Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,850 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

3 Things You Love About Islam - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 3 Things You Love About Islam (16831 Views)

How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Things They Wont Tell You About Islam (infidel Christians, Atheists, Pagans Etc) / What Do You Love About Islam ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Derinsimiola: 9:36am On Oct 26, 2013
The uniqueness of islam : all muslims all over the world has only version of the holy qouran, all pray in the same way and face the same direction, all mandated to pray five times a day. ALAHU AKBAR!
The cleaniness promoted by islam:
all muslims are mandated to perform ablution before observing solat, clean up each time you urinate, mandated to not only clean up after intercourse but also perform a special purification even the sisters amongst would also do ds after their monthly period. ALAHU AKBAR!
The modesty promoted amongst muslim sisters: muslim sisters are to dress properly and even wear there hijab. ALAHU AKBAR!
I AM MOST OBLIGED TO BE A MUSLIM, THANK YOU ALLAH FOR AFFORDING ME THIS PRIVILEDGE

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by simpleseyi: 9:46am On Oct 26, 2013
ooshinibos:

oh please !!!

Since several catholic priests have confessed to being pedo-phile and homo-sexuals, can we then generalize that all Christains are pedo-phile and homo-sexuals? Definitely No, becos I know many christians that truly have Christ living in them and are true children of God.
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by simpleseyi: 9:55am On Oct 26, 2013
meteor: Additional 3 lovely things about Islam: 1 murdering & burning anybody who intentionally or by mistake tears a page of quran 2 jihadistically beheading anyone whose religious views are different from mine & 3 amputating a man's "punny" who looks at a woman lustfully. Oh I really really love Islam

The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life which is achieved by keeping God's commandments.
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by simpleseyi: 10:25am On Oct 26, 2013
pastor prosper :
I love Islam because at 65 most girls wouldn't desire me considering my age and poor financial status, but Islam has ensured that I still have hope, by allowing me d right to marry 13 year old girls. Wow even at 65 I still feel like a teenager. grin

If you are a catholic, then you can enjoy much more goodies. As a man, you can sleep with little boys and still be an ordained priest.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by mukty12: 10:51am On Oct 26, 2013
Alhamdulilahi ya Allah 4 given us oppturnity 2 be born as muslims.ya Allah may u lead our heart 2 the righteous practise of lslam and fellow example of prohphat mohammed (s w a) may u take of life as mumin i love islam

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Derinsimiola: 11:14am On Oct 26, 2013
simpleseyi:

If you are a catholic, then you can enjoy much more goodies. As a man, you can sleep with little boys and still be an ordained priest.
ON POINT OOOOOO
u wldn need to be afforded the opportunity of having 13 yrs old years because you can claim holy holy but sexually abuse little boys in ur care. WOULD IT BE RIGHT TO SAY YOUR RELIGION AFFORDED YOU THAT OPPORTUNITY?
People should learn to reason well that irrespective of religion there is always some black sheeps to all, so you dont go about generalizing all or attributing an act of some people in a religion to all
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Derinsimiola: 11:21am On Oct 26, 2013
simpleseyi:

Shame on your forefathers. Stop insulting other people's religion, I don't take it lightly.

this thread is not meant for christains or non believers in islam. So keep ur insults to ur self and leave muslims alone n hold tight to ur believe, the end shall surely justify the means

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by guiddoti: 11:48am On Oct 26, 2013
There is a singular reason why I love islam, particularly the women covering their nakeness. I hope those islamic women wearing bum short aren't islam but pagan. Even Christianity calls them end-time children
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by guiddoti: 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Do you mean it. I'm hearing this for the very first time.when one senator did such a thing, I was surprised. I pause here.
De Beauvoir:

You are not ashamed of yorself, you actually came to justify the marriage of a 53 year old man to a 9 year old girl just because your prophet did it.
And please, spare me the lie that Aisha had attained puberty when the marriage was consummated. That is just a fabrication of your modern day scholars that are trying to protect Islam from having a bad reputation.
It wasn't possible for a 9 year old that lived in Mecca more than one millenium ago to attain puberty at 9years of age. Even if she had attained puberty (which she hadn't), can you tell me how a 9 year old child that is very mentally immature is supposed to handle the complications of marital life? Is it possible for a 9 year old to have the intelligence and experience that is necessary for her to be good wife and mother?
Health complications that result from early marriage in the Middle East and North Africa include the risk of operative delivery, low weight and malnutrition resulting from frequent pregnancies and lactation in the period of life when the young mothers are themselves still growing.
Early pregnancy can have harmful consequences for both young mothers and their babies. According to UNICEF, no girl should become pregnant before the age of 18 because she is not yet physically ready to bear children. Babies of mothers younger than 18 tend to be born premature and have low body weight; such babies are more likely to die in the first year of life. The risk to the young mother’s own health is also greater.
Also the marriage contract between Muhammed and Aisha was arranged when she was 6; when she was still a baby that could not even give her opinion on the matter.

