Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? (58678 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / Do Women Really Love Tall Guys? / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by Rotexbaba1: 2:14am On Jul 07, 2008
I have never believed in cheating (which means i don't like it and will not partake in it) and never will. Lately i have been seeing different cases of infidelity in relationships and it just makes me have mixed feelings as to why people cheat on their wives or husbands.

As for me, i can never take back a partner who cheats on me because i believe cheating is a process

1. your with the person your cheating on your partner with. 2. feelings of a sexual nature start to form. 3.u mite feel a sudden connection. 4. u may start to kiss or whatever. 5. touching starts to take place. 6. two of u get naked. 7. the business starts.

If u can not stop yourself from reaching stage 4 at most, then you're not serious, hiss. this is one of the reasons why i don't think cheatin should be accepted. it is good to forgive o, especially being a Christian, but,  i dnt even know. people should not cheat if they really love their partners. i hav seen some cases where things like cheating cause mental harm to the person being cheated on and it is so sad. also the person loses trust and whatnot. what do u guys think?

I know a lot of nigerian women today whose lives are so down and unhappy because of their husbands. A lot of people are short sighted on how cheating affects the other partner.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by mohawkchic(f): 5:05am On Jul 07, 2008
~Lets face it!! Wouldnt we all like to think "I WILL NEVER take back a cheating partner/spouse or much more become a cheater"!!

~Realistically thu,when you find yourself in that suitation,either as the partner being cheated on or the cheater, ALL thoughts of "I will Never's" is the last thing on your mind!!. . .you'd be more worried about his/her reasons for cheating . .self doubt "I thought we were happy" . . ."How did i get busted?"  grin why . . .why and more WHY'S!!

~The Trust is certainly Broken . . and its going to take a hell of a lot of forgiveness to get it clued back and in cases where moving on from that relationship and carrying that excess baggage of mistrust into another relationship,sucks big time!!

~9 out of 10 times the "Perfect Opportunity" is all it takes for someone to cheat,Some people have a Reason/s for cheating on their loved ones,others will do it if they think they can get away with it!!

~I know one thing for sure Cheating is definately not Impulsive!! there are varied reasons why most people cheat from

#Not getting the Attension they want from their partner{Been taken for granted especially in marriages}
#They are just Habitual cheaters {they want their fingers in all the pies} angry
#Nymphomaniac{never satisfied}

~Some people cheat and don't get caught while some have "One time fling" . . . Spur of the moment kind of thingy and will likely regret it later!! it's not about Accepting Cheating,its about Understanding what drives people to want to cheat on their loved ones . . .i don't think all the pages in this forum is enough for us all to give our opinions on the subject of cheating but its worth a try!!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by Choco(f): 10:06am On Jul 07, 2008
No you don't love that person.

If you truly love that person unconditionally, you would never do anything that would hurt the love you share.

Cheers

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by francessby(f): 10:09am On Jul 07, 2008
How can you say you love that person while you are sleeping around that's deceit not love at all

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by Rotexbaba1: 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ mohawkchic

so r u sayin it is ok to cheat in some cases? Hell no!!!
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by tope2000(f): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2008
in some ways i kinda agree with mohawkchic undecided
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by Gamine(f): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2008
Love is not just in the things you say
its in the things you do.

There is no love involved in him who cheats.
There is only lust

2 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by CARUSO(m): 12:58pm On Jul 07, 2008
cheating is pure lust

love is something else

most cheats would always regret it

but i can say that in some cases, you can love someone and still cheat!

If i was sexually frustrated with a woman i love, i would bang the next gurl silly if shez up for it! wink

and i would still come back home and continue loving her

5 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by Rotexbaba1: 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ CARUSO

ur perception of love may be wrong then if u will 'bang ' another chick. as for me, lovin someone is like lovin the person as much as i love myself, u just dont jump to wat ur feelings are leadin u to do or makin u feel like ur doin.

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by tope2000(f): 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2008
CARUSO:

cheating is pure lust

love is something else

most cheats would always regret it

but i can say that in some cases, you can love someone and still cheat!

If i was sexually frustrated with a woman i love, i would bang the next girl silly if shez up for it! wink

and i would still come back home and continue loving her

u dont bang the nxt girl that comes along, giver her time, talk to her.
c'mon na angry
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by CARUSO(m): 1:20pm On Jul 07, 2008
tope2000:

u don't bang the nxt girl that comes along, giver her time, talk to her.
c'mon na angry

obviously not after banging every Silifa, Aminatu, Iyabo or Ini Edo!

Has to be a girl that is worth the while

What is the point of giving a girl i do not intend to love time?

Why tlk to her about love when i only just want to glide through?!

it is simple, if i am lusting after someone, it is hey babe, u want to slide?! NO LONGTIN

But to wrap it all up, if i love someone deep enough, i wont cheat!!!

half-deep love or with complicated circumstances, i may wonder my eyes a lil bit!
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by CARUSO(m): 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2008
Rotex baba:

@ CARUSO

your perception of love may be wrong then if u will 'bang ' another chick. as for me, lovin someone is like lovin the person as much as i love myself, u just don't jump to what your feelings are leadin u to do or makin u feel like your doin.

fair enough, your opinions are respected!

at times u may need to take the plunge depending on mitigating circumstances

wait till ur love is tested and u wld see!! grin
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by elfuego(m): 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2008
not at all.
Cheating on some1 simply means you dont love the person.
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by tope2000(f): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2008
CARUSO:

obviously not after banging every Silifa, Aminatu, Iyabo or Ini Edo!

