Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians - Investment (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians (83318 Views)

Pension Managers Please Come In. / The Absurd Ways Pension Managers Cheat Nigerians part2. / I Want To Withdraw From My Pension Fund Account! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 1:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
@Livewithpurpose how far now? Been awhile we heard from you, have you finally been paid?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
Hope u didn't just tell me what I crave to hear
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by chiomzy86(f): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2021
Azwealth:
HOW PENSION MANAGERS ARE CHEATING NIGERIANS

Nigerians need to wake from their slumber. This is necessary in respect to the issue of pension managers who collect forms on behalf of workers with the promise of a better retirement.

These pension funds are usually deducted from the workers salary but usually hard to collect when it is needed or at the retirement age. These pension managers request for many documents and lay down difficult processes before releasing the money to the owners.

It is usually even worse when the worker is dead and his next of kin wants to collect the money. He has to go through tedious processes and peradventure he scales through, there is still one obstacle to stop him-"THE ADMINISTRATIVE DOCUMENT". This is usually issued by the court of law and may take a year to get or even more.

What's even worse? The so-called lawyers will demand for 25% of the money to be collected and some other court officials will request for bribe to process the document faster. Before you know it, you have spent more than you are expecting.

Take for example, a colleague of mine who has #245000 with one of these pension managers died recently. As expected, his next of kin decided to claim his entitlement but was faced with series of obstacles which stopped him.

The most painful aspect is that when this funds are deducted, there are usually no clauses but when it's time to get your money, these clauses are their to stop you. The government should please intervene in this matter because this is a means used by the rich to cheat the poor masses.

This is a wake-up call to all workers to ensure that their years of labour do not end in vain.

Write a will, and register it duely

It will help your loved ones hav access to ur money
With little stress

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by ChemicalReaction(f): 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Wow! Impressive!

But which payment exactly, Accrued rights or death benefits? And please, what batch were you placed on? Cos my PFA is Palpensions too and I'm on 97 for death benefits
Death benefits.

All the while, I never bothered asking about the batch. But I submitted the required documents since June last year.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by ChemicalReaction(f): 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
yetunsbay:
which payment pls ? If na DB don't mind them
Lol.. Why?
Na DB o..
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2021
ChemicalReaction:

Death benefits.

All the while, I never bothered asking about the batch. But I submitted the required documents since June last year.

Alright
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 5:41pm On Jul 19, 2021
yetunsbay:
Hope u didn't just tell me what I crave to hear

Boss, please contact your PFA oo... Check this out too:

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 6:24pm On Jul 19, 2021
Thefarmer3:

payment will be paid directly into Administrator's account not PFA
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Eddodoh(m): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
How long does it take to merge one RSA to another RSA?

I applied for 25% pension contributions with Fidelity Pensions. I completed d documentation today, later in d day I got a call from their Head Office that I need to merge my Trustfund Pensions account to d Fidelity Pensions account b4 my application can be process.

Note: I also have contributions with Trustfund Pensions under a different organization where I initially worked & have collected 25% from same contribution.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2021
yetunsbay:
payment will be paid directly into Administrator's account not PFA
Please note that upon receipt of additional funds on behalf of the deceased, the beneficiary's bank account previously submitted will be credited accordingly.

That was a message from stanbic. The payment will pass through the pfa first before it is deposited to ur account
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 10:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
Thefarmer3:

Further to your enquiry, please be informed that batch 88 and 89 of death benefit was processed recently.

We hope this clarifies your request and sincerely regret any inconvenience experienced as you await the conclusion of the account reconciliation.

Message from pfa
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 10:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
Winter12:

Further to your enquiry, please be informed that batch 88 and 89 of death benefit was processed recently.

We hope this clarifies your request and sincerely regret any inconvenience experienced as you await the conclusion of the account reconciliation.

Message from pfa
another message above overshadowed this confirming 91. Let's see after Sallah break
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2021
Winter12:

Please note that upon receipt of additional funds on behalf of the deceased, the beneficiary's bank account previously submitted will be credited accordingly.

