Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,005 members, 7,953,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:01 AM

A Gem From Ayatul Kursi - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Gem From Ayatul Kursi (4742 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Importance of Ayatul Kursi / The Importance Of Ayatul Kursiy And How It Saves A Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by tbaba1234: 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ayatul kursi is made up of 9 sentences.

Sentence 1: Allahu la ilaha illa huwa alhayyu alqayyoomu

Sentence 2: la ta/khuthuhu sinatun wala nawmun

Sentence 3: lahu ma fee alssamawati wama fee al-ardi

Sentence 4: man tha allathee yashfaAAu AAindahu illa bi-ithnihi

Sentence 5: yaAAlamu ma bayna aydeehim wama khalfahu

Sentence 6: wala yuheetoona bishay-in min AAilmihi illa bima shaa

Sentence 7: wasiAAa kursiyyuhu alssamawati waal-arda

Sentence 8: wala yaooduhu hifthuhuma

Sentence 9: wahuwa alAAaliyyu alAAatheemu

The fascinating thing about this ayah, is that the 1st sentence is linked to 9, the 2 to the 8, 3 to the 7. Etc..
Let's examine:

Sentence 1 and 9

1 & 9 both contain Two names of Allah.

1: alhayyu alqayyoomu
9: alAAaliyyu alAAatheemu

Sentence 2 and 8

Sentence 2: Neither drowsiness nor sleep overtakes Him

Drowsiness and sleep are as a result of exhausion.

Sentence 8: And their protection does not exhaust Him,

Sentence 3 & 7

Sentence 3: He exclusively owns whatever and whoever is in the skies and whatever is on the earth.

Two names of Allah: maalik and malik..

Maalik means owner

Malik means king

Owner is for small things, I own a pen but I am not the king of my pen

The king is more concerned with large territories.So you can own a lot of individual land in a territory but the king looks after the whole territory.

An owner might not be the king and a king might not be the owner.

Sentence 3: He exclusively owns whatever and whoever is in the skies and whatever is on the earth.

This ayah demonstrates his ownership of every single minute thing.

Sentence 7: His throne extends over the heavens and the earth.

This ayah demonstrates his kingship.

Authority on the micro and macro scale covered...

Sentence 4 & 6

Sentence 4: Who is there that can intercede with Him except by His leave?

Sentence 6: but they do not comprehend any of His knowledge except what He wills.

Two general statements about Allah and the exception to the rule.

Sentence 5

Sentence 5 is what blows me away..

Sentence 5 : He knows what is before them and what is behind them.

In the middle, Allah says He knows what is coming infront and what is coming behind.

SubhanAllah..

The fascinating thing is this is revealed once in speech not written or edited. The precision and micro accuracy in the quran are mind blowing and they are literally hundreds of thousands of these kinds of examples.

11 Likes

Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by babylolaroy(f): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
Allahu Akbar. And it is that verse in the Quran that exclusively describes and praise Allah alone while suratul ikhlas is the only chapter or surah that exclusively describes and praise Allah alone

2 Likes

Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by Sissie(f): 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
Fascinating.
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by ummsulaym(f): 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
SubhanAllah! Have been pondering over this... Indeed, Huwal awalu wal akhiru... #ALLAHU AKBAR!!!
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by tbaba1234: 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
There are a few more gems on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/972776/amazing-quran-season-1/1
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by golpen(m): 10:13am On Oct 23, 2013
i just love stuffs like this grin...

verily, ALLAH is the best of authors. S W T. alhamdulillah for the gift of islam

2 Likes

Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 23, 2013
Beautiful....so beautiful..... Allah is indeed,the Omniscient.. Makes me feel like I'm just discovering Ayatul kursiyy for the first time. Alhamdulillah I'm a muslimah.

1 Like

Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 23, 2013
May Allah forgive our sins and make us steadfast Muslims to the end,Amin.
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by babylolaroy(f): 11:41am On Oct 23, 2013
golpen: i just love stuffs like this grin...

verily, ALLAH is the best of authors. S W T. alhamdulillah for the gift of islam
hez a poet too with superb ryhymes. he adopts enjambment in his verses nd he finishes a sentence in d next verse.
he uses repetition and even flash back to remind people of somethings. its truly a gift to be a muslim..like my sigNature, alhamdulila ala ni'matil islaam
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by tbaba1234: 2:30pm On Oct 23, 2013
Answering the deviations in Shirk.

Ayatul kursi answers all of the deviations in shirk in a pretty remarkable way... Most deviations in shirk are dealt with in Ayatul kursi

Deviation 1: There are many gods deserving of worship

Response 1: Allah, There is no one worthy of worship, love and Obedience in any way, shape or form except He.

Deviation 2: God died for our sins, God created everything and left it to roll on it own.

Response 2: The living, The one who continously and is extremely engaged in keeping things standing.

Deviation 3: God created the earth and the earth and rested on the 7th day

Response 3: Neither drowsiness nor sleep overtakes Him

Deviation 4: God created but he doesn't own us, just because you created something doesn't mean you own it.

