Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,323 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex (1073 Views)

See What This Bi-sexual Lady To Her Ex-boyffriend Who Broke Her Heart / HELP: My Supposed Mother In Law! / If Your Girlfriend Can't Do This .... She Ain't The ONE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex by vitti(m): 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2008
Well, my supposed girlfriend was in a very shaky relationship when we started datin, we were 1st friends and we eventually fell in luv, so we are supposedly datin nw but she says she can't break-up with d other guy cos she feels it doesn't make sense confrontin him with a break-up, she says she wnts 2 wait 4 him 2 com up with it 1st
i can't see why she can't jst call it quits with him, cos d guy is not forth coming with a break-up and he's jst like numb towards their relationship which is clearly not existin again but me and her are not legally together till she breaks-up with the other guy, so pls share ur views on this matter with me cos i'm feelin really confused rite nw
Re: My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex by tope2000(f): 10:45pm On Jul 06, 2008
ehn, abeg come again
didnt you know you were going to be a rebound before when you just started a relationship with a girl that is still in love with her ex??
Re: My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex by HRhotness(f): 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2008
I think she's just very attached to him. . .

when u've been in a realtionship with someone for a while, u get comfortable and very attached to that person

she just isnt ready to face life without him, even tho the feelings are no longer there
Re: My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex by DualCore1: 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2008
vitti, one thing i can assure u is tht u will never get away from this dilemma without being hurt. cUz there are just three things that can happen

1. u'll have to date her while she dates the other guy
or
2. u'll have to quit her
or
3 u'll have to date a girl who although has broken up with her other bf, is still attached to him

i'm having similar stuff with one of 'em chics, and up till this night i havnt made up my mind on letting her go.

let me try to break it down for u

in this context let her name be stacy.
ok so stacy and i are good friends, she knows i have a gf (ella) and other girlz too. Stacy has a Bf too. but we got beyond being family friends, and she said she was down with the fact tht i had ella, and she still wanted to be ma gf, not tht she was pushing ella aside. I made it clear to her tht although i had so many girlz in my life, ella is far above them all, and i dont see any girl getting to the stage ella has gotten to wit me. I asked wht she was going to do to her Bf if we started dating, she said the guy isnt serious about the whole thing so she thinks he'll soon quit. well i gave her wht she wanted and we started dating, her Bf didnt quit at first, so i told her i'll let her be with her Bf, but she said she couldnt leave the guy and she couldnt leave me tooo (na there the whole dilemma start). After a while the guy faded, so she was k1nda free, i gave the chic all she wanted just so i could make her happy. Dunno how she just drove rough sha, wen i went offshore for work and spent more than the usual time there, her cousin introduced her to another guy. now i'm back and i kept tuning her until she told me the truth tht yea she met a guy wen i was away but she doesnt know how she got herself into this again.
Well as we speak, she's waiting for me to decide wht happens to her, she's still begging tht she cant let me go, and at the same time she cant let this new guy go too, i feel for her sha, but making tht decision to let her go is one of the hardest ones to make.

well tht's the short version of the whole story,

k1nda similar to yours.

this is why i cant make a decision yet:
if i let her go, i'll most def feel the hurt, however small, cUz i see her often. if i dont let her go, we could still do "stuff" like it was just us but i sure wont feel much for her since she's got another guy.
so either ways i'mma loose something.
Re: My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex by iice(f): 10:34am On Jul 07, 2008
Am sorry but i don't get the whole dating numerous people and at the same time declaring thy undying love for each other and whoever. People be hopping from one relationship to next without even knowing the person they are and who they are growing into.
If she's over him, i don't see why its hard for her to not break up with him
If she's still attached to him, good for her that she can still be attached to him and yet find the strength to go attach onto another person. she dey try!
If she's not over him, well there you go - thats sorta normal from what i have heard.
Good luck to you sha - Una dey try!!
Re: My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex by francessby(f): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2008
She can't love you with all her heart no matter how hard you tried
Re: My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex by Emperoh(m): 10:51am On Jul 07, 2008
Dual Core
I don't know how to describe this your girl
One thing i sure, she is not in Love. I mean she is NOT IN LOVE
Else whats the respect for the person she has whatever with. Given, the situation
of the First guy makes that u can have something to do with her albeit at the expense of 'Ella'
One can also deduce that she is gaining something from the both of you. Something she doesn't want to loose
Hence a case of eating your cake and having it.

My point, let her re-evaluate her priorities and desire in a man. There is no way u can tell me that she will give you or the other new man the same rate of attention. whatever be the case, if she wants to be a player, its a given and different case but as long as its a serious relationship,
She has to leave you alone and face her man.
Re: My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex by DualCore1: 11:21am On Jul 07, 2008
Emperoh:

She has to leave you alone and face her man.
i dunno whether i have to tell her that in vernacular so she can understand.
i always tell her she isnt focused and doesnt know wht she wants.
na her stress be that sha, life goes on tongue
can't shorten my already short life cUz of a chic.
Life's too short for thoroughfare.
Re: My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex by phelex(f): 11:26am On Jul 07, 2008
hi ken
Re: My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex by CARUSO(m): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2008
@Poster

U berra be content with sharing your woman!

Chop clean mouth, and when chop time reach, chop again!!!

Eventually na person wey chop pass go wash plate!!!

So you and the guy are in a race, and if u are not ready to pull out ur fingers, u wld be permanently confused!!!

Goodluck
Re: My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex by Nautillus(m): 12:55pm On Jul 07, 2008
Oga, she's playing you 4 a sucker. give her a 2 way dead line

He goes or you go. . .period
Re: My Supposed Girlfriend Can't Break-up With Her Ex by DualCore1: 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2008
phelex:

hi ken

seyi, could u please stop?
thought we had everything all sorted out on IM and i told u to get ma name off ur list.
no u've created a brand spanking new ID, what for?

(1) (Reply)

Should I Relate My Health Problems To Her Beffore The Wedding? / Please Read I Need Ur Advice / I'm Confused: Please Guys Tell Me What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.