Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? (34257 Views)

Cushitic People / Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / Ilaje People(the Only Oil Producing Tribe In Yoruba Land):let Us Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Go Down)

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Zairois: The new somali trend is to try and brag about how people think they are Indians. If all "Bantus" were slaves in Somalia then that means the bantu Somalis who are of horned and bantu ancestry are offspring of somali who slept with a slave? Us swahili even influenced parts of somali language.

The Swahili language was largely influenced by Arabic. Although there are some admixtures, Somali Bantus tend to keep to themselves and Ethnic Somalis to themselves. Even in the West.

Somalis do not generally go around claiming to look Indian. It isn't trend, but it is a reality for many people including some of my own family members.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

The Swahili language was largely influenced by Arabic. Although there are some admixtures, Somali Bantus tend to keep to themselves and Ethnic Somalis to themselves. Even in the West.

Somalis do not generally go around claiming to look Indian. It isn't trend, but it is a reality for many people including some of my own family members.

i DONT think you needed to state this obvious fact. These people have been influenced by Europeans and they project this onto us, despite the fact we have a long history untainted by european ways of thinking.

They are the same people who talk about how they are israelites and how they are the ancient egyptians, but go crazy when the obvious physical similarities between Cushitc people (somalis and ethiopians) is compared to people in India. Despite the fact the fact that Indians and Somalis have traded and have some similarities in food and dress.

And it is black people of all the people who i meet, who don't believe am african and say i look indian: very ironic isn't it.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2013
axum:

she is full somali, you have issues. you must be color struck. As ethnic somalis come in all colors. People mistake me for being indian, while my sister looks more somali and my mom looks looks very light.

Funny, I did not say anything about her color but only talked about her head.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
axum:

i DONT think you needed to state this obvious fact. These people have been influenced by Europeans and they project this onto us, despite the fact we have a long history untainted by european ways of thinking.

They are the same people who talk about how they are israelites and how they are the ancient egyptians, but go crazy when the obvious physical similarities between Cushitc people (somalis and ethiopians) is compared to people in India. Despite the fact the fact that Indians and Somalis have traded and have some similarities in food and dress.

And it is black people of all the people who i meet, who don't believe am african and say i look indian: very ironic isn't it.

Before I moved to my current state, I lived in a state with a moderate Somali population, and I heard the word "Coolie" in use all the time. You don't have to tell me, about the "You look Indian" thing.

But why the regular comparison to Indians (by you)in the first place? It may be taken by some as claiming Indians which is simply untrue and offensive to the rest of us.

European influence is commonplace all around the world. Just take a look.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 5:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
Igban:

Funny, I did not say anything about her color but only talked about her head.
Igban:

Keywords: full ethnic

From your own comment you said she isn't full ethnic somali. Please don't project your insecurities on to the Somali people.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
^ Yes, she is not full ethnic. The forehead is missing.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Before I moved to my current state, I lived in a state with a moderate Somali population, and I heard the word "Coolie" in use all the time. You don't have to tell me, about the "You look Indian" thing.

But why the regular comparison to Indians (by you)in the first place? It may be taken by some as claiming Indians which is simply untrue and offensive to the rest of us.

European influence is commonplace all around the world. Just take a look.

lol, at coolie, i hear that from jamaicans all the time, i guess indians in jamaica are called coolie, i thought i was the only one who got that. Europeans didn't influence somalis on their view of race, as it was the italians who actually outlawed slavery in somalia in the early 1920's and freed the bantus.

I only mentioned me looking 'indian', to tell him that somalis come in all colors. and when i say indian, i mean south indians who tend to be darker than the northern ones, hard to compare to ethiopians as ethiopia has many ethnicities and doubt nigerians would know the different ethnicities in Ethiopia.

but i only mentioned it, to dispel the myth that their is one way to look if your somali.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 5:40pm On Oct 24, 2013
Igban: ^ Yes, she is not full ethnic. The forehead is missing.

she is full somali. having a larger forehead doesn't make you less or more somali, i would post pictures of her with her headscarf where you can see she has a forehead, but enlightened asked nicely not to use her picture again.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
axum:

lol, at coolie, i hear that from jamaicans all the time, i guess indians in jamaica are called coolie, i thought i was the only one who got that. Europeans didn't influence somalis on their view of race,as it was the italians who actually outlawed slavery in somalia in the early 1920's and freed the bantus.

I only mentioned me looking 'indian', to tell him that somalis come in all colors. and when i say indian, i mean south indians who tend to be darker than the northern ones, hard to compare to ethiopians as ethiopia has many ethnicities and doubt nigerians would know the different ethnicities in Ethiopia.

but i only mentioned it, to dispel the myth that their is
one way to look if your somali.

