Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million (1913 Views)

MEND Threatens To Bomb Mosques & Assasinate Imams / Language Barriers In Mosques / Why Does The Crescent Moon Symbol Sit On Top Of Mosques? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by sheniqua: 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
Katsina to build 34 mosques with N359m

The Katsina State government Wednesday awarded a N359.4 million contract for the construction of 34 Juma’at mosques in the state. Presenting certificates of the contract to the executors, Governor Ibrahim Shema said each mosque would cost the government N10. 5 million, and that they would be spread across the 34 local government areas of the state.
Shema said the gesture was part of the present administration’s efforts at improving the welfare of the people.

“The present government has empowered thousands of women and youths; they were trained in various skills and given money to start businesses. We have been procuring farm produce from our farmers at an appreciable price and selling same to citizens at cheaper rates,” he said.
The governor, who said that the contracts were awarded to indigenous companies, warned the contractors to have the fear of God in the execution of the projects.

[size=18pt]Earlier, Special Advisor to the Governor on Community Development, Alhaji Abubakar Yusuf Bindawa, said the present administration has constructed 305 Islamiyyah schools and mosques.[/size]
Bindawa said 12 new Juma’at mosques were earlier constructed by the government at the cost of N200 million.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/new...ues-with-n359m

This is just one state

Churches are private ventures sponsored by the faithful followers but mosques are built with oil money from the Niger delta
Have you folks seen the rot in our country
Any wonder they have one WAEC success or two from these states year in year out and continually leading to a lowering of the scores to accommodate people who are not willing to learn.
They want to go to the mosques and spend their portion of state resources to build mosques,marry wives.
Please God let this nation be divided in my lifetime
We don't belong together with these people at all
There is no similarity whatsoever and dissimilar people have no business being grouped together

Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
Looting and fraud in progress by PDP.
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by sheniqua: 10:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Keneking: Looting and fraud in progress by PDP.

Then tell me why other PDP states in the south and middlebelt are not building Churches?

1 Like

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by mekaboy(m): 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
is this right for govt to use tax paid by both christian and muslim citizens to build mosques?

see how muslims reason?

1 Like

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by bappahman: 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
mekaboy: is this right for govt to use tax paid by both christian and muslim citizens to build mosques?

see how muslims reason?
Tell me a single local govt in katsina that has 20% Christians?
If u add all the christian of katsina state origin u will not get 100000 in a state of 5mill
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by sheniqua: 11:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
bappahman:
If u add all the christian of katsina state origin u will not get 100000 in a state of 5mill

Is that a reason to build mosques with state funds?

1 Like

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by bappahman: 11:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
sheniqua:

Is that a reason to build mosques with state funds?
That may be part of the wants of the people

2 Likes

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by Oduduwaisreal(m): 11:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
Arrant nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by sheniqua: 11:52pm On Oct 25, 2013
bappahman:
That may be part of the wants of the people

With state funds?
A state with the lowest test scores,one of the most uneducated ,high rate of child marriage ,almajirism and other social vices ,Most people are illiterates that can't read or write and what they need are mosques?
Are you kidding me?

1 Like

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by sheniqua: 11:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
Read this

In Nigeria adult literacy rate is about 56.9%with huge variations between states (Lagos 80.5 (literacy in English) 87.7 (Literacy in any Language) and Yobe 24.2(literacy in English) and 48.9 (literacy in any Language). Other states where literacy rates are very low particularly in English include: Jigawa 26.1%, Kano 27.8%, Katsina 27.5% and Zamfara 26.2%.

This low level of literacy has translated to high level of poverty, ignorance, diseases, insecurity and a non-virile democratic practice because people cannot vote effectively.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201209080393.html

Isn't it obvious why Nigeria's literacy rates stand at 56.9?
The same people that keep our figures low rather than invest in education build mosques instead
Poverty , ignorance and disease are of little concern
Mosques are what is needed
Unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by mekaboy(m): 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
bappahman:

I dont think it is appropriate for state govt to invest state funds in religion. They can give land to those that want to build but not build mosques. It is wrong. What if the governor of the state is a traditional worshiper and goes about building 34 shrines all over the state?

This money comes from the federal govt to the state, its tax payers money, its not necessarily funds generated by the state.

What if the governor decides to follow the teachings of the koran to the letter like the extremists do? will he now use states funds to promote terrorism ?

We should be careful with what is going on in the north before it gets out of hand. From under age marriage, to building mosques with state funds, and forcing sharia law on residents, asking them not to carry male and female passengers in the same car.

This is violation of human rights. If governors of christian states start to see their religion as supreme and impose laws on muslims. asking all muslims to wear jeans and T-shirt and no muslim should wear hijab. They will start to chant for war.

