Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? (8311 Views)

Getting Chills And Goosebumbs When I Pray Or Worship God. Why? / Do We Really Need To Worship, Praise Or Thank God? / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by tobloj(m): 12:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
rattlesnake:
haba......christains are so ignorant...what do u mean by comparing praise or worship...did u attend bible school at alll?.....u are the type of person that believes worship is slow Music while praise is fast...IGNORANCE IN THE PEAK LEVEL.....this is why all dis atheist laugh at we xtains...PRAISING GOD IS ALSO WORSHIPING HIM...AND WORSHIPING GOD IS ALSO PRAISING HIM.....there is nothing like style..u can even use rap to worship God and use slow hymns to praise him....seems you dont know what u are doing in church...i advice you to become a Buddhist
y do u want 2 prove i too knw here. Evribody undastands dat. Wat d Op is tryin 2 ask whc session do we enjoy paz. Did u eva go 2 skul at all? If u went 2 a gud skul, dey would definitely teach u gns 101. We also av our 9ja english. N in diz our english, it is definitely different
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by hesinbergx(m): 12:14pm On Oct 27, 2013
the two
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by odehaj: 12:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
Who can tell me the distinct difference between PRAISE and WORSHIP? Any smart musician in the house?
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by newdeal(m): 12:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
From the answers here l am tempted to ask:
What constitute 'praise' and 'worship'?
To most modern day Christians, praise equals to fast tempo songs while worship refers to slow tempo songs.

Praising or worshipping God is all these and more and has nothing to do with personal preferences, you just yield yourself and flow at HIS behest.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by rattlesnake(m): 12:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
tobloj: y do u want 2 prove i too knw here. Evribody undastands dat. Wat d Op is tryin 2 ask whc session do we enjoy paz. Did u eva go 2 skul at all? If u went 2 a gud skul, dey would definitely teach u gns 101. We also av our 9ja english. N in diz our english, it is definitely different
instead of u to learn!!!!!...how does praise "session" differ from worship " session"...or u mean we have

$_SESSION['praise'] not equal
$_SESSION['worship']=$('heresy');
close religion();
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by skyscraperTM(m): 12:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
sweetestguy: oga, no be u talk say e don reach one decade wey u go church last..lol
mehn, see exaggeration. e neva reach one decade ooo! i dey talk of the time wen i bin dey church...dats some months back.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by Danlander(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
And whats d difference between praise nd worship?
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by buoye1(m): 12:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
I so much luv. Worship,but praise is also very important
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by odehaj: 12:58pm On Oct 27, 2013
Danlander: And whats d difference between praise nd worship?
Was
that how you passed your exams??
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by IamDavid(m): 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
rattlesnake:
haba......christains are so ignorant...what do u mean by comparing praise or worship...did u attend bible school at alll?.....u are the type of person that believes worship is slow Music while praise is fast...IGNORANCE IN THE PEAK LEVEL.....this is why all dis atheist laugh at we xtains...PRAISING GOD IS ALSO WORSHIPING HIM...AND WORSHIPING GOD IS ALSO PRAISING HIM.....there is nothing like style..u can even use rap to worship God and use slow hymns to praise him....seems you dont know what u are doing in church...i advice you to become a Buddhist
I don't know what I'm doing cos I prefer slow songs(that people refer to as worship) to fast ones? You must be joking. I'm sure you also prefer one to the others and who says rap is not acceptable?
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by guiddoti: 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
Na praise! Praise moves His presence and power.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by Coldfeet(f): 1:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
Both! depends on my mood. PRAISE is thanking God for what He has done WORSHIP is thanking Him for that which HE hasn't done but you know that HE will do cool.

PRAISE gets God nodding!
WORSHIP gets HIM thundering to the Angels what are you guys waiting for? Take this blessings to my Child asap! grin that's my view sha.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by Danlander(m): 1:24pm On Oct 27, 2013
odehaj: Was
that how you passed your exams??
oga lecturer am ready to learn
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by pyyxxaro: 1:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
NONE OF THE ABOVE sad
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by chucky234(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
Worship
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by AwesomeDaniel(m): 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
Praise all the way.. Kudos to the choir at Redeem- City of David.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by Perfecter4real(m): 1:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
I like but of them but worship moves me & make me cry.
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by kate85(f): 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2013
Both
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by chegson: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
Sapphire86: I prefer both but I feel they r 2 separate things for 2 separate purposes.

Praising God is all about thanking Him for what He is or has done

Worshiping God is glorifying the King of kings, Lord of lords, the One who is, who was and who is to come. Whether you have received the manifestation of ur request or not, you just want to adore Him, pay Him homage because from everlasting to everlasting He is!

Lord I just want to thank you for all you have done for me and also to praise your holy Name in appreciation of the wonderful things you are about to do again in my life. I shall for ever be grateful Unto you.

I really could go on because My God is awesome. I need not consult any other god because the Almighty God trumps them all!
Father I thank you!
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by callmehydee(m): 1:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
Worship all the way.....
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by rattlesnake(m): 1:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
IamDavid: I don't know what I'm doing cos I prefer slow songs(that people refer to as worship) to fast ones? You must be joking. I'm sure you also prefer one to the others and who says rap is not acceptable?
yes it is better to say i prefer slow songs to fast tempo songs...instead of saying prefer "WORSHIP" to "praise"
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by Challenge01(m): 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
Both
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by deic9(m): 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
@ratlesnake, u r wrong to have said praise and worship r d same. praise or worship is not neccesarily singing. but u should know that:
Worship is the act of feeling adoration or homage while praise is expressing approval and commendation of applaud. Excessive of ardent adoration is usually associated with worship while commendation directed towards a person is praise by itself. Christians feel that praise is part of worship of the Almighty God.
Half of the things that pass for worship are not really worship in the church, because if real worship hits the church, the musicians cant play, the ushers can’t usher, the Deacons can’t be Deacons. It’s something that you do out of your belly, out of your heart, out of your spirit.

The difference between praise and worship: Anybody can praise God; in fact everybody ought to praise God. The bible says let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Anybody can praise God because when you praise God you start praising "Lord I thank You for giving me shoes, I thank You for giving me a suit, I thank You for how You gave me my job, I thank You for how You blessed me with a car, I thank You for how You brought me through college, I thank You for how You helped me in my career. All of that is Praise, praise thanks God for what He did.

The praiser is thanking God for his shoes, the worshiper says if I don’t have no shoes, if I don’t have no car, if I don’t have any house, if I never get anything, I worship You for who You are, I worship You because You are God, You don’t have to perform, You don’t have to impress me, You don’t have to play Santa Claus but just because You are God, You mean so much to me, I’ll tear up my face and cry, I’ll mess up my make-up and cry, ill shag down my hair and cry, oh You are so valuable, your presence is valuable, your love is valuable, your peace is valuable. I just wanna be alone so I can worship you…

Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by yunglykmine(m): 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
I don't speak Ibo, right, but I'm quite sure that the thing that comes after "aka marama" is not "kangaroo."

I don't knw whatz wrong with my church members...
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by iamdsam: 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2013
Praise or worship I thought these words are synonymous undecided
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by russianmob27: 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
whats the difference blyat
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by bengoodcreature: 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
Honestly i can not do anyday without praise, it gives me joy
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by Evansff(f): 2:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
As d spirit leads!
Re: Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? by Rejoice5000(f): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2013
Both cos spirit of God is present in both praise ad worship.

7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities / How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? / Don't Imitate Celebrities When You Want To Do Charitable Deeds