Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Togo And World Cup Trouble - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Togo And World Cup Trouble (2106 Views)

Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier / Cote D'ivoire , Tunisia, Algeria . Togo - AFCON 2013 Group D / Jay Jay Okocha and World Best Player Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Togo And World Cup Trouble by leilata(f): 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2006
Togo's coach Otto Pfister resigns four days before the first match!!! The players are threatening to boycott world cup!!! partly because they had the pay premium problem and many more management blunders!!!
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by bolaoni(m): 7:32pm On Jun 10, 2006
What is wrong with this Togolese sef?

Are they so mute that they didn't care to finish up their business before the WC started.

See how they have disgraced Africa now. embarassed

They will surely be regreting for sacking Keshi.

Imagine a team without the Coach! Serious thrashing for them. cry cry cry
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by mukina2: 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2006
ytes they sacked the man hu was responsible for takin them to their first ever world cup,now this one has left, troubles b4 their openin match, let em play first cuz they know its not only togo behind them but the whole continent undecided
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by BigShishi(m): 3:19am On Jun 11, 2006
they wamke me angry angry angry. They're bunch of erratic losers , they were lucky to get to da world cup, then sacked keshi and now they wanna start asking for money and stuff, i hope they get sanctioned by fifa, bloody togolese mutha%Y^ angry angry angry
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by jgirl3: 11:17am On Jun 11, 2006
I heard about that crap. It is not their fault. As it is said in yoruba "ayo lon pa won" meaning it is Joy that is killing them, Pathetic losers. Let me see how they will perform first before I fully abuse them
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by Blue2(m): 11:47am On Jun 11, 2006
These togolese would never seize to amaze me! Anyway na im good for them. After sacking the man who took them to them world cup what do they expect! Keshi juju don catch them grin grin
i even heard the players want to boycot the match, if they do togo shoudl be ban for 100000000 years! yeye dey smell shocked
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by leilata(f): 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2006
do y'all know how much fifa allocates for each country for the world cup? do y'all know how much the players are asking for is less than other countries do y'all know that the president of the togolese football association is the brother of the country's president and the son of the late president who ruled the country for over 40 years, pratically since the independence and do y'all know that they've been treating the country like their personal property? do y'all know that they pocketed half the money fifa gave them for the players do y'all know that the players haven't been paid fully for the african cup of nation Please look at the circumstances before insulting the players!!! it is time to expose this family that has been tormenting the country and threating Togo like a KINGDOM. the country is not a Monarchy!!!
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by Idekeson(m): 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2006
Togo and World cup is an aberration and I use this opportunity to tender an unreserved apology for the embarrassment they will surely inflict on the rest of the world.
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2006
grin
and d'yall know Togo players were requesting for $200,000 each for participating in this world cup? and d'yall know not even the greedy eagles asked for a quarter of that ever despite beiing more high profile players!
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by leilata(f): 2:06am On Jun 12, 2006
the amount they asking for is completely justified!!!!!!!! 200000 dollars is 100 000 pounds it is not too much to ask considering they weren't even payed for the African cup of Nations participation!!! the players struggled to get to where they are today. a whole national team that dont have shoes and shin guards etc and the players have to pay for transportation to other african countries to play for the country!!!! The newspapers here revealed that the players are usually payed 800 pounds!!!!! even street cleaners earn more than that!!!Ivory Coast players got more than that and they each got a house built for them. the eagles didnt have to ask for that then!!! they were settled and football is a huge business now more than four years ago and those players can loose their life on the field or get paralysed from injury etc,
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by mochafella(m): 2:52am On Jun 12, 2006
leilata:

the amount they asking for is completely justified!!!!!!!! 200000 dollars is 100 000 pounds it is not too much to ask considering they weren't even payed for the African cup of Nations participation!!!
leilata:

a whole national team that don't have shoes and shin guards etc and the players have to pay for transportation to other african countries to play for the country!!!!
Then they should be fighting for those facilities to be provided and for their ANC bonuses. I'm not saying they should not demand any bonuses, but that amount is excessive for the WC

leilata:

Ivory Coast players got more than that and they each got a house built for them. the eagles didnt have to ask for that then!!!
Just how much did the Ivorians get, and last I heard they refused to accept those houses.
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by spikelord(m): 8:07am On Jun 12, 2006
That is their problem! If they are not ready to play, then let FIFA terminate them and include Nigeria!
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by jgirl3: 8:22am On Jun 12, 2006
Abi oh. They should thank their stars that they even got to the world cup. Ungrateful rascals. Nigeria will happily take their place
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by spikelord(m): 8:40am On Jun 12, 2006
And even qualify from that group self!
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by jgirl3: 8:47am On Jun 12, 2006
Just let me see their performance, if they don't do their best - FIFA should completely ban them that is what i am saying. I think their heads got too big, FIFA should help us bring it down to normal size.
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by spikelord(m): 8:51am On Jun 12, 2006
Abi Oh!
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by wiseguy(m): 9:14am On Jun 12, 2006
See me see trouble o. who cares if they play or not? Ungrateful Idiots. After what they did to Keshi, they no go see better.
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by spikelord(m): 9:25am On Jun 12, 2006
Let'em start thinking of bringing Keshi back into their Management!
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by abdulmajid(m): 9:48am On Jun 12, 2006
I'm na dat small boy adebayor that is causing the confucion in the togolese camp. If na mi bi their govt. I'll even promise them one million dollar 'cos they can't even draw a match.
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by spikelord(m): 10:58am On Jun 12, 2006
Even if they are the fourth country in Iran, Trinidad and Tobago, and Poland's group, they won't even pick a point let alone their current group.
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by otokx(m): 11:12am On Jun 12, 2006
togo's troubles have not yet started
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by spikelord(m): 11:17am On Jun 12, 2006
When will their trouble start? It's not too late for'em to leave Germany!
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by otokx(m): 11:41am On Jun 12, 2006
very soon, lets just wait and see
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by jgirl3: 11:43am On Jun 12, 2006
My own is that they should be sent home b4 their game or something. Their troubles will deal with them seriously
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by spikelord(m): 11:48am On Jun 12, 2006
Maybe Adebayor will stand as coach for them
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2006
Up coach Sheyi Adebayo!
Allez le Togo! Please ask for $1m each for every match played at the world cup, your govt stands to lose not more than $3m to each player. Don't bother to add winning or draw bonuses, not even in a group comprising Iran, Saudi Arabia and Poland will you even get to score a goal.

All crown the new rising star of African football, Seyi "the great" Adebayo doubling as coach, captain and player!
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by mukina2: 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2006
hmmmmm i thot winifred wats his name cameroun's former coach was taking over undecided undecided undecided
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by otokx(m): 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2006
A voodoo priest prophesied that they will win their first match by 2 goals to 1.
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 12, 2006
considering the players monetary demands, it will be economically catastrophic for Togo to win a match or go beyond the second round of the world cup.
Thus the voodoo priest's prophecy is likely to affect Togo's external reserves.
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by spikelord(m): 1:08pm On Jun 12, 2006
Let'em have Keshi back.Maybe he placed a curse on them before leaving Lome
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by mukina2: 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2006
aba spikky maybe ure ait grin grin grin grin grin grin grin sheyi has been caussin so much trouble angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Togo And World Cup Trouble by sleekmike(m): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2006
The evil that Togo did is living with them.
One adagde in my place says that He who kills the medicine man cos he has recovered will surely call a medicine man that will kill him the next time. So be it with Togo. I am waiting to celebrate thier disgrace.
The evil they did to Keshi will forever hunt them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs BF: Android phone winner of the predict & Win contest on Nairaland / 23 Weird Facts In Football, Strange But True / One Of Nigeria's Best Sport Presenter, Timi Ebikagboro Has Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.