How will this mosque benefit the people more? why not invest in schools? those terrorists that blow themselves up and kill people, dont they grow up in the mosque?

don't they leave the mosque before going to commit acts of terror against mankind ?

2 Likes

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
I agree with sheniqua's sentiment. The govt has absolutely no business in erecting places of worship; that should be left to private citizens.
The FG should also remove itself from sponsoring the yearly pilgrimmages. If individuals are interested in making the trips to Israel and Saudi Arabia, they should pay from their own pockets.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by Afam4eva(m): 12:04am On Oct 26, 2013
The idiocy in government is mind bugging. Why don't this government understand that Nigeria is a secular country and as such should not be erecting worship centers with state funds. Is the katsina government aware that there are Christians, traditional worshipers and atheists in the state? Governors just highlight their idiocy to the entire world and get away with it. This shows that some of our leaders have a medieval mentality riddled with quantum stupidity espoused by a religious over-zealousness. This is totally unacceptable.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by sheniqua: 12:13am On Oct 26, 2013
Katsina has a JSS enrollment rate of about 33% and is the second lowest in the North West zone; Jigawa has the lowest enrollment rate with 22%. Zamfara has the highest enrollment rate with 53%, Kebbi 43%, Kaduna 38%, Kano 34%. Of 21,389 pupils from Katsina State that sat for the 2012 University and Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), only 3767 scored 200 and above. It is clear that the state suffers a grave education deficit; the government has to channel its resources both financial and physical to training and re-training teachers and increasing school enrollment rates.

Found this online
In all good parameters katsina is always at the bottom and tops for the bad ones
It is time they refocused

1 Like

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by LMAyedun(m): 12:16am On Oct 26, 2013
Extravagant idea.

I think tribal & Religious issues are major in Nigeria problems.

No relationship between good Governance and Religion.
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by Ikengawo: 12:25am On Oct 26, 2013
2 bulletproof BMWs >>>>> 34 mosques
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by Brimmie(m): 12:29am On Oct 26, 2013
^^^

grin grin
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by Nobody: 1:52am On Oct 26, 2013
A pure waste of money!
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 26, 2013
It is wrong for government use tax payers' money to build mosque or church.

Peter Obi has been donating public funds to Catholic churches also in Anambra.
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 2:02am On Oct 26, 2013
sheniqua:

Then tell me why other PDP states in the south and middlebelt are not building Churches?

They may not build church.But tell me,who is buying jet for pastors?So get off or high horse.PDP is PDP.
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by Nobody: 2:04am On Oct 26, 2013
payless: It is wrong for government use tax payers' money to build mosque or church.

Peter Obi has been donating public funds to Catholic churches also in Anambra.
Obi's action is also wrong.
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by sheniqua: 2:14am On Oct 26, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish:
They may not build church.But tell me,who is buying jet for pastors?So get off or high horse.PDP is PDP.

Ibrahim
Right?
Why am I not surprised at the reasoning
If the illiteracy in your area doesn't affect us all take it from me nobody would care what you did with your state allocations

1 Like

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by sheniqua: 2:19am On Oct 26, 2013
Thanks Musiwa for gracing my thread
I am honored to have you here

1 Like

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by Nobody: 2:22am On Oct 26, 2013
sheniqua: Thanks Musiwa for gracing my thread
I am honored to have you here
cheesy grin grin
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by sheniqua: 2:34am On Oct 26, 2013
CFCfan:
cheesy grin grin

Why are you grinning
Musiwa and I go way back
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by musiwa112: 2:35am On Oct 26, 2013
The north are so mugu or mumu, they dont know Ngozi iweala have no right to collect taxes and level from them.

1 Like

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by talktimi(m): 4:21am On Oct 26, 2013
Religion is really the opium of the masses. Once the people arent distracted by religion, they start noticing the failings & inadequacies of their leaders.
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by sCun: 6:37am On Oct 26, 2013
Why not build industries and provide jobs for people with that money?

1 Like

Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by jamace(m): 6:38am On Oct 26, 2013
Hmn. Na wa for my country o shocked.
Re: Katsina To Build 34 Mosques With N359 Million by Kponkwem(m): 7:13am On Oct 26, 2013
The Katsina State government Wednesday awarded a N359.4 million contract for the construction of 34 Juma’at mosques in the state. Presenting certificates of the contract to the executors, Governor Ibrahim Shema said each mosque would cost the government N10. 5 million, and that they would be spread across the 34 local government areas of the state.
Shema said the gesture was part of the present administration’s efforts at improving the welfare of the people."

Tragedy of governance... Free oil money dispensed as wished by conquerors as war booty..smh

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Al-isti'adha: Seeking Protection From Satan / The Amazing Description Of Iron In Qur'an / Islam As The Religion Of Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.