Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Is There Any Ethnic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There Any Ethnic (3355 Views)

KIRIJI : The World's Longest Civil War By Any Ethnic Group / Moderators Please Ban Any Ethnic Induced Thread / Inter-ethnic Marriages Or NYSC Which Can Promote National Integration Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Midastouch1: 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: We, the Igbos, have dwelled harmoniously with our hosts wherever we go all over the world. That's why we are found everywhere and that's why they are always willing to throw their gates open for us to enter. We bring with us our God-given prosperity and wisdom everywhere we go.

In Indonesia, Malaysia, China, SA?

Are these examples of the God-given prosperity and wisdom you share all over the world?

Today, it has been reported on this same site, though on another thread (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-439215.0.html ) that the underlisted, ALL OF THEM IGBOS, are either awaiting execution or serving life jail sentences in Indonesia. Are you guys now willing to repent and swallow your words?

1. Kingsley Okonkwo
2. Michael Titus Igwe (Real name-Izuchukwu F. Ezimoha)
3. Uchenna Cajethan Onyenworo
4. Ekperedike S. Olekama,
5. Adam Wilson (real name-Emmanuel Okari)
6. Hillary K. Chimezie
7. Eugene Ape
8. Humphery Ejike
9. Okwudili Ayotaeze
10. Obinna Nwajiagu
11. Daniel Enemuo
12. Fredrick Lutter (Real name-Benjamin Obiora)
13. Sylvester Nwaolisa
14. Gabriel Nnadi
15. Dennis Anumona
16. Ikenna Ezenwune
17. Stephen Rashid
18. Joseph Ndaba
19. Ken Michael
20. Obinna George

=================================================================================

SHENZHEN: A Nigerian man received the death penalty Tuesday in Dongguan, Guangdong province, after being convicted of drug trafficking. Experts say it is the first case in the southern manufacturing city in which a foreigner has received a death sentence for drug trafficking.

His sentence was handed down from the Guangdong Higher People's Court. The execution still needs the review and final approval of the Supreme People's Court.

Osonwa Okey Noberts, 37, was found trading nearly 6 kg drugs to Chinese drug dealers at his rented apartment in Baiyun district of Guangzhou from February to April 2008, according to the investigation.

"Osonwa Okey Noberts took the drugs from the suppliers and sold them to the lower-tier buyers in China. The amount of heroin reached 5,978.1 grams. He deserves the most severe punishment," said a press release by the Intermediate People's Court of Dongguan, where the final verdict was announced.

Zhang Dongxiang, the 27-year-old Chinese girlfriend of Noberts, received a death sentence with a two-year reprieve for assisting the illegal trade.

They lived together starting in July 2007 but when she discovered almost six months later that the Nigerian was trafficking drugs, she rented another room next to their apartment to facilitate the trading and provided necessary help.

Two other Chinese drug dealers, Wu Xianjun and Jiang Xuzhi, also received death sentences with two-year reprieves for drug trafficking and employing people for the illegal activities. Policemen found guns and bullets in their homes when they were arrested in April 2008.

The Guangdong Higher People's Court upheld the convictions of the first trial at the Dongguan Intermediate People's Court in June last year but reduced the sentences on four of the convicts after taking into consideration their appeals, the report said.

According to China's criminal law, trafficking of more than 50 grams of heroin can warrant the death penalty.

Official statistics showed that drug trafficking by foreigners is becoming rampant in Guangdong.

Four foreigners, along with five other suspects, have been in custody since they were caught in Shenzhen for allegedly smuggling 144.5 kg of heroin from Pakistan in September 2009.

The Guangzhou Intermediate People's Court heard eight drug-trafficking cases, involving nine Africans, were involved, in November 2008. Eight received a stay of execution, while the ninth person was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Source:China Daily (http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90777/90855/6915525.html )

Whenever you hear this kind of news, before you hear the name of the perpetrator, one can always bet it's an Igbo name. Why is this very very predominant amongst the Igbos lads and lasses. Traditionally, I respect the Igbos for their industriousness and creativity, but what's happening these days?

Who's Who in the Drug Peddling Hall of Shame.

