Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Is Destiny Predetermined? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Destiny Predetermined? (10300 Views)

Is Destiny Real? / Do You Believe In Destiny / Hi, my name is Destiny, i'm new!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by owotonbinu(m): 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
lets get a lil' bit religious here..if truly destiny is pre-determined...y bother abt living righteous..cos wen is all said and done..you might not have been choosing to make heaven..Brothers and sisters..CHOOSE YOUR PATH
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by Marineetyon(m): 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
'If you shall ask anything in my name, I will do it. 15.If you love me, keep my commandments' mtt.14:14-15.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by shadrach77: 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
I remember posting a thread on this topic twice and the mods never gave it any consideration. We;;, it doesn't matter who posted it. What matters is the fact that it has finally landed on the front page.

This is an issue i've mulled over several times but have not been able to resolve in my head. If destiny is predetermined then it means we can never do no wrong. However, some will argue that the fulfilment of destiny lies in your actions and the steps you take. Both cannot be right. I'm guessing for those who have a special divine assignment e.g. Jesus, thei destiny cannot be altered even if they tried to do so. For others, they can alter their destiny if they desire to do so, through the path they choose to follow.

When we analyse it further, i think destiny and free will are intertwined in that, if someone is destined to become something in life, he or she would have their free will but God already knew the choices they would make when they are on earth. He knows the end from the beginning so He knows the decisions you will make along the way and He knows where you will end up with those decisions, hence He decides where you would end up before you show up on the face of the earth. sad sad sad
I remember posting a thread on this topic twice and the mods never gave it any consideration. We;;, it doesn't matter who posted it. What matters is the fact that it has finally landed on the front page.

This is an issue i've mulled over several times but have not been able to resolve in my head. If destiny is predetermined then it means we can never do no wrong. However, some will argue that the fulfilment of destiny lies in your actions and the steps you take. Both cannot be right. I'm guessing for those who have a special divine assignment e.g. Jesus, thei destiny cannot be altered even if they tried to do so. For others, they can alter their destiny if they desire to do so, through the path they choose to follow.

When we analyse it further, i think destiny and free will are intertwined in that, if someone is destined to become something in life, he or she would have their free will but God already knew the choices they would make when they are on earth. He knows the end from the beginning so He knows the decisions you will make along the way and He knows where you will end up with those decisions, hence He decides where you would end up before you show up on the face of the earth. sad sad sad
I remember posting a thread on this topic twice and the mods never gave it any consideration. Well, it doesn't matter who posted it. What matters is the fact that it has finally landed on the front page.

Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by uaphorism(m): 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
Frankly, the subject of predestination is a very touchy one..from the religious perspective, if indeed, predestination is, then God is cruel..because, in the end, no matter what u do, if you're gonna go to hell, assuming it exists, you'll still end up there and if you're gonna go to heaven..no matter how badly you live, you'll reach heaven..prolly, your death will be such that you'll be able to mutter 'Lord remember me in your kingdom' like the thief on the cross before you take your last breath..

However, if, predestination, isnt, then many portions in scriptures instantly become a contradiction. How's that? Well, the Bible says, 'I know the thots I have for you......to give you an expected end'..moreover, it begs the question, is God omniscient?? If he is, and he knew all a person's actions will culminate in d person landing in hell, why let him come to earth? I mean He says He's not willing that any should perish..

Infact, it is just confusing.. I prefer to rather not engage my brains in that thought..it never yields any result..
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by brighter: 1:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
Purely Predetermined
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by RockMaxi: 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
cold:
Yeah,his destiny was pretty much determined by a loving God. What an awesome God!

Waiting for you here. This is a clear case of the issue of destiny being more spiritual than what you can actually understand with scientific interpretation. The picture below is a result of circumstances and event that alters fate.

Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by Vicky2k(m): 1:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
odun4love: hummmm......
well, what I can say about this issue is that....
God knows what He is doing.....maybe u can change ur destiny or not...what God want u to do on this earth u will surly do it
will u say moses and pharaoh change there destiny
God said for this purpose have created pharaoh.. so all those things he's doing do u think God did not know.. He made his heart a stony one...just for his own glory to come out
about moses....if Moses get to the promise land are we going to hear about Joshua... all what God want for us in dis life most surly come to pass....

just keep praying for ur life to fulfil

@ odun4love, I Agree with you but also man's life decision also affects his destiny such that even if GOD has Predestined your Life to go a particular way, he has also given you that free will to choose how your life would go. That is why we Bible says we Men are Higher than Angels.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by greatgenius: 1:48pm On Oct 26, 2013
owotonbinu: lets get a lil' bit religious here..if truly destiny is pre-determined...y bother abt living righteous..cos wen is all said and done..you might not have been choosing to make heaven..Brothers and sisters..CHOOSE YOUR PATH
choosing your path has really nothing much to do with your destiny except to determine how bumpy or smooth you wish/choose( consciously or unconsciously) the process or journey to be..

In choosing your path, you are choosing your fate. Not your destiny.. most of you confuse fate with destiny..
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by omniwater007: 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
If swimming is a good exercise to
stay FIT, why are
whales FAT??
Why is the place in a stadium
where people SIT,
called a STAND?
Why is that everyone wants to go
to HEAVEN but
nobody wants to DIE?
Shall I say that there is racial
discrimination even in
chess as the WHITE piece is moved
FIRST?
In our country, we have FREEDOM
of SPEECH, then
why do we have TELEPHONE
BILLS?
If money doesn't grow on TREES
then why do banks
have BRANCHES?
Why doesn't GLUE stick to its
BOTTLE?
Why do you still call it a BUILDING
when its already
BUILT?
If its true that we are here to HELP
others, what
are others HERE for?
If you arent supposed to DRINK
and DRIVE why do
bars have PARKING lots?
If All The Nations In The World Are
In Debt, Where
Did All The Money Go..?
When Dog Food Is New With
Improved Taste, Who
Tests It..?
If The "Black Box" Flight Recorder
Is Never
Damaged During A Plane Crash,
Why Isn't The Whole
Airplane Made Out Of That Stuff..?
Who Copy wrote The Copyright
Symbol..?
Can You Cry Under Water..?
Why do Round Pizza come in a
Square Box..?
Why Do People Say "You've Been
Working Like A Dog"
When Dogs Just Sit Around All
Day..??
We all are Living in a seriously
funny world..!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by topsy1971: 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
Replying the OP.
Good topic. I wondered for long, spending a lot of time consulting, acquiring and confirming all useful information about predetermined destiny.
My conviction is now based on astrology. The simple explanation is this: Fate, destiny and lifepath of every born persons is determined by the event of the previous existence. The measuring parameters are the planets and the zodiac. I am permitted and allowed to share this information in as much as it not for my personnal gain. We have traditionally, 7 planets representing each day of the week and 12 zodiac signs representing each month of the year(You may want to further enquire why we have 12 tribes in isreael).

THE PLANETS
The 7 planets are sun, moon,mercury,venus, mars, jupiter and saturn. These planets are created by God for specific purpose. Sun, moon, venus and jupiter are beneficial while mars and saturn are malefic(detrimental).Mercury shares the trait of beneficial and malefic planet based on its particular situation. Each day of the week is ruled as follow: Sun-sunday, Moon-monday, Mars-Tuesday, mercury-wednesday, jupiter-thursday, venus-friday and saturn-saturday. In addition, the planets rule each hour of the day in rotation. For example, Sun rules the first hour of the day on a sunday. Moon rules the first hour of the day on a monday etc. So what characterizes any individual is a function of which planet rules the hour he was born, position of the planets especially moon and sun. At birth of any person, the moon will always be in the same position it was when his or her pregnancy was concieved. So for those who have indept of astological information, they are always curious of moon's position whenever their wife concieved. Reason is that they can have some insight to likely future fate of the embryo.

Each planet also symbolises the various areas of human endeavour. Sun signifies personality, Moon signifies health. Venus signifies marriage and sexual affairs. Mars signifies accident, power, strength and gambling. Jupiter signifies wealth, expansion, law and excellence. Saturn signifies sorrow, isolation, imprisonment. Mercury signifies intelligence, creativity and wisdom.

The particular planet that rules the hour anybody is born determines what will manifest mostly in that person's life. If you are born under the influence of a benefic planet with good aspect and position in the zodiac, you find life easy. Otherwise, you struggle though life.

I cannot conclude all you need to know on this topic here, but if you need further information and lecture. contact me on 08028474080.

Like I said earlier, any knowledge on this is free. I was shown free and I will disburse free.

