Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,078 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space (20369 Views)

Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made / Muslim Man Seen Praying In The Rain In Benin (Photo) / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by Infomizer(m): 3:57am On Oct 26, 2013
RoyPCain: Allah is not on His Throne, because it might connote a sitting position. Instead He is Above His Throne, The Throne is above the heavens.

This might also connote a levitating position...#justsaying

jhidey08: Sum pple r born critics. Dey criticize everytin dey see/ hear, dat's y dier lyf is stagnant. Can't we jst learn hw 2 drop reasonable comments here. ..
I understand your angst, but you can't just state that critics' lives are stagnant..That's so erroneous! Criticism/skepticism to me is like the antidote to bullcrap! #justsaying

1 Like

Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by rammytt(m): 4:33am On Oct 26, 2013
sexymoma: Shey he get where he face wey God no dey angry

tell dem because e get where all of dem dey always face.some say na dat directn mecca dey..
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by farmer99: 8:53am On Oct 26, 2013
dyfatai: pls pardon me, im nt sure if u ar a muslim or non muslim, so i dnt know hw best 2 approac. ALLAH is nt everywhere. Allah said in d Holy Quran d@ HE is above d seven heavens. So, by physical presence, HE is above d seven. heavens, but by HIS wisdom, HE is with us. Allahu Allam
i'm a musiim, its u dat dnt nid 2 get urself confused, if u can check ur dictionary and tell me d meaning of omnipresence by God name it will ok by me
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by Hajayasha(m): 10:11am On Oct 26, 2013
Sllowppoisoon: Does hallah territory reach outer space
ALLAH NOT hallah,His territory is every where!His sovereignty is all over the world,space and inner earth,or do you have another god controlling other planets?please let us mind our language as far as God is concerned

1 Like

Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by dinggle: 10:18am On Oct 26, 2013
if e know say e go pray wetin him go do for up?
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by rammytt(m): 11:06am On Oct 26, 2013
Hajayasha: ALLAH NOT hallah,His territory is every where!His sovereignty is all over the world,space and inner earth,or do you have another god controlling other planets?please let us mind our language as far as God is concerned

are u saying Allah is God or God is Allah?
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
@infomizer; 'above' the throne is not to be assumed as 'levitating'. levitation does have some force acting against gravity and or keeping the object in 'levitation'.

Allah is free of all external forces since He is the Owner of all. each of what human, indeed creation experience are by His Power. Allah is not subjected to any of these, since He is the Creator, Alone and all are creations by Him.

Allah says He rises above His Throne indicates His Throne is not His Support because He does not need any support. He is not wary, or tired or exhausted or any of those that earthly kings, emperors, president, etc in supplies and or supports.

Allah is aware, 100% in full control, all the time. He knows what had pass, what is happening now in fuller situation than the one it is happening to, what is in the future and what will not happen in the future, and the result of it it He were to permit it to happen.

So your suggestion of "levitation" is completely wrong because when you are above something, it will not mean you are levitating over it, but it could mean that you do not need it as it is insignificant to you. But you are creation and your 'above something" will be completely different from "The Above" that Allah says of Himself of His Throne. Definitely He does not need the Throne to support Him and He is not The God someone is going to sit on His right and He on the left of the 'someone". This Lord Allah The Almighty is Completely Unique in His Being.
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by inosend: 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
cannonnier: his direction will be toward earth, makka.

Futhermore east, west, north, south belong to Allah, so he could face anywhere and pray
THIS teaching is brand new. Why face a particular direction then?

1 Like

Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by sim99: 8:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
Dammy4all: but why do most of you normally face a particular place..i never knew Allah owns everywhere rit b4 now
That's obviously because you never cared to know, ALLÂH owns everywhere and everything including you. Muslims all over the globe pray facing the same direction by Sunnah.
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by sim99: 10:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
[quote author=dinggle]if e know say e go pray wetin him go do for up?[/quote
Whether na up e go or underground no be d palaver, d ting b se, wen time reach to do wetin carry everybody com dis world e do am, finish!
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by sim99: 10:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
rammytt:

tell dem because e get where all of dem dey always face.some say na dat directn mecca dey..
Yes, no be 'some say', All dey face dat direction to pray (Ka'aba) . We no sopose dey folo wetin our mind tel us just like dat dey do tings how we like . Our religion get laid down ways to worship from Qur'ân and Sunnah.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by Infomizer(m): 11:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
RoyPCain: @infomizer; 'above' the throne is not to be assumed as 'levitating'. levitation does have some force acting against gravity and or keeping the object in 'levitation'.