This is the verse of the Qur'an and accompanying hadith that speak of men divorcing underage children;
Surah At-Talaq (65:4): And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the 'Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubts (about their periods), is three months, and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death]. And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is until they deliver (their burdens), and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him.

Tafsir/explanation of that verse that supports my point;
Tafsir Ibn Kathir;
Allah the Exalted clarifies the waiting period of the woman in menopause. And that is the one whose menstruation has stopped due to her older age. Her `Iddah is three months instead of the three monthly cycles for those who menstruate, which is based upon the Ayah in (Surat) Al-Baqarah. [see 2:228] The same for the young, who have not reached the years of menstruation. Their `Iddah is three months like those in menopause.

Hadith that talks about the verse and confirms that it is referring to immature children;
Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 63: Narrated Sahl bin Sad: While we were sitting in the company of the Prophet a woman came to him and presented herself (for marriage) to him. The Prophet looked at her, lowering his eyes and raising them, but did not give a reply. One of his companions said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have got nothing." The Prophet said, "Not even an iron ring?" He Sad, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into two halves and give her one half and keep the other half." The Prophet; said, "No. Do you know some of the Quran (by heart)?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I have agreed to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her Mahr)." 'And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature). (Qur'an 65.4) And the 'Iddat [waiting period before remarriage] for the girl before puberty is three months (in the above Verse). [The last lines are what the man knows of the Quran.]
Ar
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by guiddoti: 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2013
I'm writing in pseudo code algorithm, a computer language. Laughing in hebrew
Derinsimiola: The uniqueness of islam : all muslims all over the world has only version of the holy qouran, all pray in the same way and face the same direction, all mandated to pray five times a day. ALAHU AKBAR!
The cleaniness promoted by islam:
all muslims are mandated to perform ablution before observing solat, clean up each time you urinate, mandated to not only clean up after intercourse but also perform a special purification even the sisters amongst would also do ds after their monthly period. ALAHU AKBAR!
The modesty promoted amongst muslim sisters: muslim sisters are to dress properly and even wear there hijab. ALAHU AKBAR!
I AM MOST OBLIGED TO BE A MUSLIM, THANK YOU ALLAH FOR AFFORDING ME THIS PRIVILEDGE
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by golpen(m): 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
I was listening to a lecture and a christian woman was quoted to have highlighted some 8 virtues of islam, which if just one is found in any other religion, the adherents of that religion would have had it easy to stab islam. She mentions;

1. The Qur'an: no two versions of it. A scripture that perfectly engolves the lives of muslims, blending with their past, present and future.

2. The Qibla: that one direction muslims face to observe their prayers and supplications to their LORD.

3. The Jumu'ah: weekly special congregational prayer of the muslims.

4. The Greetings: it is "salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah, wa barkatuhu" all over the muslim world. Reply always "wa alaykum salaam..."

5. The Eid: the two annual festivals granted unto muslims, whereby they gather in the totality of their massive strength praising ALLAH and supplicating to HIM.

6. The Mosque: the place where muslims worship and home for every muslim no matter the tribe, race or sect.

7.The month of Ramadan: definitely the atmosphere of the sacred month is felt even by the non-muslims. Imagine ALLAH has bestowed on muslims, in that month, a night which is of more merit than a thousand months. #youknowwhatitis mehn...

8. The Hajj: the world has never been able to gather that much population on any event. A ground where ALLAH is verily happy with HIS creations, forgives them completely and provides for their needs.

Eight is complete, according to the woman, but I think there's more and more to love about islam. Can we muslims ever want to stop thanking ALLAH, the lord of the worlds, for gifting us with the blessings of al-islam?

3 Likes

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by xclusive43(m): 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
De Beauvoir: ^^^
What point are you trying to make exactly? I showed you verses that prove that marrying girls who have not attained puberty is an Islamic thing and you reply with a completely unrelated epistle on how there is nothing wrong with marrying off 9year olds that have attained puberty.
So xclusive43 what is the summary of what you typed? Are you saying there is nothing Islamically wrong with marrying prepubescent kids? Because it is in your quran and hadith.

Am trying to clarify all the misinterpretations u did...... So far a girl has reached the age of puberty... She's fit for marriage.... Islamically...
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
xclusive43:

Am trying to clarify all the misinterpretations u did...... So far a girl has reached the age of puberty... She's fit for marriage.... Islamically...

Sick......
Immature 11/14 year olds are fit for marriage?
When their minds and bodies are still underdeveloped?

Anyway, I wasn't talking about children that have attained ppuberty, stop changing the subject.

WHAT ABOUT THE VERSE OF THE QURAN I SHOWED YOU THAT GIVES DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO DIVORCE CHILDREN THAT HAVE NOT REACHED PUBERTY?
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
guiddoti: Do you mean it. I'm hearing this for the very first time.when one senator did such a thing, I was surprised. I pause here. Ar

I mean it o!

The men are allowed to marry girls that have not even attained puberty, we're talking kids below 12 years of age here.

I don't understand why this religion treats women this way, why the woman hate for heaven's sake? A small girl of below 12 years that has no sense to even know right from wrong can be married off and even divorced in Islam.
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by xclusive43(m): 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Sick......