1 Like

Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by topsy1971: 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
Replying the OP.
Good topic. I wondered for long, spending a lot of time consulting, acquiring and confirming all useful information about predetermined destiny.
My conviction is now based on astrology. The simple explanation is this: Fate, destiny and lifepath of every born persons is determined by the event of the previous existence. The measuring parameters are the planets and the zodiac. I am permitted and allowed to share this information in as much as it not for my personnal gain. We have traditionally, 7 planets representing each day of the week and 12 zodiac signs representing each month of the year(You may want to further enquire why we have 12 tribes in isreael).

THE PLANETS
The 7 planets are sun, moon,mercury,venus, mars, jupiter and saturn. These planets are created by God for specific purpose. Sun, moon, venus and jupiter are beneficial while mars and saturn are malefic(detrimental).Mercury shares the trait of beneficial and malefic planet based on its particular situation. Each day of the week is ruled as follow: Sun-sunday, Moon-monday, Mars-Tuesday, mercury-wednesday, jupiter-thursday, venus-friday and saturn-saturday. In addition, the planets rule each hour of the day in rotation. For example, Sun rules the first hour of the day on a sunday. Moon rules the first hour of the day on a monday etc. So what characterizes any individual is a function of which planet rules the hour he was born, position of the planets especially moon and sun. At birth of any person, the moon will always be in the same position it was when his or her pregnancy was concieved. So for those who have indept of astological information, they are always curious of moon's position whenever their wife concieved. Reason is that they can have some insight to likely future fate of the embryo.

Each planet also symbolises the various areas of human endeavour. Sun signifies personality, Moon signifies health. Venus signifies marriage and sexual affairs. Mars signifies accident, power, strength and gambling. Jupiter signifies wealth, expansion, law and excellence. Saturn signifies sorrow, isolation, imprisonment. Mercury signifies intelligence, creativity and wisdom.

The particular planet that rules the hour anybody is born determines what will manifest mostly in that person's life. If you are born under the influence of a benefic planet with good aspect and position in the zodiac, you find life easy. Otherwise, you struggle though life.

I cannot conclude all you need to know on this topic here, but if you need further information and lecture. contact me on 08028474080.

Like I said earlier, any knowledge on this is free. I was shown free and I will disburse free.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by Trendy4gud(f): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
This takes me back to GS Course (Philosophy)

I can say that for Christians, the knowledge of the Bible tells us it is predetermined.

Cases of Jacob, Samson, Jabeez, Virgin Mary, Christ etc.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by cold(m): 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
RockMaxi:

Waiting for you here. This is a clear case of the issue of destiny being more spiritual than what you can actually understand with scientific interpretation. The picture below is a result of circumstances and event that alters fate.
I call bullshitt! Didn't your god claim to know the plans he has for us is for good & not of evil? Sorry your god lied. What have these children done to deserve such suffering from a loving god? I'd strongly suggest you stop defending the indefensible. Your god is more or less irrelevant in the grand scheme of things

Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by davywillis: 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
Yes destiny is predetermined, but we have the power to change it to our advantage. My case study is taken from the story in the bible of Esau and Jacob. Many see Jacob as the man of destiny after he cheated on his brother Esau, but I stand to tell you that in that case Esau thrived against all odds because he took things into his hands, to change that which was written against him that the "YOUNGER SHALL SERVE THE ELDER".

In the story, we later understand that Jacob went into exile sojourning in the wilderness, where he married and became rich, and afterwards sought to return to fatherland, but he was afraid that his brother Esau would do him harm, for the evils he perpetrated against him before leaving the land.

Now let me say that before then Esau had gone to God asking if there was nothing left for him? but God said no. So Esau basically had nothing (blessings) left for him, but with hard work, faith and persistence, he became rich. Jacob on his way back brought gifts to present to his brother Esau, thinking Esau was still where he had left him, unknowing that Esau had moved on and life had smiled on him. Esua on welcoming him rejected the gift and said to him, little boy, I don't need your gifts, and as you can see Am even wealthier that you are.
I have narrated this to say that we can handle our destinies in our hands even when things are on the negative. This all depends on your perception and appreciation of the challenges that comes. You must never give up even when life says no. That challenges that we face each day has the power of transforming us.

