Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,513 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? (28815 Views)

Upgrade 4.0.4 For Tecno P3, N3, And Other Gingerbread Device now available / HELP! How Do I Upgrade Rooted Gingerbread To Jellybean. / 2go Launches Version 3.6.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by ewizard1: 5:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
Based on the Rooting and Upgrade to install BBM!

I learnt Rooting and Upgrading any device with ARM6 Processor would still not make BBM compatible...
Also for ARM7 but a mate on XDA rtj3 has ported a BBM version for ARM7 Devices.
Would paste Download link if you want!

Like i posted earlier, I upgraded a HTC Chacha with 2.3 to 4.2.2 JB
I was only able to install the app, but it Force Closes whenever i open it.. Then i learnt its a ARM6 Device. So its not gonna work!
So if you're gonna Upgrade your device, first get to know What processor u have.
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by PamelaGold1(f): 12:23am On Oct 29, 2013
denzel2009: Bro, you need 4.2.2 agegebread.

DID U SAY AGEGE BREAD? grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by OmichaelO: 12:38am On Oct 29, 2013
ewizard1: Based on the Rooting and Upgrade to install BBM!

I learnt Rooting and Upgrading any device with ARM6 Processor would still not make BBM compatible...
Also for ARM7 but a mate on XDA rtj3 has ported a BBM version for ARM7 Devices.
Would paste Download link if you want!

Like i posted earlier, I upgraded a HTC Chacha with 2.3 to 4.2.2 JB
I was only able to install the app, but it Force Closes whenever i open it.. Then i learnt its a ARM6 Device. So its not gonna work!
So if you're gonna Upgrade your device, first get to know What processor u have.
I still doubt that cos it's not FC on INSPIRE 4G 4.2.2 ARMv7
what can you say to that? my observation tho
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by OmichaelO: 12:44am On Oct 29, 2013
quadrellegar880: u ve nt answer my question. ..I need a website to upgrade samsung y duos GT - S6102 to android version 4.1
grin grin
What you typed just proved that you are a complete noob.
Anyways help yourself.. [http http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2047795]
I hope you know you have to root first before the rest can follow
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by olawumia(m): 1:37am On Oct 29, 2013
My device is Android 4.0 I downloaded d bbm app from bbm.com. but if I click on it to install or open it ll come up with an error page telling me I sud connect to wireless internet. When my data plan is on and I Ave MB on it. Help pls
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by masterrjarm: 5:23am On Oct 29, 2013
olawumia: My device is Android 4.0 I downloaded d bbm app from bbm.com. but if I click on it to install or open it ll come up with an error page telling me I sud connect to wireless internet. When my data plan is on and I Ave MB on it. Help pls
if u re using 2g network switch to 3g
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by ewizard1: 6:57am On Oct 29, 2013
O.michael.O:
I still doubt that cos it's not FC on INSPIRE 4G 4.2.2 ARMv7
what can you say to that? my observation tho

You said ARM7 nah... My ChaCha is ARM6. And did u just install and it worked? No files copying into root locations?
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by OmichaelO: 7:23am On Oct 29, 2013
ewizard1:

You said ARM7 nah... My ChaCha is ARM6. And did u just install and it worked? No files copying into root locations?
No mate, nothing was copied!!
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by olawumia(m): 7:27am On Oct 29, 2013
masterr.jarm:
if u re using 2g network switch to 3g

Am using 3g.
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by ewizard1: 8:06am On Oct 29, 2013
O.michael.O:
No mate, nothing was copied!!

NOTED! *thumbs*

1 Like

Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by ahonzi: 11:17am On Oct 29, 2013
O.michael.O:
who told you that? I upgraded a friend's HTC DESIRE AND G2 TO 4.2.2 and they are flexing bbm

in other words it changes everything

Hello pls I need to upgrade my htc desire z to jelly bean,can you help me?07032132882-whatsapp or email me ahonzy@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by cotzywitzy(m): 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
I have a Branded AT&T Samsung Captivate Glide... I have tried to Upgrade it from 2.3 to 4.0 but its not working out..I even tried it via Samsung Kies....Please Who can Help out...
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by bola4love: 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
am using sony xperia x10i with android 2.3, please how to upgrade to 4.1
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by kendallhart(m): 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
ogtavia: My sister uses Tecno P3 and it runs on Android 2.3.5 which i want to believe is d gingerbread OS..pls how can i help her install BBM and if its nt possible on her current OS,au can she upgrade to d OS that will run d app...tnks in anticipation of ur help.
BBM Works On Operatinq Systems Of 4.0 Upwards
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by PamelaGold1(f): 11:43pm On Oct 29, 2013
i have downloaded the bbm on my tecno l3 lolzzzzzzz grin cheesy but the annoying thing is that i cant seem to change my dp to my desired pix lipsrsealed
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by ewizard1: 5:48am On Oct 30, 2013
[size=15pt]A lot of peeps have been calling & chatting me up to Give them steps on how to Gain Root and Upgrade!

