Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians - Investment (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians (84000 Views)

Pension Managers Please Come In. / The Absurd Ways Pension Managers Cheat Nigerians part2. / I Want To Withdraw From My Pension Fund Account! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
Winter12:

They are meant to receive such for the service they render the government before year 2004.
Anyone that started work starting from 2005 are not entitled to it

Any body that works for federal government before the introduction of the new scheme are entitled to the extra benefit. That's what I know on that
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2021
Winter12:

They are meant to receive such for the service they render the government before year 2004.
Anyone that started work starting from 2005 are not entitled to it
which part did you answer pls
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2021
Winter12:

Any body that works for federal government before the introduction of the new scheme are entitled to the extra benefit. That's what I know on that
and the extra benefits is termed ?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2021
My conclusion is just that if you hv been paid group life insurance then don't expect all this about DB of a thing
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2021
yetunsbay:
My conclusion is just that if you hv been paid group life insurance then don't expect all this about DB of a thing

Group life are for those that died in service , right?

What am seeing is either group life or db , don't expect both
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2021
Winter12:

Group life are for those that died in service , right?

What am seeing is either group life or db , don't expect both

So if the beneficiaries have received group life there won't be death benefits? That wasn't what the PFA told us
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2021
livewithpurpose:

So if the beneficiaries have received group life there won't be death benefits? That wasn't what the PFA told us
to me nothing like death benefits anymore sef... enjoy the GL
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2021
livewithpurpose:

Only if u are under the old scheme and have retired before 2004 , that's when u are entitled to additional benefit ( basically, ur accrual ).
That's why I copied the message that was sent from stanbic
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2021
Winter12:

Only if u are under the old scheme and have retired before 2004 , that's when u are entitled to additional benefit ( basically, ur accrual ).
That's why I copied the message that was sent from stanbic
this explains all. Wetin con vex me be sey why Pencom go dey waste time dey place on batch even wen nothing go show
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
Winter12:

Let me paste the message that stanbic sent to my mum then.

Further to your mail below and our previous response to you, please be informed that your late husband is on Batch 90 and the account has been reconciled but the last accrued right paid for deceased is Batch 86. However, you may visit any of our pension offices close to you with all the required documents in the attached checklist to access the death benefit (fund currently in the account).

Once the accrued right is credited into the account, you will apply for it as additional death benefit.

As u can see in the last paragraph, accrued right can be paid for a retired dead employee. Group life is for those that haven't retired ,who died in service
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2021
yetunsbay:
this explains all. Wetin con vex me be sey why Pencom go dey waste time dey place on batch even wen nothing go show
Na naija be that o
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2021
Winter12:

As u can see in the last paragraph, accrued right can be paid for a retired dead employee. Group life is for those that haven't retired ,who died in service
either dead or alive accrued rights are meant to be paid with respect to having more than 3years to retire from 2004.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Winter12:

You're confusing it. Accrued rights are the benefits meant for every federal government employee who joined the service before 2004 when the Pension act came into existence. This information was from the PFA and PENCOM as well.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 12:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
Final submission

The component of death benefits are:

1) Group Life Insurance
2) Accrued rights for the services rendered before 2004
3) contributions made from 2004 up to the time of death.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
yetunsbay:
Final submission

The component of death benefits are:

1) Group Life Insurance
2) Accrued rights for the services rendered before 2004
3) contributions made from 2004 up to the time of death.

Group life isn't for retiree.
Batch 90 has been paid . Yetunsbay, your batch is next.
I hereby with an heavy heart, leave this group and wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
livewithpurpose:

You're confusing it. Accrued rights are the benefits meant for every federal government employee who joined the service before 2004 when the Pension act came into existence. This information was from the PFA and PENCOM as well.

Livingwithpurpose , always message ur pfa and make sure all the documents u are suppose to submit was submitted by ur pfa without a mistake
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 2:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
frioslegend02:

What does this mean, Accrued Right to be paid with death benefits at once?

Get in touch with ur pfa, if yours worked with the federal government pre 2004 expect something. But if not , still expect something
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
I think , they will get to batch 95 before August ending . Wish u all good luck grin

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
Winter12:

Oga Winter! Congrats o, I'm happy for you. But why is your heart heavy now? It's good news and even calls for celebration.

Abeg don't leave us yet o, you can still help with answers to some questions
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Winter12:

Wow congrats! Please explain is accrued rights that were paid? We are on batch 90 too.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
I just checked again. Yes they've paid! Batch 90 too!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 6:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
livewithpurpose:

Wow! But I thought they've paid you since march?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Oga Winter! Congrats o, I'm happy for you. But why is your heart heavy now? It's good news and even calls for celebration.

Abeg don't leave us yet o, you can still help with answers to some questions

Na joke I dey joke Na. I still dey
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
livewithpurpose:

Wow congrats! Please explain is accrued rights that were paid? We are on batch 90 too.

Yes, it was his accrual that was paid. We've accessed his contributory before.
My late dad worked with fed gov and retired 2006
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2021
livewithpurpose:

Bro, go ur pfa asap . They are paying through the rsa account. I don't think it's directly into the beneficiary account
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 8:07pm On Jul 27, 2021
livewithpurpose:

Congrats to us. Batch 91 is a go
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
Winter12:

Na joke I dey joke Na. I still dey

Check your mail abeg, i messaged you
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
Winter12:

Yes, it was his accrual that was paid. We've accessed his contributory before.
My late dad worked with fed gov and retired 2006
1)By the time you accessed dad's contribution did u left any bal in RSA ?

2)Fast forward to now, do you notice whether the balance you left there is what they paid you now as accruals or you notice any significant inflow ?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by ChemicalReaction(f): 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2021
Winter12:

Wow!
Congratulations, Winters. This calls for celebration abeg. grin grin
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by ChemicalReaction(f): 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2021
livewithpurpose:
Congrats, man!
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
yetunsbay:
1)By the time you accessed dad's contribution did u left any bal in RSA ?

2)Fast forward to now, do you notice whether the balance you left there is what they paid you now as accruals or you notice any significant inflow ?

We cleared all his contributory, this one is a new inflow
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 10:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
ChemicalReaction:
Wow!
Congratulations, Winters. This calls for celebration abeg. grin grin

Thanks a bunch

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply)

Ten Legal Ways To Become A Millionaire In Nigeria Before 2022 / This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder / SEC Warns Nigerians Of The Dangers Of MMM, Calls It Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.