Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

My First Time - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My First Time (3417 Views)

Picture Of My Son Preparing For School For The First Time / 8-Month-Old Deaf Baby's Reaction To Hearing For The First Time! / How Did You Feel The First Time You Became A Father? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Time by nicky4lif(f): 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2013
When I left for my uncle's place in lagos(4years ago).I was told lagos is a very beatiful place but filled with all kinds of people.on getting to lagos,I took a bus going to my uncle area.in the bus,there were about 2 girls before I endered with me making us 3 girls and I was warned never to enter a bus with only guys on it. On getting to a particular bus stop,the two girls alighted remianing me as the only girl in the bus.when I looked round and found out I was the girl in the bus!at that time the bus had already left then I told the conductor!stop me here(1)stop me here(2)upto to 4 times I told him to stop,he still didn't alter a word,on realizing that I most have boarded a one chance bus(my uncle told me ooo)I quickly nd quietly stoodup,I start pushing the conductor while the car was on motoin.without the conductor knowing what I was upto,he started pushing me back(in my mind,this is a matter of life nd death)I started pushing him harder nd harder.u know when u are fighting for ur dear life,even if all ur mates used to beat u in fight,that day u wll borrow extra power from God knows where.thank God I was able to push this man off my way nd jumped down,as I fell on the ground with my heels,my phone was scarttered all over the place nd my bag.I quickly loocked up to find out if they had plan of buddling me back to the bus so I could run,I just saw everybody in the bus laughing their lives out,then they started telling me!this is not a bus stop.with the shame nd everything,I needed to say something atleast to make me feel I didn't fool myself!I responeded,so why didn't u tell me.wit them still laughing at me,I just picked my phone nd bag as I made a move to leave,then I realized that my right leg couldn't move so I had no choice than to enter same bus nd they dropped me where I was going cos I could nolonger walk.I was indoors for one month,before I could go out to see the much talked abt beatiful lagos.

1 Like

Re: My First Time by EfemenaXY: 12:46pm On Oct 20, 2013
I don't get it.

The title of your thread doesn't correlate with your post!

Your first time of what?? undecided
Re: My First Time by nicky4lif(f): 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2013
But u got the message after reading it,?my first time in lagos.
Efemena_xy: I don't get it.

The title of your thread doesn't correlate with your post!

Your first time of what?? undecided
Re: My First Time by EfemenaXY: 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
nicky4lif: But u got the message after reading it,?my first time in lagos.

Yeah I got the message after reading through your post - but I read through your post expecting something entirely different (as I'm sure other readers will too).

Bottom line is, you leave your readers suspended, expecting something entirely different to have happened. Your present ending falls short of expectation and the anti-climax is a poor let-down.

1 Like

Re: My First Time by Johnklein(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
thats just wat misconception abt lagos causes..
@op pls frm which city or village were u comin frm?
Re: My First Time by emperorchedda(m): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: My First Time by Johnklein(m): 1:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Yeah I got the message after reading through your post - but I read through your post expecting something entirely different (as I'm sure other readers will to).

Bottom line is, you leave your readers suspended, expecting something entirely different to have happened. Your present ending falls short of expectation and the anti-climax is a poor let-down.

yea u are right, but lets over look dat
#shitHappens
Re: My First Time by nicky4lif(f): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2013
Well,I don't know what u were expecting to hear.I just felt like sharing my first experience in lagos nd that I just did.
Efemena_xy:

Yeah I got the message after reading through your post - but I read through your post expecting something entirely different (as I'm sure other readers will to).

Re: My First Time by EfemenaXY: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2013
nicky4lif: Well,I don't know what u were expecting to hear.I just felt like sharing my first experience in lagos nd that I just did.

Tell me something: did you write that piece up there as an entertainment, fictional piece? Or just to recount what happened to you?

If the former is the case, then take my comments as a bit of constructive criticism on how to improve your writing. If the latter is the case, then just ignore my comments.
Re: My First Time by nicky4lif(f): 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
My dear I didn't come to lagos from the village,I came from the city.just needed a change of environment.
Johnklein: thats just wat misconception abt lagos causes..
Re: My First Time by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
Lol OP, funny story! The fear of Lagos is the beginning of wisdom...or foolishness, depending on how you look at it. grin

You were indoors for a whole month? shocked You probably broke a bone with those your James Bond moves! Sorry dear cheesy
Re: My First Time by nicky4lif(f): 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Well,its just my real life experience
Efemena_xy:

Tell me something: did you write that piece up there as an entertainment, fictional piece? Or just to recount what happened to you?

If the former is the case, then take my comments as a bit of constructive criticism on how to improve your writing. If the latter is the case, then just ignore my comments.
Re: My First Time by EfemenaXY: 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Johnklein:

yea u are right, but lets over look dat
#shitHappens

Yeah smiley

Johnklein: thats just wat misconception abt lagos causes..

Now that's funny! cheesy
Re: My First Time by Johnklein(m): 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2013
nicky4lif: My dear I didn't come to lagos from the village,I came from the city.just needed a change of environment.

and d name of d city is?
Re: My First Time by Johnklein(m): 1:14pm On Oct 20, 2013
ileobatojo: Lol OP, funny story! The fear of Lagos is the beginning of wisdom...or foolishness, depending on how you look at it. grin

You were indoors for a whole month? shocked You probably broke a bone with those your James Bond moves! Sorry dear cheesy
i guess frm her write up d fear brings wisdom

shez now wise i after 4yrs in lasgidi
Re: My First Time by Muttybabe(f): 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
THIS IS NOT SUPOS 2 B ON FAMILY SECTION NOW
Re: My First Time by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
OP, very funny sh1t! Sorry o.

