Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? (41519 Views)

Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? / Why Do Churches Pay Their Instrumentalists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
Why do we have so many different doctrines in churches today? Is the bible not one? Is God not one?.

Some will say pay tithe others will say no need. Some will say ladies can wear trouser others will say ladies should not wear trouser. Some will say, ladies must cover their hair others will say ladies should not cover their hair in church. Some will say, there is hell other will say there is nothing like hell fire. Some will say God is three in one others will say God is only one. Some will say u can pray through mary and jesus others will say pray only through jesus christ. Some will say fast others will say no need to fast. Some will say the earth shall be turned into paradise other will say there is no such thing, that we will all leave earth to heaven in the last day. Some will say give your first fruit offering other will say there no need for that anymore. Some will say we should worship God only on saturday which is the sabbath day others will say it is on sunday we should worship God. Some will say no christmas others will say there is christmas. Some will say christians can marry more than one wife other will say they cannot. Some say you can wear earing and fix nails others will say you must not wear earing and fix nail(for ladies). Some say you can do blood transfusion and take drugs others say you cannot do blood transfusion and take drugs that all you need is to apply faith. etc.

Somebody tell me, is this not confusion?. Hw can we know the truth now. Or who have a clear answers to the above different doctrines peddles by different denominations today. I wonder sha!

God help me o.

21 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
Do some research on
'the brotherhood of the snake'
' the anunnaki'
'the summerian text'

different factions fighting for control over humans.

google is ur friend.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
Google is nt my friend in this one o

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:35am On Oct 15, 2013
So you think that google can answer this doctrinal differences abi?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by PastorOluT(m): 5:52am On Oct 15, 2013
Simple, 'cos we all understand things differently, and not forgetting the devil's factor

But I have this to say irrespective of ur denomination, ur relationship with God should be utmost!

One thing and only one thing is needful, do not be deceived by the devil into getting too much attached to the things of the world. The devil is so subtle that he get you too busy even with good things and activities of religion, but not that which is needful. You major on the minor and minor on the major, and before you know it you have spent your life on the wrong things and it is too late.

But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful and trouble about many things. But one thing is needful: And Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Luke 10:40-42

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 6:24am On Oct 15, 2013
I will tell you why.

Because Jesus gave us one Church to teach us but men have founded their own places of worship and called them "churches."

Jesus' ONE Church is still in existence and it was that Church that gave us the Bible in the fourth century.

Find that Church and you will find the fullness of the true teachings of Jesus. Listen to that Church as it explains the word of God which is revealed through Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition...then you will avoid the ones Jesus calls "workers of lawlessness."

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:55am On Oct 15, 2013
And which church is that?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:59am On Oct 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Simple, 'cos we all understand things differently, and not forgetting the devil's factor
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:02am On Oct 15, 2013
U mean d devil is d one confusing the pastors abi. Why do we blame satan for everything?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by paulcr7: 7:23am On Oct 15, 2013
Revelation 17 talks about Babylon and her daughters.A woman represent a church and babylon represent apostasy(Genesis 11).The harlot woman means the a church united with d state(rev 17:2,rev 13:1-2,Daniel 2:41), in enforcing its doctrines,killing the saints of God that are true to the bible alone.(rev17:6).This happened in d dark ages when roman govt under constantine united with the papacy and also persecuted the saints.Babylon represent the roman church but rev 17:5 talks abt d daughters of Babylon.That means there are many apostate churches with false doctrines.Baptism by sprinkling,change of sabbath,worshiping images,giving the pope the power to forgive sins(righteousness by works),immortality,purgatory,spiritualism,heaven&hell after death.All these doctrines originated from d roman church and all who hold any of these doctrines are daughters of Babylon.However,rev 12 talks abt a pure and holy woman representing God's true church.The woman is a singular woman.These are some of the characteristics of God's true church.1.it will arise after the dark ages(rev 12:5),after 1798.2.it will be a remnant(Minority)-vs 17.3.it will keep all of God's commandments including the 4th.vs 17.4.it will av d spirit of prophecy-rev 19:10.5.it will be a world wide church-mathew 28:19,20.6.It will be persecuted like in the dark ages by the coming together of church and state(rev12:17,rev 13).If u can study the book of revelation,u will find other characteristics.However,God has many children in many churches that are faithful to him but he is calling us to find the one true church and go there(rev 18:4,5).The dark ages will come again and those who unite with God's church will be persecuted just like the waldenses.Babylon is going to fall(rev 18:21-24) and God is still calling us to come out of it,so that we will nt receive d mark of d beast.Today,churches are teaching human traditions rather than the pure word of God.Truth is no longer absolute but relative.the standards are going down.A national sunday law will be passed soon and God's people will be persecuted.Come out of babylon is the call.There is only 1 church that fulfils these characteristics and God is calling his children to unite to his church."in d matter of conscience,the majority has no power".Lets follow the truth because its true and nt because it is popular.Truth has never been popular and the remnant has always been persecuted.God is calling us to uplift his laws above every human tradition

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Joagbaje(m): 7:30am On Oct 15, 2013
It's been so from bible days. A day will come we will all come into the perfect knowledge of truth. We may have different levels of understanding but that should not stop us from accepting one another. As long as we beilev in the basic truth. One ,God ,one baptism ,one Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:4-6
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Based on this , we should focus on our assignment and stop judging or criticizing another. Pray for one another , perfection will take place in the body

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:39am On Oct 15, 2013
And which day is that
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by PastorOluT(m): 7:42am On Oct 15, 2013
italo: I will tell you why.