1. Osonwa Okey Noberts, 37-year- old man (http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90777/90855/6915525.html )

2. Ngozi Eneh, a 36-year-old mother of three (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8239390.stm )

3. Vivian Chioma Metu, a 39-year-old woman (http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/03/25/woman-39-conceals-1-5kg-of-heroine-inside-hair/ )

4. Stanley Nwanne Igbokaeze, a 47-year- old man (DOB 30 09 61) (http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2009/july/nigerian-man-charged-in-drugs )

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by EzePromoe: 6:43pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ile-Ife:

So, you people read minds now. Who is captain Dele? grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1482435/entry-ethiopian-airlines-into-enugu
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by atlwireles: 6:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
For the so-called committee to be credible, there should also be an investigation into:

1. The Liquidation of Nigeria Airways

2. . The Virgin Atlantic/Air Nigeria saga

"They want Stella hanged for bogus crimes cooked up by a faceless online website; sahara-reporters. They tried to blame her for Agagu plane crash,but forensic report showed the pilots were arguing because one pilot told the other not to take off because of warning lights on the plane showing the plane was not fit to fly. So now they cooked up another story about her buying BMW for herself.
But they and their people won't let EFCC or other constitutionally mandated federal agencies to investigate the bogus allegation if there was truly any corrupt enrichment on the part of the minister in the said procurement of bullet proof vehicles, a deal she did not even sign!

Do not be deceived by their antics, Hon. Stella Oduah's true crime is that she dared to improve the aviation sector which people from a certain section of the country have bastardized and choked in a strangle hold.

Those tribalist people in their malicious plot against Nigeria had killed Nigeria Airways and killed Air Nigeria. Those people from a certain section of the country frustrated the deal with Virgin Atlantic. All these was done to maintain the strangle hold monopoly to compel all foreign airlines to only use Lagos airport as only point of entry into Nigeria.

Recall that it took heaven and earth to allow Lufthansa & Air France to fly into Port Harcourt, inspite of PH hosting our oil industry. The previous yoruba aviation ministers had strangely insisted that Lufthansa and Air France end their international flight at Lagos airport and the bulk of the passengers who are international oil workers and expatriates can use local airlines to fly into Port Harcourt Intl. !

It took the intervention of the Niger Delta militants that exposed the ultimate yoruba plot to move the oil industry based in Port Harcourt to Lagos, for those evil men to drop their plot to kill PH International airport and the oil industry it serves because they believed it would threaten Lagos airport's viability.
Their compromise was that flights must first come to Lagos airport before it is allowed to take international oil workers PH intl. airport. A senseless process that still makes flying to PH international from Europe a very very expensive enterprise. Indeed, the long protocol of getting to Port Harcourt have forced international oil companies to maintain a Lagos office for operational reasons of dealing with international VIP investors who do not physically need to be subjected to the stress of first shuttling around Nigeria just to get to Port Harcourt.

Princess Stella Oduah had not only worked against all their obstacles and subterfuge to achieve President Jonathan's pledge to finally upgrade the Akanu Ibiam Intl. Airport,Enugu into a true international airport, but also she threatened their monopoly by the planned introduction of a new National carrier ! For this, she must be given a bad name in order to be hanged. Poor useless people that imagine other Nigerians are so dumb to see through their pretenses and wicked plot." - Anon

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: We, the Igbos, have dwelled harmoniously with our hosts wherever we go all over the world. That's why we are found everywhere and that's why they are always willing to throw their gates open for us to enter. We bring with us our God-given prosperity and wisdom everywhere we go.
Pls, respond to my post and stop chest beating like a ho.rny silver-back gorilla.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by JMOI: 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
Yoruba gang busted in the US
Nchara: Nigerian (SW) criminal gangs busted yet again

http://naijanet.com/news/source/2009/sep/9/1000.html
Naijanet.com

Posted Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota: 11 Nigerians face federal charges for credit card scam

BOB VON STERNBERG

Eleven people have been charged in federal court in the Twin Cities with fraud for a counterfeit credit card scam that allegedly netted them more than $650,000.

The defendants were charged last week with using the bogus cards to withdraw the cash from more than 170 automatic teller machines in the metro area.

According to the criminal complaint filed last week in U.S. District Court, the defendants obtained personal information about customers of Capital One Bank from an online source based in the Ukraine.

