Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,611 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Will Smokers Make Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Smokers Make Heaven? (4089 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Can A Good Atheist Make Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Smokers Make Heaven? by lastmessenger: 8:55am On Oct 27, 2013
I have been reading a book by smith wigglesworth titled the power of faith and really it is an interesting book.there is this story told by the man of God about a woman who was dying and was devinely healed after he prayed for her.The woman having experienced the power of God,decided to give her life to christ.the woman asked the man of God if she could still smoke and drink a little now that she is a born again.the man of God told her that she could smoke as much and she want.the woman went home and didnt continue smoking.
My pastor in Jos went to the church building site and met some young men smoking weed.so he engaged them in a conversation about God and Jesus christ.these guys gave their lifes to christ and said the confession prayer while still holding their weed(not smoking it).so the pastor thanked them for their time and was about to leave when one of them started quenching his weed.so the pastor told him not to quench it but to enjoy the rest of the weed.my pastor said that though smoking aint a sin but that if the guy gets filled with the holy ghost, he would quit smoking.
One popular pastor here in the east said simply and i quote 'that you smoked a ciga and drank a bottle of beer does not mean God will send you to hell fire'
All these got me confused because i have always believed that smokers are going to hell but the above seems to contradict my believing.fellow christains what do u think about smoking?
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 27, 2013
Why do you think smoking's a sin?
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by Afrocatalyst: 9:13am On Oct 27, 2013
aManFromMars: Why do you think smoking's a sin?
help me ask him o. Babies drinking milk.
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by SalC: 9:26am On Oct 27, 2013
I don't believe smoking is preventing anyone from entering heaven but the motive or reason why you smoke can. Some people smoke for different reasons but the only reason why I personally detest smoking is because it's detrimental the one's health. St paul said " am permitted to do anything, but I won't let anything make me it's slave" It doesn't hurt to stop smoking but it hurts to keep it up.

I don't support the pastors encouraging people to keep smoking.
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by italo: 9:34am On Oct 27, 2013
On point!

Sal C: I don't believe smoking is preventing anyone from entering heaven but the motive or reason why you smoke can. Some people smoke for different reasons but the only reason why I personally detest smoking is because it's detrimental the one's health. St paul said " am permitted to do anything, but I won't let anything make me it's slave" It doesn't hurt to stop smoking but it hurts to keep it up.

Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by Enegod(m): 9:37am On Oct 27, 2013
smoking weed is illegal and its a sin bcoz Christians are supposed to
obey the law....
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by fasho01(m): 10:20am On Oct 27, 2013
Smoking is NOT a sin bt it is NOT good for the health. #Sal C nailed d question.
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 27, 2013
Enegod: smoking weed is illegal and its a sin bcoz Christians are supposed to
obey the law....

And when there's a law not to practice Christianity, what would you do? undecided
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 27, 2013
Sal C: I don't believe smoking is preventing anyone from entering heaven but the motive or reason why you smoke can. Some people smoke for different reasons but the only reason why I personally detest smoking is because it's detrimental the one's health. St paul said " am permitted to do anything, but I won't let anything make me it's slave" It doesn't hurt to stop smoking but it hurts to keep it up.

On point.
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by italo: 11:14am On Oct 27, 2013
aManFromMars:

And when there's a law not to practice Christianity, what would you do? undecided

That, we would call, a perversion of law, not law.

We would be right to practice anyway.
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by vickyjay2407(m): 11:17am On Oct 27, 2013
Smoking is a bad habit, just like chewing gums. However; its not sinful.
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 27, 2013
I use to think that smoking's a sin!

My reason: Though I know its not written in d bible, but I often make reference to d passage that says; our body is the temple of the Holy spirit! So if my body is God's temple and scientists say smoking is not good for my health; having known this, then why would I want to give God's temple something I know would damage his temple?

I later realised its not a sin when I went for confession as a catholic. I had confessed smoking cigarettes, when the Rev. Father told me it wasn't a sin, but advised I quit, because of d damages it poses on me!

Smoking is very easy to start, but HARD to stop, but with prayers and determination, one can surely stop!

Cigarette smoke contains over 4000 chemicals and 69 of these are known to cause cancer. Some of dangerous gases like CO, carbon monoxide reduces the amount of oxygen taken up by a person's red blood cell(RBC), HCN hydrogen cyanide, the poison used in gas chambers during World War ll, metals like Arsenic(As), white ant poison, it affects the CNS and can cause mental disorder(not necessarily madness, but your reasoning would be impaired, Cadmium (Cd), used in car batteries, Lead(Pb) causes Anaemia and destroys the RBC, to mention but a few! These gases n metals, impair the functioning of the pulmonary system, which could lead to cancer, then finally death!