Lagos is one crazy place I don't like visiting. Most ppl are very harsh there. The environment is not friendly at all. Public TP is worse off. You just have to be extremely careful and smart. If you survive in lagos, you can survive anywhere.
Re: My First Time by EfemenaXY: 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2013
Mutty.babe:
THIS IS NOT SUPOS 2 B ON FAMILY SECTION NOW

Depends - if it's to pass on a morale or lesson, then yes, it belongs here.

If it's purely for entertainment, then it'll do better at the literature section.
Re: My First Time by nicky4lif(f): 1:26pm On Oct 20, 2013
sad it was my heels.don't thing its the pushing.
ileobatojo: Lol OP, funny story! The fear of Lagos is the beginning of wisdom...or foolishness, depending on how you look at it. grin

Re: My First Time by nicky4lif(f): 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Yes ooo,I'm stronger nd wiser now
Chillisauce: OP, very funny sh1t! Sorry o.

Lagos is one crazy place I don't like visiting. Most ppl are very harsh there. The environment is not friendly at all. Public TP is worse off. You just have to be extremely careful and smart. If you survive in lagos, you can survive anywhere.

Re: My First Time by Annie2gud(f): 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
Lol
Re: My First Time by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 20, 2013
nicky4lif: sad it was my heels.don't thing its the pushing.

No, didnt think it was the pushing either. Pretty sure it was some leg bone from you jumping in fear out of a moving bus.
Re: My First Time by nicky4lif(f): 1:33pm On Oct 20, 2013
With ur question I know what u are implying but trust me,its not what u think.I'm not from the village direct,if u know what I mean#winks#
Efemena_xy:

Yeah smiley

Now that's funny! cheesy
Re: My First Time by nicky4lif(f): 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2013
Yes.plus the heel.if I was on a simple foot wear,it wldnt have been that bad.
ileobatojo:

No, didnt think it was the pushing either. Pretty sure it was some leg bone from you jumping in fear out of a moving bus.
Re: My First Time by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 20, 2013
I hate lagos with passion!
Will prefer to stay in ibadan and the neboring cities than lagos.
The pple r very harsh, public transport is a nightmare, everybody is always ready to shout any minute.
Too much stress.
U hardly get fresh (I mean fresh fruits) in Lagsidi. C the bananas, they r just not like the bananas I used to know.
Agberos everywhere.
Infact, I still don't know how pple manage everyday for that city.
The only hangout places r shoprites and that useless barbeach(one corner is brothel huts), another corner for cele pple.
No where to take kids to.
A city where one will prefer to leave his car in his house and enter public transport.
Overhyped city.

2 Likes

Re: My First Time by EfemenaXY: 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
nicky4lif: With ur question I know what u are implying but trust me,its not what u think.I'm not from the village direct,if u know what I mean#winks#

My dear, it shouldn't matter jor. Forget people's general perception of living in the village.

Trust me, I prefer village life. The pace of life there is sooooooo leisurely slow, peaceful and the air free of pollutants.

If you've got the money, setting up in the village is akin to living in the countryside or better still, paradise on earth jare.

1 Like

Re: My First Time by nicky4lif(f): 2:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
Lol at their banana.very true,I just don't understand the banana nd the mangos but so far so good.
yellowpawpaw: I hate lagos with passion!
The pple r very harsh, public transport is a nightmare, everybody is always ready to shout any minute.
Too much stress.
U hardly get fresh (I mean fresh fruits) in Lagsidi. C the bananas, they r just not like the bananas I used to know.
Agberos everywhere.
The only hangout places r shoprites and that useless barbeach(one corner is brothel huts), another corner for cele pple.
A city where one will prefer to leave his car in his house and enter public transport.
Overhyped city.
Re: My First Time by nicky4lif(f): 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2013
Efemena_xy:

My dear, it shouldn't matter jor. Forget people's general perception of living in the village.

Trust me, I prefer village life. The pace of life there is sooooooo leisurely slow, peaceful and the air free of pollutants.

If you've got the money, setting up in the village is akin to living in the countryside or better still, paradise on earth jare.

Re: My First Time by EfemenaXY: 2:06pm On Oct 20, 2013
Too much stress.
Agberos everywhere.
Overhyped city.

I think I get you on the fruits bit.

I did my uni at Nsukka and boy! See fresh fruits eh! Those bananas na die! All huge and yellow - and always available all year round!
Re: My First Time by bellong: 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Too much stress.
Agberos everywhere.
Overhyped city.

Madam, Haba... na my state you take mouth wash down like this... Lagos is not as bad as people think. One good thing about Lagos is that there is room for everybody. The upper class, middle, lower class and the classless.

Meanwhile all the fresh pepper, tomatoes, plantain etc from villages in other states must surely get to Lagos or else na una go eat your thing.... grin grin
Re: My First Time by ayde: 3:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Lolz @ op's story.. cheesy cheesy, na JJC things jare.

Lagos life is just too hectic and stressful. Lived half of my life in Abuja and had to relocate to Lagos on job and marriage basis but 2years down the line and I'm still not used to the life here and have refused to get used to it!

How Lagosians live sanely in this insane enviroment, I still don't get it undecided .
Re: My First Time by nicky4lif(f): 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Don't worry,u will still get used to it.if I cld get used to it then I'm sure u wll.
ayde: Lolz @ op's story.. cheesy cheesy, na JJC things jare.

Lagos life is just too hectic and stressful. Lived half of my life in Abuja and had to relocate to Lagos on job and marriage basis but 2years down the line and I'm still not used to the life here and have refused to get used to it!

How Lagosians live sanely in this insane enviroment, I still don't get it undecided .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Best Places In Lagos To Raise Children / I Will Attack My Father / It Appears That My Husband Doesn't Want To Have Sex With Me After His Affair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.