Anyway, I wasn't talking about children that have attained ppuberty, stop changing the subject.

WHAT ABOUT THE VERSE OF THE QURAN I SHOWED YOU THAT GIVES DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO DIVORCE CHILDREN THAT HAVE NOT REACHED PUBERTY?
What you don't understand is the Islam allows marriage when the woman reaches the age of puberty... Quote the verse you talking abt

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by xclusive43(m): 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Sick......

What you don't understand is the Islam allows marriage when the woman reaches the age of puberty... Quote the verse you talking abt.. I wasn't changing the subject. I was talking to someone when you intervened...
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by sim99: 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
yunglykmine: One thing I love about Islam:
The Unity in Islam.

But the terrorism associated with that religion... God have mercy. lipsrsealed
You mean the the terrorism associated with 'that' religion, orchestrated maliciously and surreptitiously esp by its numerous enemies, uhn?
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
xclusive43:
What you don't understand is the Islam allows marriage when the woman reaches the age of puberty... Quote the verse you talking abt.. I wasn't changing the subject. I was talking to someone when you intervened...

Which someone were you talking to?
You quoted my post and wrote a very long epistle about how marrying off small girls is ok in Islam as long as they've had their first period.
You quoted me, not someone else so I replied your post, I was not intervening in anything. Please try to keep track of what you are doing.

I have already posted the Quranic verse, the Tafsir of that verse and even a related Hadith of the same verse on this thread and you have quoted and replied the post where I posted the verse so why are you asking me to quote the verse again?
Do you have attention deficit disorder or something?

This is the link to the post where I quoted the verse:
www.nairaland.com/1491813/3-things-love-islam/8#19094348
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by xclusive43(m): 9:59am On Oct 27, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Which someone were you talking to?
You quoted my post and wrote a very long epistle about how marrying off small girls is ok in Islam as long as they've had their first period.
You quoted me, not someone else so I replied your post, I was not intervening in anything. Please try to keep track of what you are doing.

I have already posted the Quranic verse, the Tafsir of that verse and even a related Hadith of the same verse on this thread and you have quoted and replied the post where I posted the verse so why are you asking me to quote the verse again?
Do you have attention deficit disorder or something?

This is the link to the post where I quoted the verse:
www.nairaland.com/1491813/3-things-love-islam/8#19094348

I was not talkin to u initially.... I qouted
jonniegill: Cos you can marry a 12yr old
and divorce her at 17 after VVF and
replace with another 12yr old. (2) Cos its
a religion of peace if U̶̲̥̅̊ r in doubt ask
those who live in.(1) Irag. (2) Afghanistan.
(3) Pakistan (4) Egypt (5) palestine (6)Syria
(7) Libya ( Borno (9) Yobe (10) Kano

And replyed him
Islam allows you to marry any girl which as
attained the age of puberty.... So we don't
call that underage.....
Islam doesn't allow indiscriminate divorce....
B4 a man divorces a woman he must follow
some certain rules and stages which are up
to 5 stages.... nd by d way I stay at kano..

Then qouted the above.... He was to qoute what i said nt you.... Wen u qouted what i said then i replied...

YOU SHOULD KEEP TRACK OF WAT U DOIN... its isin't you forum so get the hell out... Its also not a debating forum......

And the verses you qouted.... Does not explain underage divorce.... It says IDDAH... Iddiah is the waiting period of a woman after shes divorced NOT UNDERAGE PLEASE.... SPARE ME UR MISINTERPRETATIONS....... AM done talking to u here...
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by xclusive43(m): 10:11am On Oct 27, 2013
The meaning of Iddah in Islam
‘Iddah is a period in which a woman waits
after the death of her husband or divorce, and
she is not allowed to marry during this period.
The Muslim jurists have unanimously agreed on
it as being waajib (obligatory) due to the
explicitness of the Qur’anic injuction whereby
Allah says: “The divorced women shall wait
concerning themselves for three monthly
periods.”

There are three types of ‘Iddah:

The first type of ‘Iddah is that of birth. That
is, a woman must wait until she delivers her
child before she can remarry. A common
erroneous idea among people is that a
pregnant woman cannot be divorced. This is
not the case at all. Rather there is a consensus
on this point among the scholars, and that this
is a Sunnah divorce and heresy (bid’ah). There
is no dispute regarding its validity.
The second type of ‘Iddah is the ‘Iddah of
menses. This means a woman is not allowed to
marry until she has three menstruations. As
soon as the third period ends, ‘Iddah ends.
This is the view of many of the elite
companions such as ‘Umar, ‘Ali and ibn
Masu’d, and it was narrated by ibn al-Qayyim.
This is also the view by the majority of
contemporary scholars such as ibn Baaz and
‘Uthaymeen.
The third type of waiting period is the ‘Iddah
of months. This applies to women who have
passed the age of menstruation. The ‘Iddah in
this case is three months. As for a woman who
is divorced by her husband before he has
consummated his marriage with her, then
there is no waiting period that applies to her
based on verse number 49 from Surat Al-
Ahzaab (33).
The woman whose husband has divorced her
once or twice is instructed to spend her ‘Iddah
duration within her husband’s house.
Any woman who leaves her home without the
permission of her husband after he has uttered
either the first or second divorce is in violation
of the injunctions of Allah and His Messenger.
A woman whose divorce is revocable (i.e. first
divorce or second divorce) may still uncover in
front of her husband and adorn herself by
applying make-up and perfume. She may speak
to him and he may speak to her; she may sit
with him and do anything with him apart from
intercourse. The only instance in which he may
have sexual relations with her is if he takes
her back. If the husband kisses and embraces
his wife with the intention of taking her back,
then that taking back is valid. To be on the
safe side however, he should not handle with
his wife until after he has clearly stated that
he is taking her back.
In the case were a husband is not sure as to
whether he uttered the word of divorce at all,
or as to the number of divorces he has
uttered, then he should act on the basis of
what is certain. So if he is not sure whether he
has divorced her or not, the basic principle is
that divorce has not taken place, because in
this instance marriage is something which is
certain, and divorce is something concerning
which there is uncertainty. Based on the
juristic principle that certainty cannot be
overridden by doubt, if the husband is
uncertain as to whether he has divorced his
wife once or twice, he should assume that he
has divorced her once, because this is what is
certain.

CLEARED..... AS I SAID AM DONE TALKING TO U
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Msgamble: 10:25am On Oct 27, 2013
lanrexlan: Stop smoking weeds from graveyard,they are too conc. for your health.
thank u towel-head, i think ur terrorist bro 4 al qaeda,al shabab etc we valued ur advices more..i need u to prove my submission abt ur 'arab faith' wrong nt hiding my comment just show how tolerating n discriminatory ur 'arab faith' can be..confused ppl(arab slaves) following questionable character leader(as druze,ahmadis n others questioned his prophethood)
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 27, 2013
xclusive43:
And the verses you qouted.... Does not explain underage divorce.... It says IDDAH... Iddiah is the waiting period of a woman after shes divorced NOT UNDERAGE PLEASE.... SPARE ME UR MISINTERPRETATIONS....... AM done talking to u here...

There were no misinterpretations in what I wrote,
The Surah where the verse was gotten from id Suratul Talaq which deals with the processes involved in carrying out a divorce and one of such processes is the Iddah or waiting period for a woman who has been divorced.
The Iddah that was outlined in Suratul Talaq explains how three types of divorced women should perform their Iddah.

Surah At-Talaq (65:4): And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the 'Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubts (about their periods), is three months, and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death]. And for those who are pregnant (whether they are divorced or their husbands are dead), their 'Iddah (prescribed period) is until they deliver (their burdens), and whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make his matter easy for him.

Look at the bold of that verse, it says 'for those who have no courses, that means it is referring to the people who do not have menstrual courses implying young immature girls, why are you changing the interpretation of the verse to mean something else? Even the most renowned Tafsir Author in Islam; Ibn Kathir interpreted that verse and said the Iddah period in that verse is talking about immature girls that have not attained puberty.
Other renowned tafsir authors interpreted the verse to mean that the Iddah is talking about children that have not began to menstruate;

Tafsir Ibn Kathir;
Allah the Exalted clarifies the waiting period of the woman in menopause. And that is the one whose menstruation has stopped due to her older age. Her `Iddah is three months instead of the three monthly cycles for those who menstruate, which is based upon the Ayah in (Surat) Al-Baqarah. [see 2:228] The same for the young, [size=14pt]who have not reached the years of menstruation[/size]. Their `Iddah is three months like those in menopause.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
And [as for] those of your women who (read allā’ī or allā’i in both instances) no longer expect to menstruate, if you have any doubts, about their waiting period, their prescribed [waiting] period shall be three months, and [also for] those who have not yet menstruated, because of their young age, their period shall [also] be three months — both cases apply to other than those whose spouses have died; for these [latter] their period is prescribed in the verse: they shall wait by themselves for four months and ten [days] [Q. 2:234].

Tanwîr al-Miqbâs min Tafsîr Ibn ‘Abbâs
(And for such of your women as despair of menstruation) because of old age, (if ye doubt) about their waiting period, (their period (of waiting) shall be three months) upon which another man asked: “O Messenger of Allah! What about the waiting period of those who do not have menstruation because they are too young?” (along with those who have it not) because of young age, their waiting period is three months.

Tafsir al-Kabir by Ar-Razi
{and those who have not menstruated yet} A man stood and asked: ‘O messenger of Allah, what is the period (Iddah) of the young girl who has not yet menstruated?’ Then Allah revealed {and those who have not menstruated yet}, meaning that her Iddah is like the old-aged woman who reached her menopause.

Tafsir Al-Qurtubi
{and those who have not menstruated yet} Meaning the young girl.(*) (Arabic Source; translation by Mutee’a Al-Fadi)
[Note: * Here “young” (as-sagheerah) denotes a girl who did not reach the age of puberty yet.]