Response 4: He exclusively owns whatever and whoever is in the skies and whatever is on the earth.

Deviation 5: Ok, fine he owns us but someone will come and save us on Judgement day... Jesus (alayhi Salam), the saints, the righteous men, mother teresa etc

Response 5: Who is there that can intercede with Him except by His leave?

Deviation 6: God doesn't know eveything that is going on, He has bigger things to worry about, super novas and black holes in the universe. He is going to worry about my little deeds

Response 6: He knows what is before them and what is behind them

Deviation 7: I don't understand this God, how come He does this and that? How come He made a Judgement day?

Response 7: but they do not comprehend any of His knowledge except what He wills.

Deviation 8: How do you know God is still there?

Response 8: His throne extends over the heavens and the earth, And their protection does not exhaust Him, He is the ultimately High, the tremendeous

All of that deviation that can happen inside the mind has been addressed in Ayat kursi so Allah says rightfully in the next ayah that truth has been made clear from falsehood.

SubhanAllah!!

1 Like

Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by tbaba1234: 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
babylolaroy:
hez a poet too with superb ryhymes. he adopts enjambment in his verses nd he finishes a sentence in d next verse.
he uses repetition and even flash back to remind people of somethings. its truly a gift to be a muslim..like my sigNature, alhamdulila ala ni'matil islaam

Uncomfortable with the bolded because the quran is emphatic that it is not the work of a poet.
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by golpen(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
tbaba1234:

Uncomfortable with the bolded because the quran is emphatic that it is not the work of a poet.

But me I'll like to agree with her o. Qur'an is poetic, maybe at some points, in some verses. We have the rhymes, the word plays, the codes, repetition arrangements and all other values and xteristics of a standard poem IMO.
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by tbaba1234: 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
We can talk of all that but the greatest poets at the time could not reproduce any thing close to it and it was of the things the Quran was very emphatic about.

So I swear by what you can see and by what you cannot see: this [Quran] is the speech of an honoured messenger, not the words of a poet– how little you believe!– nor the words of a soothsayer–how little you reflect! (Surah 69: 38-41)

We have not taught the Prophet poetry, nor could he ever have been a poet. 70 This is a revelation, an illuminating Quran to warn anyone who is truly alive, so that God’s verdict may be passed against the disbelievers. (Surah 36: 69-70)

The bolded make it clear that it can and should not be described as 'poetry'..
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by golpen(m): 11:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
tbaba1234: We can talk of all that but the greatest poets at the time could not reproduce any thing close to it and it was of the things the Quran was very emphatic about.

So I swear by what you can see and by what you cannot see: this [Quran] is the speech of an honoured messenger, not the words of a poet– how little you believe!– nor the words of a soothsayer–how little you reflect! (Surah 69: 38-41)

We have not taught the Prophet poetry, nor could he ever have been a poet. 70 This is a revelation, an illuminating Quran to warn anyone who is truly alive, so that God’s verdict may be passed against the disbelievers. (Surah 36: 69-70)

The bolded make it clear that it can and should not be described as 'poetry'..

Let me try to disagree with you a bit sire.

The verses you have quoted refers that the holy prophet (saw) was not a poet, yet the revelations he spoke out are of poetic standards. He was not a soothsayer, but the revelations he got speaks of the future and predictions that shall come to pass, all because He (saw) was a chosen and honoured messenger. Not that it says the poetic values of the Qur'an should not be highlighted.

You may have to push further sire.
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by tbaba1234: 12:09am On Oct 24, 2013
Allah went to great lengths to seperate the Quran from poetry.

Hence saying : He is a poet.

Makes me highly uncomfortable and it is quite insulting to the Quran. Saying it rhymes is fine but the Quran is not poetry. It has its own unique literary style not found in the Arabic Language. Let's get a bit technical. For more on that read: http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/essays-articles/exploring-the-quran/the-qurans-unique-literary-form/

Taha Husayn, a prominent Egyptian Litterateur says:

But you know that the Qur’an is not prose and that it is not verse(poetry) either. It is rather Qur’an, and it cannot be called by any other name but this. It is not verse, and that is clear; for it does not bind itself to the bonds of verse. And it is not prose, for it is bound by bonds peculiar to itself, not found elsewhere; some of the binds are related to the endings of its verses and some to that musical sound which is all its own. It is therefore neither verse nor prose, but it is “a Book whose verses have been perfected the expounded, from One Who is Wise, All-Aware. ” We cannot therefore say its prose, and its text itself is not verse. It has been one of a kind, and nothing like it has ever preceded or followed it.”

(Lecture entitled “Prose in the second and third centuries after the Hijra” delivered at the Geographical Society in Cairo 1930. Dar al Ma-arif.. )

1 Like

Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by tbaba1234: 12:17am On Oct 24, 2013
Is the Poetry?