Because Jesus gave us one Church to teach us but men have founded their own places of worship and called them "churches."

Jesus' ONE Church is still in existence and it was that Church that gave us the Bible in the fourth century.

Find that Church and you will find the fullness of the true teachings of Jesus. Listen to that Church as it explains the word of God which is revealed through Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition...then you will avoid the ones Jesus calls "workers of lawlessness."

And the church is Roman catholic i guess?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by PastorOluT(m): 7:43am On Oct 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: U mean d devil is d one confusing the pastors abi. Why do we blame satan for everything?

Dont get it twisted, u need ur spiritual eyes to be opened to understand these things

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by PastorOluT(m): 7:46am On Oct 15, 2013
Joagbaje: It's been so from bible days. A day will come we will all come into the perfect knowledge of truth. We may have different levels of understanding but that should not stop us from accepting one another. As long as we beilev in the basic truth. One ,God ,one baptism ,one Jesus Christ.

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Based on this , we should focus on our assignment and stop judging or criticizing another. Pray for one another , perfection will take place in the body

Rightly said, the devil has succeeded enough in diverting our attention from that which is most important. We major or the minor n minor on the major, with this many have been led astray.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 8:52am On Oct 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: And which church is that?

Allow me not to say for now. But let me give you pointers.

Do you believe that Jesus founded only ONE Church with one faith and one doctrine?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 8:53am On Oct 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

And the church is Roman catholic i guess?

You have said so.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 8:55am On Oct 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: U mean d devil is d one confusing the pastors abi. Why do we blame satan for everything?

The "pastors" are the ones allowing the devil to use them to teach false doctrine.

Who made them psstors anyway?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 8:59am On Oct 15, 2013
paulcr7: Revelation 17 talks about Babylon and her daughters.A woman represent a church and babylon represent apostasy(Genesis 11).The harlot woman means the a church united with d state(rev 17:2,rev 13:1-2,Daniel 2:41), in enforcing its doctrines,killing the saints of God that are true to the bible alone.(rev17:6).This happened in d dark ages when roman govt under constantine united with the papacy and also persecuted the saints.Babylon represent the roman church but rev 17:5 talks abt d daughters of Babylon.That means there are many apostate churches with false doctrines.Baptism by sprinkling,change of sabbath,worshiping images,giving the pope the power to forgive sins(righteousness by works),immortality,purgatory,spiritualism,heaven&hell after death.All these doctrines originated from d roman church and all who hold any of these doctrines are daughters of Babylon.However,rev 12 talks abt a pure and holy woman representing God's true church.The woman is a singular woman.These are some of the characteristics of God's true church.1.it will arise after the dark ages(rev 12:5),after 1798.2.it will be a remnant(Minority)-vs 17.3.it will keep all of God's commandments including the 4th.vs 17.4.it will av d spirit of prophecy-rev 19:10.5.it will be a world wide church-mathew 28:19,20.6.It will be persecuted like in the dark ages by the coming together of church and state(rev12:17,rev 13).If u can study the book of revelation,u will find other characteristics.However,God has many children in many churches that are faithful to him but he is calling us to find the one true church and go there(rev 18:4,5).The dark ages will come again and those who unite with God's church will be persecuted just like the waldenses.Babylon is going to fall(rev 18:21-24) and God is still calling us to come out of it,so that we will nt receive d mark of d beast.Today,churches are teaching human traditions rather than the pure word of God.Truth is no longer absolute but relative.the standards are going down.A national sunday law will be passed soon and God's people will be persecuted.Come out of babylon is the call.There is only 1 church that fulfils these characteristics and God is calling his children to unite to his church."in d matter of conscience,the majority has no power".Lets follow the truth because its true and nt because it is popular.Truth has never been popular and the remnant has always been persecuted.God is calling us to uplift his laws above every human tradition

You have quoted the Bible extensively to criticize the Catholic Church. I hope you know that the Bible originated from the Catholic Church.

If the Catholic Church is evil, the Bible is evil.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 9:02am On Oct 15, 2013
Joagbaje: It's been so from bible days. A day will come we will all come into the perfect knowledge of truth. We may have different levels of understanding but that should not stop us from accepting one another. As long as we beilev in the basic truth. One ,God ,one baptism ,one Jesus Christ.

Christians today have deviated from the one faith one baptism talked about in that verse.

We now have 1billion faiths. Thanks to those who insist on doing their own thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 9:06am On Oct 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Rightly said, the devil has succeeded enough in diverting our attention from that which is most important. We major or the minor n minor on the major, with this many have been led astray.

