrIyke222(m): 10:17am On Apr 20, 2015
Aifey:
We are a gradualy getting there.

I blive u my broda. As far as am concernd, any one who claimes 2 b prosperous or wealthy, and his so calld properity has not in any way affected any life or lives positively, he or she is not better dan d poor man out dia who cannot help himself.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by rihmjihm: 11:55am On Apr 20, 2015
The people jumping on this false testimony even forgot the man used the operative word "may". Even as he lied, he left an escape route by stating plausibility pass4sure 200-101
rather than fact. If he wants to speak fact, then he would have brought evidence of the controlled demolition (fragments of the explosive) with him.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 1:32am On Apr 21, 2015
ABDULADINO:
God did not caused the suffering of Job. Satan did and God allowed it. Job's unfounded fears led to his demise.

The story states, God ordered Satan to do so. God, for the purposes of the book of Job, is the total arbiter of all realms; both the spiritual and the physical. All causes within this realms descend from God and with his authority. Therefore these causes and Satan, are agents of God. The real cause is God while others are illusory because their causes are not efficient.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 1:51am On Apr 21, 2015
ABDULADINO:

That's the strangeness of the book of Job. Ordinarily we believe righteousness, paying tithes, being in a good sync with God grants us open doors, favours, good tidings. However, bad things happen to good people and the book of Job tries to answer that. The problem with you, is you ignore God's purpose of testing Job and blame Job like his friends did.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by vooks: 5:27am On Apr 21, 2015
Here is the point; if you have to preach against fear, don't use Job because his fears had nothing to do with his woes

Kay17:

That's the strangeness of the book of Job. Ordinarily we believe righteousness, paying tithes, being in a good sync with God grants us open doors, favours, good tidings. However, bad things happen to good people and the book of Job tries to answer that. The problem with you, is you ignore God's purpose of testing Job and blame Job like his friends did.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
Kay17:

The story states, God ordered Satan to do so. God, for the purposes of the book of Job, is the total arbiter of all realms; both the spiritual and the physical. All causes within this realms descend from God and with his authority. Therefore these causes and Satan, are agents of God. The real cause is God while others are illusory because their causes are not efficient.
God is incapable of doing anything on earth without the consent and active participation of man.Like i still maintain when troubles and tragedies happen, it is not a judgment of God permitted in order to correct or teach us something.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
vooks:
Are you saying that had he not feared it would not have befallen him?

YES,Fear leads to torment. I already said that.A loophole satan exploited.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Kay17:

Repetitions. Job himself admitted the cause of his calamity was fear not me.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
ABDULADINO:
Repetitions. Job himself admitted the cause of his calamity was fear not me.

but wasn't there a bet between God and Satan, through which wanted to test Job's faithfulness?
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by ABDULADINO(m): 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Kay17:

but wasn't there a bet between God and Satan, through which wanted to test Job's faithfulness?
Satan cannot attack without the consent of man. His chief main weapon till date is FEAR
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by vooks: 3:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
Your gospel is clearly unscriptural. Please let's stop competing at fiction and stick to the revealed Word. grin
Read Job 1 and and demonstrate to me Satan 'exploiting fear'. Which verse?

As far as I can read, Job was blessed with wealth,health and family and he FEARED God. Satan attempts to prove that his faithfulness is founded on his blessings. He proposes to remove the wealth to prove it. He is allowed to and the rest are calamities.

What part of this narrative has 'satan exploiting loophole'? Satan was ALLOWED to attack Job by God. The hedge was removed not because of his fears but INSPITE of his fear. If fear caused God to remove the hedge, why did Satan seek permission to attack him? And if he sought permission to attack him because of his fear, where do you find this recorded? Is it not part of your fertile imagination?
Read your Bible ooo

ABDULADINO:
YES,Fear leads to torment. I already said that.A loophole satan exploited.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
ABDULADINO:
Satan cannot attack without the consent of man. His chief main weapon till date is FEAR

But he can attack with God's consent, right? Doesn't God's consent override man's consent of fear? In any case, I doubt if you believe man's fear can not be overpowered by God's will.
Re: Prosperity Is An Ability by Kay17: 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
vooks:
Your gospel is clearly unscriptural. Please let's stop competing at fiction and stick to the revealed Word. grin
Read Job 1 and and demonstrate to me Satan 'exploiting fear'. Which verse?

As far as I can read, Job was blessed with wealth,health and family and he FEARED God. Satan attempts to prove that his faithfulness is founded on his blessings. He proposes to remove the wealth to prove it. He is allowed to and the rest are calamities.

What part of this narrative has 'satan exploiting loophole'? Satan was ALLOWED to attack Job by God. The hedge was removed not because of his fears but INSPITE of his fear. If fear caused God to remove the hedge, why did Satan seek permission to attack him? And if he sought permission to attack him because of his fear, where do you find this recorded? Is it not part of your fertile imagination?
Read your Bible ooo

I completely support vooks' view. The book of Job should be considered as a complete book - a complete story.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Concept Of "Sin" Clearly Debunks The Notion Of Creation. / God Must Be Joking! / New Video: Tim Godfrey Ft Travis Greene – Nara {free Video Download}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.