Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians - Investment (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians (83550 Views)

Pension Managers Please Come In. / The Absurd Ways Pension Managers Cheat Nigerians part2. / I Want To Withdraw From My Pension Fund Account! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 10:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
ChemicalReaction:
Congrats, man!

Thanks ma'am . You were placed on batch 91 ,right?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
Winter12:

We cleared all his contributory, this one is a new inflow
Good info thks
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Is there other 91 who have seen inflow, let's know pls ?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 11:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Wow! But I thought they've paid you since march?

No that was reconciliation that was done by PENCOM.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 12:19am On Jul 28, 2021
livewithpurpose:
I just checked again. Yes they've paid! Batch 90 too!!!!
Have you been paid group life before now ?
What were u just paid, is it accruals ?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 2:06am On Jul 28, 2021
livewithpurpose:

No that was reconciliation that was done by PENCOM.

Okay. Please during reconciliation, did they deduct from your dad's RSA balance? I just checked mine now and I noticed a deduction narrated as: FGN CONTR REFUND. I think reconciliation has commenced on our RSA
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 5:59am On Jul 28, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Okay. Please during reconciliation, did they deduct from your dad's RSA balance? I just checked mine now and I noticed a deduction narrated as: FGN CONTR REFUND. I think reconciliation has commenced on our RSA
Good exactly likely the case I once discussed. Have u been paid group life before now ?
And the enquiry now is that will they still be making any payment into d RSA after this deduction. Winter12 !
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 7:25am On Jul 28, 2021
yetunsbay:
Good exactly likely the case I once discussed. Have u been paid group life before now ?
And the enquiry now is that will they still be making any payment into d RSA after this deduction. Winter12 !

Group life is entirely different, it is been handled by office of head of service of the federation. It's either they pay through insurance companies or they pay from the budget, last I heard they paid was in Dec 2020 when FG released 2.5B for group life backlogs but my family wasn't included for settlement, so we're looking forward to the next one.

It's entirely different from PENCOM death benefits

Yeah, they would still make payments into his RSA, they still owe his accrued rights cos he has been working for FG before 2004
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 7:43am On Jul 28, 2021
yetunsbay:

His accrual will still be paid. My late dads own was paid into the rsa, remaining processing as usual
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2021
Winter12:

His accrual will still be paid. My late dads own was paid into the rsa, remaining processing as usual
Nice one
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 8:17am On Jul 28, 2021
Guess modus operandi of group life payment has been amended then
Thefarmer3:

Group life is entirely different, it is been handled by office of head of service of the federation. It's either they pay through insurance companies or they pay from the budget, last I heard they paid was in Dec 2020 when FG released 2.5B for group life backlogs but my family wasn't included for settlement, so we're looking forward to the next one.

It's entirely different from PENCOM death benefits

Yeah, they would still make payments into his RSA, they still owe his accrued rights cos he has been working for FG before 2004
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 9:36am On Jul 28, 2021
yetunsbay:
Have you been paid group life before now ?
What were u just paid, is it accruals ?

Yes, we've been paid group life before because he died in service. That one was paid by the insurance company.

It was the accrual that was paid now because our late dad worked with the federal government before 2004.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 9:38am On Jul 28, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Not really sure they did because the balance increased instead of reducing.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 10:16am On Jul 28, 2021
livewithpurpose:

Yes, we've been paid group life before because he died in service. That one was paid by the insurance company.

It was the accrual that was paid now because our late dad worked with the federal government before 2004.
Nice. Were u able to access RSA bal before this accruals was paid....I'm sure there are some amt post 2004 ?

Nevertheless, 91 still awaiting ooo jus like ur case.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 10:21am On Jul 28, 2021
livewithpurpose:

Not really sure they did because the balance increased instead of reducing.
guess no over remittance of Govt share of contribution was paid made to dad after death then.

But wait oo like a case of Thefarmer3, is it that "overpayment" refund will be made first BEFORE crediting with accruals ?
I get such case.

Winter12 join put mouth
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 11:22am On Jul 28, 2021
yetunsbay:
guess no over remittance of Govt share of contribution was paid made to dad after death then.

But wait oo like a case of Thefarmer3, is it that "overpayment" refund will be made first BEFORE crediting with accruals ?
I get such case.