The Qur’an is not poetry because the totality of each surah does not conform to any of the al-Bihar and in many places exhibits inexact and irregular rhyme. Surah al-Kawthar (The Abundance) is a good example to show that it is not Arabic poetry,

Inna aAtayna kal kawthar Fasalli li rabbika wanhar Inna shani-aka huwal abtar

^_^_ ^^_ _

^^^^^^^^^

^_ _^^^^^^^

As can be seen by scanning the above surah [showing long (—) and short (^) syllables, should be read from left to right], the syllables do not correspond to any pattern similar to the al-Bihar of Arabic poetry. In fact there is no syllabic rhythmical  pattern in this surah. Mohammad Khalifa in his article “The Authorship of the Qur’an” correctly concludes,

“Readers familiar with Arabic Poetry realize that it has long been distinguished by its wazn, bahr, ‘arud and qafiya – exact measures of syllabic sounds and rhymes, which have to be strictly adhered to even at the expense of grammar and shade of meaning at times. All this is categorically different from Qur’anic literary style.”

[Mohammad Khalifa. The Authorship of the Qur’an in The Koran: Critical Concepts in Islamic Studies. Edited by Colin Turner, Vol. I, p.129]

Read more: http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/essays-articles/exploring-the-quran/the-qurans-unique-literary-form/
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by golpen(m): 4:57am On Oct 24, 2013
Jazaakallahu khairan bro...I now clearly understand. The Qur'an is of another style completely different from any other genre, so the best way to call it iis Qur'an. Hmmm SubhanaLLAH!!!

May ALLAH forgive my/others' shortcomings of tagging the Qur'an a poem. A serious lesson.

1 Like

Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by AbdH: 7:05am On Oct 24, 2013
tbaba1234: Answering the deviations in Shirk.

Ayatul kursi answers all of the deviations in shirk in a pretty remarkable way... Most deviations in shirk are dealt with in Ayatul kursi

Deviation 1: There are many gods deserving of worship

Response 1: Allah, There is no one worthy of worship, love and Obedience in any way, shape or form except He.

Deviation 2: God died for our sins, God created everything and left it to roll on it own.

Response 2: The living, The one who continously and is extremely engaged in keeping things standing.

Deviation 3: God created the earth and the earth and rested on the 7th day

Response 3: Neither drowsiness nor sleep overtakes Him

Deviation 4: God created but he doesn't own us, just because you created something doesn't mean you own it.

Response 4: He exclusively owns whatever and whoever is in the skies and whatever is on the earth.

Deviation 5: Ok, fine he owns us but someone will come and save us on Judgement day... Jesus (alayhi Salam), the saints, the righteous men, mother teresa etc

Response 5: Who is there that can intercede with Him except by His leave?

Deviation 6: God doesn't know eveything that is going on, He has bigger things to worry about, super novas and black holes in the universe. He is going to worry about my little deeds

Response 6: He knows what is before them and what is behind them

Deviation 7: I don't understand this God, how come He does this and that? How come He made a Judgement day?

Response 7: but they do not comprehend any of His knowledge except what He wills.

Deviation 8: How do you know God is still there?

Response 8: His throne extends over the heavens and the earth, And their protection does not exhaust Him, He is the ultimately High, the tremendeous

All of that deviation that can happen inside the mind has been addressed in Ayat kursi so Allah says rightfully in the next ayah that truth has been made clear from falsehood.

SubhanAllah!!

Subhanallahi! I want more please.
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by ummsulaym(f): 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
AbdH:

personally waiting for more...
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by tbaba1234: 4:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
golpen: Jazaakallahu khairan bro...I now clearly understand. The Qur'an is of another style completely different from any other genre, so the best way to call it iis Qur'an. Hmmm SubhanaLLAH!!!

May ALLAH forgive my/others' shortcomings of tagging the Qur'an a poem. A serious lesson.

Wa iyyakum bro..
;
Ameen.:.
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by golpen(m): 4:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
tbaba1234:

Wa iyyakum bro..
;
Ameen.:.

Come o...you've not given us your opinion on the thread "islamic educational reform".

Sorry for derailing small.
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by tbaba1234: 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
I need to cool down to write about that. grin grin
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by tbaba1234: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
AbdH:

On ayatul kursi or another surah/ayah?
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by AbdH: 6:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
tbaba1234:

On ayatul kursi or another surah/ayah?

If you have more on other Surahs, it will be great.
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by tbaba1234: 9:54am On Nov 08, 2013
AbdH:

If you have more on other Surahs, it will be great.

There are a few more gems on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/972776/amazing-quran-season-1/1

If you have gone through that. Then we can add a few more.
Re: A Gem From Ayatul Kursi by sino(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2015
Beautiful! Ma sha Allah!

(1) (Reply)

Moving The Lips While Reciting/reading The Qur'an Or Adkhars / Qiyam Al-layl Or Tarawih: Sunnah Or Bid'at? / Suicide Bombing: What Islam Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.