With the stolen information in hand, the defendants allegedly manufactured the counterfeit cards with that information. They were then able to obtain new personal ID numbers from the bank which allowed them to withdraw $652,205 from the teller machines.

According to the complaint, some of the stolen money was converted into cashier checks and used to purchase vehicle parts or vehicles with salvage titles; the vehicles were then shipped to Nigeria, and sold at inflated prices.

Some of the defendants allegedly recruited Nigerian residents in Minneapolis to buy vehicles at auto auctions, giving them cash to make the purchases.

According to a U.S. Secret Service affidavit, one of the defendants bragged about how he could not "get caught conducting his illegal activity" because he was "very good at covering his tracks."

Charged with one count of bank fraud and one count of access device fraud are Adekunle Kayode Ayeni, 27, Yewande Mariam Sholebo, unknown age, Adewale Alba Alli, unknown age, Olayemi Lateef Banjoko, unknown age, Idowu Ayinla Sadiq, unknown age, Abiodun Banjoko, unknown age, and Oyetoyin Oseni Atobatele, unknown age, all of Fridley; along with Bashiru Adelumola Fowoshere, 36, and Titilayo Abidewi Fowoshere, unknown age, both of Ramsey; Oriyomi Enitan Olowosago, unknown age, Brooklyn Park; and Ajibola Alli Fowoshere, 34, address unknown.

Eight of the 11 were arrested last Friday, when they also made their initial court appearance. Three remain at large.

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by atlwireles: 6:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
kingoflag: You are not Edo, ur previous posts betray you severally! YOU R IGBO! Maybe, raised around the Edos, but it's clear that ure 100% igbo. What kind of Edo are u that all of a sudden there's a SS/SE coalition in your head? How many Edos you met that want to have a nation with people from Rivers or Bayelsa to talk less of one with the Igbos? The kind of bile you spit is only heard from one section of the country, guess which one? *hint--- it's not the Edos. Only people from one section of the country are known to try to mitigate current crimes based on past occurrences: "At least she didn't steal as much as so and so...". Keep deceiving urself and assuming nobody can see beyond your intended folly. Edo indeed. Edo Ko, edomization ni.

That is the problem with most of you South westerners, it is not 1979. Come down to the old Midwest and see, how many people or tribes want to be associated with your people.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Midastouch1: 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
JMOI: Yoruba gang busted in the US

It is not a contest of which tribe has more criminals- the answer to that very clear.

I was responding to you when you brought up the Woolwich incidence and the funny blasphemous comment about you spreading "God-given wealth" and wisdom.
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
atlwireles:

That is the problem with most of you South westerners, it is not 1979. Come down to the old Midwest and see, how many people or tribes want to be associated with your people.
Ummm, Bro, except ur talking Oregon and Illinois, I honestly think ur referring to the wrong person and should get in contact with ur fellow backwards Nigerians asap. I was born and raised on 24hr electricity and cold milk in the fridge...my brain cells are still intact and functional.
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by atlwireles: 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
kingoflag: Ummm, Bro, except ur talking Oregon and Illinois, I honestly think ur referring to the wrong person and should get in contact with ur fellow backwards Nigerians asap. I was born and raised on 24hr electricity and cold milk in the fridge...my brain cells are still intact and functional.

Add some cheese and high speed internet. You remain the same.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by olabukola: 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2013
kingoflag: Ummm, Bro, except ur talking Oregon and Illinois, I honestly think ur referring to the wrong person and should get in contact with ur fellow backwards Nigerians asap. I was born and raised on 24hr electricity and cold milk in the fridge...my brain cells are still intact and functional.
This your statement clearly shows that you lack the basic knowledge to discuss anything Nigeria. So keep to Oregun and Illinois while real Nigerians battle in their lack of cold milk and electricity. Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by gregg2: 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Stop trying to justify the unjustifiable, have a little bit dignity and self respect. We all read and heard about fashola's bullet proof car, Amaechi's jet but we did not see invoice like we are seeing in Oduah's case, where up to five contradicting official statements, denial and confirmation were released out of confusion in 72 hours.

1) Were the invoices you talked about raised in Stella's name?

2) If not, what makes you conclude Stella personally inflated the cost and should resign?

