Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,891 members, 7,810,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? (3135 Views)

Did TB Joshua Prophesy Bristow Crash Last Sunday? / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? / Oyedepo: The Church Last Paid Me In 1987 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 27, 2013
We go to church every sunday to receive the words of God and be free from sin. Most atimes, we just forget about what was preached in the church immediately we left the church premises thereby going back to our former sinful state.

The question is, like what was preached in your church last sunday, did you put it in your daily practices throughout the week?

Dont forget this is what we're urged to do.
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by J0nyb0y(m): 9:36am On Oct 27, 2013
if only i rememberd what was taught

3 Likes

Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 27, 2013
angry

1 Like

Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by nnocurruption: 10:08am On Oct 27, 2013
Add me on bbm girl only 7C6DB719
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by DJDOLA(m): 10:09am On Oct 27, 2013
Yes my gf do practice it
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 10:11am On Oct 27, 2013
Make I manage dis 5th position. At post, yes I do.
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by everyday: 10:12am On Oct 27, 2013
Most people dont
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by legendsilver(m): 10:15am On Oct 27, 2013
Abeg, shey d preacher, pastor, imam or d person wen preach d message too practice am? Dis shld b d question @OP not d other way round. Tans
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by bigtt76(f): 10:19am On Oct 27, 2013
How do you practise what they preached when it was all about prosperity and giving to the 'church'?

3 Likes

Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by Tonniey(m): 10:19am On Oct 27, 2013
[quote author=legendsilver]Abeg, shey d preacher, pastor, imam or d person wen preach d message too practice am? Dis shld b d question @OP not d other way round. Tans[/quote
The question was directed to you, not the preacher.. Heaven and hell na individual option!
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by Aromas: 10:20am On Oct 27, 2013
legendsilver: Abeg, shey d preacher, pastor, imam or d person wen preach d message too practice am? Dis shld b d question @OP not d other way round. Tans

The question is DID YOU FOLLOW WHAT THEY PREACHE TO YOU?
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by phiszo(m): 10:21am On Oct 27, 2013
most Nigerians don't practice what they preach.
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by legendsilver(m): 10:22am On Oct 27, 2013
[quote author=Tonniey][/quote] dats was wat am saying dude, it would av been d other way round, period undecided
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by legendsilver(m): 10:27am On Oct 27, 2013
Aromas:

The question is DID YOU FOLLOW WHAT THEY PREACHE TO YOU?
digest my comment 1st b4 asking me
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by Aromas: 10:30am On Oct 27, 2013
legendsilver: digest my comment 1st b4 asking me

OK SIR
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by tboy2k4: 10:31am On Oct 27, 2013
The preacher talked about Gen 1, after God had created the earth, Verse 2. The Earth was without form and void and plenty darkness. However, when God stepped in, He didn't confess the issue (which was evident). He spoke what he wanted to see and the words caused the change he desired and he Himself confirmed it was good. Lesson learnt: as a child of God, face whatever represents a challenge/darkness in your light and speak the right words in faith to counter the negative situation. Of course, you also need to ACT positively where required. Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Speak/choose wisely what you say as it determines what you experience. I've been implementing this and I believe my positive experiences will follow accordingly.
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by skyscraperTM(m): 10:34am On Oct 27, 2013
I've not been to church for over a month, so this thread is not for me. **exit**

1 Like

Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by mmmustapha(m): 10:34am On Oct 27, 2013
People killin', people dyin' Children hurt and you hear them cryin' Can you practise what you preach And would you turn the other cheek Lord, Lord, Lord help us
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by Pattey(m): 10:42am On Oct 27, 2013
NB: As applicable to Nigeria/Nigerians

Question: Practicing what is preached in church

Answers: Paying tithes and offering; mostly, Yes

Acting in accordance to morals; Mostly No!

As religious as Nigeria is, If Nigerians acted according to the words they hear not just on Sundays but on Fridays (and other coded times), will Nigeria still be this morally bankrupt? I think not.

Can I summarize by saying no-one "really" follows what is preached; at least not usually beyond the 1st few days after the preaching. Ok, MOST do not!

You're in church and waiting for service to end so you can corner the new chick and start a "brotherly chat", what can you practice from the sermon when you've started plotting your next adventure. . . Right under God's nose! cheesy
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by AbuMikey(m): 10:54am On Oct 27, 2013

If only I can remember without checking last week's bulletin grin

Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by made2fit(f): 10:56am On Oct 27, 2013
Depends on the message. Some messages are revelational, teachings that builds ur spirit man up. They cannot be physically practiced. Besides, you may not always remember what was preached. Afterall God's word is food to our spirit man, it nourishes it. Do you remember what you ate 3days ago?

1 Like

Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by sweetestguy(m): 11:42am On Oct 27, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
I've not been to church for over a month, so this thread is not for me. **exit**
and I thought I was d only one....bros I hail, we're in d same shoes
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by skyscraperTM(m): 11:48am On Oct 27, 2013
sweetestguy: and I thought I was d only one....bros I hail, we're in d same shoes
we plenty o! church mata dis days get k-leg. . .
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by skyscraperTM(m): 11:50am On Oct 27, 2013
How can we practise what was preached when the preacher men don't practice what they preached. Bunch of hypocrite!
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by stantob(m): 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
No. But I will strive to this time, God helping me.
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by Jovanna(f): 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
Teach the word, preach the word and live the word. . . We must practicalised the word of God in our every day life @topic it only take d grace of God o, for instance he preached on giving nd in d weekdays sumtin apen i get 50naira 4 hand i wan use am chop 4 morning nd i no get hope say i go c money chop 4 noon time nd sumbdy con beg me say make i give am 20naira out of dat 50, it will be very difficult to give out d money though ve heard preaching abt giving d previous sunday so it takes d grace of God! May God help us all
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by iamdsam: 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
I nor dey go church but I dey practice the right thing. Many people going to church today are just going just for going sake. They don't practice what they teach them. They're hypocrites who what you to practice what they don't
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by precioussage(m): 2:51pm On Oct 27, 2013
mmmustapha: People killin', people dyin' Children hurt and you hear them cryin' Can you practise what you preach And would you turn the other cheek Lord, Lord, Lord help us
black eye piece. . I love dz song
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by khattab02: 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
You're in church and waiting for service to end so you can corner the new chick and start a "brotherly chat", what can you practice from the sermon when you've started plotting your next adventure. . . Right under God's nose! cheesy[/quote] hahaha..lol.. U go fear mind set na!
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by Originalsly: 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2013
I tried...but my conscience didn't allow me....it just didn't allow me to squeeze money out of struggling people.
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by 4reigningqueen: 4:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
i dont know!
Re: Did You Practice What Was Preached In The Church Last Sunday? by tlops(m): 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
When I was younger I learnt to do my assignments in school so I can have time for other things at home. Same applies!

lol! i dey try change.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God / Why Do Christians Lack / Female Trousers: What If You Are Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.