Slavery was only evident in a small portion of the deep South of Somalia and by a specific sub-tribe. The rest of Somalia, and other Somali territories like NFD in north Kenya and the Ogaden in Ethiopia, Somaliland and Djibouti did not own slaves. That would account for the vast majority of Somalis at large.

Listening to you, you would think that the culture revolves around this ugly practice. And making false proverbs about Bantus. Smh, Why?
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 24, 2013
axum:

she is full somali. having a larger forehead doesn't make you less or more somali, i would post pictures of her with her headscarf where you can see she has a forehead, but enlightened asked nicely not to use her picture again.

That isn't me.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Zairois: 5:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
80% of swahili being arabic? Lol and your features being ancient ?, how so if your the offspring of Persian and arabs who intermarried with ethnic Somalis to gain control of Somalia. Who said at thing about her skin color of even Europeans. It's an undeniable fact she Doesn't have your average somali features. I've seen thousand of Somalis and ones that look like her all claim Yemeni ancestry.

3 Likes

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Slavery was only evident in a small portion of the deep South of Somalia and by a specific sub-tribe. The rest of Somalia, and other Somali territories like NFD in north Kenya and the Ogaden in Ethiopia, Somaliland and Djibouti did not own slaves. That would account for the vast majority of Somalis at large.

Listening to you, you would think that the culture revolves around this ugly practice. And making false proverbs about Bantus. Smh, Why?

thats because all the bantus are in the south, People in the north are surprised when they see a bantu speaking somali, as there are no bantus in the north, the bantus are agricultural people and live in between kismayo and mogadishu where there is fertile land.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

That isn't me.

sheeko
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
Igban: ^ Yes, she is not full ethnic. The forehead is missing.

these are the last four presidents of somalia in order. We are all the same ethnicity as Somalis, but we don't all look alike.

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
Zairois: 80% of swahili being arabic? Lol and your features being ancient ?, how so if your the offspring of Persian and arabs who intermarried with ethnic Somalis to gain control of Somalia. Who said at thing about her skin color of even Europeans. It's an undeniable fact she Doesn't have your average somali features. I've seen thousand of Somalis and ones thaot look like her all claim Yemeni ancestry.

The ones who claim Yemeni descent are called Arab-Somali or Carab- Somali not plain Somali. There is also a small population in Somalia that has Portuguese blood, they are called Barawanis. Trust me, Somalis are the first to make these distinctions. This girl is neither Carab Somali or Barawani, she is just Somali.

What Somali looks tend to vary. Common mistake to assume we all look the same. I think this is due to Somalis settling in areas by tribe! Ohio has a different majority tribal presence, California another, Toronto another. I guess its natural for you to think that seeing Somalis in your area means you've seen us all.

How did I forget to address the rest. Do you actually believe that Somalis are the offspring of Persians and Arabs?! I think even you know how preposterous you sound undecided

Somalis are Indigenous Africans and one of the most homogenous groups out there. The people have xenophobic tendencies so when admixture occurs, we are the first to point it out.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
:
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Zairois: 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
The influence of arabic on swahili isn't as big as the influence arabic has on somali .

2 Likes

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 24, 2013
Zairois: The influence of arabic on swahili isn't as big as the influence arabic has on somali .

The language? Not true! However, there are some borrow words, and Arab language is learned by many in order to understand the scripture of the faith they choose.

I myself have learned how to read, speak, and write Arabic fluently so I can recognize the borrow words in Somali when I see them.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Zairois: 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

The ones who claim Yemeni descent are called Arab-Somali or Carab- Somali not plain Somali. There is also a small population in Somalia that has Portuguese blood, they are called Barawanis. Trust me, Somalis are the first to make these distinctions. This girl is neither Carab Somali or Barawani, she is just Somali.

What Somali looks tend to vary. Common mistake to assume we all look the same. I think this is due to Somalis settling in areas by tribe! Ohio has a different majority tribal presence, California another, Toronto another. I guess its natural for you to think that seeing Somalis in your area means you've seen us all.

How did I forget to address the rest. Do you actually believe that Somalis are the offspring of Persians and Arabs?! I think even you know how preposterous you sound undecided

Somalis are Indigenous Africans and one of the most homogenous groups out there. The people have xenophobic tendencies so when admixture occurs, we are the first to point it out.
Then why go to the slums of Nairobi why not Ethiopia or Djibouti.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Zairois: 7:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

The language? Not true! However, there are some borrow words, and Arab language is learned by many in order to understand the scripture of the faith they choose.