Allah is free of all external forces since He is the Owner of all. each of what human, indeed creation experience are by His Power. Allah is not subjected to any of these, since He is the Creator, Alone and all are creations by Him.

Allah says He rises above His Throne indicates His Throne is not His Support because He does not need any support. He is not wary, or tired or exhausted or any of those that earthly kings, emperors, president, etc in supplies and or supports.

Allah is aware, 100% in full control, all the time. He knows what had pass, what is happening now in fuller situation than the one it is happening to, what is in the future and what will not happen in the future, and the result of it it He were to permit it to happen.

So your suggestion of "levitation" is completely wrong because when you are above something, it will not mean you are levitating over it, but it could mean that you do not need it as it is insignificant to you. But you are creation and your 'above something" will be completely different from "The Above" that Allah says of Himself of His Throne. Definitely He does not need the Throne to support Him and He is not The God someone is going to sit on His right and He on the left of the 'someone". This Lord Allah The Almighty is Completely Unique in His Being.
Thanks for the exegesis. My plan is not to go into polemics with you, I was only seeing your point from another 'position'. That said, do I sense that you mean he is 'beyond' or 'more than' his throne?
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by SenatorJames(m): 7:03am On Oct 27, 2013
sexymoma: Shey he get where he face wey God no dey angry

That believe does not go with Muslim salat. They must face the EAST (Kabal) to pray for thier God to answer it.

Thank God for the OMNIPRESENCE GOD I am serving
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by cannonnier(m): 7:45am On Oct 27, 2013
inosend: THIS teaching is brand new. Why face a particular direction then?
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by cannonnier(m): 7:46am On Oct 27, 2013
inosend: THIS teaching is brand new. Why face a particular direction then?

no you are brand new
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by dyfatai(m): 8:53am On Oct 27, 2013
Senator James:

That believe does not go with Muslim salat. They must face the EAST (Kabal) to pray for thier God to answer it.

Senator James:

let me educate u a little, maybe u dont know d@ d kaaba is d perfect centre of d earth (google is free) so if everyone faces d east as u say, den som will back it. So man, muslims don't face d east, dey face d kaaba.

Now, if kaaba is d centre, it means for everyone 2 face it, dey av 2 form a circle around it. This explains wot?? That d muslims worship ONE GOD(in its true form). Now, in ur imagination, look @ d concentric circles d@ will be formed by pple all over d world praying 2 one particular centre, dis signifies d UNITY OF WORSHIP practiced by muslims. I hope ive clarified a little. GOD knows best. Peace
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:57am On Oct 27, 2013
You are wrong @dyfatai ghana is even closer to the geographical centre of earth than kabba.earth is like footbal,does footbalk has a centre?.RELIGION IS THE OPIUM OF OF THE MASSES
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by rammytt(m): 10:11am On Oct 27, 2013
sim99:
Yes, no be 'some say', All dey face dat direction to pray (Ka'aba) . We no sopose dey folo wetin our mind tel us just like dat dey do tings how we like . Our religion get laid down ways to worship from Qur'ân and Sunnah.

so hw d astronaut tey knw where kabba dey frm outer space?..don't u think everybody face east,some ppl go back d kabba?
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
@infomizer: your 'view position' is so polemic, truly wrong assumption of knowledge and completely lacking in faith. i am certain that you are not a muslim, hence your efforts of 'ridicule' except the joke if not the ridicule is on you. Creator by nature creates. thats what being Creator is. and only human creators, who themselves are created by the True Creator can be overwhelmed or not above their "throne" since it is throne that is your archilles heel. a human king at best ask that a throne be made for him because he needs it so that he can sit on it. the king needs a support. a human creator creates what can overwhelm him in some certain conditions. in all that man creates, or asked to be created, man is somehow not always in full control of it. this is not the case with God Who does not get tired, weary, slumbers, fatigue, etc and the Throne is not above Him, but above this world [earth and the 7 heavens], paradise [including the highest level; jannah fir dausi alla]. Allah is above the Throne in a manner that befits His Majesty without having to assume He is sitting on it as worldly king who is under the same rules as any peasant will need a seat to sit and be refreshed. i am not gonna respond to your poor attempt at ridiculous points.