The devil has rather succeeded in diverting your attention from God's one true Church.

It it the pillar and foundation of the truth. It cannot teach error, unlike the other 1billion "churches" founded by men.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by kcjazz(m): 9:32am On Oct 15, 2013
italo:

The devil has rather succeeded in diverting your attention from God's one true Church.

It it the pillar and foundation of the truth. It cannot teach error, unlike the other 1billion "churches" founded by men.

The Bible did not originate from the Catholic Church. Compiled by circumstance Yes but not originated. The Bible is God inspired. Be mindful of your choice of words.

That said, if indeed the great commission is your goal, then avoid this cockiness of one mother church. God created his people to be unique, the Bible as a manual and belief that Jesus died and loves you. You can never get people to love Jesus by being cocky, yes the Catholic Church is best for you but be tolerant enough to understand that others grow their faith differently.

Remember, the goal is to live a good life for Christ and make heaven. In heaven, no denominations, get used to your Christian brothers and sisters now.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Efere701(m): 9:35am On Oct 15, 2013
even among many there are those who are the true worshippers of God. when you observe closely you will see them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Efere701(m): 9:39am On Oct 15, 2013
there are those practicing true christianity, the very same pattern of worship that the apostles of christ engaged in.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:49am On Oct 15, 2013
Efere701: there are those practicing true christianity, the very same pattern of worship that the apostles of christ engaged in.
Which church is dat one. So dat i will start attending
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:56am On Oct 15, 2013
Hw can d church b unified into one doctrine
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 10:11am On Oct 15, 2013
kcjazz:

The Bible did not originate from the Catholic Church. Compiled by circumstance Yes but not originated. The Bible is God inspired. Be mindful of your choice of words.
Compiled - Canonized - Named - Originated.

God inspired my being a Nigerian doesnt mean I Nigeria is not my place of origin.

There is nothing wrong in saying the Bible originated from the Catholic Church. It just doesnt sound good to your ears. I cant help that.
kcjazz:
That said, if indeed the great commission is your goal, then avoid this cockiness of one mother church. God created his people to be unique, the Bible as a manual and belief that Jesus died and loves you. You can never get people to love Jesus by being cocky, yes the Catholic Church is best for you but be tolerant enough to understand that others grow their faith differently.

It is not "cockiness" to say that the ONE true Church that Jesus founded is the pillar and foundation of the truth. It is Biblical fact! 1Tim 3:15. Except you are saying St. Paul was being cocky. I tolerate people who are growing their faith differently and I love you all but I dont tolerate the errors that you fall into.
kcjazz:
remember, the goal is to live a good life for Christ and make heaven. In heaven, no denominations, get used to your Christian brothers and sisters now.

That is precisely what I am fighting for. God's will in everyone's life! No denominations! Just one Church teaching God's people what God wants.

How can children of God live a good Christian life when they are confused about what a good Christian life is or isnt. One "denomination" says a masturbation is okay, the other says it is a sin. What should children of God do?

Is that what you like? Is that what God likes?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 10:13am On Oct 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: Hw can d church b unified into one doctrine

Go back to mother Church which has been teaching one doctrine for 2000yrs.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:24am On Oct 15, 2013
Dont tell me u are talking about catholic, because catholic have many controversial teaching that are contrary to the scripture which are under serious debate throughout the world.
italo:

Go back to mother Church which has been teaching one doctrine for 2000yrs.
Dont tell me u are talking about catholic, because catholic have many controversial teaching that are contrary to the scripture which are under serious debate throughout the world.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 10:39am On Oct 15, 2013
Ukuts gp: Dont tell me u are talking about catholic, because catholic have many controversial teaching that are contrary to the scripture which are under serious debate throughout the world.Dont tell me u are talking about catholic, because catholic have many controversial teaching that are contrary to the scripture which are under serious debate throughout the world.

That's the problem. You know you are confused and you know that all these communities that people call "denominations" will only add to your confusion. YOU KNOW!

Yet the devil will not let you go into God's one true Church...and you allow him.

Jesus had so many controversial teachings which the Jews felt were contrary to scripture which are still under debate all over the world. E.g (whether Jesus is God or man; prophet or liar).

Do you see any similarities?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Joagbaje(m): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2013
italo:

Christians today have deviated from the one faith one baptism talked about in that verse.

We now have 1billion faiths. Thanks to those who insist on doing their own thing.

There is no deviation from one baptism .There were different doctrines and understanding even in the bible days and among apostles

Romans 14:5-7
One man esteemeth one day above another:another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by PastorOluT(m): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2013
Italo u struck me as one intelligent spirit led Christian, now i just have to doubt!
Do u now lift up ur church above Christ? 'cos all I see is u canvassing for Roman catholic church which u even understand so little about!

You seriously need to consider below's post

kcjazz:

Remember, the goal is to live a good life for Christ and make heaven. In heaven, no denominations, get used to your Christian brothers and sisters now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers / "Worship Leaders Lie When They Lead Worship Songs" - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Evil Forests Destroyed In Aboh Mbaise, Imo By Youths, Chief Priest Flees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.