Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God (3146 Views)

Everything We Have Today In Science Cannot Work If The Earth Is Truly 6000years. / New Technology But Evil / Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by BackllGodNaija: 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
Some May Trust In Science, Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God

This topic might sound familiar to some old timers who are acquainted with one of the most popular songs of world renowned gospel artist Bob Fitts which goes like this:

Some may trust in horses,
some may trust in chariots,
but we will trust in the name of our God...

So it's just a rephrase of the original song lyrics, however the concept remains the same. Not trusting in 'horses or chariots' doesn't mean 'we' don't use 'horses or chariots'...Yes we may use 'horses and chariots' to serve their purposes in our lives, but WE DON'T TRUST IN THEM as some do! That's the difference. We put our trust in the Lord our God who Created them all.

The same applies to science and technology...we don't put our trust in them even though we use them, because we view them merely as servants which are meant to serve their respective purposes in our lives.

Our trust is in the Lord our God, the Creator of the heavens and the Earth and everything in it, which is what science actually learns from. So when science fails, we don't get stranded and hopeless as those who put their trust in science, because our hopes and trust transcends beyond the scope of fallible science unto the Lord our God who never fails.

Psalms 20:7 (KJV)
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
Between religion and science which has made efforts to improve the living conditions of mankind and preservation of life?
Religion has contributed nothing meaningful since the 18th century.

14 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by BackllGodNaija: 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:
Between religion and science which has made efforts to improve the living conditions of mankind and preservation of life?

The more you see, the less you understand...

LordReed:
How come you are using a piece of technology to post these things? Why don't you just pray to god and have your posts appear on Nairaland? You don't trust your god enough to do that? Or your god won't listen to you or doesn't have the power to make posts appear without technology?

I can see a high level of ignorance being displayed on this thread by people who claim to be knowledgeable.

Just like asking me, how come you use fire to cook or water to bath, or tissue to wipe dirt because I said I don't trust in them...does that make sense to you? Science is no different if you cared to give heed to anything I said in the OP because it's just a servant as they all are. I use it to serve its purpose period. Not to put all my hopes and trust in it as my master, lord and savior as y'all do. That's why it can't fail me because my trust is not in fallible science but in God who has never and can never fail!

Meanwhile you guys can continue liking and sharing foolishness and ignorance, if it makes you feel accomplished.

3 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by LordReed(m): 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
How come you are using a piece of technology to post these things? Why don't you just pray to god and have your posts appear on Nairaland? You don't trust your god enough to do that? Or your god won't listen to you or doesn't have the power to make posts appear without technology?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by festwiz(m): 5:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
I hope you wrote this dumb epistle using the holy smartphone made by your god? Oh wait, no. He can't do shit .

8 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Origin(f): 7:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
Most people do not understand that the main body of science and some other subjects comes from God's books.

It is often our interpretation that limits the body of knowledge derived from God's books.

You trying to seperate science from religion or religion from science seems odd. Religious men have had great impact in science

1 Like

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by LordReed(m): 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
Origin:
Most people do not understand that the main body of science and some other subjects comes from God's books.

This is an out right falsehood. People have been doing science before your Bible was even dreamed about.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Religion has caused much more pains than technology

6 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
LordReed:

grin grin

LOL

He knows he needs the tech....just like some Muslims who burned televisions because they were evil, but they used cameras to snap the burning

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
festwiz:
I hope you wrote this dumb epistle using the holy smartphone made by your god? Oh wait, no. He can't do shit .

Aswrrrr

1 Like

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by OtemAtum: 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2020
LordReed:
Why are you saying that he should use religious prayer to make his post appear on nairaland? Nairaland is a scientific invention, therefore he should make his posts appear on a rock or on the surface of water rather than on a scientific invention.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by LordReed(m): 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
OtemAtum:

Why are you saying that he should use religious prayer to make his post appear on nairaland? Nairaland is a scientific invention, therefore he should make his posts appear on a rock or on the surface of water rather than on a scientific invention.

True. Even better, they should just appear in the sky so everyone can read them and know not to trust in technology.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by LordReed(m): 8:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
Xavfra:

grin grin

LOL

He knows he needs the tech....just like some Muslims who burned televisions because they were evil, but they used cameras to snap the burning

LoLz!

2 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by MJBOLT: 8:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
this thread funny die

1 Like

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by MJBOLT: 8:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by BackllGodNaija: 9:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Origin:

It is often our interpretation that limits the body of knowledge derived from God's books.

You trying to seperate science from religion or religion from science seems odd. Religious men have had great impact in science
I agree with you on that...science actually learns from Most High's school. The keyword here is "trust". Only God should be trusted...not science or anything else. It's utterly foolish to do so. Thanks
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2020
Xavfra:

Religion has caused much more pains than technology
Very true, but these religious bigots won't admit that fact.

5 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by LordReed(m): 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
It's utterly foolish to do so.

Says the man who doesn't trust god to post what he wrote on NL but instead implicitly trusts his device, his ISP, the routers and other internet paraphernalia used to deliver his message which are all products of technology.

6 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by CAPSLOCKED: 9:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
SAYS THE MAN WHO RUNS TO A HOSPITAL INSTEAD OF HIS CHURCH WHENEVER HE'S DYING.

TELL ME. THE FOOD WE EAT, THE CLOTHES WE WEAR, THE CARS, PHONES, MACHINES AND EVERYTHING WE DEPEND ON IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW.. DID THEY COME FROM GOD OR FROM SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY?

OH SHĮT. I ALMOST FORGOT THAT IT'S GOD THAT GAVE SCIENTISTS AND ENGINEERS THE BRAIN TO WORK WITH SO YOU WIN ANYWAY.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Very true, but these religious bigots won't admit that fact.

