Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process (250786 Views)

2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process / IGNORE All 2023 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / 2015/2016 Yabatech Admission,post Utme And Screening Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by bellemoi(f): 6:48am On Nov 07, 2013
I intend on choosing uniport as my 1st choice for economics and federal university otuoke as my 2nd choice for also economics.
Am i good to go
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 7:10am On Nov 07, 2013
bellemoi: I intend on choosing uniport as my 1st choice for economics and federal university otuoke as my 2nd choice for also economics.
Am i good to go
yep u are good to go but choosing federal uni has second choice is a bit risky i would have prefered putting state uni if i were you.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 7:21am On Nov 07, 2013
Fynestboi: literature dnt mata keh Am hearing this for the first time, maybe in your school, bt schools like ui, oau Wnt take it likely with an art student that failed literature....
not even in my own uni all uni in nigeria do accept it unless he or she is going for law.

Even a science student can study philosophy

Criteria any subject

Even a science student study can study economics

Once the guy can have 5 out of this subject i listed above he is qualified for all schools admission

1.Maths 2.econs 3.govt 4 crk/irk 5.biology 6.commerce 7.Eng 8.geography
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 7:26am On Nov 07, 2013
Samoranopapa: pls wat of state uni lyk oou,tasued nd odas will dey accept it
bro once you can have 5 out the subject i listed above you are good to go.

Ask the course criteria of you school
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by bellemoi(f): 10:02am On Nov 07, 2013
promisechild: yep u are good to go but choosing federal uni has second choice is a bit risky i would have prefered putting state uni if i were you.
which state university in the south -south would you advise me to choose
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Fred120: 10:50am On Nov 07, 2013
Bush2013: WHAT DATE IS THE JAMB EXAMS
...Not known
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Fred120: 10:50am On Nov 07, 2013
Bush2013: WHAT DATE IS THE JAMB EXAMS
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by eolawaye: 11:46am On Nov 07, 2013
To all of you asking about Jamb exam date, pls calm down and just go and prepare for your exams. am sure latest by january you would know the date... It's usually around march or april
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by eolawaye: 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
Fellow jambites, I saw this post somewhere, i hope it helps.. something about the list of jamb certified cybercafes.... http://www.insidenaija.com/2013/11/06/jamb-registration-centresauthorized-cybercafes-list/
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Ehimenboy(m): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
please is there any federal school i can pick as second choice?
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by davidiee(m): 1:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
Good day aspirants. I went to jamb office to register and to my greatest shock I just discovered something. In the 2014/2015 ume , there is no provisions for 1st or second choice most, more and preferred. What we have now is 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th choice and only four degree institutions to choose. I.e degree, ND, COE and IEI. If for example you select a University as first choice you can't select a University as either second third or fourth choice. Which technically means that if a university is your first choice. Then a polytechnic will be your second choice and a college of education your third choice and another awarding institution your fourth choice. Finally this means that your choice of either university, poly, coe, and other institution is restricted to only one. So this year choose wisely I just registered. The exam date is yet to be announced but so far that's how the registration goes. If you're not clear with this info go to any jamb office and confirm for yourself

2 Likes

Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Idrismusty97(m): 1:46pm On Nov 07, 2013
davidiee: Good day aspirants. I went to jamb office to register and to my greatest shock I just discovered something. In the 2014/2015 ume , there is no provisions for 1st or second choice most, more and preferred. What we have now is 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th choice and only four degree institutions to choose. I.e degree, ND, COE and IEI. If for example you select a University as first choice you can't select a University as either second third or fourth choice. Which technically means that if a university is your first choice. Then a polytechnic will be your second choice and a college of education your third choice and another awarding institution your fourth choice. Finally this means that your choice of either university, poly, coe, and other institution is restricted to only one. So this year choose wisely I just registered. The exam date is yet to be announced but so far that's how the registration goes. If you're not clear with this info go to any jamb office and confirm for yourself
Oboy!.That's why i said we should wait.ASUU cause all these.

Idrismusty97: My advice for you all.If you really want admission next year, Go to a private uni,abroad uni,a uni that is not striking(unilorin) or an entirely new uni(bauchi state uni and sokoto state uni).If you choose a uni on strike you will have to wait for this 2013/2015 set to finish first before you enter and that will take a year.2013/2014 set are suppose to start academic session this November but the strike is destroying the academic calenda.Again schools like ABU have not even call for post ume.Futminna still have 3month to finish their 2nd semister.In short my advice will be to Wait!! for the ASUU strike to be called off or atleast till December,dont rush!.Goodluck
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by davidiee(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
Idrismusty97: Oboy!.That's why i said we should wait.ASUU cause all these.

