Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland (22188 Views)

Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) / Pls I Need Advice On How To Go For My Marriage Introduction In Igboland / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by ROMENOUN: 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2013
good to hear
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by oduaboy1: 5:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
ezeagu: It won an Academy Award in the 50s.
You mean enugu academy award.

1 Like

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by CriminalIbos: 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
.....but where is cannibalism practice in that movie.!! Mccttcceww fake movie.!!!

1 Like

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Harmvirus(f): 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2013
Interesting
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by IGBOSON1: 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2013
odua boy: You mean enugu academy award.

^^^Don't understand your comment. You saying you don't believe Ezeagu?
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by FNG3: 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2013

8 Likes

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Paschal007: 7:26pm On Dec 20, 2013
Someone please tell mukina2 it's 'Igboland' not 'iboland'

6 Likes

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by SolidMoney: 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
Please mod change the 'Iboland' on the front page to Igboland.
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by htajz: 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
FNG3:

in 1950 the film won an oscar at the academy awards for best documentary film.it also received a BAFTA award for best documentary film. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daybreak_in_Udi

google is your friend.
impressive , this is the first time i am hearing about this movie.
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by boniflex(m): 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2013
GustavoFring:

So it's the british that made ibo people start kidnapping themselves?

Its the british that made ibo people peddle counterfeit goods and drugs to each other?

The british were truly wicked
id1ot son of a prost-itute, must u always show ur stupid tribalitic arrogant stinking behavior? I spit on u

3 Likes

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Ngbokwu: 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
Shame to the silly moderator who put up this thread on front page with Iboland instead of Igboland as posted by the originator.
Shameless mod.

3 Likes

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by ezeagu(m): 10:36pm On Dec 20, 2013
Paschal007: Someone please tell mukina2 it's 'Igboland' not 'iboland'

I'm starting to think this was done on purpose now.
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
@Mukina or @Seun . . . Whichever of you who moved this to the frontpage should rename it to Igboland, the Igbos have said they don't wanna be called Ibos but Igbo, you should respect yourselves and serve them well!

Do you know you can go to jail for ignoring them?
Trust me, If a serious Lawyer files this case, you are going to be receiving a court 'call up' for posting wrong information on an International forum.

And i'm sure if someone like my uncle gets to see this, that's what definately gonna happen!

Respect yourself, you are not the owner of Nairaland. It's Nigeria's

Thanks.

#TeamGOM

3 Likes

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 21, 2013
My personal opinion: Culture threads shouldn't be taken to the frontpage.

1 Like

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 21, 2013
Radoillo II: My personal opinion: Culture threads shouldn't be taken to the frontpage.
My Oppinion: This is the most ridiculous. and at the same time most selfish oppinion ever.

#TeamGOM

1 Like

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by odumchi: 12:51am On Dec 21, 2013
Radoillo II: My personal opinion: Culture threads shouldn't be taken to the frontpage.

Why not?

1 Like

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Nobody: 1:56am On Dec 21, 2013
odumchi:

Why not?

I've seen too many beautiful culture threads ruined by vulgar comments once they are put out there. Frontpage attracts more comments...most of which aren't worth the notifications, and are apparently intended to incite childish, uncultured squabbles.

I'm beginning to think we are better off keeping our (I'm a lover of the culture section) topics within our section, for culture lovers who visit the section.

Again, just my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by lilwheezy1(m): 3:02am On Dec 21, 2013
if you truly watch this video then tears should be in your eyes like its in mine now , look at the togetherness those villagers used to build the maternity home and the roads , where is the fruit of their labor , where is everything they've worked hard for , where is the mansion "Nigeria " that they were building the foundations then .... Obj , Atiku ,Gej and other fellow thieves have runned it down , its in their big stomachs and their bank account .... they have forgotten that if this ppl didn't work then , they will be nothing to "Chop " , they should even ask themselves ................... what will we leave for the upcoming generation , bunch of foolish old men

1 Like

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Kairoseki77: 4:34am On Dec 21, 2013
I hate the British even more after watching this!

Did you know that the colonial powers burned all of their official records during the independence struggles of the 1960's?

They didn't want us to learn of the evils they committed, so they burned it all.

Everywhere from Nigeria to India there were reports of the SKY TURNING BLACK because of the amount of documents being burned by the fleeing colonial government.

Disgusting! We should build a monument in Addis Ababa of a burning flame, to remember this final insult.

2 Likes

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 21, 2013
The Labor of our Heroes Past Should Never be in Vain.

Watch, Learn and know, that none of as ever worked this hard in unionism.
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by ROYALD(m): 7:22am On Dec 21, 2013
good one
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Ignatio(m): 8:25am On Dec 21, 2013
Let me watch first before commenting.
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by gbokukueba(m): 9:15am On Dec 21, 2013
Its funny that the same way and methid used in building a structure in 1949 is the same in 2013... my dear Nigeria
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Freewilly(f): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2013
Subscribe.
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by RandomAfricanAm: 1:28am On Dec 30, 2013
Well I guess there is nothing wrong with watching a British propaganda film or two every now and again undecided
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by FlintGuevara(m): 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2014
Wake up Mr. Man. We've allowed europeans to tell us much horse-sh.t about our selves! When would you and those who think like you wake up to the realities on ground?
odua boy: They forgot to add this part in the moviecheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by Seroautos: 4:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
learn more about fashion, style, how to makeup better, how to get rid of pimples, how to get rid of stretch marks, how to grow long dark shinning natural hair, how to get smooth and soft foot for your man or your woman,shop on konga.com and many more.
Do you want to have naturally pinky lips then visit www.ladieswinds.com

1 Like

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by davidif: 4:04am On Aug 20, 2014
odumchi: Interesting.

Uproot their authority.
Appoint a local representative.
Teach them our government style.
Teach them our language and culture.
Give Western education.
Make them compete amongst themselves.

Well just look at the effects of the British on this thread. Look at all the tribalist nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland by pashaun(f): 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2014
odumchi:
Interesting.

Uproot their authority.
Appoint a local representative.
Teach them our government style.
Teach them our language and culture.
Give Western education.
Make them compete amongst themselves.

The British were wicked.

After slavery ended in the States, Britain knew that they needed other countries to support multiple income streams, however one of their legislative decrees reprimanded slaves.

Britain also knew that a group whose livelihood depended on slave labour and the transaction sales would never welcome their new society due to them losing their economic footing. The spread of Islam is directly due to Britain giving Northerners new social classes and a political voice that didn't exist prior. This of which became a highly appreciated incentive within their newly reformed society.

Even in non-Muslim Northern areas, Britain turned locals who had no history of (powerful) leaders provincial chiefs. Local Emirs who went to spy in other non-Muslim areas were made Director Heads. Britain used their strength to build mosques, fund religious festivals, create Islamic schools, and put Muslims in top political positions.

Furthermore, the negative effects of the Great Depression were felt by the people in Northern Nigeria and it resulted in more people turning to Islam as they saw they saw the benefits of economic security. In barely over 100 years, the Hausas in Northern Nigeria went from 5% Muslim to over 85% after indirect rule. In 2014 this is at 95%+ minimum.The Hausa people "lost" their indigenous identity just as much as any other tribe in Nigeria, and again, this is directly related to British colonialism.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blood Disease ( Kokoro Inu Eje) / Beauty Of Somali Women / Emir Of Kano Celebrates 50yrs On The Throne (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.