Tafsir al-Qur'an by Al-Fayrooz Abadi
{and those who have not menstruated yet} Those who did not menstruate due to their young age. (Arabic Source; translation by M. Al-Fadi)

xclusive43: The second type of ‘Iddah is the ‘Iddah of menses. This means a woman is not allowed to
marry until she has three menstruations. As soon as the third period ends, ‘Iddah ends.
This only applies to women who have begun to menstruate. Read your Quran and Tafsir, there are also directions given in the Quran and Tafsir for girls that have not started to menstruate.
I can understand that your Modern scholars would be too embarrased to admit that Allah gave Muslim men directions fro divorcing little girls so they omit the iddah for immature girls when they are talking about types of Iddah. I can perfectly understand why they would omit it; it is a shameful thing to admit that you worship a god that sanctions marriage to little children.
However, no matter how many times they omit the iddah for immature girls from their explanations, the fact remains that Allah has already outlined it in the quran, it is already written there for everyone to see, your renowned tafsir scholars who lives closer to the time of the Prophet agree with me, there is even a sound/sahih hadith that also agrees with me.

This is a Sahih Bukhari Hadith that butresses my point;
Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 63: Narrated Sahl bin Sad: While we were sitting in the company of the Prophet a woman came to him and presented herself (for marriage) to him. The Prophet looked at her, lowering his eyes and raising them, but did not give a reply. One of his companions said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have got nothing." The Prophet said, "Not even an iron ring?" He Sad, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into two halves and give her one half and keep the other half." The Prophet; said, "No. Do you know some of the Quran (by heart)?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I have agreed to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her Mahr)." 'And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature). (Qur'an 65.4) And the 'Iddat [waiting period before remarriage] for the girl before puberty is three months

Keep lying to yourself all you want, The Iddah laws of immature girls is clearly written down in your Quran for the child lovers to educate themselves.
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by xclusive43(m): 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
De Beauvoir:

There were no misinterpretations in what I wrote,
The Surah where the verse was gotten from id Suratul Talaq which deals with the processes involved in carrying out a divorce and one of such processes is the Iddah or waiting period for a woman who has been divorced.
The Iddah that was outlined in Suratul Talaq explains how three types of divorced women should perform their Iddah.

Look at the bold of that verse, it says 'for those who have no courses, that means it is referring to the people who do not have menstrual courses implying young immature girls, why are you changing the interpretation of the verse to mean something else? Even the most renowned Tafsir Author in Islam; Ibn Kathir interpreted that verse and said the Iddah period in that verse is talking about immature girls that have not attained puberty.
Other renowned tafsir authors interpreted the verse to mean that the Iddah is talking about children that have not began to menstruate;

Tafsir Ibn Kathir;
Allah the Exalted clarifies the waiting period of the woman in menopause. And that is the one whose menstruation has stopped due to her older age. Her `Iddah is three months instead of the three monthly cycles for those who menstruate, which is based upon the Ayah in (Surat) Al-Baqarah. [see 2:228] The same for the young, [size=14pt]who have not reached the years of menstruation[/size]. Their `Iddah is three months like those in menopause.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn
And [as for] those of your women who (read allā’ī or allā’i in both instances) no longer expect to menstruate, if you have any doubts, about their waiting period, their prescribed [waiting] period shall be three months, and [also for] those who have not yet menstruated, because of their young age, their period shall [also] be three months — both cases apply to other than those whose spouses have died; for these [latter] their period is prescribed in the verse: they shall wait by themselves for four months and ten [days] [Q. 2:234].

(And for such of your women as despair of menstruation) because of old age, (if ye doubt) about their waiting period, (their period (of waiting) shall be three months) upon which another man asked: “O Messenger of Allah! What about the waiting period of those who do not have menstruation because they are too young?” (along with those who have it not) because of young age, their waiting period is three months.

Tafsir al-Kabir by Ar-Razi
{and those who have not menstruated yet} A man stood and asked: ‘O messenger of Allah, what is the period (Iddah) of the young girl who has not yet menstruated?’ Then Allah revealed {and those who have not menstruated yet}, meaning that her Iddah is like the old-aged woman who reached her menopause.

Tafsir Al-Qurtubi
{and those who have not menstruated yet} Meaning the young girl.(*) (Arabic Source; translation by Mutee’a Al-Fadi)
[Note: * Here “young” (as-sagheerah) denotes a girl who did not reach the age of puberty yet.]

Tafsir al-Qur'an by Al-Fayrooz Abadi
{and those who have not menstruated yet} Those who did not menstruate due to their young age. (Arabic Source; translation by M. Al-Fadi)

This only applies to women who have begun to menstruate. Read your Quran and Tafsir, there are also directions given in the Quran and Tafsir for girls that have not started to menstruate.
I can understand that your Modern scholars would be too embarrased to admit that Allah gave Muslim men directions fro divorcing little girls so they omit the iddah for immature girls when they are talking about types of Iddah. I can perfectly understand why they would omit it; it is a shameful thing to admit that you worship a god that sanctions marriage to little children.
However, no matter how many times they omit the iddah for immature girls from their explanations, the fact remains that Allah has already outlined it in the quran, it is already written there for everyone to see, your renowned tafsir scholars who lives closer to the time of the Prophet agree with me, there is even a sound/sahih hadith that also agrees with me.