If the registration go like this some universities may not have candidates next year this is a serious issue
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
bellemoi:
which state university in the south -south would you advise me to choose
niger delta state university,delsu,river state university of sci and tech [rsust] etc
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Idrismusty97(m): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
davidiee: If the registration go like this some universities may not have candidates next year this is a serious issue
Seriously. Many aspirant will be denied admission next year.Things are getting real serious.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
davidiee: Good day aspirants. I went to jamb office to register and to my greatest shock I just discovered something. In the 2014/2015 ume , there is no provisions for 1st or second choice most, more and preferred. What we have now is 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th choice and only four degree institutions to choose. I.e degree, ND, COE and IEI. If for example you select a University as first choice you can't select a University as either second third or fourth choice. Which technically means that if a university is your first choice. Then a polytechnic will be your second choice and a college of education your third choice and another awarding institution your fourth choice. Finally this means that your choice of either university, poly, coe, and other institution is restricted to only one. So this year choose wisely I just registered. The exam date is yet to be announced but so far that's how the registration goes. If you're not clear with this info go to any jamb office and confirm for yourself
nice info for the jambites

Jambites make ur choice wisely don't be in a haste to fill your jamb form ask for advice

See u guys at the top
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 3:07pm On Nov 07, 2013
i knw this kind of development would come up next yr, coz till date jamb had not forward 2nd choice institutn applicants jamb score to the school....
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Bush2013: 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
[quote author=davidiee]Good day aspirants. I went to jamb office to register and to my greatest shock I just discovered something. In the 2014/2015 ume , there is no provisions for 1st or second choice most, more and preferred. What we have now is 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th choice and only four degree institutions to choose. I.e degree, ND, COE and IEI. If for example you select a University as first choice you can't select a University as either second third or fourth choice. Which technically means that if a university is your first choice. Then a polytechnic will be your second choice and a college of education your third choice and another awarding institution your fourth choice. Finally this means that your choice of either university, poly, coe, and other institution is restricted to only one. So this year choose wisely I just registered. The exam date is yet to be announced but so far that's how the registration goes. If you're not clear with this info go to any jamb office and confirm for yourself[/quote WHAT NOVEL IS RECOMENDED FOR ENGLISH THIS YEAR.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Bush2013: 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
WHAT NOVEL IS RECOMENDED FOR ENGLISH THIS YEAR.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 3:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bush2013: WHAT NOVEL IS RECOMENDED FOR ENGLISH THIS YEAR.
The novels recommended for English language are
1) The Potters Wheel
2)The Successor
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
promisechild: nice info for the jambites

Jambites make ur choice wisely don't be in a haste to fill your jamb form ask for advice

See u guys at the top
Promise-child I remain grateful to you,Finestboi,Adex097,Papidinho,Phtemie and the rest of you guys for the online tutorial.
God bless
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
Fynestboi: i knw this kind of development would come up next yr, coz till date jamb had not forward 2nd choice institutn applicants jamb score to the school....
they have bro my friend was given admission in aaua thru 2nd choice or have u forgotten abt dr heskie that was admitted for medicine in unilorin
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Bush2013: 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
emekakelvin:
The novels recommended for English language are
1) The Potters Wheel
2)The Successor
U MEAN THEY NO CHANGE AM
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Karleb(m): 4:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hi everybody, I have been following this thread lately so I think I should drop a comment.

1 Like

Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by emekakelvin(m): 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bush2013: U MEAN THEY NO CHANGE AM
Yap unchanged!
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Karleb(m): 8:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
Someone should pls provide me with the link to physics, chemistry and biology JAMB tutorial. Thanks in advance.
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
Karleb: Someone should pls provide me with the link to physics, chemistry and biology JAMB tutorial. Thanks in advance.
pm fynestboi for that
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Idrismusty97(m): 9:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
promisechild: pm fynestboi for that
Is that PM even working?
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by promisechild(m): 10:10pm On Nov 07, 2013
Idrismusty97: Is that PM even working?
it is not that working but this is the trick i do use

Click on email then send the message that appears in the box like that then go to ur mail inbox u would find his email there then u mail him
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by papindinho(m): 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
emekakelvin:
Promise-child I remain grateful to you,Finestboi,Adex097,Papidinho,Phtemie and the rest of you guys for the online tutorial.
God bless
We should be grateful to God bro. #Adex097 #Fynest #Doyinmolah #Samtolly #Promisechild #Phtemie et al. Men of great minds #all to the top
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by papindinho(m): 10:46pm On Nov 07, 2013
I would like to implore the aspirants to calm their nerves and make the right choice of course(s). Don't be too anxious o.

And get your Jamb subject combo right in accordance with the requirement(s) of your school of choice. Thereafter, let the preparations begin.
#All the best
Re: 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process by Fynestboi: 11:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
promisechild: they have bro my friend was given admission in aaua thru 2nd choice or have u forgotten abt dr heskie that was admitted for medicine in unilorin
yap i knw but nt all, e.g UI, OAU, UNN and some others.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (117) (Reply)

2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / National Common Entrance Examination Result 2021/2022 Is Out | See How To Check / A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.