Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:51 PM

Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks (12274 Views)

Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson / Buhari Arrives London On Charm Offensive - Newsweek London / Presidency Sets-up Task-force On Ezekwesili's Remarks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by biafranqueen: 12:50am On Oct 26, 2013
ogugua88:

Yes. And his apology, if it comes, doesn't have to change anything. No, his apology will not end the ASUU strike, or make the conditions of some Nigerians improve, or even change the price of garri. It isn't always about what you can gain though. Sometimes, it's simply about making a point. If we don't bring to attention Senator Cruz's err, then we'll be trampled upon by American politicians the same way the Nigerian government tramples on its citizens. Sure, it may be a small fight, and one that may be lost, but it's better to try and fail than do nothing and fail from the very beginning.
kiss

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by biafranqueen: 1:05am On Oct 26, 2013
ogugua88: A petition has been created on change.org to make Senator Cruz aware that he has offended the Nigerian community and needs to apologize for his distasteful remarks.

Nigeria may not be perfect, but neither is any nation. Our imperfection gives no one any right to mud sling us, most especially a US senator, who is supposedly esteemed.

Please sign!

Senator Ted Cruz, Apologize For Your Offensive Remarks to the Nigerian Community!
Signed!

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by biafranqueen: 1:08am On Oct 26, 2013
swedbase: I am a Biafran so i don't need to sign thanx
Really you think so, how many of our people are building industries in our states. Don't you know this is one more strike that will scare investors away. No wonder our land is in such disarray, I bet you cheered Peter Obi in Israel embarassed a group of people that despise Nigerians and all Africans. The Prime Minister did not even meet with our President, Obama skipped Coming to our country because they think we are just like our leaders irresponsible. Well a responsible leader can never lead irresponsible people, let us take responsibility for the image of our beloved country and show that that 1000 bad guys does not equal to 160 million citizens!

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by biafranqueen: 1:14am On Oct 26, 2013
shymexx: If he doesn't apologise, then what?

Whatever happened to the petition about the "child marriage law?"

Nigerians and focusing on the most trivial things. He said whatever he said, so what? How about sign petitions against those who destroyed the past, present and future of those millions of Nigerians sending spam mails everywhere? Charity they say begins at home. Ted Cruz has never hurt any Nigerian, neither has he stolen from Nigerians. He was speaking metaphorically, or should I say, figuratively. And he owes no one an apology.

I guess I'll never understand the mentality/experience of Nigerians
PS: Pls, leave my post alone, if you can't discuss the topic. "Diss me and I won't reply" - Drake.
The point is it only takes a few seconds to let your voice be heard, maybe if we can come together for once, we can continue to fight on bigger issues. This is why nothing is being done about the corruption now we can never come together on any issues to fight against whats wrong lets see what will happen. We have to crawl before we run!

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 2:42am On Oct 26, 2013
hes already apologised. google it
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by toshmann(m): 3:02am On Oct 26, 2013
Petition petition petition !!!

Please we need 10million signatures to make these people apologize and pay retribution for wasting our country to the point that many leave our countries for greener pastures when our own pasture is supposed to be the greenest

1. Gowon
2. Obasanjo
3. Shagari
4. Buhari
5. Babangida
6. Abacha
7. Abdulsami
8. Umaru Dikko
9. Sanusi
10. Ibori
11. GEJ
12. Tinubu
13. Igbinedion
14. Babangida again
15 IBB
16. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida
17. Anenih
18. Olabode George
19. Udenwa
20. Peter Odili
21. IBB
22. Chris Uba
23. Andy Uba
24. Add your own list

These people are the real ones hurting me, senator Cruz can say what he wants, it doesn't hurt me, but these modafokas here and their cronies too numerous to mention have destroyed the fabric of hope on which our nation should spring up for future generations. And they are not done yet. Let us focus our energy on getting them to apologize and pay us back our money and give us back our country angry

Sign,
Toshmann The Great

The anu Ana agba egbe o n'acho condom 1 of Umumkpi
GCON angry

7 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by armyofone(m): 3:16am On Oct 26, 2013
You guys should be marching in front of his office and also be at capitol hills or else it ends on Nl.
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 26, 2013
but tell your people to stop sending e-mails that they are princes in nigeria and just need a little money to retrieve ...
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Onliie(m): 4:20am On Oct 26, 2013
I want an apology from the Nigerian ambassador to every American who has been bombarded by Nigerian email scammers. I'll listen to him after the Nigerian government prosecutes these criminals who attempt to rob U.S. citizens. Ted Cruz owes no apology to Nigeria.
Inky Spaniel, 32 mins ago
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by biafranqueen: 4:30am On Oct 26, 2013
toshmann: Petition petition petition !!!