You can't possibly give the temple of God the above! And perhaps, you wouldn't want to die before your time!

Whether its a sin or not, its dangerous to the health of the smoker!

2 Likes

Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by made2fit(f): 12:56pm On Oct 27, 2013
Your pastor is right. Once a Christian is spirit-filled, there'll come a time when he will voluntary give it up himself. No one needs to tell him.Christianity is not a religion. It isn't a system of rules, regulations and laws. Christianity is a way of life, we are to be led by the spirit. However, it is a bad habit coz its addictive and our body shouldn't be the one controlling our spirit.

3 Likes

Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by lastmessenger: 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
Afrocatalyst:
help me ask him o. Babies drinking milk.
i believe you know everything
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by lastmessenger: 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
made2fit: Your pastor is right. Once a Christian is spirit-filled, there'll come a time when he will voluntary give it up himself. No one needs to tell him.Christianity is not a religion. It isn't a system of rules, regulations and laws. Christianity is a way of life, we are to be led by the spirit. However, it is a bad habit coz its addictive and our body shouldn't be the one controlling our spirit.
good point
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by bizmahn: 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2013
1 Corin.6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Corinthians 3:17
King James Version (KJV)
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1 thess. 5:22 :-Abstain from all appearance of evil.

There are things God will only show to those that take Him seriously.Question: Will Jesus smoke where He to be in our time?As a christian you are called by God to be the Jesus of our time by examplary lifestyle.What moral examples do you show by smoking if you be a christian?
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by bizmahn: 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2013
nawaooo: I use to think that smoking's a sin!

My reason: Though I know its not written in d bible, but I often make reference to d passage that says; our body is the temple of the Holy spirit! So if my body is God's temple and scientists say smoking is not good for my health; having known this, then why would I want to give God's temple something I know would damage his temple?

I later realised its not a sin when I went for confession as a catholic. I had confessed smoking cigarettes, when the Rev. Father told me it wasn't a sin, but advised I quit, because of d damages it poses on me!

Smoking is very easy to start, but HARD to stop, but with prayers and determination, one can surely stop!

Cigarette smoke contains over 4000 chemicals and 69 of these are known to cause cancer. Some of dangerous gases like CO, carbon monoxide reduces the amount of oxygen taken up by a person's red blood cell(RBC), HCN hydrogen cyanide, the poison used in gas chambers during World War ll, metals like Arsenic(As), white ant poison, it affects the CNS and can cause mental disorder(not necessarily madness, but your reasoning would be impaired, Cadmium (Cd), used in car batteries, Lead(Pb) causes Anaemia and destroys the RBC, to mention but a few! These gases n metals, impair the functioning of the pulmonary system, which could lead to cancer, then finally death!

You can't possibly give the temple of God the above! And perhaps, you wouldn't want to die before your time!

Whether its a sin or not, its dangerous to the health of the smoker!
Your reverend father was totally wrong.By your very expository post on smoking you have enough reasons to know the act is an outright sin.
1 Corinthians 3:17 (KJV)
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by God2man(m): 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
NO.

I don't think you need a Bible verse to instruct you that smokers are liable to die young.

The answer is still a big NO.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by lastmessenger: 8:33pm On Oct 27, 2013
bizmahn: 1 Corin.6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Corinthians 3:17
King James Version (KJV)
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1 thess. 5:22 :-Abstain from all appearance of evil.

There are things God will only show to those that take Him seriously.Question: Will Jesus smoke where He to be in our time?As a christian you are called by God to be the Jesus of our time by examplary lifestyle.What moral examples do you show by smoking if you be a christian?
another good point
Re: Will Smokers Make Heaven? by reyvape: 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hello, i will advise you to get nicotine gums and an ecigarette that contains a significant amount of nicotine to help him quit smoking.You can aslo get,rolling papers, vaporizers, shisha and other cool stuff. you can check on [url]reyvape.com[/url] , nigeria number one smoking accessories store

(1) (Reply)

Pray For Israel! / I NEED AN ANSWER CHRISTIANS! I NEED AN ANSWER! / Photo News : Pastor Paul Enenche And President Jonathan At New Year Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.