That was a message from stanbic. The payment will pass through the pfa first before it is deposited to ur account
Thanks bro thou PenCom reps confirmed otherwise
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 5:05am On Jul 20, 2021
Winter12:

Message from pfa

Reconciliation! Reconciliation!! Reconciliation!!!.... Nawaoo... Well, we've got no choice but to be patient and hopeful

Thanks bro
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 11:49am On Jul 21, 2021
Thefarmer3:
@Livewithpurpose how far now? Been awhile we heard from you, have you finally been paid?

Not yet ooo. Still waiting for the hospital to confirm the death certificate. That's the only delay right now. Very frustrating.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 12:37pm On Jul 21, 2021
livewithpurpose:

Not yet ooo. Still waiting for the hospital to confirm the death certificate. That's the only delay right now. Very frustrating.

Habaaaaa! Since April ooo... It is well bro

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2021
We'll laugh last.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by QuinModah(f): 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2021
Eddodoh:
How long does it take to merge one RSA to another RSA?

I applied for 25% pension contributions with Fidelity Pensions. I completed d documentation today, later in d day I got a call from their Head Office that I need to merge my Trustfund Pensions account to d Fidelity Pensions account b4 my application can be process.

Note: I also have contributions with Trustfund Pensions under a different organization where I initially worked & have collected 25% from same contribution.
It's a must to merge. Do it fast
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Eddodoh(m): 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
QuinModah:
It's a must to merge. Do it fast
Will it stop me from collecting d 25%? How long does it take?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by frioslegend02: 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
How long does reconciliation take place? Nigeria always using delay tactics, it's so bad. Most of us have submitted benefits application for over a year now, they have not done all the reconciliations. From last year till now, just a batch paid.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by PeaceIlya: 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2021
frioslegend02:
How long does reconciliation take place? Nigeria always using delay tactics, it's so bad. Most of us have submitted benefits application for over a year now, they have not done all the reconciliations. From last year till now, just a batch paid.
6 months but technically 2yrs
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 9:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
frioslegend02:
i'm on batch supposed and currently being paid as confirmed by media rep thou yet to see inflow.
Seems dey wanna see crazzzzzy

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 2:01am On Jul 23, 2021
yetunsbay:
i'm on batch supposed and currently being paid as confirmed by media rep thou yet to see inflow thou.
Seems dey wanna see crazzzzzy
Same here, tho have messaged them (pfa)

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 6:13am On Jul 23, 2021
Winter12:

Same here, tho have messaged them (pfa)
Avail us their response & are u sure they might hv been credited ? Confusion in d air.
What's ur batch ?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 11:52am On Jul 23, 2021
yetunsbay:
Avail us their response & are u sure they might hv been credited ? Confusion in d air.
What's ur batch ?
Batch 90 death benefit.
I was told that they just processed 88 and 89 (pfa is stanbic ibtc)
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2021
Winter12:

Batch 90 death benefit.
I was told that they just processed 88 and 89 (pfa is stanbic ibtc)
God help us all
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
yetunsbay:
Infact media rep are so confusing
They are hitting us with different news
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 2:34pm On Jul 23, 2021
Winter12:

They are hitting us with different news
Soon all gonna be settled.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2021
yetunsbay:
check this out. New message.
No changes in RSA bal and yet to contact PFA thou.

Na wa o. What Pfa if you don't mind sharing?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 7:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
livewithpurpose:

Na wa o. What Pfa if you don't mind sharing?
Arms
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Winter12: 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2021
yetunsbay:
check this out. New message.
No changes in RSA bal and yet to contact PFA thou.
They haven't paid me too. Stanbic ibtc batch 90 accrued death benefit.
When I message stanbic, they said they are reviewing my message that they will get back to me soon.
That's how they also did when I wanted to access the contributory. They said I can't access it , but later paid when I reported them to pencom

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (30) (Reply)

MMM Releases 2017 Rules Ahead Jan. 14 / Ten Legal Ways To Become A Millionaire In Nigeria Before 2022 / This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.