3) What if the price negotiation was done by civil servants working with NCAA?

4) The oduah you crucify, do you have evidence that she financially enriched herself in the purchase?

Hey!! that woman is the best thing to happen to aviation ministry in the last 20yrs. You enemies of progress should allow her concentrate on the transformation of our airports.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by White007(m): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2013

Spare us your infantile drivel, you simpleton!
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 27, 2013
olabukola: This your statement clearly shows that you lack the basic knowledge to discuss anything Nigeria. So keep to Oregun and Illinois while real Nigerians battle in their lack of cold milk and electricity. Nonsense.
atlwireles:

Add some cheese and high speed internet. You remain the same.
look at them. Cows. Backwards, tribal and myopic like a jungle filled with savage apes. Unthinking and typical. Next thing you know they're either sacrificing humans or their elected officials are taking oaths, nake.d, in fetish shrines. It's the 21st century, dummies, open ur blinded eyes.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2013
White007:

Spare us your infantile drivel, you simpleton!
Do not derail the thread, let's talk about the thief you guys are adamant on defending because she is from your tribe. I'm not saying u obviously have the mentality of a ret.ard.ed animal o, I'm just saying let's stick to the subject at hand.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2013
Seriously, how much dud Fashola buy his amoured cars?
I saw 600 million naira in one post, is that true?
Eh, All these ngbatic bigots?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
kingoflag: Do not derail the thread, let's talk about the thief you guys are adamant on defending because she is from your tribe. I'm not saying u obviously have the mentality of a ret.ard.ed animal o, I'm just saying let's stick to the subject at hand.

Yorubas have given us more thieves in this nation or have u forgotten?
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Datiboboi: 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2013
PapaBrowne: Go and read the Kano state gov's threat to Stella oduah today.

Read through the posts of many nairalanders from a particular section of the country concerning Enugu international airport.

Go and read an article on how internationalization of Enugu airport would kill the aviation industry written by a purported aviation expert from a certain part of the country.

Ask yourself why the attacks on Stella even before the BMW scandal was extremely high and increased immensely after Ethiopian airlines touched ground in Enugu.

Ask yourself why the BMW scandal of is so loud despite the minute figure in comparison to say the pension fund scandal or even the fuel subsidy scandal that ran into trillions or sanusi's university donations running in billions that vanished. Funnily Amaechi bought a jet worth $50m. Fashola bought bullet proof vehicles worth 600 million naira. Noboby complains in all these crazy cases. Infact, if this happened b4 Enugu airport, nobody would have complained.

Lets not deceive ourselves. I previously used to assume South eastern complaints about hatred from the west was exaggerated. But after this incident, I have concluded that there is a real war against south east and south south progress by the previous blocs that held the ante of power and have now lost it to the previously marginalized who ae now lords of the manor.

And by the way, I'm not Igbo. I am from edo state.

Let me quote you sharply cus I know some cabal here on NL can easily disappear your good thought

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Ayekotoo(m): 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
PapaBrowne:
Fashola bought bullet proof vehicles worth 600 million naira. Noboby complains in all these crazy cases. Infact, if this happened b4 Enugu airport, nobody would have complained.

prove this or keep your mouth shut. And please don't show us one nollywood source written by your kinsmen

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Datiboboi: 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ayekotoo:

prove this or keep your mouth shut. And please don't show us one nollywood source written by your kinsmen

U no go sleep
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Iolo(m): 11:21pm On Oct 27, 2013
oyb:

the dele ore who only exists on the internet, right? sort of like the unlamented "concerned professionals" supporting the then yet-to be-convicted bank chiefs in the face of from Hurricane sanusi

Google him. He's the chairman or president of the aviation round table. Wrote an article that the Enugu airport should be closed to allow local airlines flourish. Claimed oduah threatened his life. Was at the house of rep committe to testify. Etc etc. Just google him.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by adino(m): 11:27pm On Oct 27, 2013
kingoflag: You are not Edo, ur previous posts betray you severally! YOU R IGBO! Maybe, raised around the Edos, but it's clear that ure 100% igbo. What kind of Edo are u that all of a sudden there's a SS/SE coalition in your head? How many Edos you met that want to have a nation with people from Rivers or Bayelsa to talk less of one with the Igbos? The kind of bile you spit is only heard from one section of the country, guess which one? *hint--- it's not the Edos. Only people from one section of the country are known to try to mitigate current crimes based on past occurrences: "At least she didn't steal as much as so and so...". Keep deceiving urself and assuming nobody can see beyond your intended folly. Edo indeed. Edo Ko, edomization ni.

