Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,759 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:43 AM

"I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." (1849 Views)

He Joined Me To Church Today, Because I Promised To Buy Him Beer. / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by LordReed(m): 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
TATIME:
Last week i caught sight of a post by one of them saying that people should throw away their Bibles because he calculated the amount of water that could fill the earth to cover all the mountains and to him there is nowhere JEHOVAH could have gotten such amount of water. Many of your folks were just arguing blindly with him not knowing what to say to silence his stupidity and his folks were hailing him until i asked him what he thinks if all the waters locked up as ice in the Artic and Atartic poles disolves. Because the same story he was trying to ridicule said JEHOVAH blew wind to make the water subside. Genesis 8:1
So he couldn't say a word about that because if all the waters locked up as ice on earth disolves,of course no mountain (including Everest) will be left uncovered. And there's no way Moses (who recorded that account) could know that there are places on this same planet where JEHOVAH freezed the waters into ice. Moreover had it been that JEHOVAH didn't freeze those waters you can imagine how the ranting of this fools could have made some sense. But JEHOVAH knows much more than we can think so that was the end of his stupid thread! undecided undecided

LoL you are very wrong. In all the scenarios were all the ice melts, it doesn't even come close to covering all the land, talk less about covering Everest. I am sure he didn't even bother answering your question because he already mentioned it.
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by theoriginalgood: 4:52pm On Oct 30, 2018
The sad truth is no human will ever make heaven. Mark 10:18 tells us that only God is truly good. God can never die because he’s good. Humans die and then imagine whether they’ll make heaven or hell. Humans are all bad. All Saints are perfect beings who would have been residing in heaven already from the beginning. Saints won’t have to be on earth to be experiencing crap like acne or sickness or something else, they’re already perfect beings and would be with God in heaven.

True or false?
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by LordReed(m): 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
theoriginalgood:
The sad truth is no human will ever make heaven. Mark 10:18 tells us that only God is truly good. God can never die because he’s good. Humans die and then imagine whether they’ll make heaven or hell. Humans are all bad. All Saints are perfect beings who would have been residing in heaven already from the beginning. Saints won’t have to be on earth to be experiencing crap like acne or sickness or something else, they’re already perfect beings and would be with God in heaven.

True or false?

Who cares? There is no heaven to make.
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 31, 2018
LordReed:

LoL you are very wrong. In all the scenarios were all the ice melts, it doesn't even come close to covering all the land, talk less about covering Everest. I am sure he didn't even bother answering your question because he already mentioned it.
OK so if all the ice locked up in the Artic and Atartic poles disolves, it won't even cover the lands!
That's wonderful! So then why are scientists and others afraid of global warming? Because the last time they met together it was about the ice dissolving and gradually the sea level rising "covering lands" So that they started a global campaign for planting trees to balance the temperature! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by LordReed(m): 7:47am On Oct 31, 2018
TATIME:
OK so if all the ice locked up in the Artic and Atartic poles disolves, it won't even cover the lands!
That's wonderful! So then why are scientists and others afraid of global warming? Because the last time they met together it was about the ice dissolving and gradually the sea level rising "covering lands" So that they started a global campaign for planting trees to balance the temperature! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Are you joking? Do you know what it'll mean if all the costal cities around the world are destroyed and uninhabitable because of massive flooding, tsunamis and hurricanes? No Lagos, no Port Harcourt, no Calabar, no Uyo plus all their environs then multiply that across the entire world. You have to be really dumb to think that is not a problem.
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 31, 2018
LordReed:

Are you joking? Do you know what it'll mean if all the costal cities around the world are destroyed and uninhabitable because of massive flooding, tsunamis and hurricanes? No Lagos, no Port Harcourt, no Calabar, no Uyo plus all their environs then multiply that across the entire world. You have to be really dumb to think that is not a problem.
But i thought you're saying the waters locked up as ice in the Artic and Atartic poles can't cover the earth
Well my friend, whether you agree or not God's word must be reckoned with, HE said in HIS word "the waters were blown by a heavy wind to subside" Genesis 8:1 Surely the cool wind from Jehovah's mouth frozen the waters in those places till today! And your friend was trying to say it's all a big lie. So now you know what JEHOVAH meant by saying "the fool says in his heart 'there is no JEHOVAH '" Psalms 14:1
Of course you and your folks just don't want to be guided and we understand that perfectly, but trying to say we that are following divine guidance are stupid will make us show you why we are wiser! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by LordReed(m): 9:04am On Oct 31, 2018
TATIME:
But i thought you're saying the waters locked up as ice in the Artic and Atartic poles can't cover the earth
Well my friend, whether you agree or not God's word must be reckoned with, HE said in HIS word "the waters were blown by a heavy wind to subside" Genesis 8:1 Surely the cool wind from Jehovah's mouth frozen the waters in those places till today! And your friend was trying to say it's all a big lie. So now you know what JEHOVAH meant by saying "the fool says in his heart 'there is no JEHOVAH '" Psalms 14:1
Of course you and your folks just don't want to be guided and we understand that perfectly, but trying to say we that are following divine guidance are stupid will make us show you why we are wiser! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Can you see how disingenuous and dishonest you are? This is what you said:

TATIME:

So he couldn't say a word about that because if all the waters locked up as ice on earth disolves,of course no mountain (including Everest) will be left uncovered.