TAKE A MINUTE TO READ THIS!!!
First of a thing, i'll like you to know that messing with Android ain't for the faint hearted!!!
It requires you being careful, and also to think outta the box! Otherwise, you come out sweating with a BRICKED DEVICE in your hand! cry

Some peeps chat me u on Whatsapp to teach them how to Root and Upgrade their devices..
I'll ask, you got a PC, they'll say yes,
You got ADB (Android Debug Brigde) Setup? They;ll be like... "What is ADB?"

ADB is what makes your PC speaks and your Device listen, hear and respond!

So here it is.. HOW TO SETUP ANDROID ANDROID ADB & FASTBOOT ON WINDOWS
http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-set-up-android-adb-and-fastboot-on-windows-tutorial/

Just like the Devs on XDA would say - "I am not responsible for any bricked device & fried chips, use ur discretion!"

Follow the steps and you'll get it. When done! Kudos! You're ready to control THE GREEN ROBOT in your device!

Thank you![/size]

1 Like

Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by LEGEND7466(m): 10:45am On Oct 30, 2013
Pamela Gold: i have downloaded the bbm on my tecno l3 lolzzzzzzz grin cheesy but the annoying thing is that i cant seem to change my dp to my desired pix lipsrsealed
CLEAR THE CACHE OF THE BBM APP....AND TRY AGAIN. CACHE OH NOT DATA

1 Like

Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by Yungzed(m): 1:40pm On Oct 30, 2013
ββM ΔIΠ'T ωΩRKIΠG ΩΠ MΨ HTC MΨ TΩUCH 4G.......CΔΠ ΔΠΨΩΠΣ HΣLP?
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by ewizard1: 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
Yungzed: ββM ΔIΠ'T ωΩRKIΠG ΩΠ MΨ HTC MΨ TΩUCH 4G.......CΔΠ ΔΠΨΩΠΣ HΣLP?
Are you running 4.X ? What error do you get?
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by hyuga(m): 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2013
Yungzed: ββM ΔIΠ'T ωΩRKIΠG ΩΠ MΨ HTC MΨ TΩUCH 4G.......CΔΠ ΔΠΨΩΠΣ HΣLP?
u have to downgrade first and root. if u scared and stay close to alagbado area in Lagos, just hit me up.
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by PamelaGold1(f): 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2013
my tecno is now pinging tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue add guys 7c6220d8.................... abeg na fine guys i want o kiss if u are ugly abeg, na beg i dey beg u o, no just bother add, move on to d next page undecided
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by masterrjarm: 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
Pamela Gold: my tecno is now pinging tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue add guys 7c6220d8.................... abeg na fine guys i want o kiss if u are ugly abeg, na beg i dey beg u o, no just bother add, move on to d next page undecided
u dey test us grin
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by PamelaGold1(f): 3:47pm On Nov 02, 2013
masterr.jarm:
u dey test us grin
na the fact be that o
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by masterrjarm: 10:27am On Nov 04, 2013
i try using eroot to root a guys fone bt it didn't work....i jst waste money loan laptop angry
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 29, 2013
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by ewizard1: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2013
Efeskill: Yes it is now possible to install bbm on
your android 2.3 ( Ginger bread ) my
own android phone is 2.3 and am
enjoying my bbm too, you can follow me
on Instagram @ efeskill

Where? Lets see Screenshot of your Android OS and The BBM working: Not the Icon on ur fone oooo!
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by ibietela2(m): 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
What is with the hype over BBM
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by ibietela2(m): 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by Defaramade(m): 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
Pamela Gold: my tecno is now pinging tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue add guys 7c6220d8.................... abeg na fine guys i want o kiss if u are ugly abeg, na beg i dey beg u o, no just bother add, move on to d next page undecided
lolz
Re: BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone??? by austeenluv(m): 12:58am On Nov 30, 2013
Efeskill: Yes it is now possible to install bbm on
your android 2.3 ( Ginger bread ) my
own android phone is 2.3 and am
enjoying my bbm too, you can follow me
on Instagram @ efeskill
pls which of the websites did you obtained bbm that worked with android 2.3.6,pls guide us through so that we too can make use of bbm.anxiously awaiting your reply.thanz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nokia 3.1 Plus Vs Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 Speed Test Comparison (photos) / 24 Hrs Free Internet With Opera Mini.(not Cheat). / Before You Buy A Power Bank, Things You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.