Shut up there. you stay in ur amala infested village in Ogun state typing thrash about Edo State that you will never go to. In Edo State we live side by side and inter marry with the Ibos. F.Y.I most of us have already booked our xmass holiday flight through Enugu Int. Airport. Less free money for the frog eye thief.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Iolo(m): 11:31pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ile-Ife:

What you're basically saying is that the supposed Enugu airport hate is a figment of your imagination.

You have compared the pension fund scandal to that of Stella Oduah. Didn't Maina and his cohorts lose their job? Didn't he flee or try to flee the country? Wasn't everyone involved taken to court until the judge involved basically freed them and the judge lost his job for the outrageous judgement. So, why will Nigerians scream blue murder when corrupt public officials are charged to court.

Stop trying to justify the unjustifiable, have a little bit dignity and self respect. We all read and heard about fashola's bullet proof car, Amaechi's jet but we did not see invoice like we are seeing in Oduah's case, where up to five contradicting official statements, denial and confirmation were released out of confusion in 72 hours.

You and others like you ought to condemn evil when you see one. have a quiet time and have a sober reflection. its a shame.

Why is it no is calling for the trial of the ex NCAA DG. Why is it Stella whose signature isn't found on one single document the one to be sacked? Are you aware that its possible it wasn't her but someone else in the ministry that gave approval? Permanent Secretaries I know do most of the paperwork in ministries. Ministers are not civil servants so don't involve themselves as much.

So we are to believe that she ordered NCAA to purchase cars for foreign dignitaries? Where's the evidence ? Seems the burglar whistleblower just forgot to leak every document with stellas name on it. So what exactly is she guilty of?

If she wanted bullet proof cars. Her ministry mind you with a budget far larger than NCAA would have gotten it for her. Plain and simple.

The folks are the NCAA are the thieves that should be investigated. But no according to you guys its Stella that remote controlled their minds and stole just about 100million naira.

The herd mentality in Nigeria is incredible. Seems no one thinks anymore.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by LajaLaba: 12:26am On Oct 28, 2013
I dey laugh grin.........Ibo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by xtianh(m): 12:59am On Oct 28, 2013
kingoflag: They hate you so much that every other place on earth is unsafe for u, save their region. Everywhere else the Igbos go they're hated, killed, harrased, asked to leave....you name it, Kano, Zamfara, Adamawa, the whole of Northern Nigeria, Banjul, Nairobi, Durban, Bangkok,Johannesburgh, Capetown, Kuala Lumpur, New Delhi etc I do not see any Yoruba states on there, but it's a known fact that Igbos are not harrased by them yet they despise them even though they're allowed to live and raise families in that region, peacefully. I think the hate some have been fed from birth has made them looney. Either that or they were just born with evil in their soul from jump.
please go master your english well. U were sent to school but u went there waist away ur time with wee dz and alcho
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by cjrane: 1:17am On Oct 28, 2013
grin
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by bloggernaija: 1:46am On Oct 28, 2013
Enugu airport is inconsequential to say
1 Kano airport - Middle East /Abuja travelling northerners

2 Abuja-travelling diplomats and civil servant

3Lagos-overwhelming numbers of Yorubas in the diaspora in Australia,Canada ,USA ,Britain and other western countries ,Benin ,diplomats,the majority of the few tourist who venture into Nigeria ,foreign press,Middle East travelling Yorubas on pilgrimage and gold/jewelry business ,students.