Please we need 10million signatures to make these people apologize and pay retribution for wasting our country to the point that many leave our countries for greener pastures when our own pasture is supposed to be the greenest

1. Gowon
2. Obasanjo
3. Shagari
4. Buhari
5. Babangida
6. Abacha
7. Abdulsami
8. Umaru Dikko
9. Sanusi
10. Ibori
11. GEJ
12. Tinubu
13. Igbinedion
14. Babangida again
15 IBB
17. Anenih
18. Olabode George
19. Udenwa
20. Peter Odili
21. IBB
22. Chris Uba
23. Andy Uba
24. Add your own list

These people are the real ones hurting me, senator Cruz can say what he wants, it doesn't hurt me, but these modafokas here and their cronies too numerous to mention have destroyed the fabric of hope on which our nation should spring up for future generations. And they are not done yet. Let us focus our energy on getting them to apologize and pay us back our money and give us back our country angry

Sign,
Toshmann The Great

GCON angry
why not start a real one addressed to the International Courts why does it have to be a joke lets go !
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 26, 2013
toshmann: Petition petition petition !!!

1. Gowon
2. Obasanjo
3. Shagari
4. Buhari
5. Babangida
6. Abacha
7. Abdulsami
8. Umaru Dikko
9. Sanusi
10. Ibori
11. GEJ
12. Tinubu
13. Igbinedion
14. Babangida again
15 IBB
17. Anenih
18. Olabode George
19. Udenwa
20. Peter Odili
21. IBB
22. Chris Uba
23. Andy Uba
24. Add your own list

Sign,
Toshmann The Great

GCON angry
wetin IBB do you?
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by ccollins(m): 4:55am On Oct 26, 2013
ogugua88: A petition has been created on change.org to make Senator Cruz aware that he has offended the Nigerian community and needs to apologize for his distasteful remarks.

Nigeria may not be perfect, but neither is any nation. Our imperfection gives no one any right to mud sling us, most especially a US senator, who is supposedly esteemed.

Please sign!

Senator Ted Cruz, Apologize For Your Offensive Remarks to the Nigerian Community!

@op, what arrant nonsense is this.. The importance and attention to what other countries say Is not even a major concern for majority of masses in a country with 160 million people yet alone being talked about.. Hope this not a plot by one of our dirty political leaders to distract us from our own issues like ASUU strike,stella oduah scandal,corruption and many millions of problem nigeria face daily... This is no wisdom at all .. Leaving your own wahala to fight for another

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by ccollins(m): 4:58am On Oct 26, 2013
Onliie: I want an apology from the Nigerian ambassador to every American who has been bombarded by Nigerian email scammers. I'll listen to him after the Nigerian government prosecutes these criminals who attempt to rob U.S. citizens. Ted Cruz owes no apology to Nigeria.
Inky Spaniel, 32 mins ago

That's it.. As if senator cruz is not saying the truth... Mitchew
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 5:01am On Oct 26, 2013
The irony in all this is that Senator Cruz is Canadian (born in Calgary) and the team behind President Obama's website, the website Cruz has been bashing, is contracted by CGI Federal, the American subsidiary of the Canadian CGI group.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by biafranqueen: 5:04am On Oct 26, 2013
ogugua88: The irony in all this is that Senator Cruz is Canadian (born in Calgary) and the team behind President Obama's website, the website Cruz has been bashing, is contracted by CGI Federal, the American subsidiary of the Canadian CGI group.
it looks like we just need 7 more what will happen when we get them?
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by PhysicsQED(m): 5:12am On Oct 26, 2013
ogugua88,

Obama made a similar sort of joke (referencing Nigerian scams) himself, while he was running for office. It's hard to find an online source to show this now, since almost all that will come up now is articles/info on recent Cruz's joke, but Obama did make that kind of joke as well years ago. The only really significant difference between the two instances is that Obama's joke was only for laughs, and not to attack a political adversary.