This is a Sahih Bukhari Hadith that butresses my point;
Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 63: Narrated Sahl bin Sad: While we were sitting in the company of the Prophet a woman came to him and presented herself (for marriage) to him. The Prophet looked at her, lowering his eyes and raising them, but did not give a reply. One of his companions said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have got nothing." The Prophet said, "Not even an iron ring?" He Sad, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into two halves and give her one half and keep the other half." The Prophet; said, "No. Do you know some of the Quran (by heart)?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I have agreed to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her Mahr)." 'And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature). (Qur'an 65.4) And the 'Iddat [waiting period before remarriage] for the girl before puberty is three months

Keep lying to yourself all you want, The Iddah laws of immature girls is clearly written down in your Quran for the child lovers to educate themselves.

65:4 Such of your women as have passed the
age of monthly courses, for them the
prescribed period, if he have any doubts is
three months, and for those who have no
courses (it is the same) : for those who carry
(life within their wombs), their period is until
they deliver their burdens: and for those who
fear Allah, He will make their path easy.

it doesn't necessarily have to
mean that the woman was a young girl. It is
clearly talking about the wife not having her
period yet when the divorce happened.
Women on average have 10 days of
menstruation each month.

those
ﻢﻟ
Did not
ﻦﻀﺤﻳ
have their periods
ﻦﻬﺗﺪﻌﻓ
so their waiting time
ﺔﺛﻼﺛ
Three
ﺮﻬﺷﺃ
Months
So it is referring to those who do not have
their period, it does not mention kids or
young girls. As i said it is referring to those
who have not had their period yet, or those
after puberty who still have not had a
menstruation cycle even after reaching age of
puberty. To say it is referring to pre-
pubescent girls is incorrect, whether it is you
saying it or any writer of tafsir. It is simply
inserting something into the text which is not
there, making that which is plain and clear
more confusing

As respected as they may be, anyone can make
mistakes.
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by joleram(m): 5:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
hok4u:

what is this one saying ?

why cant you provide prove? Islam......blood thirsting religiou......boko boko haram

1 Like

Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
xclusive43: 65:4 Such of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the prescribed period, if he have any doubts is three months, and for those who have no courses (it is the same) : for those who carry (life within their wombs), their period is until they deliver their burdens: and for those who fear Allah, He will make their path easy. it doesn't necessarily have to mean that the woman was a young girl. It is clearly talking about the wife not having her period yet when the divorce happened. Women on average have 10 days of
menstruation each month.
thoseﻢﻟDid notﻦﻀﺤﻳhave their periodsﻦﻬﺗﺪﻌﻓso their waiting timeﺔﺛﻼﺛThreeﺮﻬﺷﺃMonths[b]So it is referring to those who do not have their period, it does not mention kids or young girls. As i said it is referring to those who have not had their period yet, or those after puberty who still have not had a menstruation cycle even after reaching age of puberty. To say it is referring to pre- pubescent girls is incorrect, whether it is you
saying it or any writer of tafsir. It is simply inserting something into the text which is notthere, making that which is plain and clear more confusing[/b]

The problem with your explanation is that you are trying to change the grammatical meaning of the phrase in the quran to mean "those who are not menstruating".
The verse says "those who do not have courses" ie those who do not menstruate. If it was talking about adult women who are currently not on their courses, the grammatical phrasing would be "those who are not menstruating".

Let me give you more reason why I told you the verse is talking about children.
That verse came about because a man had gone to Muhammed to complain that there was no prescribed Iddah for young girls had not started to menstruate. Iddah had originally been prescrribed in Suratul Baqarah verse 234 before the verse in suratul Talaq was revealed, but the Iddah of Suratul Baqarah was only talking about mature women who were not pregnant.
Al Baqarah 2:234: If any of you die and leave widows behind, they shall wait concerning themselves four months and ten days: When they have fulfilled their term, there is no blame on you if they dispose of themselves in a just and reasonable manner. And Allah is well acquainted with what ye do. (Yusuf Ali)

After the man complained to the prophet, the verse prescribing Iddah for immature girls was then revealed;

Ubay bin Ka`b said, "O Allah's Messenger! Some women were not mentioned in the Qur'an, the young, the old and the pregnant.'' Allah the Exalted and Most Honored sent down this Ayah,

"(Those in menopause among your women, for them the `Iddah, if you have doubt, is three months; and for those who have no courses. And for those who are pregnant, their `Iddah is until they lay down their burden.) Ibn Abi Hatim recorded a simpler narration than this one from Ubay bin Ka`b who said, "O Allah's Messenger! When the Ayah in Surat Al-Baqarah was revealed prescribing the `Iddah of divorce, some people in Al-Madinah said, `There are still some women whose `Iddah has not been mentioned in the Qur'an. There are the young, the old whose menstruation is discontinued, and the pregnant.' Later on, this Ayah was revealed,
"(Those in menopause among your women, for them the `Iddah, if you have doubt, is three months; and for those who have no courses.)''

