Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,953 members, 7,838,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? (938 Views)

Ladies! This Is Why You Dont Wear Pants To Bed (see Story + Photos) / Which Is The Right Finger To Wear Engagement Rings? / Why Some Girls Dont Wear Pant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 22, 2013
when a lady wears an engagement ring it means she's off the dating market but for a guy unless he gets married. why is that men dont wear engagement ring?
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Acidosis(m): 11:22am On Oct 22, 2013
Both engagement & wedlock ring, I don't think I'll wear any.
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 22, 2013
Acidosis: Both engagement & wedlock ring, I don't think I'll wear any.
wow. how will u feel if ur wear dint wear 1
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Danhumprey: 11:28am On Oct 22, 2013
Of what use is an engagement ring to a man? He 'buy' the woman to himself from her parents. The engagement ring on her finger is a sign of ownership. That someone owns her and as such prospective 'buyers' should stay off her. It is the man who 'buy'(woo,married) the woman and not the other way round and as such,the woman wearing the ring shows she is somebody's possession.
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Annie2gud(f): 11:28am On Oct 22, 2013
If i may asked,why@acidosis
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Acidosis(m): 11:31am On Oct 22, 2013
Ms_Steph: wow. how will u feel if ur wife wear dint wear 1
I'll feel okay and fulfilled cool

Infact, I'll try to convince (not force) her not to wear one
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by pasqal09: 11:32am On Oct 22, 2013
It is so because its the man that's doing the marrying, not the woman.
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Acidosis(m): 11:34am On Oct 22, 2013
Annie2gud: If i may asked,why@acidosis

My kind of faith/belief do not condone the use of rings.

But as you know, I cannot force my belief on my significant other, if shes okay with one, then... good for her.
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2013
Danhumprey: Of what use is an engagement ring to a man? He 'buy' the woman to himself from her parents. The engagement ring on her finger is a sign of ownership. That someone owns her and as such prospective 'buyers' should stay off her. It is the man who 'buy'(woo,married) the woman and not the other way round and as such,the woman wearing the ring shows she is somebody's possession.
woman don turn goat wey man dey buy.. loool
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 22, 2013
Son come see wetin ur Aunt Post for Nairaland.
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by demelza: 11:39am On Oct 22, 2013
Danhumprey: Of what use is an engagement ring to a man? He 'buy' the woman to himself from her parents. The engagement ring on her finger is a sign of ownership. That someone owns her and as such prospective 'buyers' should stay off her. It is the man who 'buy'(woo,married) the woman and not the other way round and as such,the woman wearing the ring shows she is somebody's possession.
Danny wake up, you have slept enough.
Join us in the 21st century if you care..
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by pasqal09: 11:41am On Oct 22, 2013
demelza: Danny wake up, you have slept enough.

Yeah but the principle haven't changed. Its still the same
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Annie2gud(f): 11:42am On Oct 22, 2013
@Acidosis, Ok.
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Acidosis(m): 11:45am On Oct 22, 2013
The ring has absolutely nothing to add to a marital life..

Rings in Wedding Ceremonies :

The use of rings in wedding ceremonies is traced back to the early part of the fourth century.30 However, the first explicit description of the ring’s usage seems to come from Isidore of Seville, who became archbishop of that city in 595. He wrote: [s]"The ring is given by the espouser to the espoused either for a sign of mutual fidelity or still more to join their hearts by this pledge; and therefore the ring is placed on the fourth finger because a certain vein, it is said, flows thence to the heart."31 [/s]

The belief that the fourth finger (counting from the thumb), has a vena amoris–a love vein running directly to the heart–is obviously pure superstition.

The annular (ring) finger shares the same "route" to the heart as the other fingers. In spite of its superstitious origin, the custom of wearing the wedding ring on the fourth finger of the left hand has prevailed in most Christian countries to this day.
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Acidosis(m): 11:46am On Oct 22, 2013
Annie2gud: @Acidosis, Ok.
cool
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Lawconfessor(f): 11:53am On Oct 22, 2013
Acidosis: Both engagement & wedlock ring, I don't think I'll wear any.

^^ ^^

Y Wont U?

Wearing a wedding ring though, does not provide 100% guarantee dat d man is faithful.

But i fink it depict some proud n worthiness in d man's life & in his marriage.

If not for anything, i suppose it'll be good to see d wedding ring as a band dat

1)BINDS d LOVE shared.
2)REMINDS d Vow made in GOD's presence. 3)Represents a sign dat u re bonded n probably do not share a separate life any longer.

Etchetra Etchetra
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 22, 2013
Coming to the topic, why should a guy wear an engagement ring? The purpose of that ring is to engage the girl, so that all these boys that goes up and down, looking for a behind to devour, will know that the 'inyarinya' is out of bounds. No need 4 us 2 start flaunting engagement rings on Instagram with a tongue pulled out and a Mirroric iphone in front.

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Acidosis(m): 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
Law-confessor:

^^ ^^

Y Wont U?

Wearing a wedding ring though, does not provide 100% guarantee dat d man is faithful.

But i fink it depict some proud n worthiness in d man's life & in his marriage.

If not for anything, i suppose it'll be good to see d wedding ring as a band dat

1)BINDS d LOVE shared.
2)REMINDS d Vow made in GOD's presence. 3)Represents a sign dat u re bonded n probably do not share a separate life any longer.

Etchetra Etchetra

Where I come from, we do not join a man and a woman with a ring.

What we use is a Bible.
If you ask me, I'll want to say a vow made using a Bible is stronger.

If for any reason, you want to make a vow in God's presence, I think a ring is such an inappropriate "thing" to use..

Talking about 'being proud of your spouse',

There are some men who do not like to take their wives around and to places... yet these people will readily flaunt rings as if the ring is better off their wives at home.

I do not think I'll like the idea of attaching my life to an idol..

Some would even cry blood when they misplace their ring.. smh
Crying over something they do not know its origin is laughable..

Who love don love...
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Lawconfessor(f): 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2013
Acidosis: If you ask me, I'll want to say a vow made using a Bible is stronger.

If for any reason, you want to make a vow in God's presence, I think a ring is such an inappropriate "thing" to use..

Beautifully said.

I have not said dat marital vows re made wif d band, it is always wif the Bible.

Just my cent, i suppose d band is a symbol and a reminder.
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Danhumprey: 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
demelza: Danny wake up, you have slept enough.
I probably was dreaming when I posted that. Thanks for caring enough to notify me. Ofcoz,I do care to join you people,so make una wait for me. wink
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Danhumprey: 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ms_Steph: woman don turn goat wey man dey buy.. loool
Na so I see am ooo cheesy tongue
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Danhumprey: 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
Acidosis: .
Nice write up. My religious inclination doesn't support wearing ring.
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
Danhumprey: Nice write up. My religious inclination doesn't support wearing ring.
which church do U attend?
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by karmaleon: 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
Engagement and wedding rings are simply an overrated piece of crap and an avenue of making a man lavish his hard earned money.
It doesn't stop either of them from sleeping around. Doesnt instill chastity of any form.
Marriage ID cards sld b substituted for that handcuff ringcuff wey person dey wear.
For those of you that wear one, goodluck!!
Re: Why Is That Men Dont Wear Engagement Ring?? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2013

I won't mind wearing a golden engagement ring studded with diamonds. cheesy cheesy cheesy
#WhoWannaPropose

(1) (Reply)

I Can't Forget The First Time I Made Love To My Wife- Omotola's Husband Says / Belgium Woman Visiting Nigeria / The Average Age Of NL Members In The Romance Section.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.