Ted Cruz is a bit of a nutcase, and may even have some underlying racial biases pushing him to do and say some of the things he does, but there isn't some racial angle in the joke. Since he is a senator and a supposed future Republican president or vice president he obviously shouldn't make jokes at the expense of other countries/nationalities. But this guy isn't level headed to begin with, and it's unlikely that any amount of petitioning is going to change his inherently obnoxious personality. This guy is getting more attention from a few Nigerians than he could possibly merit and it's being made to seem as if more Nigerians care about what he said than is actually the case. People should let the whole issue rest.
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Solankelekzy(m): 5:13am On Oct 26, 2013
i love nigeria, bt am surprised at the level of cowardice we display! at the subsidy strike i shouted 'salvation has come' bt it didnt, because we hrdly follow ANYTHING to its end. May the 'oyinbo 'apologise bt if he doesnt wont we sweep tis matter under the carpet?

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 26, 2013
biafranqueen: it looks like we just need 7 more what will happen when we get them?

It's a signature goal. With each signature, an automated email is sent to his press team, so the more the merrier.
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 26, 2013
PhysicsQED: ogugua88,

Obama made a similar sort of joke (referencing Nigerian scams) himself, while he was running for office. It's hard to find an online source to show this now, since almost all that will come up now is articles/info on recent Cruz's joke, but Obama did make that kind of joke as well years ago. The only really significant difference between the two instances is that Obama's joke was only for laughs, and not to attack a political adversary.

Ted Cruz is a bit of a nutcase, and may even have some underlying racial biases pushing him to do and say some of the things he does, but there isn't some racial angle in the joke. Since he is a senator and a supposed future Republican president or vice president he obviously shouldn't make jokes at the expense of other countries/nationalities. But this guy isn't level headed to begin with, and it's unlikely that any amount of petitioning is going to change his inherently obnoxious personality. This guy is getting more attention from a few Nigerians than he could possibly merit and it's being made to seem as if more Nigerians care about what he said than is actually the case. People should let the whole issue rest.

I don't think I heard President Obama's remarks back then.

There is a racial angle to the statement. A good number of Americans still believe President Obama was born and raised in Kenya, making him not qualified for president. A lot of Americans are ignorant. Some still think we all live in mud huts, chase lions with daggers, and scam them from the jungle. Kenya, Nigeria. There's no difference to the lot to which he panders.

The only way one can be successful is by trying, and that's exactly what we're doing.

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 26, 2013
I would sign if he made a false statement,having been scammed by Nigerians, that pain still exists, there are scammers in Nigeria so its not a fallacious statement. But I agree he shouldn't make fun of us, but signing hmmm no thanks but good luck guys
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Toyatc: 5:59am On Oct 26, 2013
Nigerians can be so annoying. Why all this idle talk about the OP starting this.
If you want to sign then sign if you do not want to sign then take a walk.
If you are too concerned about other bigger issues in 9ja,then start your own thread or movement about that. That is how change begin.
Afam, pls stop comparing the word "mafia" with "scam". Anybody would prefer to be called a mafia than a scammer.
A lot people from all countries now perpetuate scam using Nigeria, a lot also carry Nigerian passport. Nigerians are not the only ones that send spam mails. So why should we allow ourselves to be trampled and insulted by the same people who are the originator and masters in the same crime.
Change starts somewhere and this could be it. Better die trying than not doing anything at all. At all at all na I'm bad. Peace!

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Slyr0x: 6:11am On Oct 26, 2013
Signed

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 26, 2013
We are practically begging this guy to apologize! It's such a shame. Adefuye's letter is as watery as two-year old stool.

Leave Cruz alone!!!
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by leggo: 6:34am On Oct 26, 2013
Dumbest petition i've seen in a while...
is it cheap popularity you're seeking? If it is, there are other ways to go..

maybe we should also petition the FBI for classifying it as the ' Nigerian letter' .
Nigeria is a fraudulent country and all this petitions wont change our standing in the international eye..
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by toshmann(m): 6:36am On Oct 26, 2013
biafranqueen: why not start a real one addressed to the International Courts why does it have to be a joke lets go !
My sister wetin come make you believe say na joke?
I'm trying to make my people understand that in this life there are many problems and limited resources to solve those problems, let us use our energy for the real issues. You want us to fight a senator in Texas for mere utterances that he made while confirmed crooks right there for our domot in Naija who looted the life out of us and future generations are there watching and no one is talking about them.

