Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Breaking News: Army Kills 37 B’haram Militants In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Army Kills 37 B’haram Militants In Borno (650 Views)

In Kumala, Army Kills Boko Haram Members & Recover Weapons (photos) / Boko Haram Bombs Lake Chad, Kills 37 / Breaking news: Army Have Taken Over Aba! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Army Kills 37 B’haram Militants In Borno by tobnical(m): 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
The 7 Division of the Nigerian Army said on Tuesday that it had killed 37 suspected Boko Haram militants after an operation in Borno.

The Spokesman of the division, Captain Aliyu Danja, made the disclosure in a statement  in Maiduguri.

“Based on available intelligence, troops of 7 Division of the Nigerian Army launched attacks on a suspected Boko Haram camp located in Alagarno in Borno.

“The operation, which commenced last Monday, involved a coordinated ground and air assault,” he said.

He said it was a coordinated attack by troops of the 7 Div. in conjunction with 79 composite group of the Nigerian Air Force, Maiduguri,  aimed at destroying the terrorists’ camp.

“A total of 37 suspected Boko Haram militants were killed in a gunfire exchange while several others fled with gun shot wounds,’’ the spokesman said.

He also said that, “arms and ammunition were recovered. Three Hilux vehicles and several motorcycles belonging to the suspects were destroyed.’’

Danja also confirmed the killing of four persons during last Sunday’s attack by suspected Boko Haram militants in Logomani village near Gamboru-Ngala border.

“In the early hours of Sunday, suspected Boko Haram terrorists numbering about 50, armed with AK 47 rifles and rocket propellers, blocked the Gamboru Ngala Dikwa Road at Logomani village, killing four civilians and injuring two.

“They also set ablaze four trailers, two fuel tankers and snatched an Isuzu pick up loaded with provisions,’’ he said.

Danja said, “The attackers fled the scene on arrival of troops of the 7 Div.

“Also, suspected militants attacked members of youths vigilance group who were returning from a funeral in Bama.

“Three members of the vigilance group were killed and their vehicle set ablaze.

“Troops of 7 Division are currently conducting aggressive patrol at the scene of the attack to trace all  suspected hide outs of the militants.’’

http://www.punchng.com/news/army-kills-37-bharam-militants-in-borno/
Re: Breaking News: Army Kills 37 B’haram Militants In Borno by Beaf1: 1:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
This is a normal news in Nigeria today. No breaking.
Re: Breaking News: Army Kills 37 B’haram Militants In Borno by cashkidvsboko(m): 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
d other day it was it camerounian sojas dt kiled 180 of them n nw 37 of them..does it mean dt bh no dey finish or they ar kilin innocent pple
Re: Breaking News: Army Kills 37 B’haram Militants In Borno by 0Willywilly0: 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nigeria army should stop killing these people, they should be allowed to practice and govern themselves how they wish, Islam is their religion and they want their Islamic country, i see no reason for disturbing them.
Re: Breaking News: Army Kills 37 B’haram Militants In Borno by buchito1(m): 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
0Willywilly0: Nigeria army should stop killing these people, they should be allowed to practice and govern themselves how they wish, Islam is their religion and they want their Islamic country, i see no reason for disturbing them.
Baba u must to dey dream! Let dem leave those bastards to continue, dey wud always continue, only death can stop them... So i guess murdering their fathers is d real deal!
Re: Breaking News: Army Kills 37 B’haram Militants In Borno by tobnical(m): 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
0Willywilly0: Nigeria army should stop killing these people, they should be allowed to practice and govern themselves how they wish, Islam is their religion and they want their Islamic country, i see no reason for disturbing them.
I guess you are joking!
Re: Breaking News: Army Kills 37 B’haram Militants In Borno by 0Willywilly0: 11:12am On Oct 24, 2013
tobnical: I guess you are joking!
Not a joke, I'm for real. The killings is getting too much, they are moslems and want their Islamic country govern by Islam and ready to die for it, Government should allow them, that place is their land and have right over it.
Re: Breaking News: Army Kills 37 B’haram Militants In Borno by slimming: 11:49am On Oct 24, 2013
Not a joke, I'm for real. The killings is getting too much, they are moslems and want their Islamic country govern by Islam and ready to die for it, Government should allow them, that place is their land and have right over it.

supported

(1) (Reply)

I Fear That My Husband May Be Poisoned In Detention / Access Bank Plc Frustrates Me / Amaechi Not NGF Chairman, Presidency Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.