The only airport it poses a threat to is port harcourt and being an oil capital with a better cosmopolitan attitude,the only way it can supercede PH in the nearest future is Nigerian government ojoro (like when they tried to strong arm Turkish airlines from Kano to Enugu )or being the national airport of Biafra ;it being the only choice .
Even Benin Republic has an international airport.
So this airport conspiracy only belong in the minds of the paranoid.
Personally,I want regionalism /partition so that those everybody can do whatever they want with their own society

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by shineeye: 2:05am On Oct 28, 2013
JMOI: But the best you could do was to decapitate an innocent soldier in broad daylight on the streets of Woolwich.
TRIBALISM had changed a lot of APC dogs this days,how can a big tribe like south-west always quick to forget how easily they can be exposed.
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 28, 2013
adino:

Shut up there. you stay in ur amala infested village in Ogun state typing thrash about Edo State that you will never go to. In Edo State we live side by side and inter marry with the Ibos. F.Y.I most of us have already booked our xmass holiday flight through Enugu Int. Airport. Less free money for the frog eye thief.
Lmaooooo Edos and Ibos intermarry more than Edos and Yorubas/Hausa-Fulani? Enugu ko, Arugungu ni. Abeg move jo.
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by Nobody: 2:32am On Oct 28, 2013
xtianh:
please go master your english well. U were sent to school but u went there waist away ur time with wee dz and alcho

Lmaooooo see the bolded? oya, jump off the highest cliff in ur hamlet asap. Headfirst o.....
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by naijaking1: 2:59am On Oct 28, 2013
oyb:

the dele ore who only exists on the internet, right? sort of like the unlamented "concerned professionals" supporting the then yet-to be-convicted bank chiefs in the face of from Hurricane sanusi

I'm surprised you are not ashamed of your ealier tribalistically blind support for SLS after his performance over the past couple of years.
For donating 10B naira each to universities in Kano and sokoto, for immoral acts of seduction, for hiring his girlfriend through the back door, for letting Bukola get away with free bank loan, etc, the man could have been sacked a long time ago if he was from the east. But thank God he is from Kano, and GEJ is has no idea how to handle him.
However, for you to bring up an issue of handing out more than 20Bnaira through the back door compared to a mere 225million naira allegedly used to buy cars is just an unfair comparison of a mountain to a mole, but what do you care, you're a ruthless tribalistic Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ethnic by naijaking1: 3:21am On Oct 28, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Who is Dele Oreh and and others, what did they say? Link or links to where we can find how they opposed the Enugu airport?
I suspect that you're playing both sides as usual, but for benfit of doubt, here:

Otherwise, how else does one describe recent hoopla that greeted Ethiopian Airlines’, ET, foray into AkanuIbiam International Airport, Enugu, two weeks ago.

It should be noted that any government serious about the development of its aviation sector would not celebrate multiple entries for foreign airlines into its territories as doing that sets the tone for death of local airlines. And for an aviation sector that is as fledgling as Nigeria’s, the multiple entries granted foreign airlines by officials of the Aviation Ministry can best be described as debilitating for a struggling economy.

The implication of this is capital flight which, before now, had been put at close to N100 billion annually. So, the wild celebration that greeted ET flight into Enugu demonstrated the lack of capacity on the part of those drawing up policies for the aviation industry.

Enugu now makes Ethiopian Airlines’ third entry point into the country, after Lagos and Abuja. Other foreign airlines enjoy same approvals from the Aviation Ministry. This makes the aviation industry the worst bleeding spot for the country in terms of capital flight.

Ideally, local airlines are positioned to feed passengers for foreign airlines but now that the international airlines are indirectly carrying passengers to virtually every corner of the country, government’s talk about assisting domestic airlines to grow amounts to policy somersault. No sane country does it.

The entry of Ethiopian Airlines into Enugu is a negative development for domestic airlines. All we have done is to give way to kill the domestic carriers; we are killing the industry gradually.

They have also succeeded in killing operations into Port Harcourt, Owerri and Asaba, as the domestic airlines are supposed to feed passengers for foreign airlines to these airports. Politically, we have scored some good points but on the other hand, we are damaging the economy,” said Capt. Dele Ore, an ex-pilot.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/aviation-development-a-rehash-of-old-tunes-2/
Re: Is There Any Ethnic by cKaiser: 6:02am On Oct 28, 2013

Papabrowne is one of those Ibo cowards who are too ashamed of their states and claim Edo online

He is just another travel agent who couldnt cut it in business and decided to become a govt asslicker since that pays better

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: People Walk Away And Boo Rochas As He Gives Speech In Owerri. / The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" / These People, Not Muslims Are Behind Southern Kaduna Killings - Dambazau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.