Let us start by petitioning those home grown crooks. Leave senator Cruz alone, he's playing US politics with Obama, lets clean our country, by holding our home grown crooks accountable. If and when we clean up Nigeria, we will have better respect globally and even senator Cruz will use us as an example of how to build a nation, we won't need to call a national referendum to petition one man in a foreign country.

Why do we focus our energy on peripheral issues when hot issues are killing us?

Did anyone petition the federal aviation authorities when Nigerians kept dying from plane crash?

Did anyone petition the FG when boko haram killed thousands of Nigerians and some people were discussing amnesty?

How many signatures have been collected for ASUU strike that has kept a generation of Nigerians languishing for months?

Have you seen any petition about the deplorable state of our hospitals?

What of our roads? How many Nigerians will die from road accidents this weekend? Preventable deaths. Is there a petition for that?

How many women will be beaten up this weekend by their husband or boyfriend? Any petition for ending domestic violence?

Our senators are purported to be the highest paid senators in the world. How about petitioning the high cost of govt in the midst of extreme poverty? Wanna petition?

So my sister, no be joke. The list is endless. Unless we have the energy to petition all of them, we may have to pick and chose which cause to fight. And definitely, fighting one megalomaniac in Texas won't be my priority.

My opinion, you may not agree but that's okay.

3 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by toshmann(m): 6:41am On Oct 26, 2013
kingoflag: wetin IBB do you?
The guy finished Nigeria. angry
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 26, 2013
PS, I saw many organization immediately I opened the site, asking e to sign. I nearly signed thinking it was the Nigerian own.

Pls read well before you sign another person own

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by esere826: 6:56am On Oct 26, 2013
PhysicsQED: ogugua88,

Obama made a similar sort of joke (referencing Nigerian scams) himself, while he was running for office. It's hard to find an online source to show this now, since almost all that will come up now is articles/info on recent Cruz's joke, but Obama did make that kind of joke as well years ago. .

if you know the period range this occured,
go to google
go to "search tools"
go to "Any Time"
go to "custom range"
in the input box that opens up, narrow the date range "from" "to"
Search

1 Like

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by etim20(m): 7:01am On Oct 26, 2013
SIGNED jare
Don't mind this myopic Nigerians that are always on the opposition side even when it is not called for..
To sign ₪☺ be by force o..

2 Likes

Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by leggo: 7:07am On Oct 26, 2013
etim20: SIGNED jare
Don't mind this myopic Nigerians that are always on the opposition side even when it is not called for..
To sign ₪☺ be by force o..
remember to petition the FBI too..jobless people
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by harmless(m): 7:28am On Oct 26, 2013
Pls how is this effort going to change the detoriorating state of the nation, is it not better we know that we are in a bad state and we move for a change, why do we want to paint a false image, if you want to do something right, then start from petitoning the corrupt politicians dat are milking the country dry, pls pls lets stop chasing shadows, so if he aplogises, what happens, does it make our leaders more accountable and better the nation, i demand that you channel your effort more productively, lets start from getting sign-off to resolve the ASSU strike mess
Re: Petition: Make Senator Cruz Apologize For His Offensive Remarks by pmc01(m): 7:36am On Oct 26, 2013
shymexx: If he doesn't apologise, then what?

Whatever happened to the petition about the "child marriage law?"

Nigerians and focusing on the most trivial things. He said whatever he said, so what? How about sign petitions against those who destroyed the past, present and future of those millions of Nigerians sending spam mails everywhere? Charity they say begins at home. Ted Cruz has never hurt any Nigerian, neither has he stolen from Nigerians. He was speaking metaphorically, or should I say, figuratively. And he owes no one an apology.

I guess I'll never understand the mentality/experience of Nigerians
PS: Pls, leave my post alone, if you can't discuss the topic. "Diss me and I won't reply" - Drake.

Na you sabi!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone / Tinubu: My Government Will Rehabilitate Displaced Bakassi People / Gunmen kill two police officers in Imo state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.