The Iddah for menstruating women and non menstruating mature women had already been given in Suratul Baqarah verse 234, so the Iddah that was mentioned in Suratul Talaq was the one for the pregnant, menopausal and immature.

xclusive43: As respected as they may be, anyone can make mistakes
Ibn Kathir is not only respected, he is the most respected Tafsir translator of the Quran. Even if you want to disregard Ibn Kathir's translation then what about the other Sahih Hadith I showed you that confirmed what I said?
Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 63: Narrated Sahl bin Sad: While we were sitting in the company of the Prophet a woman came to him and presented herself (for marriage) to him. The Prophet looked at her, lowering his eyes and raising them, but did not give a reply. One of his companions said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have got nothing." The Prophet said, "Not even an iron ring?" He Sad, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into two halves and give her one half and keep the other half." The Prophet; said, "No. Do you know some of the Quran (by heart)?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I have agreed to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her Mahr)." 'And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature). (Qur'an 65.4) And the 'Iddat for the girl before puberty is three months

Should we also disregard this hadith because you don't like the message the Hadith carries?
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by critique101(f): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
grin Is it True that Mohammed married 25 wives n told muslims to Marry only 4? The man Sabi better

An all u hypocrites talking about priests abusing Kids. It is a sin. You can never Hear of a priest boasting of molesting a child. But muslim terrorists quote Koran and confidently say they are doing Jihad for Allah. Heard a saudi sheik or so waseven confidently describing d virgins in Paradise like say he don see am.

How can someone kill another because he wants to knack heavenly akpako? undecided
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by xclusive43(m): 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2013
De Beauvoir:

The problem with your explanation is that you are trying to change the grammatical meaning of the phrase in the quran to mean "those who are not menstruating".
The verse says "those who do not have courses" ie those who do not menstruate. If it was talking about adult women who are currently not on their courses, the grammatical phrasing would be "those who are not menstruating".

That verse came about because a man had gone to Muhammed to complain that there was no prescribed Iddah for young girls had not started to menstruate. Iddah had originally been prescrribed in Suratul Baqarah verse 234 before the verse in suratul Talaq was revealed, but the Iddah of Suratul Baqarah was only talking about mature women who were not pregnant.
Al Baqarah 2:234: If any of you die and leave widows behind, they shall wait concerning themselves four months and ten days: When they have fulfilled their term, there is no blame on you if they dispose of themselves in a just and reasonable manner. And Allah is well acquainted with what ye do. (Yusuf Ali)

After the man complained to the prophet, the verse prescribing Iddah for immature girls was then revealed;

Ubay bin Ka`b said, "O Allah's Messenger! Some women were not mentioned in the Qur'an, the young, the old and the pregnant.'' Allah the Exalted and Most Honored sent down this Ayah,

"(Those in menopause among your women, for them the `Iddah, if you have doubt, is three months; and for those who have no courses. And for those who are pregnant, their `Iddah is until they lay down their burden.) Ibn Abi Hatim recorded a simpler narration than this one from Ubay bin Ka`b who said, "O Allah's Messenger! When the Ayah in Surat Al-Baqarah was revealed prescribing the `Iddah of divorce, some people in Al-Madinah said, `There are still some women whose `Iddah has not been mentioned in the Qur'an. There are the young, the old whose menstruation is discontinued, and the pregnant.' Later on, this Ayah was revealed,
"(Those in menopause among your women, for them the `Iddah, if you have doubt, is three months; and for those who have no courses.)''

The Iddah for menstruating women and non menstruating mature women had already been given in Suratul Baqarah verse 234, so the Iddah that was mentioned in Suratul Talaq was the one for the pregnant, menopausal and immature.

Ibn Kathir is not only respected, he is the most respected Tafsir translator of the Quran. Even if you want to disregard Ibn Kathir's translation then what about the other Sahih Hadith I showed you that confirmed what I said?
Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 63: Narrated Sahl bin Sad: While we were sitting in the company of the Prophet a woman came to him and presented herself (for marriage) to him. The Prophet looked at her, lowering his eyes and raising them, but did not give a reply. One of his companions said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have got nothing." The Prophet said, "Not even an iron ring?" He Sad, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into two halves and give her one half and keep the other half." The Prophet; said, "No. Do you know some of the Quran (by heart)?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I have agreed to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her Mahr)." 'And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature). (Qur'an 65.4) And the 'Iddat for the girl before puberty is three months

Should we also disregard this hadith because you don't like the message the Hadith carries?

Am not trying to change any meaning... As I said earlier.