Has to be a girl that is worth the while

What is the point of giving a girl i do not intend to love time?

Why tlk to her about love when i only just want to glide through?!

it is simple, if i am lusting after someone, it is hey babe, u want to slide?! NO LONGTIN
But to wrap it all up, if i love someone deep enough, i wont cheat!!!

roflmao
oni iranu ni e grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by jaybee3(m): 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2008
lol
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by CARUSO(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2008
tope2000:

roflmao
oni iranu ni e grin grin grin

grin u sef know say i be good boi! grin
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by tope2000(f): 1:35pm On Jul 07, 2008
CARUSO:

grin u sef know say i be good boi! grin

u good boy i will die cheesy

jay bee:

lol

how is work
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by jaybee3(m): 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2008
work's gud.

@post
Nope
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by tope2000(f): 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2008
kool
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by smooooooth: 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2008
are you all saying that everyone that have ever cheated,didnt love their partner. then i guess just a few people have been in love then.
i dont think thats correct, cheating doesnt mean you dont love your partner,its like saying you love God and you know u do, but somehow u still find your self sinning, thats the human nature, the body can be sometime weak, and we let temptation have the best of us, doesnt mean we dont love our spouse, i mean that is why it is call cheating in the first place, abi?it cant be cheat if its not love.my opinion o

5 Likes

Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by Rotexbaba1: 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ smooooooth

i definately feel wat ur sayin, but at the same time wat im sayin is dat wen u enter into a relationship, i feel as though u should respect like the rules of relationships do u feel me. like, to me cheatin is like the worse thing u can do to ur partner. im a christian and i sin but i know i can never kill someone, do u grab? ok maybe u can love someone and cheat, but the love that u SHOULD have should be the one where u treat the other person as u want to be treated. like u cant give or show ur love to another woman or man u know.
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by smooooooth: 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
rotex baba, na true you talk, but talking about respect, i think the way u cheat is actually what tells how much you love your partner not the act itself, for instance guys thats cheat and try so hard to hide it, respect their partners too much, blive me, but those that cheat openly without care dont respect their girls,
and the cheating thing, is just by god's grace, cos its human nature to always seek for the ''lost sheep'' what u dont have seem to make more sense than what u have, so u will always want another woman or man as the case maybe than what u have, it takes either impotence, juju,or Gods help not to cheat blive me.
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by ladybam(f): 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ post

no.

No one who truely loves somebody will want to cheat and break that persons heart. Never ever. I mean, its not like rape case where it is against your will.here, you actually enjoyed the whole shagging process and at that moment, your lover should just go to hell,
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by sistawoman: 2:08pm On Jul 07, 2008
I agree with everyone else that cheating means that you dont love the person you are with. I would leave my husband first before i cheat on him. Having been cheated on before and ending a 5 year relationship just like that I can say w/o a doubt that if he ever were to cheat on me we would be over.

1 Like

Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by jaybee3(m): 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2008
tope2000:

hmmmmmmmmm do i smell Sh!T because i don't blv u tongue
uhm u don't blv me. do i know u?
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by tope2000(f): 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2008
jay bee:

uhm u don't blv me. do i know u?

SORRY JARE I THOT U WERE SUM1 ELSE, IGNORE THE COMMENT INFACT I'LL MODIFY IT
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by onyinye2(f): 2:13pm On Jul 07, 2008
of course you obviously dont love a person if you cheat on them. there might be some strings attached but Love is so out of the question. the moment you act on temptation with another person when you are in a relationship, it shows that you dont love that person. because if you loved that person, you would never betray them, do wrong by them, and deceive them.
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by smooooooth: 2:14pm On Jul 07, 2008
hey tope, that your pics na wa o, is he advertising his sexy body(wish i had a body like that sha) or the calvin klein pants or the huge something in the oant,,,anyone sha, u spoil o.kai wink
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by TheSly: 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2008
Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them?
Of course you could love someone and still cheat on her!
At least from ma own side. . . .
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by spikedcylinder: 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2008
By rotex
I know a lot of nigerian women today whose lives are so down and unhappy because of their husbands. A lot of people are  short sighted on how cheating affects the other partner.  

This so touches a nerve.
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by tope2000(f): 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2008
smooooooth:

hey tope, that your pics na wa o, is he advertising his sexy body(wish i had a body like that sha) or the calvin klein pants or the huge something in the oant,,,anyone sha, u spoil o.kai wink

lol
that is my boyfriend grin

he just doesnt know it yet
Re: Do You Really Love Someone If You Cheat On Them? by smooooooth: 2:21pm On Jul 07, 2008
i have been in love and cheated b4, so it doesnt follow that you dont love the person.there was a time my ex- was out of town and i hit it with a girl uptown, but when she come back i confessed and apologised , that shows i liked her, but fell for the temptation, which makes me human. so i dont agree wth una.
do u know that lusting in your heart self is cheating, so are u all gonna tell me u have not fantasized about shagging someone else before, the fact that some of us(especially the ladies) can control our lust( which is an indirect way to cheat) shouldnt make us judge others

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Married Female Friend Asked Me Out Today / South African Ladies Reveal The Moment They Realized They Were “Hoes” / 10 tips to escape the friendzone and get any girl of your dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.