Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,668 members, 7,959,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:22 AM

Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? (8413 Views)

Getting Chills And Goosebumbs When I Pray Or Worship God. Why? / Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by MaziOmenuko: 6:19am On Oct 28, 2013
runzlord: oga mazi u dey go church?

While God loves a cheerful giver; why wouldn't I go to church?

No let me vexx oh!
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by viski: 4:58pm On Oct 28, 2013
rattlesnake:
haba......christains are so ignorant...what do u mean by comparing praise or worship...did u attend bible school at alll?.....u are the type of person that believes worship is slow Music while praise is fast...IGNORANCE IN THE PEAK LEVEL.....this is why all dis atheist laugh at we xtains...PRAISING GOD IS ALSO WORSHIPING HIM...AND WORSHIPING GOD IS ALSO PRAISING HIM.....there is nothing like style..u can even use rap to worship God and use slow hymns to praise him....seems you dont know what u are doing in church...i advice you to become a Buddhist
You made a very good point, this is enlightening, we learn everyday, but you don't need to ABUSE and INSULT to get your point straight, let's all cultivate appropriate etiquette. Bear it in mind that whatever you type bears your signature.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by luckynas(m): 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
There is no difference, praise worship is actually one word, and has nothing to do with the tempo of the music fast or slow, u can sing a fast worship or slow praise. More importantly worship goes beyong singing or music but a life style. How u live and relate towards God and humanity,that is your worship!
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by eROCK247(m): 2:09am On Oct 29, 2013
Pls, i sincerely want to knw d difference btw "praise" n "worship" cos most times Dey're both done @ d same tym.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by goldtooth: 7:42am On Oct 29, 2013
rattlesnake:
haba......christains are so ignorant...what do u mean by comparing praise or worship...did u attend bible school at alll?.....u are the type of person that believes worship is slow Music while praise is fast...IGNORANCE IN THE PEAK LEVEL.....this is why all dis atheist laugh at we xtains...PRAISING GOD IS ALSO WORSHIPING HIM...AND WORSHIPING GOD IS ALSO PRAISING HIM.....there is nothing like style..u can even use rap to worship God and use slow hymns to praise him....seems you dont know what u are doing in church...i advice you to become a Buddhist
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by ikojo2(f): 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
Worship,its so touching
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by Tokotaya: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2013
Rattlesnake and all other too-knows, this forum is for Nigerians, and all true naija guys and babes here know what the OP is saying. So, quit the lecturing and answer the question.

As for me, it has to be praise. There are worship songs you have never heard, so you are there mumbling and swaying. But you understand most praise songs and even if you dont, you can always ignore the singing and give your dance offering.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by luckynas(m): 7:21pm On Oct 29, 2013
eROCK247: Pls, i sincerely want to knw d difference btw "praise" n "worship" cos most times Dey're both done @ d same tym.

There is no difference its a Nigerian thing when people try to call it praise and worship, praise worship is one and same and not necessarily about the music. U can worship God with your silience and or your service to God and humanity, in other words its a way of life. The time spent singing fast and slow songs is just a fraction of it.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by Miraclestar: 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2014
A lot has been said already about my comments but just to add. What really makes a song 'a worship' or 'a praise' is the lyrics. What the word says, is it praising God? Thanking Him for His Goodwill? Then that is Praise, Or is it extolling His virtues? Declaring His majesty? Telling about the things He can do? Then you know that's worship. But still to choose one, I'll chose worship, I so much love trying to describe His wonderfulness, calling Him sweet names. Though that doesnot make it preferable to praise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Satan Has Been Allowed To Be Worshipped Openly In Washington DC As A Brave Lady / Did The Catholic Church Give Us The Bible? / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Open Heavens 2012 Now Available On Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.