2 Likes

Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by greatgenius: 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2013
BTW Some of you should also understand that there is no God or deity higher than you who predetermined your destiny.. You did. You and only you predetermined your destiny before incarnating here.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by greatgenius: 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
cold:
I call bullshitt! Didn't your god claim to know the plans he has for us is for good & not of evil? Sorry your god lied. What have these children done to deserve such suffering from a loving god? I'd strongly suggest you stop defending the indefensible. Your god is more or less irrelevant in the grand scheme of things
what's your point really. Humans are forever shifting the blame...are you insinuating that a God somewhere is responsible for the plight of these kids?..The question you should be asking is what did these kids do to deserve this cruelty from mankind..
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
Vicky2k:
@ odun4love, I Agree with you but also man's life decision also affects his destiny such that even if GOD has Predestined your Life to go a particular way, he has also given you that free will to choose how your life would go. That is why we Bible says we Men are Higher than Angels.

humm... u are right.. my mum never support me once for being a military man..she do believed that I might not make it or die young. I do tell her that...no matter what choose a man make in life..as a Christian... if u believe God u will surly make it. He said in His word. that anything u lay ur hand upon u will success. so either am destiny to make it or not....is already written down... so I don't care about what my mum do say.. and I don't care about this earth...where ur treasure are there ur heart will be.. heaven.. pray that u will fulfil on earth.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by RockMaxi: 2:18pm On Oct 26, 2013
cold:

And your own god that has entered the heart of men to turn them away into sodomy and despicable acts is the one who understand the grand scheme of things. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient, did you get that?
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by HUGES: 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
The answer seem difficult because we wrongly define destiny. Do you think when God is creating a man He has 'billionaire' or 'pauper' in mind? No, material things are too worthless to be the reason why God will create a WHOLE MAN.
Riches or poverty, success or failure, etc, which ever comes your way is as a result of the choice you make, and it is in no way related to destiny. A poor child suffering from malnutrition in a refugee camp can become wealthy tomorrow if he is DETERMINED in his heart.
The ultimate destiny ( end point/destination) of every man when he was being formed/created, is to live forever in the new world which God has prepared, wherein there is no sickness or death, or poverty and pain, but full life and unfathomable/ unspeakable joy, worshiping and loving God forever. This, of course, was predetermined to be so (only that we use our own will power to change this course of this preorination). Whether you remain poor or rich in this 'doomed' world is a function of your own choice.
However doing good to all men is the will of God for every man, and when you do that you are on the way to your 'eternal' destiny.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by Jydebauer: 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
For me I see it like this: God writes scripts covering every imaginable scenario of one's life but he gives you the freedom to choose which script you want to act out. For instance in Deuteronomy 30:19 He spoke about setting before them two choices; life or death. In essence their destiny was in their hands. Then in 2 Kings 20:1-6 we read about how God added 15 years to the life of Hezekiah which essentially changed his destiny after fervent prayers.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by pinton: 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
My opinion is we are like actors and actress in this world acting a film written and directed by God and he knows the end from the begining.there is a place in the bible that jesus healed a blind man that was blind from birth and people asked why was this man blind from birth jesus chirst said so that the name of God can be praised.this illustration shows that from the day that guy was given birth to he's been destined to receive his healing on that particular day,no amount of prayer or juju before the said day can restore his sight.another ilustration from the bible is pharaoh.God himself harden his heart so that he can perish.

Jay Z and beyonce realtionship brings about blue Ivy which means as long as she's on this earth she won't lack anyting good.the question now is why can't blue ivy be born to a poor family in somalia?that's destiny.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by cold(m): 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
greatgenius: what's your point really. Humans are forever shifting the blame...are you insinuating that a God somewhere is responsible for the plight of these kids?..The question you should be asking is what did these kids do to deserve this cruelty from mankind..
Unless we can all agree that there's no such thing as god,skydaddy,supreme being or whatever anywhere,then we can conveniently shift the blame to man. But until then i lay all the blame at the feet of a god who not only brought these children to this world but failed to protect & cater to their needs. I would do a much better job
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by RockMaxi: 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
cold:
Unless we can all agree that there's no such thing as god,skydaddy,supreme being or whatever anywhere,then we can conveniently shift the blame to man. But until then i lay all the blame at the feet of a god who not only brought these children to this world but failed to protect & cater to their needs. I would do a much better job