Winter12 join put mouth

Yes of course, overpayment refund(reconciliation) will be done before crediting with accruals. In fact I just learnt from my PFA that as soon as reconciliation is concluded, we can claim the balance in the RSA even before accruals are paid. And whenever accruals are paid then it can be claimed as "additional benefits"
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 12:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Yes of course, overpayment refund(reconciliation) will be done before crediting with accruals. In fact I just learnt from my PFA that as soon as reconciliation is concluded, we can claim the balance in the RSA even before accruals are paid. And whenever accruals are paid then it can be claimed as "additional benefits"
that means currently you can file for the balance in RSA since ur reconciliation is done ? When then are we sure accruals gonna be remitted. What's ur batch ?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2021
yetunsbay:
Nice. Were u able to access RSA bal before this accruals was paid....I'm sure there are some amt post 2004 ?

Nevertheless, 91 still awaiting ooo jus like ur case.

Yes the RSA balance increased.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2021
yetunsbay:
that means currently you can file for the balance in RSA since ur reconciliation is done ? When then are we sure accruals gonna be remitted. What's ur batch ?

No I can't because they're not yet done with reconciliation, I learnt it's a process which usually takes a while. If you have the means of checking your RSA balance you must have noticed such in yours as well.

Batch 97
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2021
yetunsbay:

I get such case.

Winter12 join put mouth

During reconciliation, the amount credited after his death will be deducted . Afterwards,the accrual would be paid
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 1:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Told u so, but u ppl find it hard to believe
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2021
Thefarmer3:

No I can't because they're not yet done with reconciliation, I learnt it's a process which usually takes a while. If you have the means of checking your RSA balance you must have noticed such in yours as well.

Batch 97

Reconciliation takes 6 weeks to 8 weeks
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by frioslegend02: 1:44pm On Jul 28, 2021
Winter12:

Reconciliation takes 6 weeks to 8 weeks
That means they spend 6 to 8 weeks on a batch?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 2:28pm On Jul 28, 2021
frioslegend02:

That means they spend 6 to 8 weeks on a batch?

Nope. Reconciliation of the contributory. But for batches, they can pay 4 batches in a week
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Batch 97
since they are done with deduction in ur acct I assume u can file for application except u prefer waiting for the rest to get a lumpsum
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2021
Winter12:

Nope. Reconciliation of the contributory. But for batches, they can pay 4 batches in a week
since reduction & refund of contribution overpayment already done recently while batch 91 is next for Accruals remittance guess application can be sought.

If there is still any team 91 who has been paid kindly say hi mk I no dull myself pls
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2021
yetunsbay:
since they are done with deduction in ur acct I assume u can file for application except u prefer waiting for the rest to get a lumpsum

I can't file for anything yet because they are still doing reconciliation
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2021
yetunsbay:
since reduction & refund of contribution overpayment already done recently while batch 91 is next for Accruals remittance guess application can be sought.

If there is still any team 91 who has been paid kindly say hi mk I no dull myself pls

Hmmm... Perhaps you should contact your PFA for updates, don't assume too much oo
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by AlphaCEO: 11:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
Azwealth:
HOW PENSION MANAGERS ARE CHEATING NIGERIANS

Nigerians need to wake from their slumber. This is necessary in respect to the issue of pension managers who collect forms on behalf of workers with the promise of a better retirement.

These pension funds are usually deducted from the workers salary but usually hard to collect when it is needed or at the retirement age. These pension managers request for many documents and lay down difficult processes before releasing the money to the owners.

It is usually even worse when the worker is dead and his next of kin wants to collect the money. He has to go through tedious processes and peradventure he scales through, there is still one obstacle to stop him-"THE ADMINISTRATIVE DOCUMENT". This is usually issued by the court of law and may take a year to get or even more.

What's even worse? The so-called lawyers will demand for 25% of the money to be collected and some other court officials will request for bribe to process the document faster. Before you know it, you have spent more than you are expecting.

Take for example, a colleague of mine who has #245000 with one of these pension managers died recently. As expected, his next of kin decided to claim his entitlement but was faced with series of obstacles which stopped him.

The most painful aspect is that when this funds are deducted, there are usually no clauses but when it's time to get your money, these clauses are their to stop you. The government should please intervene in this matter because this is a means used by the rich to cheat the poor masses.

This is a wake-up call to all workers to ensure that their years of labour do not end in vain.

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 11:30pm On Jul 29, 2021
[quote author=AlphaCEO post=104199009][/quote]
Letter of admin takes just a month and it doesn't cost jerk.
Be enlightened, you can do it in states that won't demand high fees
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2021
I notice a refund too now. My PFA confirmed accruals yet to be deposited while Pencom said they are done with batch 91 (mine).

Is it that PFA/PFC are withholding the accruals and yet to remit RSA or what ?

I pray new week is fruitful.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by frioslegend02: 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2021
Any news this week? What batch are they paying now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply)

MMM Releases 2017 Rules Ahead Jan. 14 / Ten Legal Ways To Become A Millionaire In Nigeria Before 2022 / This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.