I myself have learned how to read, speak, and write Arabic fluently so I can recognize the borrow words in Somali when I see them.
You don't speak swahili or know anything about it so how did you come up with the 80% of arabic influence.
The amount of bullshit I've heard from Somali nothing surprises me anymore. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a somali came to nairaland to say Somalis invented math.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
Zairois:
You don't speak swahili or know anything about it so how did you come up with the 80% of arabic influence.
The amount of bullshit I've heard from Somali nothing surprises me anymore. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a somali came to nairaland to say Somalis invented math.

Was that not Ajuran/Ayanle that said that, not Enlightened?? There are many languages in Africa that have loan words from Arabic.

Swahili is considered a part of the Bantu Sabaki language group and Somali is a part of the Afro-Asiatic Cushitic language group. I am sure both are beautiful languages, I do not speak either language, but let us not make this thread about which language has more Arabic influence because none of us know (unless you speak both languages)
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Zairois: 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2013
I'm not even my gonna waste my time responding to some ignorant Somalis all it's doing is making me hate Somalis like a nazi hates Jews . Deuces lool have fun on nairaland .
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Zairois: 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
Fulaman198:

Was that not Ajuran/Ayanle that said that, not Enlightened?? There are many languages in Africa that have loan words from Arabic.

Swahili is considered a part of the Bantu Sabaki language group and Somali is a part of the Afro-Asiatic Cushitic language group. I am sure both are beautiful languages, I do not speak either language, but let us not make this thread about which language has more Arabic influence because none of us know (unless you speak both languages)
Exactly how can someone just say your language has 80% arabic influence ignorance
Just pisses me off at the amount of ignorant people these guys produce.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
Zairois:
Exactly how can someone just say your language has 80% arabic influence ignorance
Just pisses me off at the amount of ignorant people these guys produce.

Well you do realise that you are speaking to Ajuran/Ayanle. He is the most ignorant person on NL. He takes the cultural award for ignoramus of the year.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
Zairois:

I think you are confusing me with someone else?!

But you are making equally outlandish claims. Like, Somalis are offspring of Persians and Arabs! Way more offensive and false. It hurt my eyes to read such nonsense. Axum is a racist troll, he is but one Somali.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
Zairois: I'm not even my gonna waste my time responding to some ignorant Somalis all it's doing is making me hate Somalis like a nazi hates Jews . Deuces lool have fun on nairaland .

If you would base your hate of an entire ethnic group on an internet exchange with a racist troll then I say feel free. A weak mind cannot be helped. Take care undecided

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 8:23pm On Oct 24, 2013
Zairois: The influence of arabic on swahili isn't as big as the influence arabic has on somali .

you are wrong, just cause somali and arabic are in the same language group doesn't mean its been influenced by it any more than swahili. Matter of fact the entire language of swahili came into existence because of slavery when arabs enslaved those in kenya, and the language that was born was a mix of african and arab.

somali is older than arabic. Its a cushitic language.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

If you would base your hate of an entire ethnic group on an internet exchange with a racist troll then I say feel free. A weak mind cannot be helped. Take care undecided

am not racist. How am I racist? why are you throwing me under a bus?
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 8:28pm On Oct 24, 2013
Zairois: 80% of swahili being arabic? Lol and your features being ancient ?, how so if your the offspring of Persian and arabs who intermarried with ethnic Somalis to gain control of Somalia. Who said at thing about her skin color of even Europeans. It's an undeniable fact she Doesn't have your average somali features. I've seen thousand of Somalis and ones that look like her all claim Yemeni ancestry.

your views are very flawed. Arabs never had control of Somalia. It was cushitic people who controlled yemen at one point.
Somalis came in all colors, she just happens to be lighter than the average, but her features, hair are like any somali.
Somalis did not come into existence because we are descendants of persians and arabs. Because their are people who like us from southern egypt, sudan, ethiopia, eritrea, djibouti, and somalia. These people all share the same language group which is cushitic and all have the same features.

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 8:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
Fulaman198:

Well you do realise that you are speaking to Ajuran/Ayanle. He is the most ignorant person on NL. He takes the cultural award for ignoramus of the year.

please feel free to use your nomadic justice and ban yourself by name calling me. Do it FULA.
I like to believe I have contributed more than I have taken from this place. cool
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by axum: 8:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
Swahili is regarded as being the language of Arab-ruled Zanzibar, spread along the coast by the Arab trade in various goods. it was first spoken by natives of the mainland opposite Zanzibar who were brought to Zanzibar as slaves.
Some Swahili vocabulary is derived from Arabic through more than twelve centuries of contact with Arabic-speaking inhabitants of the Swahili Coast. It has also incorporated German, Portuguese, English and French words into its vocabulary through contact with empire builders, traders and slavers during the past five centuries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16)

Kegites Club? / The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / UN Security Seat; Canada Rallies Ooni Of Ife For Support, Spends $120m. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.