How dare you say such @bolded? Do you understand the reason behind life and death, the workings of the universe and the conception of a child? If you have someone who controls that I bet you to show it. Otherwise keep quiet.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by cold(m): 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
HUGE_S:
The answer seem difficult because we wrongly define destiny. Do you think when God is creating a man He has 'billionaire' or 'pauper' in mind? No, material things are too worthless to be the reason why God will create a WHOLE MAN.
Riches or poverty, success or failure, etc, which ever comes your way is as a result of the choice you make, and it is in no way related to destiny. A poor child suffering from malnutrition in a refugee camp can become wealthy tomorrow if he is DETERMINED in his heart.
The ultimate destiny ( end point/destination) of every man when he was being formed/created, is to live forever in the new world which God has prepared, wherein there is no sickness or death, or poverty and pain, but full life and unfathomable/ unspeakable joy, worshiping and loving God forever. This, of course, was predetermined to be so (only that we use our own will power to change this course of this preorination). Whether you remain poor or rich in this 'doomed' world is a function of your own choice.
However doing good to all men is the will of God for every man, and when you do that you are on the way to your 'eternal' destiny.
Why do you guys just love to spew so much fuckery in defense of this god of yours. Isn't it obvious to everyone your god is doing a shoddy job but you simply can't bring yourself to say it because you've been imbued with so much fear you can't even see the wood for the trees.Let me reiterate,we can all agree god doesn't exist,or if he did it would have been better for his reputation he didn't
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by cold(m): 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
RockMaxi:

How dare you say such @bolded? Do you understand the reason behind life and death, the workings of the universe and the conception of a child? If you have someone who controls that I bet you to show it. Otherwise keep quiet.
Yeah it must be your god i reckon..cool story bro
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by dheaven: 2:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
greatgenius: you choose your destiny(destination/purpose/goal) before incarnating here in physicality..So yes it is predetermined before your engagement in physicality..

Now you cannot change your destiny once here but what you can change is your FATE..your fate is in your hands not your destiny.
You are on point.
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by Jydebauer: 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hey Shadrach, it was not the destiny of your earlier thread to get the attention of the mods.

shadrach77: I remember posting a thread on this topic twice and the mods never gave it any consideration. Well, it doesn't matter who posted it. What matters is the fact that it has finally landed on the front page.

Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by cold(m): 2:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
RockMaxi:

And your own god that has entered the heart of men to turn them away into sodomy and despicable acts is the one who understand the grand scheme of things. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient, did you get that?
It's obvious you don't even study your bible. Just keep regurgitating what you've been indoctrinated with in your church. For the umpteenth time let me stress,it was your god that created evil. Not the devil or any other being. God said this himself in very clear cut terms. How you folks always try to side step this & blame the devil is mind boggling

Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by greatgenius: 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2013
cold:
I don't kmow about a skydaddy or supreme being( depends on what you mean by supreme) somewhere, but I know that God( the all that is )exists and we are all individuations of the all that is. Fact.

But let's entertain your line of thinking for a second. Even If there is such a thing as a skydaddy why do you see it as her/ his duty to cater for the needs of these kids. Why should he come all the way down from his abode to cater for these kids when other humans are in a better position to do that..

Don't you think he would be infringing on your/humanity freewill..
Are you that wicked and lazy that you need your skydaddy to come down and do something as simple and humane as feeding the hungry among you and yet you throw away billions worth of food away everyday?..
Re: Is Destiny Predetermined? by Loveaflame(m): 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2013
To my understanding,it is pre-determined by God but never forced on one.
How you live up it which many don't is entirely up to you.Fulfilling this pre-determined destiny depends on your knowledge of it,your understanding of it and the level of your wisdom.
Both your natural and spiritual abilities or illumination will go a long way in fulfilling it.
Someone made mention of Christ when He prayed and He was not answered.He still had the choice to make.His will wasn't forcefully controlled.That is is why He said,"NOT MY WILL BUT YOUR WILL BE DONE".
This is how The Holy Spirit explained this issue to me years back.If you put the picture of a fish on a chalkboard and ask children to draw,you will be stunned by what they will draw.
Some will draw what resembles the fish,some will draw what doesn't resemble it,only very few will get it right.
So destiny is like that.God has put the picture before you and how you draw(live up it) depends on your skills.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Was The Last Time You Bought A Generator? / (38) Pictures Of Insanely Flexible Women Across The World / Happy New Year Nairalanders!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.