I said it can't cover the land masses but here you are saying because it will decimate coastal areas equating it to what you said. How are you so dishonest? Why do you need lies to prove your fairytale?
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 31, 2018
LordReed:

Can you see how disingenuous and dishonest you are? This is what you said:

I said it can't cover the land masses but here you are saying because it will decimate coastal areas equating it to what you said. How are you so dishonest? Why do you need lies to prove your fairytale?
Sir it's not about arguing but facts found written in a document that i strongly believe is inspired by a higher intelligent being than you and i. The book said all the mountains were covered but you and your friends are doubting it's authenticity, so my point is "do you still think that this document written by those ancient men was false, after seeing things that they themselves never saw but penned down fact about it?"
If JEHOVAH asked those ancient men to write it down that the waters covered all the mountains and today you and i are scared if the waters locked up as ice in the Artic and Atartic poles should disolve.
My friend i don't see any reason for further debates. Because it was written that HE caused a heavy wind to blow up the waters making it subside! Genesis 8:1
So case closed! wink wink wink
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by LordReed(m): 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2018
TATIME:
Sir it's not about arguing but facts found written in a document that i strongly believe is inspired by a higher intelligent being than you and i. The book said all the mountains were covered but you and your friends are doubting it's authenticity, so my point is "do you still think that this document written by those ancient men was false, after seeing things that they themselves never saw but penned down fact about it?"
If JEHOVAH asked those ancient men to write it down that the waters covered all the mountains and today you and i are scared if the waters locked up as ice in the Artic and Atartic poles should disolve.
My friend i don't see any reason for further debates. Because it was written that HE caused a heavy wind to blow up the waters making it subside! Genesis 8:1
So case closed! wink wink wink

How can it be a fact when it's not true? Even if all the ice on earth melts it will not cover the entire landmass. It will surely cover coastal areas and some but no where near even reaching ¼ up Everest talk more of covering it. Here you are, falsely equating the 2.

The Bible flood story is just physically impossible.
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2018
LordReed:

How can it be a fact when it's not true? Even if all the ice on earth melts it will not cover the entire landmass. It will surely cover coastal areas and some but no where near even reaching ¼ up Everest talk more of covering it. Here you are, falsely equating the 2.

The Bible flood story is just physically impossible.
Thanks for the calculations,at least we both agreed that waters locked up somewhere on this same planet as icebergs could cause a great disaster if it disolves but Moses never knew anything about Artic and Atartic poles when writing the Bible book of Genesis! That's the truth. So arguing whether it could cover the mountains or not is pointless since we are both sure there's going to be trouble if the icebergs melts. grin grin

Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by LordReed(m): 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2018
TATIME:
Thanks for the calculations,at least we both agreed that waters locked up somewhere on this same planet as icebergs could cause a great disaster if it disolves but Moses never knew anything about Artic and Atartic poles when writing the Bible book of Genesis! That's the truth. So arguing whether it could cover the mountains or not is pointless since we are both sure there's going to be trouble if the icebergs melts. grin grin

First off there is no evidence Moses wrote it but that's another issue. Secondly the author didn't need to know of the polar ice caps neither were they mentioned at all in the story. Thirdly, the author only need to be aware of what damage rain or hurricane or tsunami induced flooding can cause even if he has never seen a deluge of the magnitude the story talks about.

It's like saying because I have never seen a black hole or a comet before I cannot write a story about space travel. One doesn't need to have facts in other to fantasise. And the author did a good work of fantasy.
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2018
LordReed:

First off there is no evidence Moses wrote it but that's another issue. Secondly the author didn't need to know of the polar ice caps neither were they mentioned at all in the story. Thirdly, the author only need to be aware of what damage rain or hurricane or tsunami induced flooding can cause even if he has never seen a deluge of the magnitude the story talks about.

It's like saying because I have never seen a black hole or a comet before I cannot write a story about space travel. One doesn't need to have facts in other to fantasise. And the author did a good work of fantasy.
You know what? You're damn right cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by LordReed(m): 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2018
TATIME:
You know what? You're damn right cheesy cheesy cheesy

LoL! Look at you using style to call me stupid. When I blast you now you'll begin to cry. LMFAO!
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by donnie(m): 10:50pm On Oct 31, 2018
budaatum:

He just mentions "Jesus" and becomes immune from God's wrath.

Yup, It's that simple. Immune? Nope, saved.
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:26pm On Nov 08, 2018
donnie:

Yup, It's that simple. Immune? Nope, saved.

Halleluyah! cheesy

1 Like

Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by donnie(m): 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Halleluyah! cheesy

Praise the Lord! cheesy
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
Get Connected To Hope: Feasting after the Famine at Deeper Life National December Retreat 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRyhcRiyTmw
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57am On Oct 25, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Much of the world knows the Golden Rule simply as "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" (see Luke 6:31). According to this verse, if we can live by this rule and love our neighbour as much as we love ourselves, we fulfill the Law. Ask those who claim to do this if they have ever lied, stolen, hated, or looked with lust. If they have broken any of these Commandments, then they haven't loved those they have lied to, stolen from, etc. This will show them that they have violated the Golden Rule. They are under God's wrath (see John 3:36), desperately needing the Saviour's cleansing blood.

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; You shall love your neighbour as yourself" (Galatians 5:14).

Watch "Evolution Vs God" => www.evolutionvsGod.com

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; You shall love your neighbour as yourself" (Galatians 5:14).
Re: "I Believe I Will Go To Heaven Because I Live By The Golden Rule." by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59am On Oct 25, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Not Allowed In Christianity Before Marriage... / Is Speaking In Tongues A Gift Or A Talent? / The Experience 2018 "Jesus Our Peace"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.