Instead of helping people, it made them more scared and separate from people.....

During the world wars, we had religious leaders on the German side praying for the success of Germany, on the allied forces side, we also had the same religious people and worst still of the same faith praying for their success

3 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by BackllGodNaija: 10:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
LordReed:

Says the man who doesn't trust god to post what he wrote on NL but instead implicitly trusts his device, his ISP, the routers and other internet paraphernalia used to deliver his message which are all products of technology.
Lolz... I'm sure you need put your trust in fire to use it to cook. You need to put your trust in tissue paper to use it wipe your bum. You need to put your trust in your dust bin to use it gather your refuse. Very ridiculous I must say. Science is no different. It's just a servant! Nothing more.
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by OtemAtum: 10:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
LordReed:

True. Even better, they should just appear in the sky so everyone can read them and know not to trust in technology.
Science can write in the sky, let religion do theirs grin

1 Like

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Sabr1na(f): 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2020
LordReed:

LordReed come, on a serious note, when these christians open their mouths, what are they actually thinking? Sometimes when I hear these people talk, it's hard to believe I once had their kind of reasoning. They apply zero logic. They don't care to make sense. Making sense is the least of their worries. Infact when it comes to religion, they detest people who are too brilliant for their tastes and view people who intelligently criticize their beliefs as villains no matter how much you point out the absurdity of their position.

It's a pity that a lot of people will end up living miserable lives and end up dying for nothing. Instead of making significant impact on their lives and the lives of people around them, they devote their short time on Earth constantly trying to please an abusive parent that they've never seen. Imagine!

I almost can't stand to hear them talk, but at the same time, I truly pity their situation.

Oh well, it is what it is, I guess.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by LordReed(m): 11:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Lolz... I'm sure you need put your trust in fire to use it to cook. You need to put your trust in tissue paper to use it wipe your bum. You need to put your trust in your dust bin to use it gather your refuse. Very ridiculous I must say. Science is no different. It's just a servant! Nothing more.

The ridiculous one is the one who gets servants he doesn't trust.

1 Like

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by LordReed(m): 11:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
Sabr1na:

LordReed come, on a serious note, when these christians open their mouths, what are they actually thinking? Sometimes when I hear these people talk, it's hard to believe I once had their kind of reasoning. They apply zero logic. They don't care to make sense. Making sense is the least of their worries. Infact when it comes to religion, they detest people who are too brilliant for their tastes and view people who intelligently criticize their beliefs as villains no matter how much you point out the absurdity of their position.

It's a pity that a lot of people will end up living miserable lives and end up dying for nothing. Instead of making significant impact on their lives and the lives of people around them, they devote their short time on Earth constantly trying to please an abusive parent that they've never seen. Imagine!

I almost can't stand to hear them talk, but at the same time, I truly pity their situation.

Oh well, it is what it is, I guess.

I am in the same boat, I cringe to think I once thought they way they do. Constantly attempting to connect dots into a fanciful picture, not knowing it was all rubbish. Its a pity and they do have my sympathies.

6 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by LordReed(m): 11:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
OtemAtum:
Science can write in the sky, let religion do theirs grin

LMFAO! You no wan give dem breathing space sha. Bwahahahahaha!

6 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by Martinez39s(m): 11:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
Liar. You wouldn't depend on science if you didn't trust it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by TimeTraveler369: 11:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
Science, Technology and Religion are all searching for the same things; God and the True Nature of the Universe. The confusion is the nature. Without knowing the nature of that, which you seek, is the dilemma of Science, Technology and Religion.

All I can say is that Science invents technology, and technology rules over Science. Religions are just mind control programs.

As for God - look within. You are a host for Spirit. You are Avatar in a Timed Space simulation. We are keeping ourselves busy in an eternal movie.

3 Likes

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by yungchop: 1:14am On Jul 06, 2020
Comments for here dey make me laugh I swear. grin grin

La Ilaha Ilalahu Mohammadu Rosulilahi Salalahu Alahi Wa Salam.

It's about choices, I chose Islam. smiley

1 Like

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by delkuf(m): 1:31am On Jul 06, 2020
it torches my heart when people tag Christianity as religion. I can really think that someone with be so ignorant to think that Christianity is part of religion. And the Christian here on nl can never really explain Christianity is to other if they keep thinking that Christianity is part of religion.

1 Like

Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by BackllGodNaija: 1:39am On Jul 06, 2020
LordReed:

The ridiculous one is the one who gets servants he doesn't trust.
As long as they serve their respective purposes...why must I trust them? Many Kings have servants they don't trust. Many employers have workers they don't trust. When they do their job what's the need of trusting them? It's just like saying I would put my hand or enter into fire because it does its job of cooking well. Fire is a very good servant but the worst master anyone could possibly have. When servants as such are made masters, destruction becomes the order of the day.
Re: Some May Trust In Science,Some May Trust In Technology, But We Will Trust In God by LordReed(m): 7:33am On Jul 06, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
As long as they serve their respective purposes...why must I trust them? Many Kings have servants they don't trust. Many employers have workers they don't trust. When they do their job what's the need of trusting them? It's just like saying I would put my hand or enter into fire because it does its job of cooking well. Fire is a very good servant but the worst master anyone could possibly have. When servants as such are made masters, destruction becomes the order of the day.

Recall for us what happened to the baker and cupbearer that Pharaoh no longer trusted in your book of stories.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Would U Do If Tomorrow Was The End Of The World? / POST BIBLE VERSES HERE, feel free to explain them. / The TRUE Meanings Of The Visions In The Book Of Revelation EXPLAINED!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.