Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Jonathan Wants Senate To Okay $200m World Bank Loan For Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Wants Senate To Okay $200m World Bank Loan For Lagos (2020 Views)

FEC Approves $200m Loan For Lagos / Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard / Senate To Suspend Two Senators Sworn In for Niger South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Wants Senate To Okay $200m World Bank Loan For Lagos by israel007: 8:19am On Oct 25, 2013
Why do I love GEJ so much. Hehehe
Re: Jonathan Wants Senate To Okay $200m World Bank Loan For Lagos by taharqa: 10:36am On Oct 25, 2013
taharqa:

The FG would spend an average of #1billion per Km on the Lagos-Ibadan Rd, similar to the initial amount of this Lekki-Epe Rd- both of which are still too Expensive relative to other Climes in the world (Nigeria usually has one of the most Expensive Road Construction Cost in the world, unfortunately).

BUT, apart from the HUMONGOUS Corruption involved in the Scheme that is Lekki-Epe Concessioning/unConcessioning, the LASG and Concessionaire would eventually spend bw #170-#180billion to construct a 49km road (ie at #3-#4billion per Km) ie 3 to 4 times what wud be spent on d already expensive Lagos-Ibadan Rd; and, to make matters worse, same Lagosians who having paid this UNBELIEVABLE sum to construct the road, would still have to pay through their noses for toll fees from at least 3 Toll Gates on that relatively short road!! And by the results of the Survey conducted by the 'former' Concessionaires, just ONE of these Toll booths would generate an average of #4.2billion Annually.

If your heart doesn't severely pricck you on reading all these regardless of what your persuasions are, then you may need a new heart afterall!!!
Am still expecting a response from @hercules on this comment that was a direct response to his...
Re: Jonathan Wants Senate To Okay $200m World Bank Loan For Lagos by adconline(m): 4:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
taharqa: Not just rewarded for FAILING at the Concession by been paid for nothing tru a dubious 'buy back policy' (when they shld be d ones paying d State), BUT d LASG wud even pay the DEBTS these Concessionaires incurred while failing at their job (even after these same Concessionaires collected Toll fees from Lagosians for 2 yrs). IMAGINE that!!! I have NEVER heard of such arrangement anywhere else in then world!! Whenever I just let myself think about d Depth and Brazenness of this Audacious Scheme perpetuated by a Govt, it is as though every atom of my being is set on fire; and what is worse, when I think of d 'CONSPIRACY OF SILENCE' and HYPOCRISY that have followed this by most Nigerians, esp d plenty Emergency 'Activists' and Voltrons who make lots of NOISE over far lesser Crime, I feel so SICK in the stomach...... If you wud hv noticed I hv barely commented on NL for about 2 days cos a MOD (or maybe MODS) CENSORED my comments on this topic by removing them on another thread that was talking about corruption and in which I had to insert this topic cos d MODS/Administrators have refused to bring any thread exposing this Fraud to the Frontpage (this is like d 8th thread talking about this and I can assure you it wud NEVER mk d FP). At that moment I realised I was been censored and my comments on this been removed, I honestly HATED NL and just cud not bring myself to comment on anything else since. This topic is where I had practicali commented on since yterday's night when I saw it...
Rogues are driving the state to perpetual indebtedness. NL is full of folks who are intellectually lazy or driven by religious and ethnic sound bites. How many of Nlers bothered reading when it made it to the front page. The exposé is full of technical detail and u would have to read it carefully or twice for an average mind to grasp how the state has been screwed financially in the next 30-50yrs
Re: Jonathan Wants Senate To Okay $200m World Bank Loan For Lagos by Ayekotoo(m): 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
taharqa:

The FG would spend an average of #1billion per Km on the Lagos-Ibadan Rd, similar to the initial amount of this Lekki-Epe Rd- both of which are still too Expensive relative to other Climes in the world (Nigeria usually has one of the most Expensive Road Construction Cost in the world, unfortunately).

BUT, apart from the HUMONGOUS Corruption involved in the Scheme that is Lekki-Epe Concessioning/unConcessioning, the LASG and Concessionaire would eventually spend bw #170-#180billion to construct a 49km road (ie at #3-#4billion per Km) ie 3 to 4 times what wud be spent on d already expensive Lagos-Ibadan Rd; and, to make matters worse, same Lagosians who having paid this UNBELIEVABLE sum to construct the road, would still have to pay through their noses for toll fees from at least 3 Toll Gates on that relatively short road!! And by the results of the Survey conducted by the 'former' Concessionaires, just ONE of these Toll booths would generate an average of #4.2billion Annually.

If your heart doesn't severely pricck you on reading all these regardless of what your persuasions are, then you may need a new heart afterall!!!
can the renovated Lagos/ibadan expressway be like the lekki/ epe expressway? this is the type of question we should be asking ourselves.
Re: Jonathan Wants Senate To Okay $200m World Bank Loan For Lagos by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
With all sincerity, this won't see the light of Frontpage, seems nairaland is being bought over gradually.
Re: Jonathan Wants Senate To Okay $200m World Bank Loan For Lagos by hercules07: 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
taharqa: Am still expecting a response from @hercules on this comment that was a direct response to his...

How many threads will one have to answer now, choose one thread and let us concentrate there, by the way, I am on a different time zone from you and I do not sit on Nairaland so my responses will be coming late. The FG is spending #1.67B (100Km Road) on the Lagos Ibadan Expressway, Fashola is spending #1.62B on the Lekki-Epe Expressway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: Ruled Over Out Fathers NOW Wants to Rule Over Us??? GODFORBID / The Best Kingdom Or Government That GOD’S Promised The World. / Fallout Of Secret Meeting With Pentecostal Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.