@mkpakana odogwu; the part that is above water [land], Kaaba is actually the center.

@rammytt; not everyone faces 'east', because if you are located on the eastern side, you have to turn west because the Kaaba is in the west of you. only those on the western part of Kaaba face 'east'. since nigeria is in the west, it faces east and so you assume everyone faces east, even if they are northern, southern, eastern to the Kaaba. thats is wrong.

further, the space is nothing more than what surrounds the earth. so by common sense, inflate the earth until you make it big enough to be at your feet and face the direction of the Kaaba of that larger earth. you can get the same result by just drawing the Kaaba as high as your eye level. you face that direction. but in space they see the earth structure like the great wall of china. they see other locations and parts with modern 'viewing tools'. i guess you haven't heard of google earth.
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by Infomizer(m): 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2013
dyfatai: let me educate u a little, maybe u dont know d@ d kaaba is d perfect centre of d earth (google is free) so if everyone faces d east as u say, den som will back it. So man, muslims don't face d east, dey face d kaaba.

Now, if kaaba is d centre, it means for everyone 2 face it, dey av 2 form a circle around it. This explains wot?? That d muslims worship ONE GOD(in its true form). Now, in ur imagination, look @ d concentric circles d@ will be formed by pple all over d world praying 2 one particular centre, dis signifies d UNITY OF WORSHIP practiced by muslims. I hope ive clarified a little. GOD knows best. Peace
Did it occur to you that the earth has different timezones and that the uniformity of worship you're implying is only restricted to a timezone? No concentric circles buddy!
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by Infomizer(m): 2:48pm On Oct 27, 2013
dyfatai: let me educate u a little, maybe u dont know d@ d kaaba is d perfect centre of d earth (google is free) so if everyone faces d east as u say, den som will back it. So man, muslims don't face d east, dey face d kaaba.

I don't think so!
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by Infomizer(m): 3:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
RoyPCain: @infomizer: your 'view position' is so polemic, truly wrong assumption of knowledge and completely lacking in faith. i am certain that you are not a muslim, hence your efforts of 'ridicule' except the joke if not the ridicule is on you. Creator by nature creates. thats what being Creator is. and only human creators, who themselves are created by the True Creator can be overwhelmed or not above their "throne" since it is throne that is your archilles heel. a human king at best ask that a throne be made for him because he needs it so that he can sit on it. the king needs a support. a human creator creates what can overwhelm him in some certain conditions. in all that man creates, or asked to be created, man is somehow not always in full control of it. this is not the case with God Who does not get tired, weary, slumbers, fatigue, etc and the Throne is not above Him, but above this world [earth and the 7 heavens], paradise [including the highest level; jannah fir dausi alla]. Allah is above the Throne in a manner that befits His Majesty without having to assume He is sitting on it as worldly king who is under the same rules as any peasant will need a seat to sit and be refreshed. i am not gonna respond to your poor attempt at ridiculous points.

@mkpakana odogwu; the part that is above water [land], Kaaba is actually the center.

@rammytt; not everyone faces 'east', because if you are located on the eastern side, you have to turn west because the Kaaba is in the west of you. only those on the western part of Kaaba face 'east'. since nigeria is in the west, it faces east and so you assume everyone faces east, even if they are northern, southern, eastern to the Kaaba. thats is wrong.

further, the space is nothing more than what surrounds the earth. so by common sense, inflate the earth until you make it big enough to be at your feet and face the direction of the Kaaba of that larger earth. you can get the same result by just drawing the Kaaba as high as your eye level. you face that direction. but in space they see the earth structure like the great wall of china. they see other locations and parts with modern 'viewing tools'. i guess you haven't heard of google earth.
Re: Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space by Deen4me(m): 4:58am On Nov 02, 2013
ziccoit:

May Allah bless you. Allah is not everywhere. He is everywhere by His knowledge.

Amin And you too wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jumaat Sermon: Avoid Broken Home At All Cost / 11 Marriage Realities We Fail To Realize / Edoardo Agnelli: Son of Billionaire Italian Killed For Embracing Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.