[065:001] O Prophet! When ye do divorce
women, divorce them at their prescribed
periods, and count (accurately), their
prescribed periods: And fear God your Lord:
and turn them not out of their houses, nor
shall they (themselves) leave, except in case
they are guilty of some open lewdness, those
are limits set by God: and any who
transgresses the limits of God, does verily
wrong his (own) soul: thou knowest not if
perchance God will bring about thereafter
some new situation.
Arabic (from right to left):
65:1 ﻕﻼﻄﻟﺍ ﺓﺭﻮﺳ ﻢﺴﺑ ﻪﻠﻟﺍ ﻦﻤﺣﺮﻟﺍ ﻢﻴﺣﺮﻟﺍ ــــٛ
ﻲﺒﻨﻟﺍ ﺎﻬﻳﺍﺎﻳ ﻢﺘﻘﻠﻃ ﺍﺫﺍ ﺀﺎﺴﻨﻟﺍ ﻦﻫﻮﻘﻠﻄﻓ ﻦﻬﺗﺪﻌﻟ
ﺓﺪﻌﻟﺍ ﺍﻮﺼﺣﺍﻭ ﺍﻮﻘﺗﺍﻭ ﻪﻠﻟﺍ ﻦﻫﻮﺟﺮﺨﺗﻻ ﻢﻜﺑﺭ ﻦﻣ
ﻦﻬﺗﻮﻴﺑ ﻻﺍ ﻦﺟﺮﺨﻳﻻﻭ ﻥﺍ ﻦﻴﺗﺎﻳ ﺔﺸﺣﺎﻔﺑ ﺔﻨﻴﺒﻣ ﻚﻠﺗﻭ
ﺩﻭﺪﺣ ﻪﻠﻟﺍ ﻦﻣﻭ ﺪﻌﺘﻳ ﺩﻭﺪﺣ ﻪﻠﻟﺍ ﺪﻘﻓ ﻢﻠﻇ ﻪﺴﻔﻧ
ﻱﺭﺪﺗﻻ ﻞﻌﻟ ﻪﻠﻟﺍ ﺙﺪﺤﻳ ﺪﻌﺑ ﻚﻟﺫ ﺍﺮﻣﺍ
Noble Verse(s) 65:4
Yusuf Ali:
[065:004] Such of your women as have
passed the age of monthly courses, for them
the prescribed period, if ye have any
doubts, is three months, and for those who
have no courses (it is the same): for those
who carry (life within their wombs), their
period is until they deliver their burdens:
and for those who fear God, He will make
their path easy.
Arabic (from right to left):
65:4 ﻲﺋﻼﻟﺍﻭ ﻦﺴﺌﻳ ﻦﻣ ﺾﻴﺤﻤﻟﺍ ﻦﻣ ﻢﻜﺋﺎﺴﻧ ﻥﺍ
ﻢﺘﺒﺗﺭﺍ ﻦﻬﺗﺪﻌﻓ ﺔﺛﻼﺛ ﺮﻬﺷﺍ ﻢﻟ ﻲﺋﻼﻟﺍﻭ ﻦﻀﺤﻳ ﺕﻻﻭﺍﻭ
ﻦﻬﻠﺟﺍ ﻝﺎﻤﺣﻻﺍ ﻥﺍ ﻦﻌﻀﻳ ﻦﻬﻠﻤﺣ ﻦﻣﻭ ﻖﺘﻳ ﻪﻠﻟﺍ ﻞﻌﺠﻳ
ﻪﻟ ﻦﻣ ﻩﺮﻣﺍ ﺍﺮﺴﻳ
The Noble Verses are clearly speaking about
divorce of women , and there are three
categories of those women :
1- Women who are very old.
2- Women who have not had their
monthly period at the time of the divorce.
3- Women who are pregnant at the time of
the divorce.
For point #2, it doesn't necessarily have to
mean that the woman was a young girl. To
me, it is clearly talking about the wife not
having her period yet when the divorce
happened. Women on average have 10 days
of menstruation each month. Point #2 is
speaking about the 20 other days.
As to my opinion, the scholars'
interpretations are sometimes partial. They
do not cover the latter Laws that came to
abrogate the current Laws that they're
commenting on. This misleads the reader.
As to the menstruation and the minimum
age for marriage, I am not sure if the girl
having her first period is the line that
determines when she can get married or
not. The ample Holy Verses that I quoted in
this article are clear about:

As to the tafaseer (interpretations) that you
provided, they remain limited to their
authors. They are not part of the Noble
Quran. They are only interpretations and
personal opinions of the Mufassireen
(interpreters), and the Hadiths therein are
either:
1- Fabrications and lies that were put on
the mouths of the companions and the
Prophet as many false hadiths were
exposed. Notice the long chain of narrators
that your source presented:
Al Wahidi said: "Abu Ishaq al-Muqri’
informed us> Muhammad ibn ‘Abd Allah ibn
Hamdun> Makki ibn ‘Abdan> Abu’l-Azhar>
Asbat ibn Muhammad> Mutarrif> Abu
‘Uthman ‘Amr ibn Salim
That's 8 people!
2- Abrogated Hadiths, because the Noble
Verses that I presented came much much
later.
Re: 3 Things You Love About Islam by xclusive43(m): 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Read this....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Shaykh Fawzaan Interrupts His Lecture To Stop People From Taking Pictures / How Prophet Muhammad Applied Jokes / 5 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.