Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? (23600 Views)

The Good 80s: Just What Is Your Taste In MUSIC? / For Those That Appreciate Quality Videos This Is The Very Video For Your Taste. / The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by sEGXY2(m): 9:58am On Oct 24, 2013
Am a fan of lil wayne n nicky that does not make me dumb i think its just your personalty.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by litetias(m): 10:18am On Oct 24, 2013
I recently stopped listening to rap, Nigerian hiphop and the rest. My playlist is now filled with rock, country, alternative rock, R&B, pop and classicals. I learn more from listening to them and of course less bad influence.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Adanyebe(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2013
Its not d song dat determines ur IQ but the content .... Someone wit great IQ listens to songs with great Lyrics that matches his /her taste..... Even if it is a makosa dance track
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by SirMacIbb(m): 10:24am On Oct 24, 2013
Well, Somtyms d kind of music one habitually listens or addicted to, defines him.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by litetias(m): 10:28am On Oct 24, 2013
Sheyzman: Have any of you tried listening to lil Wayne and nicki minaj's lyrics? It is absolutely amazing. Especially lil Wayne, his expressions are great and makes you think deep. Listen to mirror ft bruno mars, and goodbye ft akon and Maria Carey
You mean Goodbye by Mariah Carey ft Akon and Lil Wayne.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by litetias(m): 10:31am On Oct 24, 2013
joanpinkie:

Which other way?
Your intelligence level defines your taste in music.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by vhickky(f): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2013
Ikenna94: wen i was a kid i likd songs by african china nd kimi ranking i.e dapada.bt i was fantastic in skul nt to mention dat i did nt read 4 exams den.
so you were fantastic in school without reading, wow!! your school was probably filled with terry G like students............in the city filled with blind people the one eyed man is king...
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by saintNinoBran(m): 11:31am On Oct 24, 2013
Music is a big distraction to academics.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Kerilyyz(m): 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
Well, apart frm those super dull crooners, it takes intelligence tu put a good song tugeda. And listening tu terry G's songs doesn't determine ur IQ. Hav u listened tu Terry G speak? The guy is incredibly intelligent. And lil wayne? Incredible. Ur taste has nothing to do with ur IQ. Simple. Itz jx about ur choice.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by phermonyx(m): 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
Willgates: just because someone is writing JAMB for the fourth time doesn't mean he's got an abysmal I.Q. And did you just say lil Wayne's songs? damn! the manner at which that guy plays with words is simply incredible! If u don't like his songs it's because u have a low I.Q already

I couldn't have said it better
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Charbless(m): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2013
BabaAlabi:
Lol...But does the kind of music you listen to matter? For example many Nigerians don't care about meaningful lyrics in a song, na only dance dem wan dance. Does it have an effect on exams and reasoning?
It is my Dear!!!! Like wen I started listening to frank Edwards, my spiritual life increased. Bt wen I switched to FLAVoUR, guess wat happend!!!!
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Charbless(m): 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
BabaAlabi:
Lol...But does the kind of music you listen to matter? For example many Nigerians don't care about meaningful lyrics in a song, na only dance dem wan dance. Does it have an effect on exams and reasoning?
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by phermonyx(m): 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2013
Tone tonz: It might be...an example of someone who is addicted to lil wayne,all he hearz z 'ow many bitchez he gat or ow to make it rain on hoes''..blehhh...but compare it to someone who listens to soundz that getz thinkin deep on how to understand or give diff meaningz to the lyrics or jez piano soundz...t gtz u tinkn deep

U obviously don't know lil wayne or his words were too difficult to understand
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Sike(m): 1:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
Willgates: just because someone is writing JAMB for the fourth time doesn't mean he's got an abysmal I.Q. And did you just say lil Wayne's songs? damn! the manner at which that guy plays with words is simply incredible! If u don't like his songs it's because u have a low I.Q already
Wa last Willgates. Thanks!
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by ennysongs(m): 1:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
There is an atom of truth in it cos wen u listen u myt want to be like him(lil wayne) makin u a noise maker. Equivelent to empty can.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by tubosunmii(m): 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
i for one don't agree that music determines our intelligence rather i think it helps in a lot of ways take for example children who are still reluctant to learn you find out that music brings out the other side ,making them seem creative and if they enjoy such and they know how the music industry is then it will rather boost their moral , i cannot imagine hearing anybody wanting to be like wizkid to sound dumb or stupid. cheesy
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by mystikal(m): 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
interesting opinion!

I will add however tht some of the things that dumb lil wayne says will only only take intelligent minds to decipher n understand
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Tonetonz(f): 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
phermonyx:

U obviously don't know lil wayne or his words were too difficult to understand
used to be a fan n i clearly understood then but bliv me tz all crap
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Nobody: 5:13am On Oct 26, 2013
oh please, it only shows what kind of person you are...not your level of intelligence.
FFS Barack Obama listens to Jay Z tongue I can conclude he is a "down to Earth" kind of guy.

PPL who only listen to ONE or certain genres tend to be ppl who are afraid of change and/or are
prejudiced in some way. Those of us who appreciate music from all over are more open minded. wink
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 26, 2013
ennysongs: There is an atom of truth in it cos wen u listen u myt want to be like him(lil wayne) makin u a noise maker. Equivelent to empty can.

grin grin grin

ok i will say listening to the likes of Cheif Keef can make one feel "dumber" after a few tracks grin
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by bizfirst: 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
Okijajuju1:

How do you rate a musician? What makes a Musician Daft?!

When he/she provides daft music wink
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by Gynacologist(m): 11:48am On Jan 11, 2015
vizboy:
wetin una want make I talk
klose ur legz asap.
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by TheArranger(m): 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
mustaphagreens:

pls we would need the source of that cos it definitely could be some hastily manufactured statistics to back up ur post.
Part of me is actually glad that sufjan stevens isn't mainstream
Re: What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? by TheArranger(m): 3:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
bizfirst:

When he/she provides daft music wink
Well if he/she spouts out retarded lyrics

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An Unbiased Review Of The 15th Headies Award By TrendyBeatz / 2Face Idibia's "OLE" Music Video / Vector Ft Davido – 'Comfort'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.